• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super smash bros. Weekend @ r.u. Game? Cash prizes! Win choice of gaming system!

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
SUPER SMASH BROS. WEEKEND! @ R.U. GAME?
When: October 26th, 27th, and 28th!
Where:
306 Brandon Town Center Mall
Brandon, FL 33511
Time: 3pm
Buy in (sign up at Brandon or Tampa stores. Visit our website www.rugamestore.com for addresses and hours of operation!):
Smash Bros 64: $7
Melee: $10
Brawl: $15
Brawler's Special: $30 Participate In All 3 Tournaments! (Any and ALL competitors that finish in the top 3 in all 3 tournaments will win a choice of BRAND NEW gaming system along with their cash prizes!)

PRIZES!!!!
64 (Oct 26th):
1st= $100
2nd= $50
3rd= $25

Melee (Oct 27th):
1st= $150
2nd= $75
3rd= $50

Brawl (Oct 28th):
1st= $200 + CHOICE of BRAND NEW GAMING SYSTEM!
(Pick from Xbox 360 250gb, PS3 Slim 160gb, Wii, 3DS, 3DS XL, or PSVita 3G WiFi)
2nd= $100
3rd= $75
4th= $50
5th= $25
6th= $15

64 Ruleset:
Singles
5 stock
ITEMS OFF!
Time Limit Off
Stages: Congo Jungle, Hyrule Castle, Dreamland, Peach's Castle
Pausing is NOT ALLOWED!
Bring your own controller! You may borrow a friend's or purchase one from the store if you do not have one!
All characters unlocked!

Melee Ruleset:
Singles
3-5 Stock (depending on number of entrants)
Items Off!
Time Limit Off!
Random Stage Select including the following stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland, & Pokemon Stadium
METAKNIGHT BANNED!
Bring your own controller! No modded or third party allowed (wavebirds ok)!
All characters unlocked!

Brawl Ruleset:
Singles
3-5 Stock (depending on number of entrants)
Items Off!
Time Limit Off!
Random Stage Select including the following stages: Battlefield, Castle Siege, Final Destination, Lyat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Smashville, Yoshis Island, Delfino Plaza, and Pokemon Stadium 2
Metaknight BANNED!
Bring your own controller! No modded or third party allowed (wavebirds ok)!
All characters unlocked!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hmmm I don't think I know of anyone in FL that can take that $100 away from me in ssb64.

Hopefully I can make it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Items should be OFF for ssb64. If they're off for brawl and melee they should be off for ssb64.

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
why doesn't the gainesville store hold these anymore? :urg:
Last tournament we had scheduled there didn't have a turn out. The one before that had a bunch of sore losers and whiners who made the tournament unenjoyable for the other contestants. Therefore, we decided that it was in our best interest to discontinue tournaments in Gainesville. Next year we'll give it another go and hopefully the same people don't ruin it for all the cool people like yourself! ;)

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Last tournament we had scheduled there didn't have a turn out. The one before that had a bunch of sore losers and whiners who made the tournament unenjoyable for the other contestants. Therefore, we decided that it was in our best interest to discontinue tournaments in Gainesville. Next year we'll give it another go and hopefully the same people don't ruin it for all the cool people like yourself! ;)
Which one are you referring to? The last one I remember was last November and when there was suppose to be another one after that I tried to sign up there and they just didn't want to hold it. Anyways, I look forward to them in the future :cool:

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
Which one are you referring to? The last one I remember was last November and when there was suppose to be another one after that I tried to sign up there and they just didn't want to hold it. Anyways, I look forward to them in the future :cool:
We didn't hold it because there was not enough interest for that tournament. We only had a few people wanting to sign up. Not enough for a tournament. :c

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Lol you're barking up the wrong tree with that comment.

But there's no way i could go anyway really. I live in NFLD lol.

I just want the smash64 tourney you are hosting to be taken seriously, sorry if you don't.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I agree with Surri. As an ssb64 player it's pretty lame that you want items on for ssb64 but not melee or brawl, as if it's more of a casual game or something.

I'm pretty confident that I'd still win despite items being on, but items just add more variance and potentially help lesser skilled players even the playing field.

Obviously it's your store though and you can do as you please.

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
I agree with Surri. As an ssb64 player it's pretty lame that you want items on for ssb64 but not melee or brawl, as if it's more of a casual game or something.

I'm pretty confident that I'd still win despite items being on, but items just add more variance and potentially help lesser skilled players even the playing field.

Obviously it's your store though and you can do as you please.
We are holding a vote on our FB account letting the players decide. So far it's 16-3 for items ON! Our tournaments are always a blast with both casual and hardcore smash players having a good time. As with all SSB tournaments....only the hardcore take home the money. Our tournaments here in Tampa Bay have a huge following.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
We are holding a vote on our FB account letting the players decide. So far it's 16-3 for items ON! Our tournaments are always a blast with both casual and hardcore smash players having a good time. As with all SSB tournaments....only the hardcore take home the money. Our tournaments here in Tampa Bay have a huge following.
Items being on in any smash game is a turn off to any competitive smash player. Like I said it adds an incredible amount of variance and allows lesser skilled players more of a chance when a hammer randomly spawns next to them and they get one of my stocks for free.

Items being on is certainly appealing to casual players though. If you're willing to sacrifice competitive turnout for more of a casual turn out, that's your choice.

And smashboards is a website geared towards competitive play, not casual. So advertising items on tourneys is never going to get a warm reception on here.

No venom intended, just trying to explain to you why items being on upsets people on here. Items being on is pretty discouraging for me, so there's probably less of a chance I'll come now.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So at this point you're just an internet troll? Someone needs a new hobby.
Actually im a player whos very interested in smash64.

You're just being overly defensive lol.

As i said i want your tourney to go well for smash64, and be respectable. This is not me trolling, your smash64 tourney will be an insult too the entire smash64 community if you force items for this game while not for the other two.

Maybe i was a bit trollish at the start, but seriously the items thing is nonsense.

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
Items being on in any smash game is a turn off to any competitive smash player. Like I said it adds an incredible amount of variance and allows lesser skilled players more of a chance when a hammer randomly spawns next to them and they get one of my stocks for free.

Items being on is certainly appealing to casual players though. If you're willing to sacrifice competitive turnout for more of a casual turn out, that's your choice.

And smashboards is a website geared towards competitive play, not casual. So advertising items on tourneys is never going to get a warm reception on here.

No venom intended, just trying to explain to you why items being on upsets people on here. Items being on is pretty discouraging for me, so there's probably less of a chance I'll come now.
You don't have to participate in the 64 tournament...there's 3 tournaments in 3 days. Plenty of time to decide and/or prepare as well. We aren't trying to anger people by any means. But we don't force people to come either! We can't please everyone. It's not possible. All we offer is a good time and a chance to win some sweet cash and prizes. If only noobs would vote to have items on than it should be easy pickins for good players....what's to complain about there??? ;) If it bothers you or anyone else for that matter that is serious about coming and not just trolling like Surri feel free to vote on our FB page and rally a few friends and we would be happy to turn items off. Majority rules on this one. Voting ends Sept 1st.

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
Actually im a player whos very interested in smash64.

You're just being overly defensive lol.

As i said i want your tourney to go well for smash64, and be respectable. This is not me trolling, your smash64 tourney will be an insult too the entire smash64 community if you force items for this game while not for the other two.

Maybe i was a bit trollish at the start, but seriously the items thing is nonsense.
We are not forcing anything......that's what a voting poll is for. Majority vote rules. Current standing is 16-4 items ON.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It's better this way. You'll see that ssb64 is not a party game once the competitive players meet the casual players.

Major difference in skill level.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Bam. 24-17. Items off. Now that wasn't so hard was it? Glad you guys actually got involved in the voting process instead of just standing by. That's what we like to see!

:phone:

:phone:
This was always the intent, to make your smash64 tourney the best it can be.

I read the thread and there was no indication of a voting system, other wise i would have done that from the start. You just became overly defensive when i presented my opinion.

I was a bit trolling because items on is a slap in the face to smash64 players, so forgive me for that...but ultimately you should thank me and sheer ;D

Btw just as a random question, did you block me from your FB page, i cannot seem to access it to vote O_O

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
This was always the intent, to make your smash64 tourney the best it can be.

I read the thread and there was no indication of a voting system, other wise i would have done that from the start. You just became overly defensive when i presented my opinion.

I was a bit trolling because items on is a slap in the face to smash64 players, so forgive me for that...but ultimately you should thank me and sheer ;D

Btw just as a random question, did you block me from your FB page, i cannot seem to access it to vote O_O
You have to like the page to vote. There would be no way to block you without knowing your name. You are not blocked.

Without your trolling we wouldn't have added the poll in the first place. So yes! Thank you! ;)

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You have to like the page to vote. There would be no way to block you without knowing your name. You are not blocked.

Without your trolling we wouldn't have added the poll in the first place. So yes! Thank you! ;)

What i mean about the FB page is when i click a link to it, it just sends to me my home page :(

Lol oh so there wasn't a poll for the items prior to my complaint?

RUGAMESTORE.COM

Smash Cadet
What i mean about the FB page is when i click a link to it, it just sends to me my home page :(

Lol oh so there wasn't a poll for the items prior to my complaint?
Not sure what the deal is. Are you trying to get to our FB page via www.rugamestore.com??? Try searching R.U. GAME? in the search bar on FB from your home page.

There was no poll prior to your complaint.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Not sure what the deal is. Are you trying to get to our FB page via www.rugamestore.com??? Try searching R.U. GAME? in the search bar on FB from your home page.

There was no poll prior to your complaint.
I used a link posted by someone else to your FB page, it works for others, but not for some. (it's not only me having this error)

I also tried searching RU Games but i couldn't find it :(

Top Bottom