• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
So I just got back (thankfully without any spoilers whatsoever) and...wow. I don't know what to think. Poor Ridley...

So uh, Ray.
One good thing is that Ray was not shown whatsoever, meaning it keeps him in the running. (Though this also could be a bad thing, since it means that we could be kept waiting only to be revealed as a WiiU only AT, similiar to how Ridley was killed off rather violently)
However, a bad side to this is that no ATs were shown at all, despite Sakurai saying that there would be different ATs to each game. Thus, it could just be that the missing 7 ATs are for some unknown reason kept only for WiiU. Which would be pretty weird, since 5 out of the 7 had quite the relationship to portables.
But I still think that his mysterious absence is a fairly good sign if anything. Sure Mewtwo was confirmed when he had a trophy, so that might hurt a bit...But it's still interesting.
It looks like our ride will carry on to the WiiU release. Hope everyone's still around even then.

P.S. The character discussion forum seems to be reopened. What the heck should we do, remake this thread into a Ray support thread once again, or just make a new one?

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Custom Robo (along with Golden Sun) are in a very unique position. They are a seemingly important part of Nintendo history, especially the handheld industry, but have not been seen at all.
There are 2 things in the direct that worry me:
-Smash 3DS having trophies that represent handheld games (yet no Custom Robo)
-Mewtwo being referred to as incomplete (showing that even adding one character is time consuming). As well as his addition even after his trophy was shown.

The first point doesn't show anything, but the second is far more worrying. If it truly takes a long time to make one character the amount of DLC characters is probably small if any. Also, Mewtwo having a trophy in 3ds yet being a character reveals that not having a trophy in 3DS is not really a point for inclusion.

However, I do believe that Custom Robo being unrepresented is unlikely.
So my conclusion is Sakurai, as usual, is misdirecting as much a possible and therefore nothing is certain.
I think that a point for Ray's inclusion is definitely how little we've seen of him, but even that I'm now unsure of.

Maybe he's in, maybe he isn't, but I still have a lot of hope for his inclusion. Just because nothing for, or against him has been shown.
Didn't PMDT/BR take like 700 Hours in order to recreate Mewtwo in that Project M mod while Roy was much shorter overall? I personally think the reason why Mewtwo takes a while is because of his huge tail and the fact that he uses telekinesis for some of his attacks and item usages, which results in them taking a while to make proper animations (I mean, Up Throw has the opponent revolve around Mewtwo as they fly up. That's hard to do IMHO). Granted, I don't think characters can be created in a snap. However, I think more humanoid characters are easier to make than characters who have oddities to their animations like jerky tail movements (i.e. Mewtwo). Still, I think that we won't be receiving a new DLC character until after Mewtwo is completed. Summer 2015 is likely the earliest we'll get character DLC.

Plus, I think Nintendo was like "OK Sakurai, we need to get the game out before Christmas so we can sell tons of Wii U's during the winter!"

Either that or they have something else planned for Spring 2015.

Regarding the whole no Custom Robo trophy thing, I think they chose to not have a trophy because Custom Robo is mostly a console series (3 console games vs. 2 handheld titles). I'm sure we'll see something in the Wii U version related to Custom Robo.

So I just got back (thankfully without any spoilers whatsoever) and...wow. I don't know what to think. Poor Ridley...

So uh, Ray.
One good thing is that Ray was not shown whatsoever, meaning it keeps him in the running. (Though this also could be a bad thing, since it means that we could be kept waiting only to be revealed as a WiiU only AT, similiar to how Ridley was killed off rather violently)
However, a bad side to this is that no ATs were shown at all, despite Sakurai saying that there would be different ATs to each game. Thus, it could just be that the missing 7 ATs are for some unknown reason kept only for WiiU. Which would be pretty weird, since 5 out of the 7 had quite the relationship to portables.
But I still think that his mysterious absence is a fairly good sign if anything. Sure Mewtwo was confirmed when he had a trophy, so that might hurt a bit...But it's still interesting.
It looks like our ride will carry on to the WiiU release. Hope everyone's still around even then.

P.S. The character discussion forum seems to be reopened. What the heck should we do, remake this thread into a Ray support thread once again, or just make a new one?
I'd say make this thread a dual purpose thread, but I can join the new thread if a new one is made. I mean, if DLC is a thing now, we can basically try to campaign again to get a spot for Ray.

That being said, I'm down for anything.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Considering we all still want Ray as DLC in Smash, and being in the character speculation thread gives us more visibility, it would be nice to go back. However that's a decision for Moderators and gameboybryan.
As The One Who Wrote This said, dual purpose is probably the way to go.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Considering we all still want Ray as DLC in Smash, and being in the character speculation thread gives us more visibility, it would be nice to go back. However that's a decision for Moderators and gameboybryan.
As The One Who Wrote This said, dual purpose is probably the way to go.
I'm strongly considering it, as we would definitely get more visibility. The only thing is, if we do go back, we have to make sure this thread stays active with discussion and conversation.

And also, I can't seem to catch a break. Our kickstarter may be on hold, although I was desperately trying to get it out of the way before the new Smash Game drops.

http://i.imgur.com/FdnYYNB.jpg

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I honestly hope Ray makes his way into Smash one way or another. It is pretty sad to see a series as greatly represented in Smash as Custom Robo, not get a character after all this time.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
At this point in time, I personally believe that Ray is VERY likely as DLC. I mean, no mention of Custom Robo has been made by Nintendo to this point (and unlike certain franchises like Startropics, Custom Robo had decent prevalence in Melee and Brawl [though seeing some more Startropics would be nice]). Plus, the Mewtwo bonus character is proof that DLC is possible. Sooooo, I think Ray is going to receive some VERY nice treatment this time around.

I'm strongly considering it, as we would definitely get more visibility. The only thing is, if we do go back, we have to make sure this thread stays active with discussion and conversation.

And also, I can't seem to catch a break. Our kickstarter may be on hold, although I was desperately trying to get it out of the way before the new Smash Game drops.

http://i.imgur.com/FdnYYNB.jpg
Oh yeah! We DEFINITELY need to keep this active if we decide to go the dual purpose thread route. I'll keep on adding to the discussion for the sake of the series and us.

And sorry to hear about Amazon acting unfair. I don't know why they are doing that to you. Someone with common sense would know that what you are doing is not suspicious at all.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
At this point in time, I personally believe that Ray is VERY likely as DLC. I mean, no mention of Custom Robo has been made by Nintendo to this point (and unlike certain franchises like Startropics, Custom Robo had decent prevalence in Melee and Brawl [though seeing some more Startropics would be nice]). Plus, the Mewtwo bonus character is proof that DLC is possible. Sooooo, I think Ray is going to receive some VERY nice treatment this time around.
I would love to believe this. But the series hasn't been relevant for 7 years or so now. It makes me incredibly worried what the fate of it will be.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
I would love to believe this. But the series hasn't been relevant for 7 years or so now. It makes me incredibly worried what the fate of it will be.
Maybe Sakurai will pull a Kid Icarus on us. Custom Robo: Uprising on the way.

In all seriousness though, I agree. However with Sakurai it's impossible to say. I would be interested to know what the Custom Robo fanbase is like in Japan with the 5 games that were released there. In terms of its relevance, the creator company (NOISE) is still active and the creator a few years ago mentioned how he still hears of the series sometimes, so at least it's not forgotten. It is definitely not relevant though, unfortunately.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I am probably very overconfident about this. Wasn't Brawl the most recent game to include a Custom Robo reference (came out in 2008 while CR:A was in 2007)? If that's the case, then yeah, he doesn't have much going for him in the relevance department. Most of the newcomers were characters that had a recent game. The only exception to this is Duck Hunt IIRC. His most recent game (barring the WarioWare titles and that Tetris DS game where one of the puzzles yielded his sprite) was Barker Bill's Trick Shooting in 1990 (was for the NES and used the Zapper as well).

Still, Ray's chances are low in respect to others like K. Rool, Isaac, and the other more well known requests at this time. I am also worried about Ray (and the series getting proper representation in Smash and the gaming world in general [really wished a 6th game would be made soon]).

Relevance REALLY helps in the character department. K Rool didn't appear in a new non-Smash Bros game after Mario Super Sluggers (2008) and you always hear about how people want him to be playable. Krystal's most recent game was Star Fox: Command (a 2006 Nintendo DS game) and people still talk about how she should be a playable character in Smash Bros (granted, a new Star Fox game is being made right now). One thing in common between these two requests is that both characters are frequently talked about and pushed for whenever the idea of "newcomers" is discussed. If we get more people to know about the series and talk about it more often, then I think Ray's relevancy will be improved. Having a new game in the Custom Robo series would DEFINITELY help improve Ray's chances, however.

Still, chances are low for Ray still realistically speaking at this point in time. A revival of the series would REALLY help.

Hukster

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hukster
If only I saw this earlier. Gosh do I love the Custom Robo series. Really fun games!

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hey guys. I put some Albums you may be interested in on https://www.reddit.com/r/customrobo.
A few months ago I added some things to Robopedia, but the pedia format was a bit difficult for me to add everything.
Thanks mate! I'll try to add the photos to the Robopedia when I get some free time. Got class right now (Econ + Physics + Math + ECE). Once I get more time, I'll add them to the page. Let me know if you manage to get any more photos regarding ANYTHING (including stuff from CR1, V2, and GX).

If only I saw this earlier. Gosh do I love the Custom Robo series. Really fun games!
It's never too late mate! :) Welcome to the group! Feel free to help any way you can!

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to the Syndicate. If you want to discuss or just share your thoughts on Custom Robo, all is cool here.

Thanks mate! I'll try to add the photos to the Robopedia when I get some free time. Got class right now (Econ + Physics + Math + ECE). Once I get more time, I'll add them to the page. Let me know if you manage to get any more photos regarding ANYTHING (including stuff from CR1, V2, and GX).
If you know how to add to Robopedia, thanks! I'm lucky enough to have finished school now, but I understand how time consuming that stuff can be, so whenever you have free time. I've also added the Holosseums from GC and Arena to Reddit.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
So, some information has been leaked.

...Any sign of Ray yet?
What info has been leaked?
Flatzone 2, Kongo Jungle 64, several events, Special Orders' specifics (showed some playthroughs), and some music (METAL BATTLE MELEE IS BACK!!!!). Beanman got :4greninja:'d by Nintendo reps though as he had his stuff taken down from YouTube. There are other YouTube channels with info about the game, but they are playing it safe by only showing off stuff we know already (barring the default music list [that's A-OK to show off]). Beanman was the major offender though when it came down to the embargo issue (though some MIGHT say [RUMOR: DON'T TAKE THIS AS FACT UNLESS IF YOU FIND A REPUTABLE SOURCE] he got the game via other means).

Nothing about Assist Trophies, so Ray's still in the clear as possible DLC unless if he's shown off as an AT on the 21st by a site like GameXplain.

I think the Golden Sun Song from Brawl still plays on Norfair, so I think that if Isaac's playable, he won't have his own stage (unless a patch to move the music from Norfair to a GS stage is placed into the game or that that song is the only one that overlaps).

Also, no version exclusive characters as well, so that Tower of Smash leak STILL is inaccurate (not that it wasn't after the 50 Fact Extravaganza).

Oh, and unrelated, but I'll update the Robopedia ASAP. Had a HUGE test today in Physics, so I didn't get a chance to have a sizable break until now.

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
I'll update the Robopedia ASAP. Had a HUGE test today in Physics, so I didn't get a chance to have a sizable break until now.
Don't be too concerned about Robopedia if you've got tests. Robopedia has been pretty much the same for awhile, so it's not urgent, but thanks for taking the time and effort to help out. It's really cool of you.

Also, I want to ask if everyone is okay with me flooding the Subreddit with stuff? I'm worried that I'm annoying people with all the posts. I want to post some CR related videos (like the old ads) but if any of you want to post it instead It'd probably be better received.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I really want Ray as dlc. He was my most wanted since brawl speculation, and now he might have a chance since there's no sign of his assist trophy. It would seem like a really odd choice to scrap it, along with Isaac. It's very suspicious. If he's not a wii u exclusive assist (which I doubt because there are a lot of less important assists that are in both) I think he's a strong candidate for dlc. I'd love a stage, some music, and maybe a Rahu or Hadron assist trophy too, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe It'll get announced along with Custom Robo for Wii U with online multiplayer. That would be incredible.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Does anybody know any youtubers who'd be interested in voicing over our video? I contacted RelaxAlax but he said no. I was thinking about asking that one black guy with the awesome fro to help but I don'tremember his name. I wanted to ask here first before I do anything.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Does anybody know any youtubers who'd be interested in voicing over our video? I contacted RelaxAlax but he said no. I was thinking about asking that one black guy with the awesome fro to help but I don'tremember his name. I wanted to ask here first before I do anything.
I don't know of any Youtubers to be honest. Sorry.

Also, I am not that good of a vocal performer. I bet your friend would be pretty nice though!

I really want Ray as dlc. He was my most wanted since brawl speculation, and now he might have a chance since there's no sign of his assist trophy. It would seem like a really odd choice to scrap it, along with Isaac. It's very suspicious. If he's not a wii u exclusive assist (which I doubt because there are a lot of less important assists that are in both) I think he's a strong candidate for dlc. I'd love a stage, some music, and maybe a Rahu or Hadron assist trophy too, but I'll take what I can get. Maybe It'll get announced along with Custom Robo for Wii U with online multiplayer. That would be incredible.
Welcome to the clan mate!

A stage would be very interesting to be honest!

Don't be too concerned about Robopedia if you've got tests. Robopedia has been pretty much the same for awhile, so it's not urgent, but thanks for taking the time and effort to help out. It's really cool of you.

Also, I want to ask if everyone is okay with me flooding the Subreddit with stuff? I'm worried that I'm annoying people with all the posts. I want to post some CR related videos (like the old ads) but if any of you want to post it instead It'd probably be better received.
I have a little bit of free time today, so I can try to get some things updated!

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Xander Mobus...

but seriously,I don't know any youtubers who would do it. Try searching for Custom Robo Lets plays, there are a few of those.

Also, how can it be a Rebirth, if Robo's aren't born? #deep

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Holy Smokes guys!

Andre from GameXplain mentioned that he hasn't really found any difference between the Assist Trophy line-up between the two versions (although he also said that he didn't go through extensive comparisons between the two versions). This COULD mean something for us if he is correct. Around 20:30 in this:

But if he's correct, oooooooooh boy! This could be good for us! :)

Also, unrelated, but a Golden Sun: Dark Dawn song (the overworld theme I believe) was found as a song for Palutena's Temple. Dunno if that affects Isaac's chances of getting in as the Brawl Remix of the Doom Dragon and Felix battle themes is still on Norfair (it could simply mean that there will not be a Golden Sun stage, which is entirely possible as R.O.B. lacks a Gyromite stage [though Wrecking Crew kinda acts as his home turf this time around]).

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Looks like we are out of luck. :/ I'm sorry everyone.
Out of luck for what? Is it the whole "Sakurai has no DLC planned thing"? If that's the case, don't worry. MK8's DLC was not worked on and discussed until after the game was made (according to an article I read).

Let's not lose hope!

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Out of luck for what? Is it the whole "Sakurai has no DLC planned thing"? If that's the case, don't worry. MK8's DLC was not worked on and discussed until after the game was made (according to an article I read).

Let's not lose hope!
You're right. Besides, a ray of light just shone in on our little campaign. Let's hope it lingers for a bit. Positivity mode: Activated.
More on that once I have concrete details, not trying to raise anyone's hopes but we may have a special well-known guest on our video.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
You're right. Besides, a ray of light just shone in on our little campaign. Let's hope it lingers for a bit. Positivity mode: Activated.
More on that once I have concrete details, not trying to raise anyone's hopes but we may have a special well-known guest on our video.
...Oh, so it wasn't a AT status confirmation? Just us in the negative mood? Good to hear, I was in the gloom after seeing your comment for some time, you could have clarified:p
But seriously, are there NO WiiU exclusive assists? I can understand Helirin or Jill going since they are obscure(good games tho), but Barbara is from a very popular franchise and Excitebike is a classic. Both should remain as Assists. If those two are gone as well as Issac & Ray, I don't know what to make of this.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
That's the spirit! :D You know how Sakurai likes to trick us into thinking one thing and then having the opposite be true (like Bowser Jr's trailer being the final trailer of that 50 question extravaganza, saying that Villager cannot have a workable moveset and then having the Villager be the 1st newcomer in the next game, etc.).

That being said, ANYTHING can happen at this point.

Looking forward to the video mate! :)

...Oh, so it wasn't a AT status confirmation? Just us in the negative mood? Good to hear, I was in the gloom after seeing your comment for some time, you could have clarified:p
But seriously, are there NO WiiU exclusive assists? I can understand Helirin or Jill going since they are obscure(good games tho), but Barbara is from a very popular franchise and Excitebike is a classic. Both should remain as Assists. If those two are gone as well as Issac & Ray, I don't know what to make of this.
The lack of Barbara, Excitebiker, Isaac, and Ray really make me think that something is up with these characters. It's kinda peculiar actually. Are there any differences in Pokeballs as well or are they shared between the two versions as well? Could've sworn that Sakurai said that the Wii U version had more and that the ATs will be influential to All Star mode somehow. Mistranslation?

Anyways, I think there's something afoot. I've got this sinking feeling.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That's the spirit! :D You know how Sakurai likes to trick us into thinking one thing and then having the opposite be true (like Bowser Jr's trailer being the final trailer of that 50 question extravaganza, saying that Villager cannot have a workable moveset and then having the Villager be the 1st newcomer in the next game, etc.).

That being said, ANYTHING can happen at this point.

Looking forward to the video mate! :)

The lack of Barbara, Excitebiker, Isaac, and Ray really make me think that something is up with these characters. It's kinda peculiar actually. Are there any differences in Pokeballs as well or are they shared between the two versions as well? Could've sworn that Sakurai said that the Wii U version had more and that the ATs will be influential to All Star mode somehow. Mistranslation?

Anyways, I think there's something afoot. I've got this sinking feeling.
You know, the absence of these ATs has me a little suspcious as well. I've been wondering if on just some small chance....could they be..................DLCs?! Considering it's these guys who are notably absent, I personally think it's more than plausible. I can see them all be playable at some point as DLC. Also, the fact that Jill, Gray Fox, Helirin, and Mr. Resetti are not back are somewhat plausible reasons.

Jill - GameFreak is reportedly "hard to work with", so I guess that's a reason.
Gray Fox - Metal Gear has NO involvement with Smash 4 (3DS AND Wii U) whatsoever, so along with Snake getting the axe, of course he'd leave too. (Obviously.)
Helirin - Now this one I'm personally not 100% on, but the only thing I can think of is that he wasn't well received as an AT or maybe he caused weird glitches when summoned or whatever.
Mr. Resetti - For him, the only good reason I think his absence is "plausible" is the fact that he was "replaced" with the much more cute, sweet, adorable, likable, " non-annoying" and just overall lovable Isabelle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. (BTW, I actually supported her to be playable in Smash 4 nearly 2-3 weeks before her de-confirmation. Still, I least I got a chance to support her before she was de-confirmed nonetheless.)

My point is that with these guys being gone, it makes more sense than Isaac, Ray, the Excitebiker, and even Barbara's absences which seem all the more odd. Overall, I hope this means something, and the aforementioned characters whose absences seem unusual have a bigger role in the near future.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
You know, the absence of these ATs has me a little suspcious as well. I've been wondering if on just some small chance....could they be..................DLCs?! Considering it's these guys who are notably absent, I personally think it's more than plausible. I can see them all be playable at some point as DLC. Also, the fact that Jill, Gray Fox, Helirin, and Mr. Resetti are not back are somewhat plausible reasons.

Jill - GameFreak is reportedly "hard to work with", so I guess that's a reason.
Gray Fox - Metal Gear has NO involvement with Smash 4 (3DS AND Wii U) whatsoever, so along with Snake getting the axe, of course he'd leave too. (Obviously.)
Helirin - Now this one I'm personally not 100% on, but the only thing I can think of is that he wasn't well received as an AT or maybe he caused weird glitches when summoned or whatever.
Mr. Resetti - For him, the only good reason I think his absence is "plausible" is the fact that he was "replaced" with the much more cute, sweet, adorable, likable, " non-annoying" and just overall lovable Isabelle from Animal Crossing: New Leaf. (BTW, I actually supported her to be playable in Smash 4 nearly 2-3 weeks before her de-confirmation. Still, I least I got a chance to support her before she was de-confirmed nonetheless.)

My point is that with these guys being gone, it makes more sense than Isaac, Ray, the Excitebiker, and even Barbara's absences which seem all the more odd. Overall, I hope this means something, and the aforementioned characters whose absences seem unusual have a bigger role in the near future.
I believe Helirin was removed simply due to the fact that he "does not affect the battle at all". Whenever it pops up, everyone simply ignores it and acts as if it never happened. If it were a bit larger then it could have had some effect, but I guess Sakurai didn't want to bother remodeling an old obscure AT. Though I think it would have a bit more of an affect today with Little Mac, but oh well. The other three are probably reasons similiar to yours(though I think Resetti was simply deleted because he was, um, "in the way for too long" or something along those lines)

And then we have the remaining four.
Barbara's franchise is quite popular in Japan actually, not as popular as Rhythm Heaven to the casuals but it has quite the core fanbase, and her last game just came out 2013 I think.
Excitebike is a NES classic and is fairly known, and I think Sakurai could pull it out for a WTF character to include alongside someone else that's more popular(heck, I was able to come up with a moveset without trying today)
Issac's franchise Golden Sun was very popular back then, and I think it's the best selling Nintendo franchise without a playable character in Smash(excluding the like of Nintendogs and Brain Age), and I consider him to be next in line for Sm4sh DLC(if it happens)
And then we have Ray, my current number-one wanted(obviously) who settles in a strange line between "popular" and "obscure". I really don't know what to make of him, just that he's not impossible. Though I personally think Ray's next to Issac in reaching playable status, he would be very hard to discuss. He has moveset potential, character originality, some history, pretty much everything except recency...which unfortunately seems to matter the most this time. We really have to wait and see(though I still think he's a lock for Sm5sh:p)

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
So I just watched the WiiU AT video by GameExplain, and so we have no new ATs! When Sakurai said that there would be a different amount of ATs! Interesting...

And now we can really get into the discussion about Ray as DLC. Finally.
So...what should we do? Tbh we already discussed a lot of stuff regarding Ray, so I'm open to any new ideas.
Though I still think this thread should be moved to the Character Discussion forum. I currently have the hunch that not many people bother to check NintenZone...

P.S. Why no supporter list?

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
So there's no new AT's?

Then Sakurai's statement worries me. Perhaps AT DLC will be a thing....

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
So there's no new AT's?

Then Sakurai's statement worries me. Perhaps AT DLC will be a thing....
TBH, if Assist Trophies are paid DLC, I REALLY doubt that a good majority of people will purchase it. That being said, there will likely be people who will purchase it anyways.

If new Assist Trophies were added via free dlc, then this could be trouble. However, the likelihood of that happening will be very slim. Thinking like a company, how would I gain more profit? Would I gain more profit using my resources to make another assist trophy that people would turn off in most cases (most people I know don't use items)? Or would I make more profit using my resources to make a new playable character (characters are used anyways, regardless of item settings [except for Miis in certain tourneys])?

I think the areas most likely going to be targeted by DLC will be characters, stages, music, modes, skins, and custom moves (though the last two are pretty iffy). Out of these 6, the most likely additions will be characters and stages. I REALLY don't think they'll do DLC for items, but I can be wrong. Thing is, I didn't see Nintendo adding item DLC to the Mario Kart 8 DLC packs. One of Mario Kart's integral parts of the series is items. Them not adding items there kinda tips off the idea that they don't want to have to program a new item for the game. The same is likely for adding new ATs for Smash Bros.

That being said, we do have to be cautious about that possibility. I just don't think people would pay for more items instead of more characters/stages.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Got access, today.
To what?

By the way, what are your thoughts on moving this thread to the Character Discussion forum? The Panel de Pon thread is getting ore views than here, even though that franchise dosen't have one game overseas when we have two.

I'm really getting the hunch that no one looks at NintenZone these days...

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
To what?

By the way, what are your thoughts on moving this thread to the Character Discussion forum? The Panel de Pon thread is getting ore views than here, even though that franchise dosen't have one game overseas when we have two.

I'm really getting the hunch that no one looks at NintenZone these days...
I think we should pack up and move back, I miss our old town. We had more villagers...
(sorry, new animal crossing game in dev, i'm excited)
I'll work that out. We also have a new front page this week. :)
And even better news, I can finally afford my program, and am exporting what I have finished for you guys to see.
Thanks for waiting! P.S. More news to come before new years.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
DUDE! I loved that. The editing, the music, that sweet border, it was so good. Really well done, can't wait to see the final version.
Also there were some big names in those credits, thats awesome.
Is there anyway to make those credits scroll smoother though? they seemed a bit jittery.
Anyway, it's incredible, well done.

Top Bottom