• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super sonic or hyper sonic?

Dewd

Smash Rookie
Off topic but is it possible to get Hyper Sonic in the Mega collection for ps2?

MM125

Smash Rookie
Hyper is better, but Super is more well known (Hyper has had one game).

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
i think its the fleetway comic.

Personally I would have been happier if it was Hyper Sonic if only to appease the classic gamers.
They did go with Super Sonic though because it is the most recognizable form of Sonic.
(seriously who else knows about Mega and Star sonic? not many)
Still...Hyper Sonic is just so much more pwnage especially since he left afterimages in his wake.

Hyper Sonic didn't appear only in S&K3.
The master emerals were going to appear in SA1 but they served no purpose to the storyline so they were removed.
Would have been epic is Super sonic wasn't enough and he had to go hyper to pwn final Chaos.

yes hyper Sonic is canon for all those wondering.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
i think its the fleetway comic.

Personally I would have been happier if it was Hyper Sonic if only to appease the classic gamers.
They did go with Super Sonic though because it is the most recognizable form of Sonic.
(seriously who else knows about Mega and Star sonic? not many)
Still...Hyper Sonic is just so much more pwnage especially since he left afterimages in his wake.

Hyper Sonic didn't appear only in S&K3.
The master emerals were going to appear in SA1 but they served no purpose to the storyline so they were removed.
Would have been epic is Super sonic wasn't enough and he had to go hyper to pwn final Chaos.

yes hyper Sonic is canon for all those wondering.
What games did he show up in besides S3andK? Because I've heard that Hyper Sonic was just a way for the programmers to deal with the seven extra emeralds (Seven in one set of data, seven in the other. I may be using incorrect terminology.).

Besides, if he ever was cannon, Hyper Sonic's almost certainly been retconned out by now.

Top Bottom