• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suppose Wario Land gets ONE music track in Wii U...

D

Deleted member

...though, from Sakurai's point of view, this may be one music track too many...

Okay, I am expecting the Wii U version to have over 500 songs (a guesstimate), which I want to see. And since WarioWare Inc. is returning (most likely with all the Brawl tracks), in addition to Gamer, I honestly don't think they'll just leave all of the music choices to the microgame franchise, but I know I'll be wrong.

One element I liked about Wario Land was the music, and at the very least, that part of Wario's lore should be honored. The first three Wario Land games had okay music (well, good music, but not the kind you'd customize off of), while Wario Land 4, Wario World, and Shake It! had soundtracks I enjoyed. However, since this is Wario Land and not WarioWare, it won't get nearly the recognition, so it's influence will be miniscule. So, let's say we have just one track from the franchise.

So, here's my suggestions:

*Toy Block Tower from Wario Land 4
*Vs. Red Brief J from Wario World
*Glittertown from Wario Land: Shake It!
*Bloomsday Blowout from Wario Land: Shake It!
*Vs. the Shake King from Wario Land: Shake It!

Fans of our garlic-loving, gross anti-hero, what say you?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Here are my picks (note: I have never played Shake It! or Wario World).

-Level 1 theme from the original Wario Land
-Out of the Woods theme from Wario Land 3
-A Wario Land medley using various main themes from the games (such as the first two mentioned)
-Train stage remix from Wario Land
-Crescent Moon Village from Wario Land 4 (would really fit the somewhat creepy atmosphere of the stage)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I canno't believe none of you said Toxic Wasteland from Wario Land 4. Shame on you. Shame on all of you.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Hell to the yes

Now everyone will know where his victory jingle came from :lol

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I heard Stonecarving City in the Direct.

Is the track at 29:20 a Wario Land: Shake It song? To me, it sounds like it but I haven't played Shake It all the way through.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ )
Sounds like one, but I don't remember hearing it anywhere.

I find it odd that at least one bit of Wario Land content is getting some spotlight on the Wii U version, when every Wario Land prior to Shake It was handheld.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I heard Stonecarving City in the Direct.

Is the track at 29:20 a Wario Land: Shake It song? To me, it sounds like it but I haven't played Shake It all the way through.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0BBGzfw0pQ )
It's from Wii Fit.

Also watch them call Stonecarving City "Wario's Extended Victory Theme" and avoid any other Wario Land mention :^)

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
It's from Wii Fit.

Also watch them call Stonecarving City "Wario's Extended Victory Theme" and avoid any other Wario Land mention :^)
But they have to mention the game of origin. I guess the words "Wario" and "Land" will be in the game after all! /single tear

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Silly Wariofans, clearly it's the Wario Victory Theme (Longer Mix). What's a Wario Land?

D

Deleted member

Silly Wariofans, clearly it's the Wario Victory Theme (Longer Mix). What's a Wario Land?
Some game where Wario didn't have people make microgames for him to profit on.

I guess he usually would go treasure hunting or something. One time, he overslept one morning and some pirate chick took his mansion.

Shmebulock

Smash Cadet
Turns out he is getting a Wario Land: Shake It! song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56vVA9jdHI8 at 1:01 it shows a track called "Ruins", presumably it's the Stonecarving City music that was heard briefly in the direct.

It's also strange that the character silhouette in the background when selecting a Wario song isn't Wario. Perhaps this is because he is still locked at the time of recording.

Last edited:

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
I know I won't stop saying it-- I love the heck out of Warioware. Wario Land is good too, but if I could only have one or the other it'll be Warioware a thousand times over.

That said, what the hell is with Gamer's music? I thought that the music choices were bad for Warioware Inc., but there is still so much wasted potential. We have two versions of Ashley's theme, a spooky fiddle, a brutalized remix of Warioware Inc. Theme, and an equally brutalized medley. Is Wario all about that distortion guitar?

Stonecarving City is definitely the stage's best song. But why can't we have both Warioland and Warioware? I know many of you here can quote WarioLand 4's entire track and so much more, but as far as Warioware goes, where are these classics?:
Drifting Away/Floating
A true keystone of the series. This one has been in since the GameCube version, but it's been referenced in just about every game whether as a collectible record (Twisted) or even as a landmark in Diamond City. (Smooth Moves)

Wow! Now this is a real missed opportunity. Can you imagine this re-mastered? It screams wacky Wario.

Jimmy's Showtime
Jimmy T's theme from WarioWare Touched. Jimmy has had a lot of different dance tracks over the games, and I think the one from Smooth Moves may be the most recognizable, but I feel like this one has a better feel to it overall. It's more fun.

Yellow Murmur
We're not done yet! Crygor also has a lot of great songs, and it was difficult for me to choose just one. Both his Bathroom Jam and Bright Idea Boogie are great, but the Yellow Murmur is one of the most recent and really catchy.

Pizza Dinosaur
This music plays while Pizza Dinosaur chases Mona across the highway. This one would be great for a remix.

Honourable mention: NES Remix (Twisted)
Not the new eShop game, but actually 18-Volt's unofficial theme. I think if Gamer represented 9-Volt's room better (His remixing table, old-school game collection, etc.) it would fit a lot better. As iti s, it makes enough sense if you'd actually played Game and Wario's Gamer before.

That's far from the last of suitable songs, but I wanted to keep it brief. It's also extremely far from the last of great Warioware music, but some of it was too chill for a fighting game. Again, not to say there isn't also a huge list of GREAT music from Warioland and other series, but these are some huge missed opportunities even if Sakurai wanted to stick with just Warioware songs.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Warioware definitely got the shaft too.

That said, you can't talk Warioware songs without mentioning the best one: Jimmy's Aerobics (Body Rock), particularly the Japanese version.

Folt

Smash Ace

This and Count Cannoli.
Excellent choice of music, particularly the "Hurry Up!" music which owns (and that's a good thing since you'll be hearing that one for just about every level in Wario Land 4.)

Here's another great piece of music:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Not sure this is exactly the right topic, buuuut...
There's a Ashley's Theme v2 that is Japan only. New arrangement (better than the previous imo) but no English recording exists for it.

Thanks Samurai. My heart fart goes out to you.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Not sure this is exactly the right topic, buuuut...
There's a Ashley's Theme v2 that is Japan only. New arrangement (better than the previous imo) but no English recording exists for it.

Thanks Samurai. My heart fart goes out to you.
REALLY?!? Wario gets ONE new remix (which sounds amazing and really suits the Gamer stage), and it's only available in Japan!?!?

Then again, everyone but Japan got that... "other version"... so... at least we're kind of... special.

Overmaster

Hibiki for Smash 4 DLC!
REALLY?!? Wario gets ONE new remix (which sounds amazing and really suits the Gamer stage), and it's only available in Japan!?!?

Then again, everyone but Japan got that... "other version"... so... at least we're kind of... special.
It's spooky, but Wario Land 4 was probably more fitting for Gamer. Hotel Horror, and Crescent Moon Village especially. (But I might be biased, since that's one of my favourites.)

Last edited:

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Bit of a bump, but Jimmy's Aerobics is the one true song that NEEDED a remix in Smash. It would've been perfect, it didn't even need to be in Gamer, it could've been used in the Wii Fit stage. I mean, did we really need as many Wii Fit songs as we got?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
So glad to see a lot of you guys longing for Body Rock! That song truly is amazing!

Wario Ware music is great and it pains me to see how they cut Mona's Pizza and Mike's theme for Gamer. Why? If Port Town can have a gajillion themes (including 4!!!! remixes of mute city) then why cannot wario?

on the topic of great Wario music, Why didn't I see THIS, yet?!

Greenhorn Forest from Wario World

Or this:

Glittertown (basically Greenhorn ruins remixed) from shake it

Or this:

Mt. Lava Lave from shake it

OOOOr this:

Launchpad Labyrinth

Actually, why not go for the Game that introduced Wario to us? I found a great remix of the wario battle "theme" from SML2 that should work really well in Gamer and can easily replace "Jam with the band":

Puh...good lord, I love Wario Game Music just so much...

Last edited:
Top Bottom