• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 At Apex 2015

Owlflame

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Just look at all the professionalism spewing out of Apex 2015

Zoa

Smash Ace
My jaw dropped. I freaking ENJOY this fan made game. Despite no PM I have even more hype for APEX this year besides 64 and Melee now. Gonna be watching that stream AAAAAALLLLL weekend.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Super Smash Flash is NOT running a bracket guys.

They're running a BOOTH.

PM was removed as a main tourney game meaning it doesnt get a BRACKET.

There is a HUGE HUGE difference guys.

On top of that, it's a stand alone game that doesnt use a console in any capacity. It's PC only. It also doesn't require exploits to be played.

Many of you are speaking with your feelings.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Apex TO's....
"ALL FOUR GENERATIONS OF SMASH!!!!
...EXCEPT THE HIGHLY ACCLAIMED MOD BUILT BY THE VERY COMMUNITY WE CLAIM TO SPONSOR TO A RIDICULOUS DEGREE!!!
CYA M8S."
Your doing it wrong.... :ohwell:

Edit: I know stuff like this didn't do anything to eliminate PM, but the blissful ignorance everything Apex related in regards to this is pretty heart-wrenching to me. :(

Last edited:

Will-O-Wisp

Smash Apprentice
Guys, it's just a booth, not a bracket. Major difference.

As a PM player, I'm not salty over this, but salty that people harass and make fun of PM, but I'm seeing nothing but support for this game. I don't get why one has to be put down, while the other doesn't. DISCLAIMER: I like SSF.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Guys, it's just a booth, not a bracket. Major difference.

As a PM player, I'm not salty over this, but salty that people harass and make fun of PM, but I'm seeing nothing but support for this game. I don't get why one has to be put down, while the other doesn't. DISCLAIMER: I like SSF.
feels over reals

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
My problem isn't so much that PM is left out as much as it is the lack of clarification from APEX staff. I mean look what CEO did. They gave full disclosure that they have not yet been contacted by Nintendo and they gave a perfectly legit reason for not having PM. We do not get the same curtsey from APEX and that bugs me.

And don't give me the non-disclosure agreement crud because even if it was that, then the APEX staff could at least say they are under a non-disclosure agreement. Which they have not done. And if they can't even say they are under a non-disclosure agreement than I'm sorry you shouldn't be signing such an extensive agreement when you have people who you know are going to be expecting answers.

APEX is the first big tourney of the year and every other TO looks to APEX as the standard and trend setter for the year. Not having PM sets a precedent that other TOs will feel the need to copy. All other TOs please do not follow APEX on this. Keep PM alive, you know that people will enter and pay, you know PM is lucrative, don't let this deter you. PM has the potential to only be bigger than last year if TOs let is stand on its own merits. When TOs host PM this year PM entrants will probably be as many or more than any Smash 4 event they have along side it.

I'm happy for you Smash Flash fans. Congrats at getting a booth. You earned it!

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
I... never thought this game would reappear... I never liked the game so... Yeah.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a fan of Smash Bros in general. As a concept, in games, in any fanmade capacity which allows me to play and view more ways, with more creators.

I wish more "fans" of the series shared my view.

Cr@zy &nger

Smash Rookie
NNID
crazydylan123
3DS FC
1332-8755-9018
I play Super Smash Flash 2 at certain times, I will admit that it's better than the first one, but what was with the anime characters, I don't hate them but it's weird seeing them in a game that has the gameplay of super smash bros.

Juggale

Smash Rookie
NNID
Juggale
3DS FC
0662-5106-9992
I love smash flash :D One of the best fan made games.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
SSF2 has nothing to do with the APEX-PM controversy so why the negative energy pointed at this article? We've been at APEX running a booth for 3 consecutive years now :/ (and we can confirm we did not pay for them to remove PM though that would be brilliant for us to use on Brawl)

Why not support other community projects that are achieving similar success as PM has?

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
PM cancelled from Apex 2015. My reaction: OK fine.....I see. It's a mod, not an official game. I get it.

Super Smash Flash gets in on Apex. My reaction:

Last edited:

FumiQyn

Banned via Warnings
ok no PM because its an ACTUAL MOD to an ACTUAL GAME. seriously calm down people, the decision was probably made because super smash flash IS NOT considered a REAL GAME. disagree with me as much as you like. see if i care.

Last edited:

XPyromanicX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eazy5Flash
3DS FC
0344-9812-7584
Ah yes, Super Smash Flash 2. I remember playing this before I got Brawl in 2010. I'm glad to see its appearance at Apex 2015.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
SSF2 has nothing to do with the APEX-PM controversy so why the negative energy pointed at this article? We've been at APEX running a booth for 3 consecutive years now :/ (and we can confirm we did not pay for them to remove PM though that would be brilliant for us to use on Brawl)

Why not support other community projects that are achieving similar success as PM has?
This is the part that gets to me.

There were articles of Nintendo being okay with fangames and the PM forums were murmuring left and right about what this means for PM.

Why the **** would SSF2 be removed after that press release from Nintendo.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
This is gold. This comment section smells like a ****ing salt mine.

Pickledpotatoes

Smash Journeyman
Nope, nope. If the removal of Project M at the apex venue (inb4 IT'S A BOOTH) was actually nintendo's decision I will be thoroughly suprised. Project M does NOT greatly affect smash 4's sales, unless every person who watches PM at Apex decides against buying smash 4 for some stupid reason. The only other reason it'd be nintendo's doing is if they were just idiots like they were when they wanted to stop the streaming of melee at evo, in which case this game probably wouldn't have a booth. Apex y

Pyr

Smash Lord
Nope, nope. If the removal of Project M at the apex venue (inb4 IT'S A BOOTH) was actually nintendo's decision I will be thoroughly suprised. Project M does NOT greatly affect smash 4's sales, unless every person who watches PM at Apex decides against buying smash 4 for some stupid reason. The only other reason it'd be nintendo's doing is if they were just idiots like they were when they wanted to stop the streaming of melee at evo, in which case this game probably wouldn't have a booth. Apex y
It wasn't Nintendo's decision. It was Apex's. CEO came out and said it. No speculation needed.

D

Deleted member

PM cancelled from Apex 2015. My reaction: OK fine.....I see. It's a mod, not an official game. I get it.

Super Smash Flash gets in on Apex. My reaction:
So uhh... lets add the 2d flash game that took 100 years less hard work and sweat and not the competitive mod that has its own section on Smashboards!
Logic at its finest. This post perfectly describes how I am feeling right now.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Um... No, this game shouldn't be at Apex instead of Project M, this is really stupid. It might be immensely popular, but PM is just better as a competitive game.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Um... No, this game shouldn't be at Apex instead of Project M, this is really stupid. It might be immensely popular, but PM is just better as a competitive game.
Who says it's their instead of anything? It's not even an event. Why can no one do some research before posting at all?

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
It wasn't Nintendo's decision. It was Apex's. CEO came out and said it. No speculation needed.
Source? As what I heard, Nintendo was absolutely involved in PM not being at APEX.

Pyr

Smash Lord

Source? As what I heard, Nintendo was absolutely involved in PM not being at APEX.
http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...2015-project-m-dropped-smash-4-likely.385503/

It's some where in here. Let me find the specific post.

Edit: http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...ed-smash-4-likely.385503/page-4#post-18322400

Do some ****ing research, people. And stop falling for every SINGLE ****ING fearmongering asshat that comes along.

Last edited:

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...2015-project-m-dropped-smash-4-likely.385503/

It's some where in here. Let me find the specific post.

Edit: http://smashboards.com/threads/mele...ed-smash-4-likely.385503/page-4#post-18322400

Do some ****ing research, people. And stop falling for every SINGLE ****ING fearmongering ****** that comes along.
...What are you talking about? You literally quoted my post twice to insist that I don't do research. Which was your exact point in each post by the way.
It's also cute you think I don't do research.
But, enough about insulting each other, with possibly witty banter. What's your point other than trying to prove I don't do research? Which I guarantee I do far more research than you do.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Logic at its finest.
i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/

look. I get that you're upset, but please don't devalue the amount of work put into SSF2 and the game's respective dev team.

Not only is it insulting to them, but you're painting yourself in an unfavorable light, which also impacts people's perception of the community you subscribe to.

SSF2 has been in development for years and they've done a good job so far with what they've done.

You'd be up in arms if SSF2 fans came and started talking **** about PMDT, no?

Whether or not one game is competitively better than the other is irrelevant.

SSF2 has a booth at Apex. Not a bracket. PM had a main game bracket at Apex. The status of these games at Apex are worlds apart. SSF2 has also had a booth at Apex for the past 3 years.

Please guys. Read the Thread lmfao.

Pyr

Smash Lord
...What are you talking about? You literally quoted my post twice to insist that I don't do research. Which was your exact point in each post by the way.
It's also cute you think I don't do research.
But, enough about insulting each other, with possibly witty banter. What's your point other than trying to prove I don't do research? Which I guarantee I do far more research than you do.
Oh great. You suck at research AND you lack reading comprehension. You wanted a source. You got it. Go take off your Fedora and take a break kiddo. It's been stated that it's a booth. Not an event. It didn't replace anything. Had P:M stayed, guess what? Smash Flash was already there and would be there either way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/

look. I get that you're upset, but please don't devalue the amount of work put into SSF2 and the game's respective dev team.

Not only is it insulting to them, but you're painting yourself in an unfavorable light, which also impacts people's perception of the community you subscribe to.

SSF2 has been in development for years and they've done a good job so far with what they've done.

You'd be up in arms if SSF2 fans came and started talking **** about PMDT, no?
Sorry, I see your point. Blind rage will only get you so far. If it was my choice I'd put Project M over it any day, but people did work hard on it and it's nice to see what once was an obscure flash game get such a huge spotlight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom