• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Stabby Death Match IV (JP Ruleset) - POSTPONED

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Less than two weeks away! Hype!!!!

I assume that Talon will actually bring cookies this time? :cool:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Getting close!!! :) Some of our more well known players may not be able to make this one. Stultus and Tatsumaki can't make it for sure. We do have alot of new faces who will be making an uproar though, and some good bit of skill among them as well. I look forward to maybe seeing some new faces in the bracket this time, as well as a continuing increase in attendance.

SSDMI - 26 attendants
SSDMII- 34 attendants

Lets shoot for 40 this time guys! TN scene ftw! :cool:

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Getting close!!! :) Some of our more well known players may not be able to make this one. Stultus and Tatsumaki can't make it for sure. We do have alot of new faces who will be making an uproar though, and some good bit of skill among them as well. I look forward to maybe seeing some new faces in the bracket this time, as well as a continuing increase in attendance.

SSDMI - 26 attendants
SSDMII- 34 attendants

Lets shoot for 40 this time guys! TN scene ftw! :cool:
Mark one more I"ll be there tomorrow with a buddy of mine

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
That's awesome! I'm sure JetA will be especially excited to see another Yoshi main.

Scrounging for a few last minute set ups, if anyone can contribute that would be awesome!
I got a wii. I'll bring mine with me tomorrow

Also i need a partner for doubles anyone interested?

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Awesome man! My buddy Zero Hour needs a teammate. He's a pretty good Wario/Wolf player.

Edit: So we have ~8 people wanting to bring wiis but only 6 TVs, so I'm still scrounging for those. You'd think that would be the easier find.

JTMerrell

Smash Journeyman
I am considering coming to this one. I have a long a long break where there are no tournaments posted around this time so I will try hard to come here. Possibly ride with Guapo and some other friends.

guapo

Smash Apprentice
I am considering coming to this one. I have a long a long break where there are no tournaments posted around this time so I will try hard to come here. Possibly ride with Guapo and some other friends.
Lol only if ur my teammate

:phone:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Would be awesome if you both could make it out. The more out of towners that come, the more the TN comunity as a whole will continue to expand. ;)

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
The last tournament had 28 entrants, with a good few typical attendees absent. The second tournament had 34, and is currently the biggest we've hosted. I'm hoping to get about 30ish people again. :)

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
As I've said, part of the deal with the venue is that the tournament be free entry. So, unless we get sponsored (Which would be cool and we are trying to look into that) we aren't going to have cash prizes quite yet.

Having a bit of trouble with the tournament itself. They're turning the lounge we typically use into something else, school offices and such for student life. Student life has also been giving me crap about our club, turns out we never got on the offcial list of clubs. Anooying but not impossible to fix. So, I need to get that taken care of first. Once that's done I can request a different lounge for us to play in. Then, once they accept that we will be golden. I should be able to get this done by April 7th but you all know how that goes. May have to postpone this. Hopefully not. I'll keep you guys posted.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Alright guys, so a bit of bad news. I talked to the right people, the CBU Gaming Club is officially recognized again. Problem is, All requests have to be two weeks in advance, and..well I'm just now able to put the request in. Plus, it's Easter Weekend and ALOT of regular attendants have asked to postpone. So...I'm going to postpone the tournament until further notice. It will probably be sometime in June...Because this April is VERY busy for me. I'm presenting my Senior research at two different meetings and I'm taking my college department exam. Fun stuff. Then graduation in May and Cordial Uproar 4 is right after that, so plenty of tournament action to keep TN busy for that month.

I'm really sorry that I'm having to postpone this. We were looking forward to our fourth installment, but, it will happen! Just...not on April 4th lol. I'll let you guys know when we come up with another date. Untill then keep up the practice, and for the Memphis players we still hang out and brawl on Saturday nights. :cool:

-Storm-

Smash Cadet
That's alright Jester; I agree that school takes priority over Brawl. Looking forward to it and Cordial Uproar!

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
That's alright Jester; I agree that school takes priority over Brawl. Looking forward to it and Cordial Uproar!
Holy ****, Storm! You're going to Cordial too? Can't wait to see you there dude. It's gonna be awesome. I'd love to see you fight Ally Snake v Snake. Be good experience for you too.

WhoDaThunk

Smash Rookie
Aaaah I was looking forward to this torney. It was gonna be my first. But my prom is Friday and Easter is Sunday so it turned out for the better I guess.. I hope this gets rescheduled soon though.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad i checked smashboards...cause i woulda came out there saturday for nothing and would have been very pissed off....Next time please let AIB user's know as well

Fierce Deku

Smash Cadet
Sorry to hear about the scheduling trouble. I know how much of a pain dealing with a school as a venue can be. I'm hoping to help get the east TN community more cohesive, maybe by June or whenever SSDMIV ends up we'll have more people interested in heading your way.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
Yea, sorry about that Dragon. I totally forgot to post about this on AIB. Nobody was being very active there so it tends to slip my mind now and then. I'm glad you didn't waste a drive like that, phew.

Yea, so I'm trying to get the venue problem fixed. The CBU gaming club is at least ofcially recognized for real now. The problem is they took our lounge and turned it into a student life office...

I'm doing alot of senior research presentations right now so I can't really focus on this until next week. The new date will hopefully be in May.

When are the highschoolers out for summer?

-Storm-

Smash Cadet
Well I get out on the 19th of May, which is when Cordial Uproar is. I can't go to any tournaments between now and Cordial because of exams and research papers, but I should be free the rest of May and early June.

:phone:

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
This is still postponed until further notice. With some recent changes in student life, I don't have as much pull as I did in previous years. I still don't have a venue. :urg:

Top Bottom