• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2 Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate must have been a lot of money to make for the characters, stages, music, spirits, actors, etc.

If you want every fighter so far to return in the sequel which I'll now call

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 2
They're gonna need a bigger budget than they ever did for the first Ultimate.
Which is why I want to find someone who's capable of doing

KICKSTARTERS!! (I have no experience on those, sadly, so I want to let someone who does know)
It'll take much more than Nintendo can afford, such as, of course, a huge horde of donations by fans to make this all happen.
With the Kickstarter, perhaps Sakurai will know.
Now, PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS IMPORTANT!!
I'm NOT asking Sakurai to immediately start production/development after the Kickstarter ends.
He needs a break now of course.
I'd just like to donate a lot of money to him to save for the next Smash Bros. when he's ready for it.
And it'll need to be overwhelmingly big chunks of cash.
My goal would be to give him 10 times the amount he had for all of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.
On top of that, I highly recommend, this would be a first for Smash Bros,
a CO-Director, someone Sakurai can trust in doing the directing, lightening up his load by a big amount.

OK, I'm not good at making speeches. Someone else will probably understand my point and let out a better version of what my idea is about.

Last edited:

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I mean, I was hoping I found a way to inspire someone out there with something they didn't even think of.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Do you even know what a kickstarter is?

This is getting REALLY suspicious now, sounds a lot like a scam or money laundering scheme instead of just naivety at this point.
I wasn't scamming!! Surely, someone needs to find a good and legal way for us to donate money to Sakurai to save for the next Super Smash Bros. if he wants all the fighters to return plus new challengers.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
My goal would be to give him 10 times the amount he had for all of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 1.
Crowdfunding campaigns never earn that amount. The most funded Kickstarter only earned about 20 million dollars while SSBU would need a lot more to license everything.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Do you even know what a kickstarter is?

This is getting REALLY suspicious now, sounds a lot like a scam or money laundering scheme instead of just niavety at this point.
TBH you can't do much of a scam if you are asking someone else to set up the kickstarter lol. It's really naive to think that a kickstarter would reach anywhere near the amount but it doesn't really seem like a scam lol

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m going to address a few things that I think you are missing here Dillon…

1) I don’t think you understand how a Kickstarter works. Kickstarter is generally for projects or people who could use a little boost due to lack of starting funds or a small development team. Nintendo is Japan’s richest company. Do people make Kickstarters for Amazon so they can put forth a new program? Do people make kickstarters for Sony so they can makePSASBR 2? The answer to both is no and Nintendo is in the same boat. They don’t need a Kickstarter to start the next Smash because they have the funds, the team, and the vision to do so.

2) There is a high probability that Nintendo will either reject the donation as, being a company, they can’t legally accept it. Kickstarter may be terminate the Kickstarter for violation of rules of conduct. I don’t know much about Kickstarter other than the basics and I don’t care to dive in it further.

3) Sakurai has stated numerous times since DLC ended that he’s done with Ultimate and their aren’t any plans to make new dlc or even to start a new game. From what we can tell, a new game is not on the horizon but he has also stated recently that he feels the series can’t continue without him. This was based on a Famitarticle that was put out recently.

Your insistence on utilizing Kickstarter, a platform meant for fledgling developers or seasoned ones looking to get a passionproject off the ground, indicates your misunderstanding how these things work. In addition, constantly asking people to do something for you and not wanting to take any of the workload to do it shows a lack of understanding. This is like the fourth Kickstarter thread you made with each time being met with skepticism and ridicule. When you first started posted again, I had hoped that perhaps you have changed or grown up since Smash 4’a development cycle. Back then, you we’re obsessed with Sakurai’s name and his ability to speak English. That got you into trouble. I see this whole Kickstarter fixation to be a repeat of this so I’m going to let you know this…

Continuing to post threads about Kickstarting anything related to Smash will result in warnings issued onto your account. If you are able to make an actual Kickstarter and shows that you did the research and prepared for it, please send it to one of the moderators or admins and we will see if it’s something we want to actually endorse as a site. Other than that, continuing to post about doing a Kickstarter, especially when making a thread, will be a warning. I’ll be locking this thread. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom