• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survive Down Air?

Modkiq

Smash Rookie
NNID
Modkiq
Hey guys. You know how you are able to survive for example Sonic's down air off the stage as long as you use your first jump before you use dair? I was wondering if you can do the same thing with Corrin's down air somehow. I know you can survive Corrin's down air on stages with walls, as you can use her side B to get an extra jump off the wall, but are you able to survive on stages like Battlefield (using the platforms) or even better, on final destination?
If anyone have discovered how (if possible) I'd love to know how you did it.

Oh also, I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, or if anybody made a thread on it already.

EDIT: Turns out you can. I didn't think about tilting Corrin's recovery to go straight up when trying to recover. Thanks shadowofchaos725

Last edited:

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
HUH. I know a bunch of you probably already know this because you’re more hardcore than me, but…

You can recover from a dair offstage if you did so on the top of your first jump and hold BACK while doing your up b. The up b naturally goes forward and kills vertical distance. If you hold back from the direction you’re recovering from, you can increase it to almost a Marth dolphin slash.

It's just fun to discover crap like this on your own, you know.
I found this out just earlier.

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
If the bottom of the stage is solid (e.g. Omega Colosseum), you can use side B > jump cancel > up B to get back on the stage.

Modkiq

Smash Rookie
NNID
Modkiq
If the bottom of the stage is solid (e.g. Omega Colosseum), you can use side B > jump cancel > up B to get back on the stage.
I already knew that, but it turns out you can survive it on any stage.

HLN_Midas

Smash Rookie
NNID
KG1337
3DS FC
0946-2319-6755
At certain percents I've been able to Dair into a footstool and recover.

Edit: It might be specific to certain characters, but I havent tested it enough yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom