• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9b Coming Tonight, Isaac Teased

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Actually light years is a unit of distance. Sheesh...what happened to education...?
That post was several hours ago and several other people have corrected me since. People make mistakes sometimes.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So is the "NEW" one in the downloads section v0.9b? Because I'd rather download.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
not really, in fact i love anime (that's an exception for bleach and naruto) it's just that imo, those characters don't belong in a smash game.
So if we renamed the game to "Happy Happy Fun Times Flash 2 v0.9b" with literally nothing else changed you would be ok with it? This isn't a real Smash game, it can do whatever it wants too.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
So if we renamed the game to "Happy Happy Fun Times Flash 2 v0.9b" with literally nothing else changed you would be ok with it? This isn't a real Smash game, it can do whatever it wants too.
not really. "this isn't a real smash game, it can do whatever it wants to" yeah, because apparently i can't have my own opinion?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
not really. "this isn't a real smash game, it can do whatever it wants to" yeah, because apparently i can't have my own opinion?
I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying that my opinion is that this isn't a smash game, so your opinion on characters that should and shouldn't be in a smash game isn't relevant.

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying that my opinion is that this isn't a smash game, so your opinion on characters that should and shouldn't be in a smash game isn't relevant.
actually it's kind of exactly what you're saying
you point out that it's not an official smash game, so my opinion isn't relevant, though it has "SUPER SMASH" in the goddamn name, and plays exactly the same way as smash, and is inspired by you guessed it, smash. so regardless of whether or not it's official, i consider it a smash game, and i don't think those characters should be in it.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I think you can't have an opinion. You said your opinion, and I said my opinion and why I think the way I do on my opinion. I just wanted to have a civil discussion between two people with different opinions. I told you why I think my opinion is right, so now you can tell my why you think your opinion is right. This will then go back and forth until we both get tired and nothing will have changed from when we started the discussion. What's the difference between that and a flame war? I don't actually know.

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I think you can't have an opinion. You said your opinion, and I said my opinion and why I think the way I do on my opinion. I just wanted to have a civil discussion between two people with different opinions. I told you why I think my opinion is right, so now you can tell my why you think your opinion is right. This will then go back and forth until we both get tired and nothing will have changed from when we started the discussion. What's the difference between that and a flame war? I don't actually know.
"civil discussion" or not, you cannot change my opinion.
there isn't much point in spending 8 years on a game that has already been made 3 times, and not to mention, using flash, in 2014.

Last edited:

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
And I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to show both sides of the argument, so that even when both sides walk away without changing their thoughts, they at least know more about why the other side thinks the way they do. So that we can be more understanding of the other side when discussing the topic with someone else or a topic similar to it.

Last edited:

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
And I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to show both sides of the argument, so that even when both sides walk away without changing their thoughts, they at least know more about why the other side thinks the way they do. So that we can be more understanding of the other side when discussing the topic with someone else or a topic similar to it.
you talk and think about this as if it's far more important than it actually is, then.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
there isn't much point in spending 8 years on a game that has already been made 3 times, and not to mention, using flash, in 2014.
If it makes you feel any better, most of the devs at SSF2 dislike having anime characters in there. But they are in there, and all you have to do is not play as them. Of course it will take 8 years to work on a game if you don't get paid and only have 20 or so people working on it. They have lives outside of this game you know.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
you point out that it's not an official smash game, so my opinion isn't relevant, though it has "SUPER SMASH" in the goddamn name, and plays exactly the same way as smash, and is inspired by you guessed it, smash. so regardless of whether or not it's official, i consider it a smash game, and i don't think those characters should be in it.
It does have BROS in the name though, so it's not a Smash game.
Very dedicated people put their hard-work making this game, regardless if you think anime characters belong in Smash, this game is not an official Smash game, nor is it an adaption of any of them. The developers have any right to include who they want. If you don't like the characters, don't play as them. If you want a real Smash game then how about waiting for Smash4 instead of nitpicking a fan-game.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
It does have BROS in the name though, so it's not a Smash game.
Very dedicated people put their hard-work making this game, regardless if you think anime characters belong in Smash, this game is not an official Smash game, nor is it an adaption of any of them. The developers have any right to include who they want. If you don't like the characters, don't play as them. If you want a real Smash game then how about waiting for Smash4 instead of nitpicking a fan-game.
did you not read any of the other comments i posted you dense ****

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
CONFIRMED!!!

McleodGaming has stated on Facebook:

"No unlockables in v0.9b :)"

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RAISE YOUR HYPE!! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Wait you're serious? We don't have to unlock characters?

EDIT: Oh wait I thought this was for smash 4 I'm stupid :p

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I remember playing the original Super Smash Flash... Probably one of the worst flash games I ever played.

But, their level of improvement is astonishing, and I freaking love Smash Flash 2. I discovered I'm pretty good with Chibi-Robo.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
lol no, it is a distance...
always funny when people correct others with wrong information xD
-.-
That post was several hours ago and several other people have corrected me since. People make mistakes sometimes.
Please make sure to read all the comments before replying to something that was two pages ago. There's a pretty high chance someone else (or in this case, 5 other people) has already said what you were going to say.

Last edited:

Yori

Banned via Warnings
Is this balanced and competitive and stuff or is it more a casual game?

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
not really, in fact i love anime (that's an exception for bleach and naruto) it's just that imo, those characters don't belong in a smash game.
It's all a matter of opinion I suppose. I'll admit, they're alittle different, but Snake was the furthest thing from Smash material, and he worked out. I feel like after general acceptance towards third party characters with Sonic, Megaman, etc, people should be fine with anything at this point.

It is worth noting (And obvious at that) that Ichigo for example wasn't originally a video game character to begin with, but I feel that his addition makes the Bleach fanatic in me light up.

I suppose that I can somewhat understand your position, because Mr. Incredible from the Disney Pixar movie "The Incredibles" is also playable (First game, if I recall) and even though I somewhat liked the movie, that idea is just plain weird.

Last edited:

Yori

Banned via Warnings
I think it's pretty balanced at the moment, but online play isn't ready yet
Hmm I gave it a try and I think it's awesome but they need to fix the online and the GC controller support

SuperHyperMegaTurbo

Smash Cadet
I always have (and probably always will) think Crusade is better by an immeasurable margin in everything except graphics, but... hey, this looks pretty good! I'll go dust off the original 0.9 in anticipation of this, I can't even remember why I...

*flies of the stage randomly because physics go wonky sometimes often*

I think I remember why I never liked this game.

Zapperrix

Smash Rookie
Hmm I gave it a try and I think it's awesome but they need to fix the online and the GC controller support
Unfortunately you'll have to use Xpadder or Joy2Key, as flash isn't compatible with controllers atm.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
after playing chibi robo in tyhis game i would actually like him to be in smash bros 5, he works really well and he is first party, that can be the joke charcter for smahs bros 5 please

Top Bottom