• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Melee: My anti drug

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=934]Super Smash Brothers Melee: My anti drug[/drupal]

Hello. My name is Ian Mooney, aka Cash Mooney, I'm 16, and my anti drug is a video game called Super Smash brothers Melee, and I've played this game competitively for awhile now. I decided to make a blog on this topic finally. Here it is

My dad passed away in 2005, and it happened all so sudden. One day he was just coming home from the hospital, in a wheelchair. I was annoyed, naive, foolish to the fact that he didn't stay away from home on purpose. I didn't consider how much he loved me.

So the day he came home, I didn't talk to him. I was so upset that I even pushed him away from me when he tried to give me a hug. It was disgusting, and I hate myself every second I think about it. The next day he was transported to a hospital in the Bronx, NY for a sudden problem. I woke up, and didn't care. I just sat down and watched TV, like normal. My mom later that week told me to come with her to visit him. It took me awhile, but I did.

We went to see him, I remember he was going insane, he wasn't himself anymore. He couldn't think straight. He didn't even remember who I was. It took him over an hour to notice it was me, his son, next to him at his soon to be death bed. He passed me a crucifix of his that hes had since he was a boy. He said told me he loved me, and that my time with him was too short. He told me to take care of my mom, and to be a good boy. he knew he was going to die that day, and I did too. He died 3 hours later. In an angry rage while I was home, I destroyed everything. I broke pictures, I punched walls that couldn't be broken. I was ashamed of myself. I hurt myself many times as well. My anger got out of control, and I had to find a way to calm myself down. A friend of mine gave my a new option.

I was offered drugs many times, and following my fathers wisdom(he was a police officer), I said no, more than 20 times to be exact. I've considered killing myself plenty of times. I wanted to be with my dad. I wanted to apologize for being such a naive fool, but I didn't do that either.

Why? Because of one thing. Super Smash brothers melee. This game brought me friends. Its given me money to support myself, and my mother. Its given me new friends, and a few good ones, its saved my life from foolish thoughts of suicide and drugs, and I thank fate for bringing it to me.

Super Smash Brothers Melee

My anti drug.

Renth

Smash Hero
The streets we travel down through life someday will all become a memory, to be no more than a ghost lead down the paths of sorrow. Will you be content with your life? Or will you be left a shattered soul with nothing but regrets? Ian I know your story probably better than most people the things with your dad are hard and will always plague your mind. However, you have to not think about it and go have some fun. Believe me, I know better than anyone that life is too short and can be ended in the blink of an eye. I've lost good friends who were younger than me.....

Also, Drugs are a waste and are not worth the bull ****. Keep on keeping on you'll be alright

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
The streets we travel down through life someday will all become a memory, to be no more than a ghost lead down the paths of sorrow. Will you be content with your life? Or will you be left a shattered soul with nothing but regrets? Ian I know your story probably better than most people the things with your dad are hard and will always plague your mind. However, you have to not think about it and go have some fun. Believe me, I know better than anyone that life is too short and can be ended in the blink of an eye. I've lost good friends who were younger than me.....

Also, Drugs are a waste and are not worth the bull ****. Keep on keeping on you'll be alright
Indeed you do. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

I will.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*clap clap clap*

Amazing, Cash. I'm just about on the edge of crying manly tears in my biology class, and it's awesome.

I remember my father was a drug addict. It tore his life apart, leaving me fatherless. I thought he was dead until recently, he actually got off of them a while ago and started a new family. If anything I learned from him, it's that you'll only regret drugs later in life.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Thats fantastic Cash. I'm glad you found something to help you through your problems.

<3

Top Bottom