• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger Contest Announced

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Today, Nintendo announced the Super Smash Bros. People's Challenger Contest! The winners of this contest will have a chance to play Super Smash Bros. for Wii U against one of the Smash Brothers Invitational winners. Participants will create a 15 second Instagram video explaining why they should get the opportunity to play against the best! If you're itching to get some play time in early this might be your best way! Learn more about the contest and how to enter below.

For the full official rules, click here.

The Derrit probably won't make a video, but you really should. Like seriously. Right now. You should also follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit right now. Like seriously.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
FIRST!

Also, why not? I'll make a video, it'd be kinda cool to get my hands on it early!

Edit: My wife has decided to make a video. She plans her reason to be "It would make my husband so jealous I'd be able to rub it in in face for YEARS." ... Clever and true...

Last edited:

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I wish I could participate, but I go on a deployment right after E3 ends, and I have preparations to do... Guess I'll wait til Christmas to get the WiiU version then.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
the age -.- yyy

Rawrior

Smash Apprentice
What do they mean when they say "One of the winners" from the invitationals?

Are there going to be multiple winners? How?

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Calling it, someone is going to do a video based off the original Smash Bros commercial with the Smash 4 Characters.

Forsage

Smash Rookie
NNID
WisdomAndCourage
Although the graphic states that you must live in the United States, the official rules include Canada as part of the participants (although they exclude Quebec).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The one time I'm tempted to get an Instagram...not sure if it's a good enough reason to get one.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I'm really surprised by the 18 and older requirement, it's going to be interesting when a 30 year old wins.
Why would that be interesting? The average age of a gamer in the US is 30. Until a couple of years ago it was 37.

The world doesn't revolve around the late-teen age bracket. In fact, everybody younger than 21 pretty much sucks. I know I sucked when I was that age.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Why would that be interesting? The average age of a gamer in the US is 30. Until a couple of years ago it was 37.

The world doesn't revolve around the late-teen age bracket. In fact, everybody younger than 21 pretty much sucks. I know I sucked when I was that age.
Bro, I dunked ESAM. Tell me I suck. Wizzy doin' good too. PPU. Hail naw.

Either way, gonna be chillin' in the Best Buy. Woot woot!

Hiro of Time

Smash Rookie
Submission: Nintendo, I think I deserve this because I'm the best player ever and I know how to wave dash an--
Nintendo: PLISS UNDASTAND.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Interesting! This is a great way to advertize for SSb4... Nintendo is pulling out all the stops, huh?

Also: Remember that your anonymous age is a gift here. Don't give it away without thinking.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Well I submitted my entry. I figure it was worth a shot.

If anyone is curious and has an instagram, search up coop_boii. That's me lol

Good luck to all the other entries.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
*Goes on screen with Reggie costume*
"I deserve this because I look like my body is ready."

But sadly, the cursed "18 and older" has brought down its mighty wrath upon me, and I cannot enter.
But if it could, I promise it would be great.

Wolfeon24

Smash Rookie
Im not 18 and I still newbish at smash but, I think I should give it a shot and hope they dont care.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
What do they mean when they say "One of the winners" from the invitationals?

Are there going to be multiple winners? How?
This is a very good point. We can only hope that this doesn't hint at more depressing news, such as each match being FFAs. Also, won't this give us a chance to see who was actually invited, since the people who would've been invited wouldn't need to make a video.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801

From late teens until early twenties, life is nothing but petty drama and a lack of appreciation for scotch. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, threw it away and bought a suit, looked amazing.
Somebody had some bad teenage years O.o

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I FEEL 18...

...anyway best of luck to whoever gets in

Groose

Smash Champion
Thinking about whipping out my Groose cosplay gear for this occasion. The trick to this type of contest is getting noticed amidst the crowd, and I intend to do just that.

Top Bottom