• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super sonic vs Giga Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have to take the demo player's word for it and say that Bowser's is probably the best. Though Super Sonic is a great FS itself and imo looks cooler.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Not really. Whoever learns how to use either one really well, will consider ___ to be better than the other. It depends on the player.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Well, since only one FS could be active at a time, we shall never know :'(

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well, since only one FS could be active at a time, we shall never know :'(
Who says that?

Giga Bowser is better, but if Super Sonic and Giga Bowser are fighting against each other, SS would be better, because he can't get damage.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
As for the use of it in battle, It looks like Giga Bowser would do more damage, especially on small stages. The fight between them would be pointless since they are both invinsible.

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
It won't matter. For when they collide, the world will explode.

Joking aside, it depends on the surroundings and circumstances. If there's many enemies, Super may have a little trouble. Otherwise, Giga Bowser doesn't flinch while he racks up damage

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Id actually have to say bowser, since super sonic is only REALLY effective at picking off individual foes, while bowser can attack multiple people at once and has the same 1v1 potential

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I'd say it's a battle of who's'ever lasts longer. If Super Sonic's power falls out before Giga's he's in for trouble, and vice versa.

That said: Sonic has a slight advantage because (a) he doesn't take damage while Bowser does (though Bowser experiences no knockback) and (b) Bowser is a huge target that could probably be hit easier than an average sized opponent, and far more times at that.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I'd say it's a battle of who's'ever lasts longer. If Super Sonic's power falls out before Giga's he's in for trouble, and vice versa.

That said: Sonic has a slight advantage because (a) he doesn't take damage while Bowser does (though Bowser experiences no knockback) and (b) Bowser is a huge target that could probably be hit easier than an average sized opponent, and far more times at that.
What happens if Super Sonic just stays overlapping his opponent (like you can vs. so many of the old bosses)? Will Giga Bowser just continue to rack up damage, while Super Sonic just kinda floats there? In that case Super Sonic completely owns Giga Bowser, because as soon as they both untransform all Sonic has to do is hit Bowser once to kill him (not a problem with Sonic's speed.):laugh:

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
What happens if Super Sonic just stays overlapping his opponent (like you can vs. so many of the old bosses)? Will Giga Bowser just continue to rack up damage, while Super Sonic just kinda floats there? In that case Super Sonic completely owns Giga Bowser, because as soon as they both untransform all Sonic has to do is hit Bowser once to kill him (not a problem with Sonic's speed.):laugh:
Overlapping?

You mean if he just stands on top of Bowser? Well, I don't know what "old game" you say he can do that in, but he never can do that in the old games to my knowledge.

In terms of Brawl, it might be a winning strategy, unless you have to specifically impact an opponent to do damage. As well, I think it's very hard to keep Super Sonic still, if he isn't by default moving in the first place. From what I heard from E for All SS is a bit hard to control.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Overlapping?

You mean if he just stands on top of Bowser? Well, I don't know what "old game" you say he can do that in, but he never can do that in the old games to my knowledge.

In terms of Brawl, it might be a winning strategy, unless you have to specifically impact an opponent to do damage. As well, I think it's very hard to keep Super Sonic still, if he isn't by default moving in the first place. From what I heard from E for All SS is a bit hard to control.
Yea, with the Wii mote he is :ohwell:

SSBBKingster

Smash Apprentice
Well lets see...

Super Sonic:
Can fly around, knocking enemies off stages (or try). Not only, but is very fast, so hard to dodge. Can last a bit of a while. Invinciable

Giga Bowser:
Grows into giant form, taking up about the whol screen. same attacks, nothing really special except growing and when hit, invinciable.(meaning that you do damage, but he doesnt move) Last a bit.

Id have to say Super Sonic. :ohwell:

Zakurai

Smash Rookie
Both are really good. First of all, Sonic is invinsible (As far as I know) and can fly, but is too hard to control. Although he still packs a big punch. Bowser, or Giga Bowser, is OMG huge, and is really powerful, not to mention invincible. Being big can confuse you though. For now, Bowser wins, but we all have to wait 'till SSBB comes out on Febuary 10th.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I'd also say Sonic. I mean you can't hit Sonic at all with Giga Bowser. Giga Bowser can stand still and take up the whole map making him a big target and sonic is just flying around dealing out a lot of damage to Bowser even though he's not damaging him he's building him up for when his final smash wear's out. Now thats an argument lol.

0_Zero_0

Smash Cadet
Like most people say it will be hard to tell, but then again its pointless, it wont happen in a match? Maybe sonic will damage but since its giga bowser it won't pushed him off just maybe damage him.... Maybe..

Zakurai

Smash Rookie
Hmm, I'd also say Sonic. I mean you can't hit Sonic at all with Giga Bowser. Giga Bowser can stand still and take up the whole map making him a big target and sonic is just flying around dealing out a lot of damage to Bowser even though he's not damaging him he's building him up for when his final smash wear's out. Now thats an argument lol.
Like most people say it will be hard to tell, but then again its pointless, it wont happen in a match? Maybe sonic will damage but since its giga bowser it won't pushed him off just maybe damage him.... Maybe..
That's true, and the fact that if they were both in their FS in the same battle, only one would beat the other, 'cause the Smash Ball appears only once in a fight, so... we can't choose. I still say that Bowser's FS is better, for now, I mean. Anyway, if two Smash Balls would have appeared, they can't kill eachother, so one will push the other to the edge and kill him (Will that be even possible?). Oh well. We have to wait to test out this little "Fact" of ours...

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
Both are really good. First of all, Sonic is invinsible (As far as I know) and can fly, but is too hard to control. Although he still packs a big punch. Bowser, or Giga Bowser, is OMG huge, and is really powerful, not to mention invincible. Being big can confuse you though. For now, Bowser wins, but we all have to wait 'till SSBB comes out on Febuary 10th.
Giga Bowser still takes damage, he just doesn't flinch when hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom