• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why is the nose so long? I like the 3rd picture though.
If I remember right, basically what happens is that an input is put in that the software doesn't understand so it does its best to make sense of it while at the same time trying to do what the user requested. It's the AI version of "welp, at least you tried."

Burruni

Smash Hero
Then George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig.
"The name's Chu, Pika Chu"
You look me in the damn eye.
And tell me you DON'T want 025.
Going across Eevee, Marill, Plusle & Minun, Pachurisu, Emolga, and Dendenne as the token love interests.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Then George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig.
"The name's Chu, Pika Chu"
Samuel L. Jackson or bust.
No, I don't care if it may be unfitting, I just wanna hear Pikachu if it hurts (and I quote): "Like a *****."

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Samuel L. Jackson or bust.
No, I don't care if it may be unfitting, I just wanna hear Pikachu if it hurts (and I quote): "Like a *****."
I'd think something more like
"I've had it with these mother****ing Ekans on this mother****ing plane! " should happen too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I do admit that detective Pikachu is an amusing idea.

Would be funny if they added that hat as an alt for Pikachu in Smash, complete with the voice.

He could say some catchphrases or something for the taunts.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is the "Harry Potter" series not the first series about a kid named Harry Potter learning magic?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
FE: Fates?

Censorship is one thing, but I have no problem with them cutting a feature that was at best unnecessary and at worst real creepy.

I also didn't have a problem with them taking out the Pray the Gay Away Potion.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I had no intent of getting into the Fire Emblem: Fates drama that's been happening, but I couldn't help just to notice something (and my intent is to not start the drama again.)

upload_2016-1-26_18-47-53.png

Why hadn't we thought of this?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
On another note, I found out that a lot of you guys are more puritanical than the conservative Christian. That makes me giggle. :troll:
I was going to do one of those "But....I didn't do anything..." sad posts for using the term "a lot of you", but I refrained since I think I was actually going to make some people sad. Cause now I'm frickin' tearing up after trying to find a sad cat image and I ended up looking at too many of them. D:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So... I had no intent of getting into the Fire Emblem: Fates drama that's been happening, but I couldn't help just to notice something (and my intent is to not start the drama again.)

View attachment 93947

What? You can just add anything you want in DLC and it gets around the rating?

D

Deleted member

Holy shoot, I just watched the detective pilachu with sound(finally) and his voice is sexy. Now I have to get the game. :p

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
>People discussing face rubbing again

Ok.

Ima play the game with or without it and I dont really need the opinions of the otakus to play it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

View attachment 93947

Because DLC still affects the rating.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Because DLC still affects the rating.
Isn't DLC rated separately from the game? Like say if they released the Amie thing as DLC, wouldn't the game still be T while the DLC itself will just be M instead?

EDIT: Nevermind. It was cleared up in the post above me.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Isn't DLC rated separately from the game? Like say if they released the Amie thing as DLC, wouldn't the game still be T while the DLC itself will just be M instead?
The Lobo DLC in Injustice: Gods Among Us adds "use of tobacco" to the game's ESRB rating.

So no.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Tommu Wiseau insists he was born in America when his actual backstory of his family trying to smuggle him as a baby from the Soviet Union into France and eventually the US is much more interesting

What, is he wanting to run for US President or something?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Bowser Jr. ontop of PAC-MAN
Holy Dr. Mario, what happened to B Junes

D

Deleted member

Holy shoot, I just watched the detective pilachu with sound(finally) and his voice is sexy. Now I have to get the game. :p
Disclaimer: When I posted this I didn't read all of the posts about detective pilach, I had no idea about that voice. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Apparently Tommu Wiseau insists he was born in America when his actual backstory of his family trying to smuggle him as a baby from the Soviet Union into France and eventually the US is much more interesting

What, is he wanting to run for US President or something?
He should make a movie about it. :ness:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I've been regularly checking in for more news regarding Pikmin 4.

I've been a huge fan of the little series for many years (I played the sequel when I was really young. Unfortunately, we couldn't find any copies of the first game at the time so I had to go with playing the second game before the first.) and I really liked how Pikmin 3 turned out as well, so I'm looking forward to how they'll expand upon the gameplay, as well as the storyline in the next game.
I saw your post and immediately invited you to the Pikmin social group, not realizing that you were already a member, haha. Woops.

Pikmin 3 was pretty good, yeah. I'd like to play through the story again sometime now that I have a somewhat better handle on the controls. I really enjoy Pikmin 1 too. While it's pretty simple, I think it can be fun to replay it to try to beat it in fewer days or with fewer Pikmin casualties than the last time you cleared it. I'm not one of the pros who can beat it in 9 days or 0 deaths and probably never will be, but I like the challenge of trying to beat my high scores.

Pikmin 2 is still my favorite though, mostly because I actually like the caves and the bulbmin a bunch, and feel like two leaders is a happy medium as far as multitasking goes. I'm also a fan of the suit upgrades and hope they make an appearance in 4.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm pretty sure the reason they removed the "Petting" was ESRB related. We here are all aware of how the ESRB rates content after the Smash leak so like 20 videos of petting followed by kissing including, y'know, ones with your siblings, might inspire the ESRB to go "Man this sure deserves an M rating."

Partly because Japanese culture is more accepting of this while American culture isn't

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I remember right, basically what happens is that an input is put in that the software doesn't understand so it does its best to make sense of it while at the same time trying to do what the user requested. It's the AI version of "welp, at least you tried."
Ah I see, thanks for informing me!

What's all this nonsense? Detective Pikachu should be voiced by Morgan Freeman. :denzel:
Can this be the ending line?

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm pretty sure the reason they removed the "Petting" was ESRB related. We here are all aware of how the ESRB rates content after the Smash leak so like 20 videos of petting followed by kissing including, y'know, ones with your siblings, might inspire the ESRB to go "Man this sure deserves an M rating."

Partly because Japanese culture is more accepting of this while American culture isn't
These are the people who gave Dual Destinies an M rating, after all.

And the Tharja situation, of course.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Bowser Jr. ontop of PAC-MAN
Holy Dr. Mario, what happened to B Junes
It's beautiful.

Yeah, it's pretty much that. And Nintendo likely didsn't want the game rated M.

Also, I found out that the ending theme of Xenoblade (Beyond the Sky) has a Japanese version. The original song is in English for all versions of the game [including the original Japanese version], but the singer released an album that contained a new version of the song with the original Japanese lyrics (written by Tetsuya Takahashi that were translated to English). If you're curious, you can listen here.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The lack of eyes reminds me of a pic I took a while back:

Perhaps the two are related?
Also, on a side note of this, can I mention just how awkward Dedede Kirby is? I don't know if it's also like this on the Wii U version, but it's... odd on the 3DS version. I mean, look at this:

This is just the idle animation after inhaling someone.Like, I get with 50+ characters something was bound to happen, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom