• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I can't wait to see the approx. minute length.

Hope it's 45 minutes long like the one from April.
I completely agree. Smashville doesn't really deserve to be on Wii U, imo.
Eh, I personally don't care much if it's on Wii U. I think it should've been on 3DS too, and with DLC being a thing I just want to see it there.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm so sick of having no new guys.

I'm just casually dying over here because there hasn't been news...

NINTENDO DIRECT ANNOUNCED?!!!

AND FOR A DAY I'M OFF?!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Ugh, I hope we don't have a repeat of last direct lol. It's probably going to have 1 or 2 cool things, with mostly stuff we already know, and a bunch of boring stuff. Don't be mad.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ugh, I hope we don't have a repeat of last direct lol. It's probably going to have 1 or 2 cool things, with mostly stuff we already know, and a bunch of boring stuff. Don't be mad.
I would't say that,, it will probably be as big, if not bigger then the April one . Nintendo knows what the fans want, and know they have to step it up after the news drought, and I'm sure they have some big titles in the works. So I'd say hype for this direct should definitely be high.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
With the new Nintendo Direct in tweo days. The Shovel Knight rumours whether it's true or not will finally die on Thursday. Also is there a good chance of Lucas amiibo release date being announced?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
While I don't necessarly agree with your opinion, I think that seeing it that way could make it easy to blow our expectations...

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Something I'm really hoping for that no one seems to remember, a localization for Rhythm Heaven TB+. I know the games usually come to the west much later, but if they pulled it out for the holidays that would be awesome.

and reveal Chorus Kids as Smash DLC alongside it amirite

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Ok guys, it's been a few hours and numerous pages. Let's calm down with the .gifs.

So any predictions for the Direct? DLC? New Games? Other Info?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Ok guys, it's been a few hours and numerous pages. Let's calm down with the .gifs.

So any predictions for the Direct? DLC? New Games? Other Info?

-Lucas, Ryu, Roy amiibo release date.

-Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

-Mario Tennis

-Xenoblade X

- Shovel Knight for Smash maybe.

-Fire Emblem Fates(maybe announce Roy amiibo compatibility)

-Bravely Second

-Triforce Heroes DLC

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Good point, but I wanted Yoshi's Story from Melee because cloud shenanigans.
You sick ****. How dare you call the might Randall a mere 'cloud'. You disgust me, you ORAORA screaming Final Fantasy 7 fanboy tear source
Randall is just a cloud.

True, he's the best cloud ever, but he's still just a cloud.

Looks like someone's got a case of Death Battle Salt Syndrome :p
'just a cloud'?

Also lol I ♥ RWBY in comparison to FF

Good point, but I wanted Yoshi's Story from Melee because butt shenanigans.
You sick ****. How dare you call the might Randall a mere 'butt'. You disgust me, you ORAORA screaming Final Fantasy 7 fanboy tear source
Randall is just a butt.

True, he's the best butt ever, but he's still just a butt.

Looks like someone's got a case of Death Battle Salt Syndrome :p
'just a butt'?

Also lol I ♥ RWBY in comparison to FF

I love you so much Cloud To Butt Plus.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm trying not to get too excited about potential Smash news.

There are other Nintendo games after all.

It's just been since June that we got any characters, and that to me tells me they had to be working on something big in that time.

Soul.

Lol, are memes seriously that funny enough to be put as the focus of a game. How are images with text or NSFW material funny??
This just looks like a flash game.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
While I don't necessarly agree with your opinion, I think that seeing it that way could make it easy to blow our expectations...
People never agree with me on this. And 99.9% of the time they come here and complain about it as soon as it's over haha.

I'm the Negative Knight. I'm not the hero this thread deserves, but the one it needs. ;)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd be happy for just about any nintendo news. As long as it's not them trying to sell games already/ out like Zelda TF.

Oh god they'll waste twenty minutes talking about TFH won't they.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Sandslash
Gets diamond quills, sharper claws and red tribal-like marks around the eyes
Sand Rush, becomes part Steel
A high increase in Attack and Speed, both Defence stats get boosted but Sp.Atk gets lowered for higher Sp.Def boosts
Mega Marowak

Design-wise, it gets more bone armor, similar to Fire Emblem Awakening's Berserker class. It has an ethereal purple glow around one of its eyes, as if channeling the spirit of its dead mother. It wields an absolutely massive bone club.

Ability-wise, it would get a new one: "Boneserker" or something. It'd basically just be Huge Power with a different name. This is to make up for the lack of it getting to hold a Thick Club.

Stat and type-wise, it'd become Ground-Ghost and have increased speed and defense, but lowered Special Defense.

I feel this would be Marowak's logical conclusion. Plus it's one of, if not my favorite, first generation Pokemon. :p
Actually it looks like this:

And here is mega venomoth:

And I think this would make a great mega mew concept:
View attachment 82118
Oh, before I forget, I may as well do one for another one of my favorites. Almost forgot he was Johto for a second. :laugh:

Mega Qwilfish
Water-Poison
Ability: Rough Skin

Appearance-wise, Qwilfish gets much larger and rounder, and sports a fu manchu and thicker eyebrows, making him look like a regal sushi chef of sorts. He also gains actual pectoral fins and longer spines.

Qwilfish gains a ton of Defense and Special Defense, and a bit of Attack, but lowers its Speed. This guy's meant to be a hazardous tank. Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Rough Skin, Destiny Bond, Thunder Wave, and Poison Jab and Waterfall for offensive move options? This guy can do it all.
All of the above Megas get special shoutouts. They're great ideas and I could see them happening.

Let's calm down with the low-effort posts, guys. Hype responsibly.

Also I voted other in the poll because Fourside wasn't on there. :p

Beyond that I made a Direct Bingo Card for myself but since there's so many things that seem like obvious reveals in general I may clear the whole board. :p
That Bingo Card also seems really plausible. Opossum Opossum on point today guys.
And everyday, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom