• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Is the next demo having any moar characters? I won't mad if not (after all, the current roster is already larger the largest official Smash game (4)).

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
What happened to my sig? I swear i had Crusade dev stuff there at one point.
Edit: never mind, smashboards was glitchy for a moment on my end

@ FunkyPanda FunkyPanda No need to get rude about it. I was the one hosting that booth, and I am merely stating that the new version is not done yet. If it were, it would have been released. Yes we are testing now but that doesnt mean we're done working on the build. There is a ton of work left to do.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
you guys should add another metroid character like maybe Dark Samus
Project Crusade has the full roster already planned out.

However, the roster list will not be revealed to the public.

While I'm here, can I have a list of all the combo names (good, great, smashing, legendary, etc.) and how many hits each combo name uses?

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
So are you guy's planning on updating saki's moves and sprites in a future release? He could use a bit of work as his sprites are a little, lets say "poor quality"

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
So are you guy's planning on updating saki's moves and sprites in a future release? He could use a bit of work as his sprites are a little, lets say "poor quality"
I could say the same about Zero Suit Samus and the Star Fox characters.

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
Dont worry, many characters will be receiving sprite overhauls eventually. If you or anyone you know would like to help speed this process along and have a talent for sprites, you can apply to the team here!

Some of these upgrades will also include moveset upgrades, though i cant confirm specifics, you'll have to wait and see!
Thanks for the info

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
While I'm here, can I have a list of all the combo names (good, great, smashing, legendary, etc.) and how many hits each combo name uses?
Well, I don't know the numbers for combo but since I'm the announcer I can confirm the names are as follows:
Nice
Good
Very Good
Great
Excellent
Super
Awesome
Amazing
Viewtiful (In-game it say 'Beautiful')
Crazy
Fantastic
Outstanding
Manly
Incredible
Monster
Unstoppable
Legendary
Godlike
Crusader
Smashing!

Fun Fact: There were originally a lot less than this, but I improvised a number of them to beef up the variety.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, I don't know the numbers for combo but since I'm the announcer I can confirm the names are as follows:
Nice
Good
Very Good
Great
Excellent
Super
Awesome
Amazing
Viewtiful (In-game it say 'Beautiful')
Crazy
Fantastic
Outstanding
Manly
Incredible
Monster
Unstoppable
Legendary
Godlike
Crusader
Smashing!

Fun Fact: There were originally a lot less than this, but I improvised a number of them to beef up the variety.
Thanks! And I must say I love your work in this game!

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Thanks, although I've gotten a better mic since my last time recording for the game so I may just redo everything again so it sounds better... again.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Not going to lie, but I'm happy on how this game is turning out so far. I think I was still in elementary and I saw a basic demo of it on yoyogames. Man, has that changed so much you can't even compare to that very old demo to what it is now. Can't wait to see even more in the future!

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
At the moment only 6 player smash. 8 player smash would be possible but it could hurt the framerate for a lot of people, so it wouldnt be a possibility until we can implement options to limit the number of opponents that can appear in single player modes and otherwise

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
Hi,

Only just stumbled onto this and it's amazing. What i want to find out is does anyone know how i can get it to run on my raspberry pi 2?
Is it even possible? This would be amazing to play 4 + player using xbox controllers

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
We don't take character suggestions, however if you would like to discuss a character (whether in-game or otherwise) i highly recommend visiting our forum at projectcrusade.forumotion.com

That said, our community does have weight when the devs discuss things behind closed doors. You're always free to share your thoughts on anything!

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
v0.9.1 Controls Setup Revamp!

We're back with a brand new controls setup interface! What new features can you find?

Stay tuned, more v0.9.1 information is coming soon!

D

Deleted member

Is this game going to take any ideas from 4? It's one of the last good SmashFan games in existance....

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I really hope that you guys make the Crusade Air Dodge mechanic one where you can immediately attack from it, in the future versions. Because as it stands now, the character kind of lags at the end of the Air Dodge before attacking.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Is this game going to take any ideas from 4? It's one of the last good SmashFan games in existance....
Thanks, we're looking at all of these games.
I really hope that you guys make the Crusade Air Dodge mechanic one where you can immediately attack from it, in the future versions. Because as it stands now, the character kind of lags at the end of the Air Dodge before attacking.
That sounds pretty cool IMO; we'll look into that.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a couple questions, will we see the following in the next update:

- Changing costumes by the press of buttons?
- Final Smash possible in Training Mode?
- Able to go back a previous page by pressing/holding the B (Special) button?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Other than the Crusade Air Dodge having you act an attack out of it quickly, I have a few other neat suggestions:

-In the main menu, you should have stars that move around at random directions in the background and in random amounts and speeds.

-Whenever the opponent is hit with a very strong, guaranteed KO attack, there should be a moment where that area goes into a "Negative Zone", with an accompanying fading out and fading in of the music and an accompanying raising and lowering sound. It would add some neat effects to the way the opponent is KO'd, and give it a dramatic effect no less.

-If I were to change up the Screen KO, it'd be to where the screen cracks temporarily whenever the opponent hits it, and has an accompanying 'glass crack' sound. Just make sure to make it quick no less.

-Lastly, this is a stretch, but add an Ultra Combo. The Ultra Combo Meter is one where you'd have to take pure damage and at the end of it, you get to unleash a wave of the character's normal and special attacks; the Ultra is more powerful than a Final Smash. It's a stretch and likely not to get in anyways, but would add a fun new thing and could be a selection similar to how you can select Air Dodges, where you can select between Final Smashes and Ultra Combos.

Now as for character changes, I think may have to post them on the Crusade Forums completely, because I shouldn't try fitting it all here.

Tetriser

Smash Rookie
Do you have planned to make an introduction animation before the game starts? Like in SSF2 or any other SSB games?

Ultimate Shadow

Smash Rookie
I've Been Playing This Game For Quite A While Now And Have To Admit It Is Te Best 2D Smash Game.Though There Are Some Bugs I Faced:

1.If A Character Has High Damage Like 363 or Higher Whenever you Light Attack Them And They Hit Cieling They Sometimes Roll Like They Are Falling Even When They Are On The Ground Or Sometimes They Freeze For 5 Seconds OR Until They Get Hit.

2.The Hyrule Temple (Legend Of Zelda) Stage Makes The Game Screen Blue And Crashes.

Also,Do You Think Silver Can Be Added To This Game? Just Asking Though

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I've Been Playing This Game For Quite A While Now And Have To Admit It Is Te Best 2D Smash Game.Though There Are Some Bugs I Faced:

1.If A Character Has High Damage Like 363 or Higher Whenever you Light Attack Them And They Hit Cieling They Sometimes Roll Like They Are Falling Even When They Are On The Ground Or Sometimes They Freeze For 5 Seconds OR Until They Get Hit.

2.The Hyrule Temple (Legend Of Zelda) Stage Makes The Game Screen Blue And Crashes.

Also,Do You Think Silver Can Be Added To This Game? Just Asking Though
I think there are enough Sonic characters as there are.

Top Bottom