• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Thanks for the feedback Switch, it's very much appreciated. Rest assured that all your qualms will be looked into. :)

Regarding the art, we are very, very aware of the issue and you can see a sneak peek of our new artist's work somewhere in the trailer.

Unfortunately we do not have a release date set as of yet. Very sorry.

Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Thanks for the feedback Switch, it's very much appreciated. Rest assured that all your qualms will be looked into. :)

Regarding the art, we are very, very aware of the issue and you can see a sneak peek of our new artist's work somewhere in the trailer.

Unfortunately we do not have a release date set as of yet. Very sorry.
No problem, if my kind of blunt criticism is ever needed I could always hop in and let you guys know what I think. Also, that's good to hear, I'm hoping it does happen eventually then.

I kinda figured that her tease meant new art was coming, seeing as hers looked like it was done differently. While I'm at it, her sprite looks really good, I assume @StayPuft 's magic was at work there?

That's alright. Is there no release window instead, then? Or is the build not entirely prepared yet? Either way I can wait just fine, but the sooner I get to try this out, the better.

Also, while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and apologize for messing with you guys the last time. I wasn't being too serious but it clearly bothered some so yeah. There you go.

Last edited:

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
My favorite part about this is that they forgot to put in Zelda/Sheik, Diddy and pretty much the whole Fire Emblem cast.
And didn't add characters like King K Rool.

But they did add characters like:
Petey
Knuckles
Shadow
Saki (whoever the hell that is)
Porky
Goku
Krystal
Snivy
Ristar
Mach-Rider
Gooey

Great, no no, just a great, fantastic cast of characters.
Seriously, no Zelda or Diddy, but we get ****ing Ristar and Tingle, good job,

Last edited:

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
My favorite part about this is that they forgot to put in Zelda/Sheik, Diddy and pretty much the whole Fire Emblem cast.

Petey
Knuckles
Shadow
Porky
Goku
Krystal
Snivy
Ristar
Mach-Rider
Gooey

Yup, that's it! There's definitely no chance of THOSE LOSERS ever getting in! Roster is complete, no more characters! Thanks for commenting! Don't you think this has been done to death already? If you really want to complain, you can travel back in time and talk to the original devs who added them in. Things like this won't be happening anymore. =)

I also happen to know quite a large number of people would like to see some of the characters you listed in Smash, this is all entirely opinion. I'm not saying I support their inclusion, I'm saying there's nothing we can do about it. You wouldn't want your main removed, would you?

Saki has been an assist trophy in two games now, by the way.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I have a quick question to ask. What game controllers are compatible? I only have an Xbox 360 controller at the moment.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Most controllers will be compatible, like it was stated in the trailer however you absolutely must have the necessary drivers installed. I play with an Xbox 360 controller myself so I am positive you will be just fine. =)

Spaghetti Sammy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FreshBagels
3DS FC
0104-0256-0397
Last edited:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Well that I can kinda understand...
But, I mean... Priorities.
May want to at least get Zelda and Roy/Ike in before you add Ristar and Goku

A
lso, if its been done to death, then maybe thats an actual issue the team should consider.
If you would actually bother reading, the man right here literally just told you that development back then was what allowed this kind of thing. They're working on the game differently now. Calm yourself.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Honestly I can't find many problems with the roster.

As a huge Saki Supporter and considering my DBZ fan status, characters like Saki and Goku are welcome to me so maybe the complaints are missed on me because I don't particularly hate any additions.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Also worth noting is that Ristar and Goku were added long before the current development team took over, along with the vast majority of the cast (iirc there were around 45 characters in the last demo before the shuffle).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
(iirc there were around 45 characters in the last demo before the shuffle).
Wait, wut? You guys picked up the project with more than half of the current roster already in it? I didn't know that!

But I can't complain too much with the roster as it contains a good number of highly requested ones and unique surprises as well (there's still some I believe should happen but I know this is a work in progress).

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
All aboard the Shantae hype train.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375

Petey
Knuckles
Shadow
Porky
Goku
Krystal
Snivy
Ristar
Mach-Rider
Gooey

The point of these kinds of games is to add characters that would most likely never see the light of day in an actual Smash. Why are you so agitated by the absence of characters who you could easily play as in other titles?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Dumb question, is Crusade 0.9 accessible on Windows 10? If not, will the upcoming version support it? My downloads are acting wonky w/e I finally get to downloading the the actual application, leaving all of the files, but WinRar stops responding and has to shut down.

D

Deleted member 189823

This is freaking amazing. I think my only complaint would have to be that characters seem to kill super early. Like, I've had Kirby kill with an F-Smash as early as 60% without charge.
Also, are there more stages like FD? Small "competetive" stages?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I love to play this every day in my blowoff computer class. In doing so, I think I found a glitch.

I activated my final smash as Pheonix Wright and just before it hit, an AI Jigglypuff dodged it by activating its own Final Smash causing both to be active at once, and for me to be pushed away nearly off the complete other end of the Courtroom stage from a wind box, while still giving my speech.

It's situational and not really a complaint but something I thought you should hear about, since it makes for a pretty interesting and hilarious sight.

D

Deleted member 189823

Nevermind, fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way for me to remove Geno's voice from the game? It is the only reason I will not play this game.

D

Deleted member 189823

I have yet to play with an actual, real person. But from the looks of it, this fangame seems to have plenty of competitive value going for it. ee-mo, that's excellent. Like, there's freaking Wavedash and L-Cancelling...as well as other things that make it feel "whole" as well as keeping it fresh with it's abundant roster and fast-paced gameplay (really does feel like Maylay).

From what I've gathered, this is what I think could use some improvements:

- Smaller, "competitive maps". I only play on Final Destination. Every other map is huge, and BF is a lot bigger than it should be (not sure if you guys are interested in the whole "competitive" thing, but I guess 2-3 maps of that sort wouldn't hurt).

- Not really sure on this one, but it seems a lot of characters (except, like, Bowser...lol) have lagless moveset and feel a tad "slippery".
- ^Similiarly, KO percentages. I think there are a few things that kill ridiculosly well, but having not have experimented with like 80% of the cast, I can't really judge.

Overall, I really do think you guys have done an excellent job so far. I'm really looking forward to playing with people, and checking to see if there's an actual possibility we can make a scene out of this. It's that good. I never actually payed attention to the graphics, they seem pretty fine to me... Smash Flash 2 sort of has that going for them, but I feel you guys nailed it on the gameplay aspect.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Question: Will we ever see character based :4kirby: copy abilities rather than normal Kirby powers? I'm aware that doing so with over 60 characters now will be very time consuming but I'm just curious.

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
I have yet to play with an actual, real person. But from the looks of it, this fangame seems to have plenty of competitive value going for it. ee-mo, that's excellent. Like, there's freaking Wavedash and L-Cancelling...as well as other things that make it feel "whole" as well as keeping it fresh with it's abundant roster and fast-paced gameplay (really does feel like Maylay).

- Smaller, "competitive maps". I only play on Final Destination. Every other map is huge, and BF is a lot bigger than it should be (not sure if you guys are interested in the whole "competitive" thing, but I guess 2-3 maps of that sort wouldn't hurt).

- Not really sure on this one, but it seems a lot of characters (except, like, Bowser...lol) have lagless moveset and feel a tad "slippery".
- ^Similiarly, KO percentages. I think there are a few things that kill ridiculosly well, but having not have experimented with like 80% of the cast, I can't really judge.

Overall, I really do think you guys have done an excellent job so far. I'm really looking forward to playing with people, and checking to see if there's an actual possibility we can make a scene out of this. It's that good. I never actually payed attention to the graphics, they seem pretty fine to me... Smash Flash 2 sort of has that going for them, but I feel you guys nailed it on the gameplay aspect.
In the last direct, they said they would increase character sizes.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Is there any way for me to remove Geno's voice from the game? It is the only reason I will not play this game.
Don't worry, we'll do something about that voice

Thanks for the feedback. As shown on the latest trailer, we have looked at the problem with the scale of the knockback and stages, and further changes might take place. Movement is being tweaked as well. There will also be more stages suited for competitive play.
Question: Will we ever see character based :4kirby: copy abilities rather than normal Kirby powers? I'm aware that doing so with over 60 characters now will be very time consuming but I'm just curious.
It's unlikely, but I wouldn't say "never".

UcheD914

Smash Cadet
I saw that...
Shantae, the 1/2 Genie Guardian of Scuttle Town, will make the cut for Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

Will the voluptuous buccaneer, the self-named "Queen of the 7 Seas", Risky Boots be in as well?

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
From what I gathered on Facebook and some of the forums on Crusade, there is yet to be a release window for the newest build. The neat images and updates on their Facebook page are nice, though.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Eveyone here getting ready for some more 9.1 news, and I'm just here waiting for my Crusade forum registration to be approved :/

Dr. Mario? That's... a little disappointing, to be honest.

Still hoping for K. Rool and Bandana Dee, but since Diddy and Dedede haven't been added yet, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Top Bottom