• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Superior Tactics] ; Deity-Level Robin Guide

[Superior Tactics] ; Deity-Level Robin Guide

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Your first objection is noted, and DENIED! No actually the color really is terrible. But there's only so many yellows in the rich text editor.

Good to know, I'll have to correct the Link section then.

Yeah an entire section on B-reverses could be useful. Cool thing with coming up from the ledge though. Would just have to be careful cause of the whole special fall thing.

Oh, really? I like it better without them, now that Schema 3 is gone. If other people have the same sentiments as you though, I might change it back.

In my experience the damage from Fox's laser is a little lower than that. I don't suggest taking a full barrage of lasers, but if you can charge an entire Thoron with only a few lasers hitting you (as a result of various situations) it's probably worth it.
Thoron does 18%...so even if you only hit every other time and you keep your damage per charge from lasers below 5%, you're still making a positive investment of double. But yes "ranged interruptors", especially the super-fast ones like Falco and Rob, are a massive pain for charging Thoron. With specific fighting experience it would become easier to shield or dodge in time. But thanks for bringing that up, good things to go in the guide. (I said Thoron a buncha times just for you :lick:)

That's not a bad technique, but honestly I would say it lies in the pool of "general smash skill" moreso than "Robin skill".

I think the rule is "it goes through if it does double damage" or 1.5x damage or something. That does remind me, I want to make a chart of which of Robin's ranged attacks clash with, subsume, or are destroyed by other characters' special attacks. That would be a big undertaking but I think it would be immensely helpful. Plus more stuff to beat out Schema 3.

Thanks for the ideas, Estaphan. This amount of effort definitely marks you a Deity-Level Tactician. :colorful:

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
I want to make a chart of which of Robin's ranged attacks clash with, subsume, or are destroyed by other characters' special attacks.
That would be great. There are some odd things going on with Robin's projectiles... Arcthunder doesn't explode and instead disappears when struck by Link's bombs. No idea if anything else has that effect on Arcthunder. Elthunder seems to have varying priority as it travels(!?). Not sure about that, but for example, Elthunder usually subsumes Megaman's crash bomb, but other times they clash. I've found that by timing Elthunder correctly it will consistently beat crash bomb. Maybe it's a property of crash bomb, but I have the feeling I've seen the same effect elsewhere. If I had to guess, I'd say that Elthunder priority drops as it travels is weird. Needs testing.

Last edited:

Estaphan

Smash Rookie
Arcthunder doesn't explode and instead disappears when struck by Link's bombs. No idea if anything else has that effect on Arcthunder.
I tried it out and it seems the regular Arcthunder 'explosion' doesn't trigger when it his exploding items (tested it with Link's bomb, sticky bombs and bob-ombs). Not sure why though.
Also I don't plan to touch Elthunder with a 6 foot pole.

Demonstormkill

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-6919-7589
I tried it out and it seems the regular Arcthunder 'explosion' doesn't trigger when it his exploding items (tested it with Link's bomb, sticky bombs and bob-ombs). Not sure why though.
Also I don't plan to touch Elthunder with a 6 foot pole.
That's odd. It's tough to replicate the clash between Elthunder and crash bomb using AI. The only instance I have of it in a replay looks like the Elthunder was cast just after crash bomb was used. Elthunder collided on frame 2 or 3 and the characters were about 4 character lengths apart.

Also, some attacks clash with Thoron. It tends to be impractical since I've only seen it very rarely, but on occasion a landing character has thrown out an aerial with a long disjointed hitbox and neutralized thoron. Thoron continues through them as usual, but they take no damage. I recall peach doing this, maybe with fair.

EDIT: I remember another strange instance of Elthunder, where I used it to snipe Villager's Lloyd Rocket offstage (with him riding it), so that it exploded (traded with Elthunder) and he special fell to his death. Normally Elthunder just gets eaten by the rocket.

Last edited:

Estaphan

Smash Rookie
I remember another strange instance of Elthunder, where I used it to snipe Villager's Lloyd Rocket offstage (with him riding it), so that it exploded (traded with Elthunder) and he special fell to his death. Normally Elthunder just gets eaten by the rocket.
Well after about 15 minutes of ******* around with the AI I can finally say that, in the one instance I could manage, Elthunder was eaten up. Not helpful at all but I can't catch the AI dead riding that thing and I'm done. I can also say for certain that Elthunder explodes standard Gyroids.

Also damn girl. Firstly I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, you may even know it considering the Advanced Arcthunder/fire topic hasn't been touched upon yet and I'm not sure how easy/reliable it is against actual humans because, again, I lack skill and people to try it with. It's fine though I make up for that with swag and fance. So anyway, it's basically Short Hop Arcfire>Arcthunder>Nosferatu. If you short hop into the Arcfire you'll land in the perfect place to cast Arcthunder, which, if hit, is the perfect place for a Nosferatu. It was truly meant to be. This does around 38% against an unrelenting training dummy and from what I can tell it's a struth combo, but should really be further tested.
Edit: Damn, with lowering size and weight you almost need to entirely change the style of the combo, which really increases the difficulty. If nothing else it should be alright against heavier characters.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I've never seen the attack clash with Thoron thing. That seems very interesting. Same with the thing with Elthunder vs Lloid, I usually see it get eaten up...wonder what the deal with Elthunder is. Guess I'll figure it out when the chart comes out. Unless someone figures it out first.

Wow that seems like a really insane combo, even if it does only work at 0% against Dedede/Bowser. Very cool. Will have to look into that further. To do: make a to do list... Edit: Done

Last edited:

Estaphan

Smash Rookie
Wow that seems like a really insane combo, even if it does only work at 0% against Dedede/Bowser.
Yeah I was thinking that it should be handy once you've just killed someone while at a high percentage and they go on the full offensive trying to get that finisher on you.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Shameless self-bump. (Okay, so there's a little bit of shame...)

Added Phase 18, Training Excercises, as well as Phase 12, Advanced Aerials. Check em out and gimme some feedback if ya got the time. Also added Robin's Raw Frame Data to the numbers. Also made some other minor additions, revisions, changes, and fixes.

Aiming to finish the last 3 phases today if nothing comes up. Then will come more polishing, adding videos and images, and...other endless amounts of work. Le sigh. So stay tuned.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Okay, please change the Nosferatu section color. It's not funny, it's annoying. I don't care how hilarious you think it is, I can assure you that at least a majority of the people who read the guide don't like it.

You are SERIOUSLY underselling how useful Elthunder is. You never mentioned it under the edgegame, which is a very handy use for it. If you time it right, you can nail the opponent for an edgeguard, and if they're at high enough percent, potentially knock them past the side blast line for a KO. You also never mention it's use in tech chasing, which is by far its best attribute. If you knock your opponent to the ground, and they try to get up instantly, throw out an Elthunder. Charge up another one, then throw it out immediately to hit them again. You can just keep doing this until they're either too far away to hit before they get a chance to shield, or they wisen up and delay their getup for a bit. Even if your opponent techs the landing, you can still charge it Elthunder up and release it before they can shield.

tl;dr, Emphasize how great Elthunder is more.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I will never change the color of the Nosferatu section. Never, ever, ever. This may be selfish of me (it's definitely selfish of me) but if you're going to read the guide you'll have to put up with the flashing smiley faces, the black text, and the acid trip level of colors. Perhaps it will drive some people away. Perhaps it will prevent the guide from reaching its true potential. I don't care.

I will be expanding the Nosferatu section in the near future, though.

I think you're right about the importance of Elthunder. I don't use it enough since I'm a Thoron junkie (which is the wrong way to go about things) so I don't think I've explored its uses properly. I might make the next section an extended look at Arcfire and Thunder. Thank you for your input. 8]

Estaphan

Smash Rookie
I will never change the color of the Nosferatu section. Never, ever, ever. This may be selfish of me (it's definitely selfish of me) but if you're going to read the guide you'll have to put up with the flashing smiley faces, the black text, and the acid trip level of colors. Perhaps it will drive some people away. Perhaps it will prevent the guide from reaching its true potential. I don't care
I respect this commitment. I'm going to go rate this guide 5 stars entirely because of your mentality, you glorious smart ass you.

LavenderSkeletons

Smash Rookie
NNID
LavenderSkeleton
I've mentioned this in my review, but I'll put it here in case yo u missed it/didn't see the reviews recently/only look here for potential new stuff to research/put in the guide.
I hope you don't mind me directly quoting myself from the review.

"You said you were looking for some sort of techniques, but do you mean ones that are Sure-fire or ones that *may* work depending on the opponent?
Something which I may use if the character is heavy enough is to stand at the edge (if I feel there's no risk), back throw the enemy and fire a previously charged Elthunder. It's possible for the opponent to escape from this easily by jumping, but it forces them to use their double jump allowing for you to take action with a vital recovery tool removed.
Otherwise, if they sleep on it, they can be hit by the Elthunder, meaning you can set-up for an Elwind or SDair, if you feel "DAIR"ing.
Recommended at 10-30%, a nice little extra to have in the bag, I feel."

I put this here because I feel it's a bit more appropriate to have this here than in my review, even though it's still on the review.
I'm going to be looking into this, but I hope you find this interesting, and potentially something that could work, as it's worked for me a couple of times to get that extra percent it, or get a lucky spike.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I'm actually glad you posted it here, @LavenderSkeletons. It's much easier to discuss things in this thread than via reviews.

As far as looking for techniques, I'm looking for anything that works, whether it be some of the time or all of the time. Being able to chain an Arcfire to a Sfair is very consistent. Other techniques work only rarely or against certain characters. [Superior Tactics] is meant to be encyclopedic, amassing all possible Robin information for the reader to make their own decisions about. That means I'll take absolutely anything, and find a place for it if it could be of use.

The types of techniques I'm not looking for are: -extremely- rare situations, common-sense, and incorrect information. Anything else is fair game.

That little trick of yours does seem interesting. It goes along perfectly with Robin's strengths - using projectiles to limit the enemy's options and attacking whilst we have the advantage. I think it definitely has a place, probably in the newly expanded (and unreleased) Thunder exposition section. Thanks for contributing. :skull:

Edit: Added Phase 15, Custom Specials. Only two to go until it's "done". No idea when I'll be able to finish those but I would love for it to be "soon". Very soon. Also once both Schema1+2 and Schema 3 are complete in their first drafts, I may re-combine them, since I won't have to edit them as heavily, and therefore won't need to use the Rich Text Editor anymore.

Last edited:

Estaphan

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I'm a bit mixed on the custom section mostly about speed thunder and fire wall (I completely agree with the other customs). My opinions on fire wall aren't really importan, suffice to say that I miss the trapping potential too much to use it. Speed thunder is what I'm really mixed on though. While I think that speed thunder and speed Elthunder are inarguably far superior (extra range and speed is far better than any extra damage) I feel that Arcthunder and thoron are much worse. The Arcthunder trap vanishes too quickly to actually use it as a combo move in literally any way as far as I'm aware so it's essentially a slower Elthunder , and thoron does a whopping total of 10% (speaking of which the damage shown in the guide is quite different to the damage is got from my Experiences). I think speed thunder will depend on whichever thunder forms the user leans on the most but as an Elthunder/thoron man I'm incredibly mixed.

Also you say you're against customs. Care to explain?

Edit: Oh and fire wall doesn't actually trigger the flame on people, only once it hits the floor which unfortunately throws away any chance of it being an edge guarding tool

Last edited:

Lukred

Smash Rookie
Hello!

I'm back with more knowledge! I have a habit of completely disregarding smashboards for a couple of months, to then come back after being satisfied i've cooked a few things in the kitchen. I read up on your guide and i like it a lot bud :p

I can add some of my knowledge to the mix as well if you want, its more "a piece of my mind"
disregard anything that's already been covered or not important. Most of the stuff I can really add is all more play styles and tips, so I don't know how relevant some of it will be, here we go:

- Robin's Sfair combos into itself at strict percentages depending on weights of characters (around 10-40%) this isn't a true combo, but works well if they are caught off-guard.

- The same can be said for sh Fair -> sh Dair, quickly testing it in training against marth, short hopping forward air so that he is hit with the bottom segment at 10-40% can line up to a sh Sfair offstage which can be an early kill for characters with bad recoveries or are not expecting it.

- In terms of tome catching, I think it was said earlier, but grabbing tomes with air dodges are the way to go and if you miss the first "grab" with an air dodge you can press the button again to catch it regardless of if you are still in the animation or not. After the initial bounce of the items, quickly short hopping with a air dodge is a lot more effecting than robins dashing "poke" attack.

- Cannot stress how amazing z-dropping tomes offstage when the opponent is recovering. Its not a 100% kill guarantee but the initial hit and potential stage spikes are amazing.

- If your comfortable with catching items with air dogging, it is quite easy to catch them when recovering onto the ledge, a lot of the time if you are using arcfire or elwind offstage and snap onto the ledge, there is a brief second that the tome does not get discarded, therefore when it is, you can press back, jump and air dodge at the same time to catch the tome and snap back onto the ledge. Be careful to not get hit afterwards tho as you wont have invulnerable frames.

I don't think I saw a segment of edge game for when you are trying to get back on?

- I'm sure most people know this but when you're on the ledge you can pull away and jump to get onto the stage quickly with either a Sfair, arcfire or nos. These aren't very safe however, if you want to add pressure offstage without landing and being invulnerable you can shift your momentum so that throwing out an arcfire or Sfair will keep you offstage and "safe"

- Then there is the awesome Supair, if somebody is too close to the ledge, falling from the ledge and jumping up with an supair is extremely lethal. You can do this before grabbing the ledge as well.

- If somebody is recovering low, pulling back from the ledge and using elwind is quite effective for spikes, especially if you hold onto the ledge against people like link or robin who don't really have a hit-box above their recovery.

Can't think of much more, you could maybe include robins zoning game and spacing his forward airs (which you kinda have) and how fading sh Sfairs/sbairs into arcfire, ftilt or jab are all good keep-away games. Constantly spamming fading sh Sfairs/sbairs is pretty safe most of the time and does well to add to pressure and neutral game.

It may be also a good idea to warn players of the importance of not spamming arcfire? (unless you already have) its extremely easy to punish if you don't mix-up. I feel its a lot safer b reversing it when running away or using it on descent when fading back after an aerial, falling ect.

Hope I helped in some way! Like I said, this was kinda just a unloading of stuff Ive been learning for the past few months, so apologies if a lot of it is irrelevant, just thought I'd add to the mix.

Last edited:

LavenderSkeletons

Smash Rookie
NNID
LavenderSkeleton
The problem I feel with Speed thunder is that Arcthunder and Thoron seem to suffer, as they are more more "overtime" damage. Instant 1-hit thunder charges, Thunder and Elthunder, get a great upgrade do to being a lot faster, making it easier to catch the opponent off guard, but Arcthunder and Thoron suffer because they're not "out" long enough to deal as much damage, and are too fast in relation of combing from them, say, a point-blank Arcthunder into a grab.
But, Thoron does in fact have an advantage from the charging speed, in that you can use the Thoron to sped the opponent off the edge and into the air, and by the time they reach your horizontal line of sight again you're most likely going to have another Thoron waiting for them, to keep them in the air and away from you to buy more time to think up a strategy, or to get that vital K.O.

In short, Speed thunder upgrades thunder and Elthunder, but downgrades Arcthunder and Thoron, but Thoron is easier to use in quick succession.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Wow Lukred that's quite a haul! Like you said there are some things I am already aware of, and some I'm not. Usually I reply to each point individually but this time I will not. Much too daunted. But you did put forth some very good suggestions for the guide, which I am as grateful for as the Robin facts themselves. Will definitely be implementing. Good show! Promotion for you!

Yes Lavski I do much agree with your assessment of Speed Thunder. Arcthunder suffers the most I think, I'm still impressed by Speed Thoron's damage and knockback in relation to its charging speed. I thought it would be nerfed harder. However, Speed Thoron loses a lot of priority, which I noticed while playing against Sonic for a number of hours today. Not sure how debilitating this is for us against non-Sonic characters. We'll have to see. The amazingly fast Elthunders are so awesome though. I still think it's a bit better than regular Thunder but we'll have to see if that assessment holds up.

Fire Wall though...ugh I love it so much. Wow. Got to use it for those hours today and what can I say. It's just the **** in every direction.

Estaphan

Smash Rookie
I'm still impressed by Speed Thoron's damage and knockback in relation to its charging speed. I thought it would be nerfed harder.
I mentioned this earlier but I'll bring it up again. Playing around with speed thunder shows me that speed thoron does an embarrassing 10% (which is about as much as a standard Elthunder), while in the custom section you say 15.

Also I believe you can combo into speed Elthunder and speed Arcthunder (even thoron if they miss the technology) from a forward throw.

Edit: Pfft technology. Dammit autocorrect get with the smash bros jargon

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Very strange, I copied and pasted the entry that says 15% from the Wiki. I've never seen it do more than 10% myself. Will have to correct that. The frame data says it hits once, and once only, for that 10%, so it should theoretically be impossible for it to do any more damage than that.

I find 10% to be quite impressive rather than embarrassing. Since charges in a little over half the time. It also seems to cast faster and have less cooldown but I'm not sure. Some other interesting facts that I've gathered from the frame data is that it knocksback 5 degrees more horizontally which may be beneficial, and it has more base knockback than standard Thoron, though less growth knockback, meaning it has better knockback at lower percentages. Strangely enough, the data lists Speed Thoron at being able to kill earlier than standard Thoron (KO at 192% vs KO at 211%) though it seems to me that Speed Thoron kills about 10% later, or so.

And that is an interesting claim. It does make sense that given the speed of those projectiles that it would be possible to combo into them. I'll look into it.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Added phase 13: Gigafire. And secret technique Zarei Drill. Only one phase to go (finally)!

Oh and as to @ Estaphan Estaphan 's question of why I'm against customs. It's a hassle, it turns away new and aspiring players from the tournament scene by adding an extra hurdle for them, and the customs do not seem very well balanced. It's too hard, logistically, and time-consuming, to make sure every Wii brought into every tournament has all of the custom moves transferred onto them via 3DS. And finally, because it's a cause of endless dissension in the ranks.

Last edited:

LavenderSkeletons

Smash Rookie
NNID
LavenderSkeleton
(Finally got around to actually testing and learning about this spare tactic)
I suppose you could call this Thunder Edge guarding, but you're also kind of forcing them into the situation, so it's also not really edge guarding... or is it?

I would first like to replace all the "Elthunder"s to "Arcthunder"s from my previous claims, as the slightly slower pace it offers means it can be instantly after BThrowing the opponent off the ledge and hit a bit more constantly.

The way it seems, in training at least, is that the opponent will be hit by the Arcthunder consistently if they refuse to jump when they're at 0-20/25% after being BThrowed and if the Arcthunder is cast next-to-immediately, or even just immediately. Against regular weight characters, such as Mario, this technique will normally hit them dead centre at 0%, and can still hit even at 40% if the player times it carefully. Even deceptively "heavy" characters such as Fox will get bullseye'd by this technique, but not as much at 0%, since there seems to be a chance that they fall just fast enough that they can fall just under the Arcthunder and avoid it.

The trick about it is that Arcthunder seems to only apply to the 3DS version.
After beginning to test on the Wii U version, Elthunder seems to work better, as they seem to be thrown farther.

This is still early testing, but this is what I've discovered so far. More testing should come in the future. Hopefully I can get a bit more detail and shed more light upon this...
Best of luck if you're going to put this technique to practice. Remember that if they can avoid it by using their second jump, so be on guard for this occasion. Put on some shocking performances and whatnot~
And sorry if it's a bit vague. After further tests and analysis I should be able to set some things in stone, but so far the technique is rather fluid.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
All physics and gameplay are exactly equivalent between the 3DS and Wii U version.

That being said, that's an interesting tactic. Cutting off options and forcing jumps is definitely advantageous for us. Certainly something to look into.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
[Superior Tactics] is finally "DONE"! It's about damn time!

I say "done" because there's still a need for more formatting, adding stuff to the glossary, and finally I can start going through the suggestions made in this thread and implement those as well.

Changelog:

Removed "Advanced Strategy" section, cannibalized it into other sections
Added "Miscellany", "Gigafire" and "God of Thunder" sections
Re-added Schema 3 (I've found ways around the forum bugs that were plaguing me before)
Formatting changes out the wazoo
Re-spoilered things by Schema
Changed order of Phases to make more sense
Put "Frame Data" and "OoS" options in their own self-contained spoilers
...and more.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this possible! Of course the guide is "Done" but it's not really done. Once I add in some stuff to phase "Miscellany" and add in all the stuff from the suggestions I've gotten from you guys, as well as finish the Countermeasure section, I think I'll take a break for a month or two before starting work on Schema 4.

Of course I'm always taking more suggestions, additions, etc, so if you come up with anything please feel free to post it here.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
The section on matchups annoys me, mainly because I disagree with so many of the things you put there? Robin has a 50:50 against Fox? A 50:50 against freaking SONIC? Those characters are nightmarish for Robin. You're seriously overexaggerating how good Robin's matchups are. I know that you want to defend your main, but if you look at it objectively, Robin has some pretty terrible matchups.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Whoops sorry, guess I didn't mention. The ones with a "50:50?" are just a placeholder. It meant that I had no real guess/estimate. Which currently includes G+W, Ness, Fox, and Falco.

Fox is one of Robin's WORST matchups, hands-down. The Fox matchup is actually what convinced me to pick up a secondary, which might end up being Sonic. I'll probably make the Fox matchup 35:65 or so.

Honestly I didn't have a lot of experience fighting most characters when I wrote that portion of the guide, last Winter Break.

Things have changed with my recent activity on Smashladder in the last few weeks. (Probably 30-40 matches by now?) So expect Schema 3 to be more accurate.

But I still defend my "50:50" (with no question marks) ratio against Sonic. I train with one of the best Sonic players in Brawl (by tournament records) (no I'm not making this up lol) in the nation weekly. Who has now transitioned completely to Smash 4. He's still a little better than me, but I still consistently win more than 40% of our matches. I've played other Sonics on Smashladder and elsewhere. His colossal speed is offset by our zoning and disjoints. I honestly think it's a fairly even matchup. I might change it to 55:45 though. We'll have to see.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Summer break is here, ladies and gentlemen! You know what that means, don't you? Yes, more masturbatory self-replies by good ol' uncle Zareidriel. But beyond that, after 5 nightmarish weeks of moving into my new apartment and other such distractions, it's finally time to finish [Superior Tactics]. When the guide was first dreamed up and inked down, I did not have the necessary experience to write the matchup section. Well, no longer is that the case! Now that the game has been out a while, I've had plenty of matches against every character under the sun (except Wario, for some reason) and finally have the material to complete the hellish undertaking I began last winter break. Along with that are updates for the wind jab, Roy, Ryu, Lucas, Dream Land, and everything else. So don't touch that dial folks!

Though the game is ever-evolving, I'm ready for the guide to at least look complete. The incompleteness of [ST] has been hanging over my head for months. And as always, I am taking suggestions, comments, and questions.

Edit: Looking to be done with it by the end of July. Revamp is currently 2/10 phases complete.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
That's good to hear. I thought that you had stopped working on it, but I'm glad that I was wrong.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
I'm also glad you were wrong! The next major update is finished, and Schema 3 (the matchup section) is now complete.

The matchups were so much work I didn't have time to cover Patch 1.10 in all its glory yet. In celebration, I'm starting Schema 4. Mindgames, Down-Throw combos, Arcthunder setups and 7 other sections...coming soon~

eagle_master

Smash Cadet
NNID
roustik
3DS FC
2852-7293-3760
Just a little note for the match-up, Bowser jr. could be a pain in long-range since his mechakoopas can survive all of the attacks and the cannon can stop them (beside thoron) beside that great guide. :bee:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Hm interesting, I haven't really fought much Bowser Jr. so I appreciate the help! I will certainly add that to the matchup section. And thanks 8]

Just a little update, since I've been having so much trouble with the Smashboards software (I currently have to update the guide in an extremely pain-in-the-ass way) I will be hosting it myself on http://www.zareidriel.com in its full glory very soon. The domain and hosting are bought so now I just have to figure out how to get it on there. This will allow me a much greater ease to add the new "expert" sections I've been planning, such as:

Doubles Strategy
Psychology
Reads
Tech "Chases"
Responding to and applying pressure
How and when to use SDAIR
And of course, new Secret Techniques (Hidden Blade, Absolute Defense, etc)
And more in the works!

as well as videos, gifs, and even images.

I can always use more help and tips like the one from @ eagle_master eagle_master so don't hesitate to drop me a line or post em here!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
School has begun, and what does that mean? I can work on SupTac in class. Whooo~

So after reading about DNS and zone files, some hosting, a litle HTML and CSS, then translating the guide from BBCode, and formatting the new HTML guide from one continuous line into a format readable by humans, we are now live!

Now that I can finally edit the thing (it was nearly impossible using the Smashboards software) I'll be working on the things on the first page of this thread, adding the new stuff from 1.10, and some desperately-needed re-organization.

One of the features I'm most excited about are hyperlinks within the guide, which will definitely ease navigation.

I'll get back next week with how updates are proceeding.

How does the website work for everyone else? Are there any resolution/readability problems? I'm pretty new to the whole web design thing.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Phases 1-10 of Superior Tactics 2.0 are finally out! It's clearer and easier to understand than the previous version, is better-looking in format, is up-to-date, and contains a lot more useful information. I feel like I've grown a lot as a Robin scientist and Smash player, which should translate to a better guide-reading experience for you overall. The colors and such aren't fully complete, when they're in it should make the large blocks of white text easier to read.

Due to the fact that I had to cannibalize the other Phases of Superior Tactics 1.0, and they're out of date, etc, I took them down from the guide for now. There are a lot of things I don't like about it anyway.

Phases 11-20 should only take another week or two, since their content is mostly written and only needs re-visited and re-updated for 2.0. Phases 21-30 will contain a lot of new content so it'll probably take until winter break. And finally I'll re-visit the matchups in phases 31-40 during winter break, with the knowledge I gained over the last 365 days, which is when I wrote the original matchup section.

I'd like to add gifs, videos, images, etc. These will be coming over the course of the new guide.

Check it out! http://www.zareidriel.com/superiortactics/

I'll post the next update here in a few weeks when the next 10 Phases are finished. As always I'm taking comments, suggestions, and questions,

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
EDIT: Please ignore me, I don't know what reading comprehension is.

Last edited:

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
BlackIce97 BlackIce97 No? Sorry mate, it was working recently!

I recently transferred my domain to the same company that I have hosting with. Just got back from Con so tomorrow I'll try to upload the guide and fix the link. Try back in a few days, if you would like. Or I could send you a PM when it is accessible.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Good news, [Superior Tactics] is live once more!

suptact.png

Apparently it was a problem with my company's auto-DNS settings and not my own, had to call support to get them to fix it.

Now that I'm finished with the Matchup Chart Project I will resume work on [ST]. Phases 11-20 should be re-released in the next couple weeks.

Top Bottom