• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Not exactly sure why some think the speculation for smash news is dead, there's still 2 days. Also, it's pretty late at night in Japan, so I don't expect Sakurai to retweet it until tomorrow.
I was merely joking, since Sakurai usually tweets about an upcoming Direct when theres Smash news involved. Since theres no Sakurai tweet, we can assume theres no news, thus dead speculation :p

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I voted for Fountain of Dreams and a cross-plat stage.

And Saffron City

Please Sakurai

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Has there been a direct since smash 4 announcement or news.I mean main for a main direct wise? I don't think so right

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
New direct?

Guys directs don't exist. Calm down.

D

Deleted member

Auto-grinding is fun
I left my 3DS on for 2 hours and my EO party has leveled up 10 levels
Let's see if Arachne will stand in my way now
Okay, since we've been talking about potential returning stages for Smash 4 being revealed in the upcoming Direct, I made this Strawpoll to gauge what stages you guys want to see the most!

New Stage Reveals: http://strawpoll.me/5971698
I voted Spear Pillar because that's the only Pokemon stage I want back from past games
And Wii U/3DS ported stages for Unova League and Arena Ferox in glorious HD

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Praise Palutena! A Direct is finally on the horizon!

Not that Nintendo's announcements slowed down too much without them but they really lost profile. How many games got lost in the mists of random twitter announcements.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I was merely joking, since Sakurai usually tweets about an upcoming Direct when theres Smash news involved. Since theres no Sakurai tweet, we can assume theres no news, thus dead speculation :p
Ah, I actually meant in general, I've seen folks online on twitter and such saying similar things.

Soul.

Oh damn a Direct. Nintendo I love you LOL.

Hopefully they end up showing Smashville on 3DS or something.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imagine if the direct opened like this:

Kimishima walks onto the stage, presses a button, a whistle blows. Out of nowhere a poorly anmated cgi train drives through the stage, on we see miyamoto, reggie, sakurai, and Anouma. Kimishimajumps on as the train speeds ahead, with the words hype train on it. First stop, Sakurai flips off the train, smash logo cuts into the screen. Shovel Knight, Bomberman, King K rool all are showcased. Smashboards dies right there, Sakurai jumps back on the train and Kimishima jumps off.
Kimishima:
"Welcome To the New Nintendo Direct"
*puts on sunglasses, and explosion goes off in the background.
Hype train drives away, but comes back later.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
Hoping for a new trailer of Star Fox Zero and a release date for FE14

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine if the direct opened like this:

Kimishima walks onto the stage, presses a button, a whistle blows. Out of nowhere a poorly anmated cgi train drives through the stage, on we see miyamoto, reggie, sakurai, and Anouma. Kimishimajumps on as the train speeds ahead, with the words hype train on it. First stop, Sakurai flips off the train, smash logo cuts into the screen. Shovel Knight, Bomberman, King K rool all are showcased. Smashboards dies right there, Sakurai jumps back on the train and Kimishima jumps off.
Kimishima:
"Welcome To the New Nintendo Direct"
*puts on sunglasses, and explosion goes off in the background.
Hype train drives away, but comes back later.
'Here is footage of Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero GX HD and Earthbound 2. Did you think we'd neglect these? Hahaha! Now I'll show you the good version of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash'

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
'Here is footage of Metroid Prime 4, F-Zero GX HD and Earthbound 2. Did you think we'd neglect these? Hahaha! Now I'll show you the good version of Mario Tennis Ultra Smash'
Mario Tennis Ultra Smash Director's cut
" Somehow worse then the actual release"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So there is a new Direct this Thursday? It is about time!!

Now... I hope they will announce at least one Smash Ballot character. Oh, and maybe some new amiibos. And new Mario Maker costumes.

I don't know about new games... hopefully something about Zelda Wii U and Pikmin 4... and maybe some surprises. I just want something new to get me hyped again after the Mario Maker update.

Soul.

That makes way too much sense, actually.

After all, Smashville is based on Wild World; a DS game.
It should have been in the base game to begin with. I'm hoping it does make it as 3DS DLC now though.
And maybe a few other stages. Characters are a hit or miss for me so I just wait and see instead of disappointment.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Pretty much the only previously unannounced game I could see is Twilight Princess HD; with Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokkén already on the horizon, I don't see a Z announcement happening for a while.

Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It should have been in the base game to begin with. I'm hoping it does make it as 3DS DLC now though.
And maybe a few other stages. Characters are a hit or miss for me so I just wait and see instead of disappointment.
I completely agree. Smashville doesn't really deserve to be on Wii U, imo.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pretty much the only previously unannounced game I could see is Twilight Princess HD; with Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokkén already on the horizon, I don't see a Z announcement happening for a while.

I'm hoping for Z as well. If it is in the direct, CoroCoro might spoil it though, if it leaks beforehand. Although I think pokken info could show up, and might be more likely. I wonder if the pikachu detective game still exists. If so they could announce that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You sick ****. How dare you call the might Randall a mere 'cloud'.
Randall is just a cloud.

True, he's the best cloud ever, but he's still just a cloud.

You disgust me, you ORAORA screaming Final Fantasy 7 fanboy tear source
Looks like someone's got a case of Death Battle Salt Syndrome :p

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee

There is something very fishy though on the 12th, because Japan had an event tie in with that XYZ Anime special, where they gave special codes for a shiny Xerneas, shiny Yvetal & a regular Zygarde.

The Zygarde will be distributed in Japan on the 12th, so this could be more then just a coincidence & Coro Coro will also leak later this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom