• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Why can't we have a survival horror character?
I vote Pyramid Head.
How about Jill Valentine.
I mean, they have sprite sheets from Marvel Vs. Capcom and Project X Zone they could work with.

EDIT:And if they want a monster, Nemesis has sprites from Project X Zone as well.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
But Jill would just be somewhat of a Snake clone with monsters by her side, and would be much harder to implement with such monsters. Plus, she'd need to have her entire sprite sheet remade from scratch, which would take somewhat forever to do.

Pyramid Head on the other hand, can be feasible since he does wield his Giant Knife and uses some decent attacks. He'd be somewhat easier to sprite, since he wouldn't need much sprites anyways.

If he were in, he could have the following stuff:

-The slowest walk speed, fourth slowest dashing speed and twelfth slowest air speed (thanks to his head for the speed) in the game.
-Has a very low jump and double jump, as well as the tenth fastest falling speed in the game.
-As a trade off, he has medium armor on his walking animations, meaning only a strong attack can get him. His pyramid head can also clank with projectiles.
-As a trade off, his tilts deal a minimum of 15% damage and a maximum of 25% damage.
-As a trade off, his smash attacks, albeit the slowest in the game, all have Super Armor while charging and active, meaning he can take damage, but won't flinch. As well, they are the most powerful and longest ranged smash attacks to compensate for their speed, dishing out a maximum of 100% damage fully charged.
-His aerials could be of moderate speed, and of modest power as they'd deal a maximum of 13% damage each aerial.
-He'd have 3 meteors; D-Tilt, F-Air and D-Air.

But all of this is speculation.

Ultimate Shadow

Smash Rookie
Aaaaaaaaand What About Zero,Since There Is Only ONE MegaMan Character And That Is Megaman And His Alternate Costume MegaMan X.So There REALLY Should Be Zero Shoudn't Be There?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Seriously, Survival Horror needs to get in on this.
We have Racing, Shooting, Action, Adventure, RPG, Platforming and everything except Survival Horror represented in this.

So I really think Pyramid Head should get in, since Konami has little 3rd Party representation compared to Capcom and Sega. Pyramid Head would be a unique and great addition to the game, and would make more people play the game since he'd be in it. It wouldn't be a bad idea.

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Actually, that wiki is correct on that trivia point. A long time ago, this game had X instead of classic Mega Man. However, this means literally nothing for the future.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Seriously, Survival Horror needs to get in on this.
We have Racing, Shooting, Action, Adventure, RPG, Platforming and everything except Survival Horror represented in this.

So I really think Pyramid Head should get in, since Konami has little 3rd Party representation compared to Capcom and Sega. Pyramid Head would be a unique and great addition to the game, and would make more people play the game since he'd be in it. It wouldn't be a bad idea.
What about the main character from Eternal Darkness?

But Jill would just be somewhat of a Snake clone with monsters by her side, and would be much harder to implement with such monsters.
Base her move set from Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
If they decide to put a survival horror character in the game I'd rather have Leon S. Kennedy.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
What about the main character from Eternal Darkness?

Base her move set from Marvel vs Capcom 2.
Eternal Darkness isn't as known as Silent Hill. Pyramid Head would be a better choice for a character because he'd be one of, if not the most unique, character in the game. Ultra-heavyweight (heavier than even Giga Bowser), slow walking, moderate running, low jumping, high recovery, light armor on low damages, extremely powerful Smash attacks with heavy armor on full animation and cover around him (downside is, is they're extremely slow).

As for Jill's moveset, I'd rather see her with a more gun-based moveset instead of her MvC2 moveset. It's just a personal preference.

If they decide to put a survival horror character in the game I'd rather have Leon S. Kennedy.
Seconded...literally, if he can't be in any real fighting game, then he should be in a fighting fangame at least. Leon would be a better choice of a fighter than Jill Valentine, because you'd have more to work off of with him at least. Take from RE2 and RE4, you'd have attacks like a roundhouse kick, low drop kick, suplex, scissor kick (from Wesker), thrust punch (from Wesker), double roundhouse (from Krauser), punt (from HUNK), and a shoulder bash (from RE2 when attacked). Then you'd also have his knife based, gun based and grenade based attacks. So much you can do with him, like Pyramid Head.

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Eternal Darkness isn't as known as Silent Hill. Pyramid Head would be a better choice for a character because he'd be one of, if not the most unique, character in the game. Ultra-heavyweight (heavier than even Giga Bowser), slow walking, moderate running, low jumping, high recovery, light armor on low damages, extremely powerful Smash attacks with heavy armor on full animation and cover around him (downside is, is they're extremely slow).

As for Jill's moveset, I'd rather see her with a more gun-based moveset instead of her MvC2 moveset. It's just a personal preference.

Seconded...literally, if he can't be in any real fighting game, then he should be in a fighting fangame at least. Leon would be a better choice of a fighter than Jill Valentine, because you'd have more to work off of with him at least. Take from RE2 and RE4, you'd have attacks like a roundhouse kick, low drop kick, suplex, scissor kick (from Wesker), thrust punch (from Wesker), double roundhouse (from Krauser), punt (from HUNK), and a shoulder bash (from RE2 when attacked). Then you'd also have his knife based, gun based and grenade based attacks. So much you can do with him, like Pyramid Head.
Honestly I think Capcom already has enough representation, same with Sega. Sure Pyramid would be interesting. You can make anyone's playstyle look interesting with or without the source material. I was only mentioning Eternal Darkness and the main character Alexandra Rovias because it would be grsat to see some lesser known/popular franchises get a spotlight in some of the fan smash games.

Then again I'm not on the dev team or contributed anything into the game so it might not matter anyway. lol

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Well, given source material, Pyramid Head has a few attacks:

Blade Charge - Based off his attack in the first movie and Homecoming, it would be his F-Smash with some Super Armor.
Blade Thrust and Wiggle - Based off his attack in Silent Hill 2, would be his F-Tilt and does 3 hits.
Double Blade Swing - Based off James' Attack in Silent Hill 2, would be his Jab combo.
Body Opener - Based off his Fatality in Silent Hill: Homecoming, it would be his U-Tilt. (Get the joke?)
Overhead Slash - Based off his attack in Silent Hill 2, it would be his U-Smash, having Super Armor all the way, extreme power (akin to Warlock Punch) and hitting everywhere around him to compensate its slow speed.
Choke - Based off the attack in Silent Hill 2, it would be his Grab.
Throw - Based off his attack in the first movie, it would be his Forward Throw.
Spear - Based off his second variation in Silent Hill 2, he could use a spear and jab opponents how ever many times he wants.

So yeah, he'd already have some basis for his playstyle.
Again, his attacks are always slow and he's almost impervious to hits, so go by source material and make him the slowest, heaviest, low jump-est, most powerful character in the game. And give him Super Armor on his Smashes, as well as a great recovery move to compensate all the bad things. It would make him balanced.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Well, given source material, Pyramid Head has a few attacks:

Blade Charge - Based off his attack in the first movie and Homecoming, it would be his F-Smash with some Super Armor.
Blade Thrust and Wiggle - Based off his attack in Silent Hill 2, would be his F-Tilt and does 3 hits.
Double Blade Swing - Based off James' Attack in Silent Hill 2, would be his Jab combo.
Body Opener - Based off his Fatality in Silent Hill: Homecoming, it would be his U-Tilt. (Get the joke?)
Overhead Slash - Based off his attack in Silent Hill 2, it would be his U-Smash, having Super Armor all the way, extreme power (akin to Warlock Punch) and hitting everywhere around him to compensate its slow speed.
Choke - Based off the attack in Silent Hill 2, it would be his Grab.
Throw - Based off his attack in the first movie, it would be his Forward Throw.
Spear - Based off his second variation in Silent Hill 2, he could use a spear and jab opponents how ever many times he wants.

So yeah, he'd already have some basis for his playstyle.
Again, his attacks are always slow and he's almost impervious to hits, so go by source material and make him the slowest, heaviest, low jump-est, most powerful character in the game. And give him Super Armor on his Smashes, as well as a great recovery move to compensate all the bad things. It would make him balanced.
So why Pyramid Head before a Resident Evil character

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So why Pyramid Head before a Resident Evil character
Ten Reasons:
Antagonist, monster, iconic, iconic weapon, no need for voices, scary, can have an inspired moveset, unique, would add more players and lastly...

He at least has been on one Nintendo game, like the Resident Evil characters have been.

Ultimate Shadow

Smash Rookie
Hmm,I Think The Falling Speed Of Character Should Increase A Little Bit.:)

Also,Is It Just Me Or Luigi's Upeercut Move Is Really Overpowered A Little?Because I Have Only Taken 35% Damage And He Just Upercuts Me Out Of The Stage Like A SoccerBall.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

BTW,Will Naruto Be Added To The Character Roster Or Not?

Last edited:

SmashJC

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is over powered, if used well, he's invencible in turbo mode, 2strongsmashattacks, same goes for Jigglypuff

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Hmm,I Think The Falling Speed Of Character Should Increase A Little Bit.:)

Also,Is It Just Me Or Luigi's Upeercut Move Is Really Overpowered A Little?Because I Have Only Taken 35% Damage And He Just Upercuts Me Out Of The Stage Like A SoccerBall.:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

BTW,Will Naruto Be Added To The Character Roster Or Not?
They said Goku would be the only 4th party character in the game so no.

He is in Super Smash Flash 2 though.

Last edited:

Biogoji

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1306-4994-7436
Needs more Roy, Banjo and Kazoie, King Dedede, Subzero and Dragonite but I like what I see so far.

Tetriser

Smash Rookie
I have many character suggestions, can you add characters from Kid Icarus: Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit? And also, Charizard and Shulk?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a head's up guys: They already have their roster fully planned out, they just aren't revealing it to the public.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I tried out the demo today and I've got to say you guys have done a really great job! I really like how it plays and it just makes me want Rayman, Saki Amamiya and Phoenix Wright in Smash 4 even more. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the next version.

Top Bottom