• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
As an aside to the current topics (as I'm known to do), what are your favorite Brawl character mods/PSAs? I like Wisp and Marisa, they're fun.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Who is this Jimmy Whetzel guy and why is he the most obnoxious man ever?

Like, I usually like the Normal Boots and Hidden Block guys.

I can't finish a video of his due to stupidity, pretentiousness, obnoxiousness or lack of reviewer's integrity.

I don't like Yokai Watch. I don't, but he was absolutely unfair to the game and skipped the basic gameplay of the game in his review. My gosh, he didn't get more than two hours into the game.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I can't finish a video of his due to stupidity, pretentiousness or lack of reviewer's integrity.

I don't like Yokai Watch. I don't, but he was absolutely unfair to the game. My gosh, he didn't get more than two hours into the game.
Oh wow, you weren't kidding

I can't stand his voice

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what the NX's gimmick will be. What do we know that's been patented so far?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Here's our last fighter announcement"
It's not THAT HARD people >.>

He never said "new"
Well, y'know

Ice climber's aren't exactly Fighters

They could be exempt from that

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wonder what the NX's gimmick will be. What do we know that's been patented so far?
Having handheld and console components that apparently can be separated from each other?
I wonder if the handheld NX will basically be a super Vita/Wii U Pad.

I kinda hope so, it would be interesting.

I just hope it doesn't cost us significant graphical fidelity.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What do you mean it can't be that ba--

Oh.
Wow, do these people really need to download the patch to understand that Bayonetta is the last fighter?

The image of the complete fighter bundle looks like this:

It doesn't get clearer than that. Oh well, they are in for a rude awakening, but that's their problem.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Imagine the next Nintendo console being a toaster.
Looks like a toaster.
It uses toast-shaped cartridges.
It can hold two cartridges at once for lock-on features like the Genesis.

Patent that ****.
All this reminds me of is how the 2DS looks like a slice of bread. I mean just look at it.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I originally thought TP was only on the Wii, and WW was only on the DS. I found it a bit hard to believe both were on the GC beforehand.
Are you thinking of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks and that was what caused the confusion?

Understandably, you're 14. So you were probably 2 or 3 when Wind Waker came...o...u..t...

Oh my god, I feel old.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
In their core their not bad people. Their nice guys with good intentions. However trademarking a word like react can lead to some controversy

Do people forget they monetized a video about reactions to a school shooting?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's a pretty good summary of the Fine Bros mess going on

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Can we please stop brining up people who think Wolf's still coming back? That topic's effectively a dead horse without even much of a skeleton left at this point. Just let it rest. Anyways, onto the main attractions of this post.

First, a reminder that the Mew event has started today in the US. Second, another episode title for the Pokémon anime has been announced, dubbed "Zapdos and Noivern! A Furious Strike of Lightning!" Judging from the title, it seems like Ash's Noibat's going to evolve then. Also, with both Moltres and Zapdos in XY already, I think Articuno showing up is very likely. I wonder why those guys are showing up to begin with though.

:094:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
My media class teacher just mentioned how she has a "Pac-man frog" and how it screams instead of ribbiting.

Good stuff. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Can we please stop brining up people who think Wolf's still coming back? That topic's effectively a dead horse without even much of a skeleton left at this point. Just let it rest. Anyways, onto the main attractions of this post.

First, a reminder that the Mew event has started today in the US. Second, another episode title for the Pokémon anime has been announced, dubbed "Zapdos and Noivern! A Furious Strike of Lightning!" Judging from the title, it seems like Ash's Noibat's going to evolve then. Also, with both Moltres and Zapdos in XY already, I think Articuno showing up is very likely. I wonder why those guys are showing up to begin with though.

:094:
Well in the game all 3 Kanto birds were there, this might have to do with that.

D

Deleted member

Just in case you guys thought I wasn't doing it this time.

View attachment 94619

Extra special this time. :D
I was going to say I hope to see one of these to be based on Fates but now I remember no one cares about Corrin

Oh.
Rip Smash TV
Died of every single variation of aids

Do people forget they monetized a video about reactions to a school shooting?
Not only trying to get money out of it but just doing a reaction video out of something like this? That's really low

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Oh.
Yeah, I stopped responding to people. I had one guy say fighters take 2 months. When I pulled out a Sakurai Quote™, he said "Mistranslations exist all the time. Can I get a more reputable source?" That's when I gave up on him.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
yeah i feel like he would've been weird in ssb4 but i'd be fine seeing him down the road if ycg continues their thing
y'know once we get super shovel knight or whatever else
Yeah, once he makes the jump to 16 bits,

D

Deleted member

So, in chapter 26 of FE7
Is it normal for Jaffar to kill Maxime before I even get to him?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Champ Gold Champ Gold pointed out the parallels between an official screenshot of Robin and one of Corrin.
Here's a new screenshot that makes said parallel way more apparent.

So I tried doing again a second time and it does look like it perfectly
image.jpeg

BUT, I like the old one due to the light vs dark effect. Especially considering Corrin is more of a light dragon and Robin has a dark dragon held inside of him

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I can't finish a video of his due to stupidity, pretentiousness, obnoxiousness or lack of reviewer's integrity.

I don't like Yokai Watch. I don't, but he was absolutely unfair to the game and skipped the basic gameplay of the game in his review. My gosh, he didn't get more than two hours into the game.
^This.

Like seriously this is so true.

He also did the same thing with his Sonic Adventure review just to find ways to make the game look bad by any means possible.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

He more like Balrog to a sense but that guy is pretty chill and funny at most points.

He used to have really bad quality videos and that hurted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom