• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Surprise Iceblocks

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Here's a useful trick that I stumbled upon a while back, so I thought I'd share it here. Ok so right when a match starts and your IC a dropping off the litle pedastal of light thing that you start on, they are technically in a desynched state as if you just finished a roll. In other words, if you hold B before the match starts, right when they land just Nana will fire an ice block. This is neat because you can actually start the match off with you IC desynched. From here you can either choose to perform and ice block chaser and get an early grab, or keep the desynch going. For example, fire another ice block with Popo and Nanapult, with basically no risk.

Another trick I tinkered with is similar to the first. After you die, and your respawning on the floating platform, you're also desynched. However, this time it's just Popo who will perform the attack. So, instead of dropping down, simply fire an iceblock or turn around and fire an iceblock from the floating platform. Only Popo will fire it and Nana will drop down. Once Nana hits the ground you can do any other action, I perfer to just fire another ice block, soon after Popo will land. From here you have two iceblocks heading towards your opponent, and you're currently in control of Popo. Once again you have the option to chase the ice blocks, except here there's no risk since you have invincibility frames, or you can camp back fire more ice blocks into a Nanapult or something.

Post your thoughts, or anything neat that you can come up with.

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i use it too, When i die i do this.

Popo B, Dash Jump D-B for nanapault as soon as the game begins...or rather my life begins again...

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
yea i know this, but for some reason it works best for me only in socket 1, cuz i tried in different sockets and it doesn't work well, maybe its my cube, i don't know.

Top Bottom