• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Odyssey

super_sonic

Smash Journeyman
in hylule castle,northeast tower room 472
This story took for-fricking-ever to read and frankly, it sucked... NOT! I enjoyed every second of it. I shall continue to be a faithful reader. One complaint though, and it was with Link and Nightmares relationship. You barely even mentioned the fact Link met Nightmare before. I mean, during the fight, there was moves Nightmare did that made Link be surprised Nightmare could do that, even though he saw nightmare deal out even more in soul calibur. Besides that one minor complaint... THIS STORY KICKS ***!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I can already see how Zelda's dream will come true. Link is now wearing green and Ganondorf is angry people aren't taking him seriously so he will probablly act more evil towards the end. Great story by the way and what is taking so long man?

Edit: Seriously though, what is taking so long? You can at least post a reply or something, I'm starting to think you are dead in a ditch somewhere...

awesome

Smash Apprentice
This is one of the better stories I've read recently. Good jorb.

oh, and DK kidnapped Paula, not Daisy.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys. It's been a while, huh? I'm surprised I'm still getting new readers for this, even with my erradic updating schedule.

Alright, I know the burning question on everyone's mind: WHERE THE TRIPLE-H3LL IS THE NEXT UPDATE?!! The simple answer: a stunning "I don't know..."

But DON'T take this as my resignation from the story. Believe it or not, I'm still very interested in writing and finishing this fic. My problem is coming up with material. As most of you know, coming up with all this is anything but easy, and it's not something that can be forced, or it comes out as garbage.

Take my last chapter, for example. I had no inspiration for that chapter, but I didn't want to keep you all waiting, so I just brainstormed with a friend, came up with something, and wrote it down. Obviously, that didn't work out too well. And as a result, that turned out to be a weak chapter. I don't want to keep pumping out weak chapters, so instead, I'll just not update until I can come up with something I know you all will enjoy, and give you revisions of previous chapters in the meantime. Unfortunately, for me, the revisions need a good amount of inspiration, too, otherwise, what's the point of it? When I make those revisions, I'm completely reworking the chapter so that it's something you'd want to go back and read. I actually want to guarantee that this is a good story you're reading.

Hopefully, now, you understand a little better why there hasn't been an update in such a long time. In addition to what I just said, add in summer college courses that I need to get a B or better in, and a hectic 18-credit Fall semester on the horizon. Yeah... I can only say don't expect too many updates.

On a more positive note, I am working on revising Act 9, and I hope to get at least Part 1 posted by next week. See? PROGRESS!!

So like I keep saying, I'm not going to abandon this story. Unlike most fanfic writers, I'll finish what I started. I will be changing my original plans a little, though. I wanted to write a trilogy, but I can't even get past this first story. I'm going with a dual...o...gy now: two stories that make up one GRAND tale. Hopefully you guys will stick with me until I get it done. I'll make sure the wait is worth it.

And thanks for all your positive comments and support thus far. That's the biggest reason I didn't quit yet. I can't disappoint... the fans.

Oh yeah, before I end this essay... AWESOME!! I know DK kidnapped Pauline, and not Daisy, but for this story's purposes, DK did, in fact, kidnap Daisy. Just pretend it was never documented in any game. I'm trying to make is seem like these guys have a life outside of the games they star in.

And SUPER_SONIC!! I purposely made it seem like Link and Nightmare never met before. The way I see it, Link may've heard of Nightmare (and obviously he did if he was able to tell everyone about his history), but there's a chance that they never fought each other until then. In my story, I'm building off that possibility. Besides, you liked the way that worked out, right? RIGHT?!

Alright, I'm done. Thanks for listening.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Shoot, I'm just glad you are still alive... Take as much time as you like for the story, don't feel like you are being rushed. But dang, you need to reply more often. You can go ahead and die but do it after the story is finished. Alright bad joke. Anyway keep up the good work.

LinkMaster12

Smash Journeyman
Basically you just said to me Zeeke, come back in three months and expect an update, which is usally what I do anyway. So see you all in three months. :)

awesome

Smash Apprentice
Oh, um yeah. As I kept reading, I saw that someone else asked the same question that I did. Ah well.

There is one thing that I noticed that I liked. I saw that most of this story was written in 2004/2005, and yet you have references to Brawl (ie Wario farting, Pit sending his greetings) so I assume that that is something you have recently added. Nice touch.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
wow...i'm only on the second page...but it's still amazing. it's probably long enough to be a book.

400 pages on Word...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
actually, i dunno but he's from SM RPG or somethingg.

btw, i finished. so far.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Whos geno?
One of the coolest character's in Mario history. In SMRPG, Mario, Peach, and Bowser were flung from a castle by an explosion caused by a huge sword called Exor. As a result, it also destroyed Star Road which was the connection point from Star Haven and Mario's World so that wishes could be granted. Geno is a star agent who was sent to Mario's World to find and recover the seven star piecies in order to rebuild the road. He needed a body though so he poccessed a doll in an INN that Mario just so happened to be in. He walked off into the woods and encountered Bowyer (the 3rd boss in the game) and challenged him to recover one of the star piecies and that is when Mario and his other partner Mallow (if you want to know about Mallow just ask) showed up and helped Geno defeat Bowyer (not to be confused with Bowser). Geno decided to join Mario's team as they shared a common goal. Geno's abilities are as followed :

Special Powers

-Geno Beam : A large beam attack from one hand (think of a kamehmeha from DBZ)
-Geno Boost : Basically just used to increase Power and Defense
-Geno Whirl : The most powerful move in the game, if timed correctly it will instantly kill any opponent (expect boss enemies, Exor being an exception)
-Geno Blast : He summons several beams of various colors from the sky
-Geno Flash : His final special move, he turns into a cannon and then shoots out a large red sun that causes a huge explosion

Regular Moves/Weapons

-Finger Shot : Shoots bullets from his figer
-Hand Gun : Shoots large bullets from his palm
-Double Punch : Shoots both of his hands at his opponents like rocket fists
-Hand Cannon : Shoots small missles out of his elbow
-Star Gun : Shoots stars out of both of his hands

Well that about sums it up, if you want to know more about him then go to the Geno support thread in the Brawl Character Disscusion Room and if you want to know what he looks like then just look at my sig.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i'd just like to say a little something to Zeeke:

if you're reading this, HOW DARE YOU NOT BE WRITING!?!?!?!?

if you are multitasking, HOW DARE YOU NOT BE USING YOUR FULL POTNENTIAL?!?!?!?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
He has a life. Deal with it. He can't be doing everything everyone says, including people he doesn't really know over the internet. Let him finish his business before he can completely work on it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Ok then,uncle kenny whos mallow
Well if you must know, I guess it wouldn't hurt to shed some light, but you are going to need to be very open minded on this one. Mallow is Mario's first partner in SMRPG. He is the prince of the Nimbus Kingdom and was seperated from his parents at birth. He was flowing down Midas River in a basket as a baby and was discovered by Frogfucious. Kind of sounds like a bible story huh? But anyway, Frogfucious is a wise old frog who lives in Tadpole Pond. Mario meets Mallow when he is an adult and he finds him at the Mushroom Kingdom. He was chasing after Croco who had stolen a rare coin from him. Basically, he joined Mario's team to stop Croco and buy a pie for Frogfucious whom he considers to be his grandfather. Once Mallow finds out about his true heritage though, he sets out with Mario to find his real parents and help Mario as they go. Now for Mallow's powers :

Special Powers

-Thunderbolt : Commands the sky to release a rain of lightning
-HP Rain : Summons a rain cloud that replenishes HP
-Phsycopath : Looks into the enemy's heart and sees his/her thoughts as well as their HP
-Shocker : Summons a single giant lightining bolt from the sky
-Snowy : Summons a large snowman to crush his foes
-Star Rain : Summons a large star to crush his foes repeatedly

Regular Moves/Weapons

-Froggie Stick : Hits an opponent with a staff
-Cymbals : Slams opponents with cymbals
-Whomp Glove : Hits opponent with both fists by streching them out like rubber
-Ribbit Stick : Just a better staff
-Sticky Glove : Just a better punch
-Sonic Cymbals : Uses the same cymbals but with a sound blast added to them

In addition to Mallow and Geno, two more people also joined Mario, they were Peach and Bowser. I hope you know who they are because if you don't then why are you on Smashboards? Mallow looks like a puffy cloud man. After all that, I think I deserve some +rep.

comicoolprince

Smash Cadet
I did not know who geno and mallow are because i have only played 2 mario games (i think) and i have a bad memory,and how could i not know who peach and bowser are bowser is my best guy in ssbm.As for the +rep i cant think of anything sorry

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I did not know who geno and mallow are because i have only played 2 mario games (i think) and i have a bad memory,and how could i not know who peach and bowser are bowser is my best guy in ssbm.As for the +rep i cant think of anything sorry
You are missing out on a great game but the enemies are pretty wierd. You main Bowser? Shoot, that must of been hard.

comicoolprince

Smash Cadet
what must have been hard? i wish i had those games. Super sonic if your still reading this i saw that super smash bros brawl video its awsome

sorry for spamming

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
bump this so Zeeke can see this thread....
how long is this gonna take? [/polite]

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Hehehe, when this thread gets bumped I get all giddy, then I realise it's just some normal posts.

*sigh*

Anyone that's kept track on Zeeke's longest break between posts? I'm pretty sure the one between the latest post and the one prior was the largest.

His last update was on:

04-12-2006, 08:29 AM

It's been longer than I thought. 6 months in two days.

EDIT: Out of boredom I'm going to make a list of this story's update history. It will be interesting to see the results.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, also, if you are even there Zeeke, does the fight between Ganondorf and Link happen in this act? I was just wondering, I mean it is a pretty long act so far. And that next update is taking a really really long time (From what I've read, six months or so) and I went back and reread the whole story. Please make an update!

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer

But you could have just pmed me or sumthin...

But anyways, I even got some of my friends into this story, they love it.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
I was bored at work one day and decided to read some fan fics. I have been addicted to this one, reading everyday for hours on end laguhing at all the people who were begging for updates." haha loozers good thing i am reading this in Nov of 2006. i get to read the whole story without having to wait for updates!!! muahahah"
drawing nearer to page 19 i was getting nervous, "oh man i hope he has a ton of updates in the next few pages" (page 17) "......." (page18) "........" (page19) :(
Well Zeeke, I give you my highest compliments. This story is really good. As people have said before, lots of substance. Well im kinda ready for the epic ending! Two thumbs up!

LinkMaster12

Smash Journeyman
OMG...its still not here....im going to shoot somebody....zeke WTF!?!?!?!?!?! I love this story you better finish.....

Top Bottom