• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
DUDE! I loved that. The editing, the music, that sweet border, it was so good. Really well done, can't wait to see the final version.
Also there were some big names in those credits, thats awesome.
Is there anyway to make those credits scroll smoother though? they seemed a bit jittery.
Anyway, it's incredible, well done.
We might have to drop two of the names due to problems with timing, but we'll see. I'm not fixing it until I have finalized supporters on our credits, so the credit scrolling issue will be gone in the final version.
Thank you for all those comments, and thank you for your contributions as well, couldn't have done it without you.
Once we get the commentary in there, everything should line up.

Last edited:

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Dat list of supporting websites.....

I'm honestly surprised! Good work, mate.

And commentary? Is it already recorded?

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Dat list of supporting websites.....

I'm honestly surprised! Good work, mate.

And commentary? Is it already recorded?
Commentary is debatable. I have somebody i'm talking to, who is pretty well known, who wants to work on it. Only problem is, we're both very busy and keep missing each other. We're working it out as we speak, and hopefully he goes through with it. We'd get a lot of support and viewers if he does.

And i'm not sure what day, but sometime this weekend i'm updating the OP. I some cool things I did in illustrator and photoshop to really liven our thread up. I'll be in talks with mods shortly after to returning us to where we once came.

If you guys have any questions, ideas or suggestions, please do not hesitate to post. :)

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
No, but a question.

Where is the hub so to speak for this little endeavor? I can't imagine that a smashboards page is where the most supporters are...

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
No, but a question.

Where is the hub so to speak for this little endeavor? I can't imagine that a smashboards page is where the most supporters are...
This pains me to say this, but you're correct. We have no hub, and i'm in no position to get one together.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Sorry for the extreme delay for responding to this board. Got college finals I gotta finish. I'll be a LOT more free after Wednesday as my finals will be done by then.

Great video so far gameb0ybryan! I really like it! :) I think commentary would help the video a bit, but I think it's fine as is.

If I may ask, was the Xenoblade footage (11:13 onwards) there such that this operation is compared to the Operation Rainfall movement that got XC to Europe and the States? That's what I got from it, but I think some clarification might be needed for that part of the video.

But yeah, I'm loving the video! I think it's amazing that we got support from all of those sites (i.e. Nintendo World Report, Operation Rainfall, NeoGaf, Smash Boards, Ready for Ray Thread, etc.)! Branching out is a very important thing to do in order to get a movement moving!

Quick question: do you think we will eventually need a central website for this operation? If so, we could use a site generator like Weebly or Wordpress in order to quickly create one. That being said, it might not be 100% needed at the moment. Maybe in the future.

Overall, I am very impressed with what you did! :) Well worth the wait! :D

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Sorry for the extreme delay for responding to this board. Got college finals I gotta finish. I'll be a LOT more free after Wednesday as my finals will be done by then.

Great video so far gameb0ybryan! I really like it! :) I think commentary would help the video a bit, but I think it's fine as is.

If I may ask, was the Xenoblade footage (11:13 onwards) there such that this operation is compared to the Operation Rainfall movement that got XC to Europe and the States? That's what I got from it, but I think some clarification might be needed for that part of the video.

But yeah, I'm loving the video! I think it's amazing that we got support from all of those sites (i.e. Nintendo World Report, Operation Rainfall, NeoGaf, Smash Boards, Ready for Ray Thread, etc.)! Branching out is a very important thing to do in order to get a movement moving!

Quick question: do you think we will eventually need a central website for this operation? If so, we could use a site generator like Weebly or Wordpress in order to quickly create one. That being said, it might not be 100% needed at the moment. Maybe in the future.

Overall, I am very impressed with what you did! :) Well worth the wait! :D
The Xenoblade footage is related to Operation Rainfall, and talks about how our movement is based off of that. As far as clarification goes, I may as well post the script for the video for you guys to read, as every part of the script lines up with the actual video. My proposal is that you print the script out, and read it along with the video. Like I said, it all lines up, so there are a lot of cheeky jokes that happen from what is said and what appears in the video. :psycho:

I had a lot of fun and stress contacting all of these people, and now you can see what was so difficult to work on behind the scenes. Remember, i'm one person trying to do all of this while trying to succeed in my own life.

As far as a central hub or website, if we can get someone who can handle that for us, it can be a possibility. As of right now, I am BOOKED because of the holidays. But eventually, yes, we most likely will need one.

Also, as a smaller update, i'll have the OP finished either tonight or tomorrow. If it looks glitchy at any point, I apologize, as I am just trying to make sure everything fits in place.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
The Xenoblade footage is related to Operation Rainfall, and talks about how our movement is based off of that. As far as clarification goes, I may as well post the script for the video for you guys to read, as every part of the script lines up with the actual video. My proposal is that you print the script out, and read it along with the video. Like I said, it all lines up, so there are a lot of cheeky jokes that happen from what is said and what appears in the video. :psycho:

I had a lot of fun and stress contacting all of these people, and now you can see what was so difficult to work on behind the scenes. Remember, i'm one person trying to do all of this while trying to succeed in my own life.

As far as a central hub or website, if we can get someone who can handle that for us, it can be a possibility. As of right now, I am BOOKED because of the holidays. But eventually, yes, we most likely will need one.

Also, as a smaller update, i'll have the OP finished either tonight or tomorrow. If it looks glitchy at any point, I apologize, as I am just trying to make sure everything fits in place.
No need to apologize mate! I think everything looks great! I'm really loving what you have done!

Take a nice break during the holidays mate! You've done enough for now. :)

Hope Christmas and the like goes great for all of you guys!

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
BUMP 4 FIRST PAGE

and I support, really love to see Megaman, R.O.B., and Ray vs Shulk in a challenge for a second one.

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
in before remake of BR gets announced in tomorrow's direct:)

but really, I hope there's some info on more of Nintendo's more minor franchises. Any would do.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
in before remake of BR gets announced in tomorrow's direct:)

but really, I hope there's some info on more of Nintendo's more minor franchises. Any would do.
I totally wished some of Nintendo's more minor franchises were mentioned in that direct (like Custom Robo).

Outta the whole direct, the things that really got my attention were the new Fire Emblem game (I LOVE that series), Fossil Fighters Frontier (LOVE that series), Majora's Mask 3D having a special edition New 3DS XL (I need an upgrade), Wii Virtual Console games (though having some N64 and GCN virtual console games would be nice as well), and the fact that the New 3DS is coming out on the 13th of February (I need an upgrade).

Wished some CR stuff appeared on the direct though (hypothetical case [wished it were real though], 'Smash 4's newest DLC will include Ray INSERTVERSIONNUMBERHERE as a playable character!!" or "New Custom Robo game on the 3ds/Wii U!!" or something like that). That would make my day.

Edit:

I knew we had a ray thread somewhere, please help on the Create-A-Smash Project, as we are currently working on adding Ray as a character. We just posted our preliminary moveset, and we need advice for weather this fits from people who know the character better then we.
http://smashboards.com/threads/cas-project-ii-newcomer-1-custom-robo-ray-moveset-and-details.385726/

Sorry that I JUST missed the closing window for that Create-A-Smash-Project thing regarding Ray Mk III. I had a thing typed up for the post but I wasn't able to submit it due to other things like work popping up (gotta wake up very early in order to make it to there on time). Is it alright if I message you about those things? It's just around 6 minor things for clarification or to keep it more closer to source material.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I just came back from MAGfest. We lost our voiceover guy. I'm at the point where I don't know what to do anymore about getting our game back. I wanted to finish updating our first post but I lost the motivation for it so I apologize. I also wanted to ask a few people for help but at this point, I am very lost. I will be posting the script here tonight, and if you guys have any ideas or requests moving forward, I will hear you out. I just simply do not have the motivation that came with when I first started this, and I apologize for all the time I was absent or when I simply couldn't pull through. I will be back on here in 7 hours.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
If anyone has anything to say, feel free to PM me. I'm going to leave for a while, but will check back occasionally. Thank you all for your support.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I just came back from MAGfest. We lost our voiceover guy. I'm at the point where I don't know what to do anymore about getting our game back. I wanted to finish updating our first post but I lost the motivation for it so I apologize. I also wanted to ask a few people for help but at this point, I am very lost. I will be posting the script here tonight, and if you guys have any ideas or requests moving forward, I will hear you out. I just simply do not have the motivation that came with when I first started this, and I apologize for all the time I was absent or when I simply couldn't pull through. I will be back on here in 7 hours.
Hey man, don't worry about it. You've done WAY more than I have ever done. It's fine if you need some time off. We'll be here for you. :)

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Well, as I have work to go to now these days and I gotta take the train in order to make the commute, I had time to work on a variation of Ray's Moveset. I used Ray 01 as the base as he's my favorite legal Robo of all time, but the other Rays can be used in his place. I did borrow most of Gameb0ybryan's throws and the idea of having the Gravity Gun as his NAIR. Also had to do some research regarding stuff from GX, V2, and the original. Feel free to suggest changes.

Series: Custom Robo (1999)
Company: Nintendo

Unique Traits:

Hover: Can hover in place momentarily. Same input as Peach's hover. Lasts for as long, but cannot move horizontally when doing the hover. Feather Legs are equipped automatically as an aesthetic change. Normal Legs equipped after hover is done so falling speed isn't changed after hover. Lasts as long as Peach's hover.

Air Dash: Lacks Vertical Movement for air jumps. Air Dashes move Ray 01 FAR though. Long Thrust legs are equipped as an aesthetic change.

Reload: Can't use same projectile move in succession. 2nd use reloads unless if another move is used or player waits for 5 seconds. Physical moves ignore this. Used to encourage multiple types of projectiles.

Size: Taller than Olimar and Mega Man, but slightly shorter than Link and Samus. Normally 12 inches tall in the source material, but Olimar grew by a lot.

Walking Speed: Above Average (slightly faster than Smash 4 Bowser speed). Stabilizer Legs auto-equipped as an aesthetic.

Dashing Speed: Also around Bowser's (slightly faster). Formula Legs are equipped as an aesthetic.

Weight: In a scale of 0-10, he'd be a 4. Gets KO'd easily around 110% by F-Smashes.

Ground Jump Height: Mega Man's. Wide Jump Legs equipped as an aesthetic.

Number of Jumps (including Ground Jump): 3.

2nd and 3rd jump height: Non-existent as Ray 01 air dashes instead. Explained in "Unique Characteristics" section.

Air speed: Amazing like Mega Man's and Puff's (mainly because of Wide Jump legs).

Falling Speed: Mega Man's. Basically decently fast.

Roll: Long distance, but a bit laggy. Think like in the intro cutscene when he dodges the Wyrm Gun fired by Rakansen (check spelling of name for Illegal Strike Vanisher).

Entrance: Robo Cube launches into arena. Picture how it works in the intro cutscene for CR:BR.

Can crawl?: No.

Can Wall Jump?: Yes, but the angle is practically nonexistent (very horizontal). Air dashes into walls in the source material bounce you off the wall if timed right.

Taunts: Beats me.

Victory Poses: CR:BR's and CR:A's victory poses for Ray 01.

Costumes: Ray 01, Ray, Ray MK II, X Ray, Ray MK III, Ray II Dark, Ray Warrior, and Ray Sky (changes into plane for air jumps but is unchanged otherwise). Same stats and charge attack (even though source material states otherwise). Announcer Name changes as well (like Bowser Jr and the Koopalings).

Moves:

Get Up Attack: Breakdance maneuver with Sword Gun as a Melee weapon for all 3 variations.

Ledge Attack: Marth's ledge attack.

Jab Combo: Basic Gun's 3 shots: Each press does each shot. More powerful than Mega Man's Mega Buster and causes more flinch, but last shot of combo executed (pressing A 1 time or 2 times also does this if no 2nd or 3rd A is pressed, respectively) has more lag because of gun recoil. Travels farther as well. Cannot fire again until shots disappear. 3 shots of 2.6%, 2.6%, and 3.8%. 3rd shot can be cancelled into Jab Combo Ala Illusion Stab or Elwind Rapid Jab.

Rapid Combo: Gattling Gun: 12 shots. Less flinch than Basic Gun. 0.75% each shot. Shots get weaker the farther they go, but are long ranged (3/5ths of FD). Last shot has decent knockback. Part of Basic Gun, so use of Gattling forces reload of Basic.

Dash Attack: Slide Gun: Ray shoots 1 shot while sliding forward. Can aim shot with control stick. Kinda weak, but flinches like Falco's Blaster. Very mobile while doing the move as well. 3.1%

Tilts:

Forward: 3 Way Gun: Fires 9 shots in 3 sets of 3 that all go forward. Each shot is 1.5%.

Down: Burrow Bomb D: Fires a bomb that lodges into the ground in front of Ray 01. Explodes when touched or if nothing happens for a while. Can hurt Ray 01. Think Snake's mines in Brawl. Same power as an uncharged mine in Brawl.

Up: Phoenix Gun: Fires 2 bird shaped rounds simultaneously that travel over the foe's head. 2 hits of 5.5%. Downwards knockback flying down, upwards knockback flying up.

Smashes:

Forward: Charge attack from the games. Powerful and moves forward like Wario Man's F-Smash in Brawl (not as far). Also disappears momentarily like Fox Illusion. Lag is big though. Good at breaking shields and also has Super Armor. 25% Uncharged, 35% fully charged. 60 degree from horizontal for launch angle.

Up: Smash Bomb: Fires a bomb above that explodes immediately after launch. Think Snake's Mortar but it explodes immediately after launch. Very good anti air. About 17% uncharged, 25% fully charged.

Down Smash: Twin Flank H Pods: Pods move in opposite directions. Bounces off walls. Explode after 10 seconds. Low damage and knockback. Mainly used for setting up due to good hitstun. 7% each uncharged, 12% each fully charged.

Aerials:

Nair: Gravity Gun: Immobile projectile is sent out. Decent radius. POWERFUL Meteor Smash. Disappears after 2 seconds. 10%.

Fair: Flare Gun: Fires a shot that bursts into smaller shots. Burst deals 14% during explosion, Smaller shots do 2.5% each. Burst has great knockback, mini shots are Mega Buster knockback.

Bair: Straight Bomb: Fires a bomb backwards. Simple. 9%, but great knockback.

Uair: Satellite Pod: Creates stationary pod. Homes when enemy is closer by. 8%.

Dair: Spider Pod: Creates 1 pod that moves slowly (falls fast) until foe gets close to it. Moves fast for the kill. 8%.

Grab: Catch Gun: Long Range Grab. Slower than Grapple Beam, but homes slightly.

Pummel: Pistol Whip. 1%, quick variant.

FT: Needle Gun: Throws foe forward and shoots 3 way Needle gun. Each needle is 2.4%.

UT: Knuckle Gun: Punches Upwards. 6%. Good combo move at low percentages.

DT: Drill Gun: Drills foe into ground. 10 hits of 0.8%. Knocks foe at low backwards angle.

BT: Shotgun: 3 simultaneous hits. 12%. Good KO move.

Specials:

Neutral (Signature Guns):

1) Dragon Gun: The treasured Dragon Gun that appeared since CR1. Fires moving Dragon Head of Fire that slightly homes on foes. Pretty powerful knockback, but laggy. 17.5%. Power with low speed.

2) Sniper Gun: Another fan favorite since CR1. Fires a shot that is pretty fast and has semi powerful knockback. No homing at all and has some lag as well. 14%. Speed with low homing.

3) Rayfall Gun: Another series favorite. Fires 4 shots. On ground, they wait before launching at opponent. In air, they fire immediately. Strong homing, but not as powerful. 4 shots of 2.5%. Decent flinch, but little to no knockback. Homing with low power.

Side (Restricting Bombs. Hold B to change aim distance and delay launch):

1) Geo Trap Bomb: Fires an arcing bomb that expands slowly. Causes foe to trip if they are hit (caused instant knockdown in source game). Kinda big blast radius. 7%. Anti Ground.

2) Freeze Bomb: Fires straight bomb that paralyzes on contact (not freeze oddly enough) with its blast. 2% damage, but great for set-ups. Ray 01 can be hurt and stunned by the blast if he touches it. Stunner.

3) Gemini Bomb B: Fires two arcing bombs that are spread out. Used for limiting movement, but cannot hurt foes that are in the middle of the two shots. Each bomb does 3.5% and have fixed knockback. Anti Movement.

Up (Recovery. Helpless frames after 2nd and 3rd):

1) Acrobat Bomb: Fires Acrobat bomb that launches Ray 01 up. Very vertical. No damage when opponent gets hit, but there exists knockback at the start of the move.

2) Robo Cannon: Clone of Rosalina's Launch Star, but with the Robo Cannon. More delay and less distance than Acrobat Bomb, but can angle direction. No damage or knockback.

3) Short Tackle Action Chip: Causes Ray 01 to charge in a direction. Think Mewtwo's Teleport but with a tackle instead of a teleport. Least distance out of the 3 (distance of 2nd Elwind in Gliding Elwind) but can cause 15% damage and great knockback if it hits. Any direction too.

Down (Gunners (variant of Pods in GX that fire bullets instead of blowing up)):

1) Round Gunner: Think the Ouroboras from MvC that Strider Hiryu has. Basically that but lasts for 7 seconds. Recharge of 20 seconds after move is finished. 1% each shot from the 2 orbiting gunners.

2) 4-Way Gunner: A pod that stays stationary and fires multiple times. 1.5% each shot (fires 4 at a time in a fan shape). Fires 1 cluster every 2 seconds and lasts for 8 seconds. 13 second cooldown.

3) Seeker Gunner: Slowly follows opponent and tries to get shots on them. 8 second duration with 17 second cooldown. 1% damage each shot.

Final Smash: Soul Boost + Illegal Upgrade:

Ray 01 activates Soul Boost and changes all of his non-body parts for Illegal parts. Soul Boost increases damage, speed, and defense (each attack done on him only does 1% damage). Super Armor is activated as well. Is all gold as well. Reload counter is ignored as well. Lasts as long as Giga Bowser in Smash 4. Phantom Legs are equipped.

New Moveset:
Jab Combo: Non-existent.
Rapid Jab: ARS-G02 Alpha Shot (Military fusion of Gattling and Eagle Guns from GX that AIRS uses): Fires 6 shots of 3%. Fast and slight homing.
Dash Attack: Cleaver Gun (Illegal Slide Gun from Arena): 3 shots while moving. Quicker and more powerful (5% each shot).
F-Tilt: Gousset Gun (Illegal 3-Way from N64 days): Fires 3 sets of 2. Faster and each bullet does 3.5%.
Up Tilt: Carat Gun (Military Grade version of Phoenix): 3 faster simultaneous rounds of 6.5% each hit. Fly higher.
Down Tilt: Nikaidou Bomb (Illegal Burrow Bomb from GX): Fires 2 bombs in a V shape. Both are as powerful as a fully charged Snake mine in Brawl. Burrow into ground.
F-Smash: Ray Warrior's Charge Attack (Battle Revolution). No lag and does 40-50% damage. Tremendous knockback. 15 degree launch angle from horizontal.
Up Smash: Amun Gun (Illegal Gun from V2 and Arena that Jameson uses [Smash Bomb lacked an illegal version]): Fires split laser above Ray 01. 18% but reaches high.
Down Smash: Cerberus Pod (Illegal Wave Pod from V2 and Arena that evil Doppelganger used [Twin Flank lacked Illegal Variant]): 3 Way Wave pod (Up and sides). 6% with each wave hitting 5 times.
NAIR: Dark Plasma (Illegal Gun that Evil Boss of GX used [the closest I could find to an Illegal Gravity]): Fires 6 shots that do 4.5% each. Slow homing, but lasts for a LONG time. Sadly doesn't Meteor.
FAIR: Rahu III Gun (Illegal Flare Gun from Battle Revolution that Final Boss used): Same as before, but burst shot and spread shots are bigger as well as more damage and homing of smaller shots. 33% burst, 6% individual shots.
BAIR: Hadron Bomb (Illegal Direct Bomb that Evil Boss of Arena used [couldn't find Illegal Version of Straight Bomb and needed to reference Hadron]): Fires 2 bombs. They home at launch like Samus' Missle #3.
UAIR: Kindjal Pod (Illegal Satellite Bomb from Arena): More power and bigger blast.
DAIR: Wolf Spider (Illegal Spider Pod that Sergei uses in Battle Revolution): Faster and Stronger than regular spider.
Throws:
Grab: Viking Axe (Illegal "variation" of Catch Gun and Energy Dagger from GX): Does damage and forces a stun. Otherwise identical to Catch Gun.
Pummel: 2%.
FT: Boronji Gun (Illegal Needle Bomb from V2): 4 lasers of 4%.
UT: Rouga Gun (Illegal Knuckle Gun from V2. Has a wolf theme to it): More power and range than Knuckle Gun.
BT: Gaiou Gun (Illegal Shotgun from GX): Shotgun, but 4 simultaneous hits. 3.5%, 3.5%, 3.5%, 4.5%.
DT: Crystal Strike Gun (Illegal Meteor Storm Gun from Battle Revolution [lacked Illegal version of Drill Gun]): Fires 8 point blank shots of 2% each.
NB1: Wyrm Gun (Illegal Dragon Gun. Was known as Homura Gun beforehand as Homura used it): Fires 5 fast and homing Wyrm heads on ground (5% each) or 1 large, fast, and homing Wyrm head in air (22%).
NB2: X Laser Gun (Illegal Version of V Laser Gun [Sniper lacked an Illegal variant]): Fires two simultaneous shots that split at launch and cross with each other where the opponent is at. Each laser deals 10.5%.
NB3: Minamo Gun (Illegal Rayfall from N64 days): More power, more speed, and more homing. 6 shots as well.
SB1: Deva Bomb (Illegal Titan Bomb used by Doppelganger in V2 and Arena [there was an Illegal Geo Trap known as I Geo Trap in GX, but that was too similar to the regular version]): Fires an extremely slow arcing bomb. Blast radius is huge and deals 40% with extremely large knockback (almost an OHKO).
NB2: Indigo Bomb (Illegal Freeze Bomb in V2 [Big Bad used it] and Arena [Doppelganger had it for 1st fight]): Bigger Radius, more damage, and longer freeze duration.
NB3: Grand Cross Bomb (Illegal Delta Bomb [lacked Illegal Variation of Gemini that warranted use]): Fires 4 bombs. If not aimed, launches 2 in front and 2 behind Ray 01.
UB1: Higher launch and more horizontal movement. Only legal weapon that remained.
UB2: Farther launch. There lacks an illegal Robo Cannon.
UB3: Rising Slide (Illegal Short Tackle that GX super boss used): More distance and 30% with great knockback.
DB1: Circulation W Gunner (Military Grade Round Gunner in GX that AIRS uses): Great range, firing rate, and only a cooldown of 5 seconds with a duration of 10.
DB2: I 4-Way Gunner (Illegal 4-Way Gunner from GX) : More power, faster firing rate, and aims towards opponents. Cooldown of 3 seconds, duration of 16.
DB3: I Seeker Gunner (Illegal Seeker Gunner from GX): More power and shoots in a V. Cooldown of 3 seconds, duration of 17.

[/spoilers]

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. What advanced techniques (ats) does the individual Custom Robo games have? Like the at where you fool the pod into launching in the ground form even though you were in the air. You do it by launching a pod right before landing in Custom Robo Arena as well as the original CR.

I am working on a Ray based project that would be neater if I could implement the ATs.

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. What advanced techniques (ats) does the individual Custom Robo games have? Like the at where you fool the pod into launching in the ground form even though you were in the air. You do it by launching a pod right before landing in Custom Robo Arena as well as the original CR.

I am working on a Ray based project that would be neater if I could implement the ATs.
So!

Concerning Pods, if you hold the c-stick in a certain direction, even if opposite of the direction your robo is moving, the pods will launch in that direction.

Charges are completely invincible, so using them into oncoming projectiles or pods, if quick, will negate any damage.

About all I've got, maybe others have more.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
https://sourcegaming.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/perception-of-smash-dlc-in-japan/

Check this out. Custom Robo is a pretty popular choice for DLC in Japan. It's just behind Paper Mario, Ridley and Crystal.
Nice! It's pretty hard to get in the top 12 out of 40 in a poll like that. In fact, according to that poll, he's the 6th most wanted newcomer for DLC AND the number 1 newcomer from an unrepresented franchise (yowza!!). That's pretty impressive (2.3% outta the entire poll where the highest one [Lucas] got a 7.9%).

Hopefully Nintendo gets a good idea from this poll and decides to put Ray in as DLC.

Unrelated to that, gotta love the support for Mega Man Zero, Isaac, and a Pandora's Tower character. Totally would support MMZ Zero, Isaac, and Aeron as playable characters as well. However, Ray is my #1 priority for a DLC character. If only 1 newcomer character could make it, it'd be Ray.

So!

Concerning Pods, if you hold the c-stick in a certain direction, even if opposite of the direction your robo is moving, the pods will launch in that direction.

Charges are completely invincible, so using them into oncoming projectiles or pods, if quick, will negate any damage.

About all I've got, maybe others have more.
Might be basic knowledge as Harry probably mentioned it at one point in Battle Revolution, but pressing jump and fire simultaneously allows one to fire the air variation of the gun part without having to be in the air. That way, one can prevent themselves from being placed out in the open.

Another "technique" that I can think of is wall bouncing. You can use an air dash towards a wall or the outer "perimeter" and bounce off of it in order to perform an angled air dash while still moving forward. Kinda like an angled corner pocket shot in billiards.

If anyone else has more techs that they know off the top of their head, feel free to respond.

Got a question regarding the invincibility of the charge. I forget what happens when two charges collide. Do they clash out or is there a priority of charges?

Also, another question for everyone on the board. What model of Custom Robo is your favorite (i.e. Shining Fighter, Strike Vanisher, Metal Grappler, Aerial Beauty, Misty Mirage [GX model], Lightning Sky, etc.) and why? Also, what Robo is your personal favorite and why?

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I need to write in this thread more often...
Sooooo I'm finally done with my exams and will be able to proceed to college in two months~
I'll be able to put more effort in promoting Ray and Custom Robo, once I figure up something that I can do, that is.
Nice! It's pretty hard to get in the top 12 out of 40 in a poll like that. In fact, according to that poll, he's the 6th most wanted newcomer for DLC AND the number 1 newcomer from an unrepresented franchise (yowza!!). That's pretty impressive (2.3% outta the entire poll where the highest one [Lucas] got a 7.9%).

Hopefully Nintendo gets a good idea from this poll and decides to put Ray in as DLC.

Unrelated to that, gotta love the support for Mega Man Zero, Isaac, and a Pandora's Tower character. Totally would support MMZ Zero, Isaac, and Aeron as playable characters as well. However, Ray is my #1 priority for a DLC character. If only 1 newcomer character could make it, it'd be Ray.

Might be basic knowledge as Harry probably mentioned it at one point in Battle Revolution, but pressing jump and fire simultaneously allows one to fire the air variation of the gun part without having to be in the air. That way, one can prevent themselves from being placed out in the open.

Another "technique" that I can think of is wall bouncing. You can use an air dash towards a wall or the outer "perimeter" and bounce off of it in order to perform an angled air dash while still moving forward. Kinda like an angled corner pocket shot in billiards.

If anyone else has more techs that they know off the top of their head, feel free to respond.

Got a question regarding the invincibility of the charge. I forget what happens when two charges collide. Do they clash out or is there a priority of charges?

Also, another question for everyone on the board. What model of Custom Robo is your favorite (i.e. Shining Fighter, Strike Vanisher, Metal Grappler, Aerial Beauty, Misty Mirage [GX model], Lightning Sky, etc.) and why? Also, what Robo is your personal favorite and why?
Yeah, that poll was pretty interesting to look at. Though I am curious as to where he got this info in the first place. I guess he just scrambled to pretty much everywhere, probably Twitter and Niconico included.

As for my favorite Robo...I guess its Ray, with Rahu at a close second. His look on the cover was (I think) one of the reasons I got the game, the designs are simply fantastic...He's also the first bot you get in the game, the CR equavilent to the three starters in Pokemon, so there's another reason down. The Smash speculation is actually another reason as to why I like him. While I always liked the Custom Robo franchise, the discussion of Ray in Sm4sh and all this really brought back the memories of my childhood. I don't think I was this engrossed in Custom Robo ever since when I originally got the games. So it's partly thanks to this thread that I rediscovered my love for this franchise.

On a completely unrelated topic...
I've said every now and then this thread should be moved to the Character Discussion forum so it can gather more views, but now I'm thinking we should wait until the Mewtwo release, or until more DLC is actually confirmed(I consider it a given though). I'm starting to feel we missed the timing to move the thread, and should just wait until the next good time comes.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
I always loved the idea of Strike Vanisher, because they're like ninja robots.
But for an individual Robo favourite, it's Ray Mk III because the moment in-game where you upgrade from Ray Mk II to Mk III is so cool. You've got everyone saying you're just so good, you need a more powerful robo to contain all of your awesomeness.

I've said every now and then this thread should be moved to the Character Discussion forum so it can gather more views, but now I'm thinking we should wait until the Mewtwo release, or until more DLC is actually confirmed(I consider it a given though). I'm starting to feel we missed the timing to move the thread, and should just wait until the next good time comes.
Moving the thread to Character Discussion is just good for visibility, but we're over here because speculation had ended and after Mewtwo, we might get an official statement that further DLC won't happen. In that case it's better we stay here so we can continue after that. So basically what I'm saying is, you're right.

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice

Nothing will happen if two charges go through each other. It'll make a "clank" noise and the match continues.

EDIT: As long as your robo is colored red during your charge, you are invincible.

And my fav is probably the Little Raiders. Give them a magnum/shotgun/knuckle gun and go HAM.

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I like the illegal robos. :-)

What do Misty Mirages do? They sound neat.

Also, another AT I know of is for Lightning Sky models. (The ones that fly instead of airdash/jump). In the DS CR game, if you shoot your gun near the end of your flight it will allow you to negate the reload and fire your pods/bomb even though the gun is still firing. Clever trick for the AIRS' gun. (The actual name of said gun is hard to remember)

The acrobat bomb lets you negate gun reload if you slide into the blast too but it is not the same.

Also, thanks to everyone who replied to my question. If you know of other ATs please mention them.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Models-wise, I'd say Lightning Sky models are my favorite. I LOVE the fact that a Lightning Sky can move in the air and fire it's weaponry without any hindrance in momentum. I had to rely on Defender, Seeker, Earth, (an AB), and Ray 01 a TON during the Grand Battle phase of CR:BR (stuck with Ray MK III, 01, Javelin, Tempest, and Illegal Robos for the most part during the Grudge Matches in Arena).

And my favorite Robo of all time HAS to be Ray 01. He's the VERY first Robo I ever played as in the series. Plus, I love his design. Feels like a "serious" Robo protagonist that is quite experienced in the way of battle. Ray Warrior is a close 2nd, but he only appears in Battle Revolution at the very end of the game. Had Warrior returned in Arena, that would've helped improve my opinion of him. Still, 01 would still be my favorite.

I need to write in this thread more often...
Sooooo I'm finally done with my exams and will be able to proceed to college in two months~
I'll be able to put more effort in promoting Ray and Custom Robo, once I figure up something that I can do, that is.

Yeah, that poll was pretty interesting to look at. Though I am curious as to where he got this info in the first place. I guess he just scrambled to pretty much everywhere, probably Twitter and Niconico included.

As for my favorite Robo...I guess its Ray, with Rahu at a close second. His look on the cover was (I think) one of the reasons I got the game, the designs are simply fantastic...He's also the first bot you get in the game, the CR equivalent to the three starters in Pokemon, so there's another reason down. The Smash speculation is actually another reason as to why I like him. While I always liked the Custom Robo franchise, the discussion of Ray in Sm4sh and all this really brought back the memories of my childhood. I don't think I was this engrossed in Custom Robo ever since when I originally got the games. So it's partly thanks to this thread that I rediscovered my love for this franchise.

Congrats on graduating High School man! I remember when I did that like it was yesterday (it was in June of 2013). You'll definitely like college. I've made some lifelong friends at my place.

I gotta put up some more effort as well. Haven't been very active as of late due to work. I should do more during the weekend though.

I'd imagine that there was a poll held on a Japanese website like Niconico, but I'd have to look it up. Still, seeing that poll gave me good spirits.

Ray and Rahu are both in my top 10 Robos. Both are fun to play as and are well designed in my book.

This thread really helped reinvigorate my love for the franchise. Don't get me wrong, I loved the franchise when I was a kid. But this thread and the idea of Ray in Smash really makes me feel excited again! :)

Regarding moving this thread, I agree with ToastyPyre on this. Probably best to move this thread once Mewtwo is released. The fact that more DLC will exist is pretty much given IMHO, but it's probably best to see what happens. But I agree with you too. We SHOULD move it eventually, but not right now. March would be a good time though.

I always loved the idea of Strike Vanisher, because they're like ninja robots.
But for an individual Robo favourite, it's Ray Mk III because the moment in-game where you upgrade from Ray Mk II to Mk III is so cool. You've got everyone saying you're just so good, you need a more powerful robo to contain all of your awesomeness.

Moving the thread to Character Discussion is just good for visibility, but we're over here because speculation had ended and after Mewtwo, we might get an official statement that further DLC won't happen. In that case it's better we stay here so we can continue after that. So basically what I'm saying is, you're right.
I LOVE Strike Vanishers as well. They are tied with Shining Fighters as my 2nd favorite class (LS is still my favorite). I love ninjas and I love robos, so mixing the 2 of them is a brilliant idea in my book. :)

MK III is another of my favorites. I think I played as him for a huge majority of my 1st playthrough of Arena. I also loved that Cutscene at the beginning as well. I don't know why they made MK III's stats worse than II's stats though. Shouldn't an upgrade have better stats? Also loved the fact that he was in Brawl (wished he was playable though).

Nothing will happen if two charges go through each other. It'll make a "clank" noise and the match continues.

EDIT: As long as your robo is colored red during your charge, you are invincible.

And my fav is probably the Little Raiders. Give them a magnum/shotgun/knuckle gun and go HAM.
Ah. That makes sense. I now remember certain scenarios where that happened. That's probably why Javelin doesn't turn red during his charge attack.

I suck playing as Little Raiders (like how I suck at playing as light characters in Smash [always love playing as heavies and mediums {I'm a Ganondorf main through and through}]). They ARE really good when played correctly though. Those close range guns are fun to use though.

I like the illegal robos. :-)

What do Misty Mirages do? They sound neat.

Also, another AT I know of is for Lightning Sky models. (The ones that fly instead of airdash/jump). In the DS CR game, if you shoot your gun near the end of your flight it will allow you to negate the reload and fire your pods/bomb even though the gun is still firing. Clever trick for the AIRS' gun. (The actual name of said gun is hard to remember)

The acrobat bomb lets you negate gun reload if you slide into the blast too but it is not the same.

Also, thanks to everyone who replied to my question. If you know of other ATs please mention them.
Illegal and Military Grade Robos are ALWAYS fun to play as in my book (especially Katana, Ray Warrior, Hadron, Rahu, AIRS, and Ray II Dark).

Misty Mirage robos are robos exclusive to GX. There are 5 of them total. They are Crossbone, Deadface, Demonblaze (Illegal version of Deadface), Masakado, and Yo****sune. Basically they are very similar to what the child of a Strike Vanisher and a Lightning Sky would be. Instead of Air Dashes, Misty Mirages turn invisible and move continuously. They can also move through walls. However, they can only fire guns during this state. They never returned probably due to their air dash.

Huh, didn't know that about negating reload speed. Must be related to how shots are different between the air and the ground. Gotta incorporate that now.

If I find more tricks, I'll let you guys know.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
What loadout do you guys use for your robos usually? Any parts you prefer?

I use this in Arena.

Ray mkII or Ray 01
Gravity Gun
Whatever bomb for the situation
Amun Pod(My opinion, best pod in game)
Phantom Legs (I think they are the best legs)

Just curious. Post the loadout you use for any CR game you want.

Also, @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This

Ray mkIII has one stat that is better than Ray mkII. The hidden power stat. Power affects the amount of damage your parts give. But everything else is inferior or equal to Ray mkII.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
What loadout do you guys use for your robos usually? Any parts you prefer?

I use this in Arena.

Ray mkII or Ray 01
Gravity Gun
Whatever bomb for the situation
Amun Pod(My opinion, best pod in game)
Phantom Legs (I think they are the best legs)

Just curious. Post the loadout you use for any CR game you want.

Also, @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This

Ray mkIII has one stat that is better than Ray mkII. The hidden power stat. Power affects the amount of damage your parts give. But everything else is inferior or equal to Ray mkII.
I believe I use the following (has been a while due to work:

CR:BR

Shining Fighter:
Ray 01 or Warrior
Vertical or Wyrm
Geo Trap or Treble
Spider G or Wolf Spider
Formula/Long Thrust or Ultimate

Lightning Sky:
Defender/Rahu III
Afterburner or Rahu III (was the Rahu gun series called Ragnarok in Japan or is Flare the USA version of Ragnarok?)
Submarine D or Grand Cross
Wall or Penumbra III
Long Thrust or Ultimate

Just realized that I use the final boss' set in one set.

CR:A

Shining Fighter:
Ray 01, X-Ray, Ray, or Ray II Dark
Drill (I believe) or Laser Ripple
Direct/Geo Trap or Hadron/Deva
Reflection or ARS-P07
Formula/Long Thrust or Phantom

Lightning Sky:
Tempest or AIRS
Afterburner or ARS-G04
Submarine D or Hadron
Wall Pod or ARS-P07
Long Thrust or ARS-L13

Forgot about that Attack Stat. Do you know the multipliers for MK II and MK III?

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
No I do not. But it is easy to see the difference. Use test fire in garage and shoot the dummy with both Ray 2 and 3. Make sure you use the same gun for both of them.

Rahu III was the hardest boss I ever fought in a game. Does Rahu III suffer from knockback and down when you are playing as him?

Hong

The Strongest
I've only played the one for GC, but I love Aerial Beauty models. Want a quick gun for manoeuvrability, like Needle, and some leg parts to help you dodge like Wide Jump. Pods and bombs varies; Aerial Beauty can basically land hits in any match up, so I like defensive options. I like stationary pods for Strike Vanishers and stuff since they can be hard to pin down at times.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
No I do not. But it is easy to see the difference. Use test fire in garage and shoot the dummy with both Ray 2 and 3. Make sure you use the same gun for both of them.

Rahu III was the hardest boss I ever fought in a game. Does Rahu III suffer from knockback and down when you are playing as him?
Ah. Makes sense. I gotta try it out when I get the chance.

Regarding Rahu III, he does suffer from Flinch and Knockdown, but it's almost non-existent. In fact, he rebirths pretty much as soon as he gets knocked down.

I've only played the one for GC, but I love Aerial Beauty models. Want a quick gun for manoeuvrability, like Needle, and some leg parts to help you dodge like Wide Jump. Pods and bombs varies; Aerial Beauty can basically land hits in any match up, so I like defensive options. I like stationary pods for Strike Vanishers and stuff since they can be hard to pin down at times.
Aerial Beauties are my 4th favorite robos. They really helped me out during the Post Game scenario with the Dragon Gun (mainly for the homing and damage). Spider Pods are always fun to use IMHO. I forget the bomb part I used in that set-up.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, hope you’re having a good day.
So, you may have noticed already, but I am now owner of the front post. @ gameb0ybryan gameb0ybryan is really busy at the moment so he has kindly granted me temporary ownership. A big thank you to @ Hong Hong for sorting that out and just generally being helpful with the thread.
You may also have noticed that I’ve edited the front post quite heavily. I tried to make it both informative and interesting to look at.

Since this thread is a group effort, if any of you have suggestions on things that should be added, removed, or changed about the front post, tell me and I’ll happily edit it. I’d appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for being an awesome community for something I care about. I hope I can do you guys proud as thread owner.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hey everyone, hope you’re having a good day.
So, you may have noticed already, but I am now owner of the front post. @ gameb0ybryan gameb0ybryan is really busy at the moment so he has kindly granted me temporary ownership. A big thank you to @ Hong Hong for sorting that out and just generally being helpful with the thread.
You may also have noticed that I’ve edited the front post quite heavily. I tried to make it both informative and interesting to look at.

Since this thread is a group effort, if any of you have suggestions on things that should be added, removed, or changed about the front post, tell me and I’ll happily edit it. I’d appreciate any feedback.

Thanks for being an awesome community for something I care about. I hope I can do you guys proud as thread owner.
Holy smokes! That 1st post is REALLY well organized! It's VERY informative and gets right to the point! I REALLY love it! :)

I do have some suggestions and notes for the front page, but not all are necessary.

1) Maybe we should have a spoiler box for supporters. I remember several other "Z for Smash" pages having this on the bottom. Not necessary, but it kinda is a decent psychological thing.
2) Not really a suggestion, but a word of thanks. Thanks for mentioning those movesets that were created! I honestly wasn't expecting that at all. But seriously, thanks man! :)
3) Probably extra information that ain't necessary, but it pertains to Ray Sky. In GX, he's actually a modified X-Ray. In the game, after a botched attempt to infiltrate and arrest Nikaidou (the big bad of this game [kinda like Scythe in Arena]) because of Marv messing things up like usual, the hero and his team get captured and sent to an underground lair. X-Ray was confiscated by the Nikaidou group and their researchers basically played Frankenstein with it. Thus, Ray Sky was born. I think that Ray Sky also appeared in the pre-titlescreen intro when turning on the game. X-Ray is still the main "mascot" of GX, but Ray Sky is easily the 2nd most important robo in the game. Tiny bit of unecessary trivia, but it's kinda cool anyways.
4) Also related to Ray Sky. If I recall correctly, there were 2 other color variations of Ray Sky. They were purple/white and red IIRC. While the Robo Pedia says that each region gets a different color, an FAQ and several images that I saw show that the red and purple ones only exist in the Japanese version. Basically, the blue one gives +5% in attack power when compared to MK III (the others have -5% when compared to MK III), the red one has +1 in defense, and the purple one has +1 in speed. They are Power, Armor, and Speed, respectively.
5) Maybe add A.I.R.S. in Ray Sky's section. Basically he's the military grade version of Ray Sky (even though RS was made in Nikaidou's labs). Was temporarily given to the hero in order to defeat Dark Chimera (the Hadron/Rahu of GX). Had to return it but he could be obtained again postgame. Also re-appeared in Arena as a post-game reward.
6) This hasn't really been proven yet, but would Ray Warrior essentially be the upgraded version of Ray 01? I always considered that to be the case because of all of the similarities between the two robos (the charge is almost the same as well), but nothing was proven about that QUITE yet because of how late in the game it appears. Maybe group him with Ray 01 so the 6 grouping boxes are Ray, Ray MK II, X-Ray, Ray Sky, Ray 01, and Ray MK III. Once again, not really necessary and would fall under fan theory TBH.
7) Maybe quickly mention how they appeared in Smash Bros already in each of the robos' spoiler boxes to show how much of an influence Custom Robo has had on Smash so far? Of the top of my head I can say that Ray MK III appears in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, Trophy, and Sticker, Ray 01 is a Sticker in Brawl, A.I.R.S. is a Trophy (with Jameson) in Brawl, MK II is a Trophy in Melee, and Original Ray is a Sticker in Brawl. Besides the Rays, there's Annie from V2 as a Trophy in Melee and a Sticker in Brawl, Bayonette as a Melee Trophy, Jameson (with A.I.R.S.) As a Brawl Trophy, an assortment of Robos as a Brawl Trophy, Rakensen as a Sticker, the Robo Cube as a Sticker, and Seal Head as a Sticker. On a side note, I'm miffed that there wasn't a single Custom Robo reference in Smash 4 (love the game the most so far in the series, but wished some more things from the pre-Brawl era of Nintendo appeared in Smash 4 [i.e. CR stuff, Mecha MG stuff, Golden Sun stuff [glad there was a 2nd song added though], etc.).
8) Did you make the pictures? They look BEAUTIFUL (I especially like the one that mimics Mega Legends)! Don't change them one bit!
9) The timeline is spot on and really does help with organization a LOT. Ingenious!

That's all that I can think of. Not all (or any for that matter) are necessary, but those were some things I thought of. The front post already looks amazing! Thank you for you dedication man!:)

I really want to thank you for your continued support on this product! I think you will do very well with managing the ownership of this page. I know already you'd do a WAY better job than me at handling that.

Anyways, let's keep this page running for a LONG time! :)

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Holy smokes! That 1st post is REALLY well organized! It's VERY informative and gets right to the point! I REALLY love it! :)

I do have some suggestions and notes for the front page, but not all are necessary.

1) Maybe we should have a spoiler box for supporters. I remember several other "Z for Smash" pages having this on the bottom. Not necessary, but it kinda is a decent psychological thing.
2) Not really a suggestion, but a word of thanks. Thanks for mentioning those movesets that were created! I honestly wasn't expecting that at all. But seriously, thanks man! :)
3) Probably extra information that ain't necessary, but it pertains to Ray Sky. In GX, he's actually a modified X-Ray. In the game, after a botched attempt to infiltrate and arrest Nikaidou (the big bad of this game [kinda like Scythe in Arena]) because of Marv messing things up like usual, the hero and his team get captured and sent to an underground lair. X-Ray was confiscated by the Nikaidou group and their researchers basically played Frankenstein with it. Thus, Ray Sky was born. I think that Ray Sky also appeared in the pre-titlescreen intro when turning on the game. X-Ray is still the main "mascot" of GX, but Ray Sky is easily the 2nd most important robo in the game. Tiny bit of unecessary trivia, but it's kinda cool anyways.
4) Also related to Ray Sky. If I recall correctly, there were 2 other color variations of Ray Sky. They were purple/white and red IIRC. While the Robo Pedia says that each region gets a different color, an FAQ and several images that I saw show that the red and purple ones only exist in the Japanese version. Basically, the blue one gives +5% in attack power when compared to MK III (the others have -5% when compared to MK III), the red one has +1 in defense, and the purple one has +1 in speed. They are Power, Armor, and Speed, respectively.
5) Maybe add A.I.R.S. in Ray Sky's section. Basically he's the military grade version of Ray Sky (even though RS was made in Nikaidou's labs). Was temporarily given to the hero in order to defeat Dark Chimera (the Hadron/Rahu of GX). Had to return it but he could be obtained again postgame. Also re-appeared in Arena as a post-game reward.
6) This hasn't really been proven yet, but would Ray Warrior essentially be the upgraded version of Ray 01? I always considered that to be the case because of all of the similarities between the two robos (the charge is almost the same as well), but nothing was proven about that QUITE yet because of how late in the game it appears. Maybe group him with Ray 01 so the 6 grouping boxes are Ray, Ray MK II, X-Ray, Ray Sky, Ray 01, and Ray MK III. Once again, not really necessary and would fall under fan theory TBH.
7) Maybe quickly mention how they appeared in Smash Bros already in each of the robos' spoiler boxes to show how much of an influence Custom Robo has had on Smash so far? Of the top of my head I can say that Ray MK III appears in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, Trophy, and Sticker, Ray 01 is a Sticker in Brawl, A.I.R.S. is a Trophy (with Jameson) in Brawl, MK II is a Trophy in Melee, and Original Ray is a Sticker in Brawl. Besides the Rays, there's Annie from V2 as a Trophy in Melee and a Sticker in Brawl, Bayonette as a Melee Trophy, Jameson (with A.I.R.S.) As a Brawl Trophy, an assortment of Robos as a Brawl Trophy, Rakensen as a Sticker, the Robo Cube as a Sticker, and Seal Head as a Sticker. On a side note, I'm miffed that there wasn't a single Custom Robo reference in Smash 4 (love the game the most so far in the series, but wished some more things from the pre-Brawl era of Nintendo appeared in Smash 4 [i.e. CR stuff, Mecha MG stuff, Golden Sun stuff [glad there was a 2nd song added though], etc.).
8) Did you make the pictures? They look BEAUTIFUL (I especially like the one that mimics Mega Legends)! Don't change them one bit!
9) The timeline is spot on and really does help with organization a LOT. Ingenious!

That's all that I can think of. Not all (or any for that matter) are necessary, but those were some things I thought of. The front post already looks amazing! Thank you for you dedication man!:)

I really want to thank you for your continued support on this product! I think you will do very well with managing the ownership of this page. I know already you'd do a WAY better job than me at handling that.

Anyways, let's keep this page running for a LONG time! :)
Thanks for all the suggestions, it's great to hear feedback.
I've changed the organisation and descriptions of the Ray models with the your info, including adding AIRS and putting Ray Warrior with Ray 01. It's great that you know so much about Custom Robo GX, can I ask how you came by this info? It seems you've played the game.

The supporters list and Smash bros significance sections are excellent ideas, so I'm going to start working on them now. The Supporters list will be a spoiler box but I'm thinking of making the Smash bros section a full part like the timeline.
In terms of the pictures, I made some of them. The megaman one has a full scale version on my DA page.
Also, of course I added those move-sets! Your's is perhaps the most detailed, amazing one I've ever seen.

Again, thanks for the suggestions, interesting info and kind words.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Thanks for all the suggestions, it's great to hear feedback.
I've changed the organisation and descriptions of the Ray models with the your info, including adding AIRS and putting Ray Warrior with Ray 01. It's great that you know so much about Custom Robo GX, can I ask how you came by this info? It seems you've played the game.

The supporters list and Smash bros significance sections are excellent ideas, so I'm going to start working on them now. The Supporters list will be a spoiler box but I'm thinking of making the Smash bros section a full part like the timeline.
In terms of the pictures, I made some of them. The megaman one has a full scale version on my DA page.
Also, of course I added those move-sets! Your's is perhaps the most detailed, amazing one I've ever seen.

Again, thanks for the suggestions, interesting info and kind words.
To be honest about the GX stuff, I haven't played it (YET). However, I did watch a playthrough of it while reading an in depth FAQ in order to translate the Japanese. It's the most different game in the entire series due to several reasons (2D plane, everything is seen from a 1st person POV for traversing through the real world, action chip instead of charge and legs, gunners added as a type of shot, alpha and beta shots, the possibility of using a forcefield, etc.). Kinda wished it came to the states. Nintendo Power indicated that it would at one point, but then Battle Revolution came. Cool trivia point: if you can next GX to BR via the GBA link cable, you can get extra parts for GX that are very hard to obtain (requires multiplayer matches IIRC) and the ability to fight the superboss Rising Chimera (an improved version of Dark Chimera, the main "evil" robo). I don't believe you get anything in BR for doing this and I think it's just in the Japanese version of BR.

Thanks for being awesome man!

Edit: This is PROBABLY an oversight, but in your Ray Sky section, you mentioned that the recolor are recolor of A.I.R.S. They are actually recolors of Ray Sky. Everything else looks great IMHO. I agree with your idea about doing a timeline for Smash stuff. Thanks for the complement as well! Kept me busy on the train for several days. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom