• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Odyssey

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Amazing but true, I have updated in less than two weeks!

Enjoy yourselves.

Act 10: Only the Beginning (Part 6)

After the flush of the toilet, Bowser was seen stepping out of the bathroom, looking exceptionally refreshed.

"Whew..." He sighed as he crossed the narrow hallway and reentered the entertainment center that was Ganondorf's living room. "Ganondorf, I'm telling you this because I care about you: do not go in there for a while."

"Don't worry, my man. I'm already makin' plans to quarantine that sector of my crib." Ganondorf replied waving, without even facing Bowser. "What I heard in there wasn't right at all..."

"Hey, when Nature calls, you gotta answer. She leaves some real nasty messages if you don't." Bowser said, matter-of-factly.

He then sat on the far side of the same stretch-couch Ganondorf was sitting in. They both stared at the grandiose HD-TV in silence. After a while, as Ganondorf gazed intently at the glowing screen, barely even blinking, Bowser turned to his seemingly hypnotized Gerudo counterpart and blinked rapidly in disbelief.

"Ganondorf." Bowser called.

He didn't even bat an eye.

"Ganondorf!" Bowser called again with a more forceful tone, as well as a sharp snap of his fingers.

"Hmm? Huh?" Ganondorf promptly responded as if he awakened from trance.

"Why are you still watching this?" Bowser pointed at the screen.

The screen was fixated on the chamber that served as the battleground for Link's stand against Nightmare. The only thing that kept the room from being empty was the mutilated body of the feared, nightmarish warrior once known as Siegfried. He was in the center of the screen, sprawled out on his side. A large pool of blood had formed around his head, suggesting only one thing...

"I'm jus' makin' sure he's dead." Ganondorf responded.

"He's been like that for almost half an hour. That blood pool isn't getting any smaller either." Bowser noticed.

"Yo, after seein' all the s*** he could take and still live, I need to prove to myself, beyond a reasonable doubt, that this guy is done." Ganondorf said.

"Well, this is now an unreasonable doubt. You know he's dead." Bowser asserted. "That stab Link dealt was pretty fatal."

"Yo... That stab..." Ganondorf trailed off, closing his eyes while slowly shaking his head. "That s*** was sincere. I never woulda imagined Link doin' somethin' like that. I mean, both of them were talkin'... Nightmare probably thought he'd still be livin'... Then, wit'out warnin': BAAOOW!" He boomed, making a strong stabbing motion. "He caught a sword through his neck. Never even saw it comin'..."

"That definitely wasn't the Link we all know..." Bowser shook his head.

"You kiddin' me? That's the Link you don't know." Ganondorf corrected. "I know how this kid gets when he's pissed. I'll admit: I was stunned when I saw him do it, but when I think about all the s*** Nightmare put him through, it was only right. I woulda done the same thing."

"But you're evil. You probably would've done it regardless." Bowser argued.

"Yeah, but still... I know Link, my man." Ganondorf stated. "Push him hard enough and he will surprise the s*** outta you. Nightmare did that, thinkin' it'd be all good later, but he thought wrong. Dead wrong."

Bowser could only nod his head in agreement. He definitely couldn't argue with that.

"Aight, I guess it's safe to say he's done wit'." Ganondorf concluded, turning back to the TV and shutting off the monitor. "I still can't believe I'm the one who started this s***. I gotta be more careful wit' who I send to f*** things up. This guy... almost... destroyed the world I'm tryin' to rule." He slowly breathed out. "Link came through in a big way, tonight... I almost feel bad that I'ma relentlessly beat his a** when he gets back here."

"You might not have to if DK's plan is as good as he says it is." Bowser said. "Where the hell is he, anyway?"

"He got kinda shook after seein' Mario in action. He said he was gonna make some las'-minute adjustments to his s***." Ganondorf said.

"Hmmm..." Bowser hummed. "Did he ever tell you what his plan is?"

"Nah." Ganondorf said, shaking his head.

"And you never thought about asking?" Bowser wondered.

"I asked him once. He was mad secretive about it, givin' me vague explanations and s***." Ganondorf remembered. "I jus' figured his plan was that serious: he can't tell no one 'bout it. So, I let him live."

"You gotta be curious about it, though..." Bowser said.

"Yeah, definitely." Ganondorf verified.

"Then let's go find out!" Bowser suggested.

"Nah, man." Ganondorf declined, shaking his head. "I gotta respect DK's space."

"Well, I don't." Bowser said, getting up to walk out of the room. "I'll tell you about it when I get back."

"Wait! Hold up a second!" Ganondorf hastily called, jumping over the couch to block Bowser's way.

"You may respect DK, but I don't. There's no reason for me to respect him. And I can't work with people I don't respect." Bowser said. "I need to see this 'great plan' of his. If it really is that amazing, I can rest a little easier knowing DK is not the blithering dumb-a** I thought he was."

"I wasn't even gonna go into all that. You dunno where DK is workin', so I was jus' gonna take you there." Ganondorf offered. "You mighta been livin' here for a while, but you still dunno my crib's layout like that. It's possible to get lost for a couple of days here."

"I thought you had to 'respect DK's space'." Bowser said.

"I don't gotta look in there. You're disrespectin' him, not me." Ganondorf said. "This is what's gonna go down: we get there, you look in, we leave."

"Fair enough. Lead the way." Bowser said.

Ganondorf took Bowser to the lowest level of his castle where DK toiled away, perfecting his planned method of finishing Mario and his companions. They stopped at the large iron door leading into the largest chamber.

"Right here." Ganondorf pointed out, stepping aside.

Before Bowser could even put enough force to push the door open...

"Yo." Ganondorf suddenly said. "Don't say anythin', don't criticize, in fact, don't even go into the room. Jus' stick yo' head in and take a peek."

"Fine." Bowser quickly agreed. All he wanted to do was see what DK was working on, anyway.

Bowser pushed the door opened just enough for his head to fit through, and promptly peeked his head in. The first thing he heard was maniacal laughter mixed with the wild grunts of a crazed gorilla. DK seemed to have gone mad, and Bowser could easily see why after taking a look at DK's creation. What he saw left him speechless. What he saw was unlike anything he had ever seen before. What he saw was just... just...

Bowser backed out of the doorway and closed the door, still looking awestruck from what he caught a glimpse of. Ganondorf couldn't help but let a satisfied smirk take over his face after seeing Bowser's reaction.

"See, B-Boss?" Ganondorf confidently nodded. Judging by the way Bowser looked, DK's plan definitely was the be-all that ends all.

"Yeah... I see clearly, now." Bowser said. "We're screwed." He simply stated, walking back toward the stairwell they used to get to the lowest level.

It was as if Bowser's words were a magic chant. They promptly turned Ganondorf's smooth smile into a look of confused concern.

"Hold up. You mean 'they're screwed', right?" Ganondorf corrected, hoping Bowser unrealistically twisted his words.

"No, we're screwed." Bowser turned around and repeated clearly. "DK has successfully verified that he will forever be a ****** who knows big words. This plan is bulls***. Wait, no, scratch that. If our plan was to find some real bulls*** and just throw it at Mario, Luigi, and Link, that would be the infinitely better plan. This plan makes bulls*** look great!"

"Nah, man. There's no way DK's plan could be that wack." Ganondorf said, refusing to believe Bowser's words.

"Trust me, there's a way, and DK found it." Bowser argued. "You don't even have to take my word for it. The truth is right through that door."

Ganondorf looked to the door. He wanted to believe DK was actually planning something that would work, but then again, Bowser's face was pretty serious when he said it wouldn't... But then again, Bowser's been trying to prove DK's stupidity from the moment Ganondorf made that call... He briefly considered seeing for himself, but...

"Yo, I'm jus' gonna let the result speak for itself. If DK's plan works, Mario's definitely gonna be out of the picture. If not, DK's gonna get murked hard. He knows what's at stake, so I'ma jus' trust that he's doin' what's smart."

"That's gonna be pretty tough for him since he's such an idiot." Bowser said. "Just don't say I didn't warn you when Link, Luigi, and Mario show up."

"Yo, either way, I'm ready for 'em." Ganondorf said. "I'm 'bout to go find out why Zelda didn't wanna tell me Nightmare was gonna f*** s*** up like that. She probably knew what was gonna happen before I even met this guy..." He clenched his fist angrily, with his fist glowing powerful, dark energy. "I'm probably gonna beat this b**** senseless."

"Just make sure you don't kill her." Bowser mentioned. "I guess I should find something to do, too. Anything that'd keep my mind off of how stupid DK is..." Suddenly, his eyes brightened up as if he had an idea. "Where'd you last see Peach?"

"In her room." Ganondorf said.

"Perfect." Bowser nodded with a suggestive smile.

"Jus' make sure you don't get clocked over the head wit' a fryin' pan." Ganondorf mentioned.

"Oh, don't worry about that." Bowser said. He suddenly pulled a helmet out of nowhere and fitted it over his head. "I'm taking all the precautions this time."

"..." Ganondorf was struck speechless. "I'm gone." With an immediate about-face, Ganondorf left the scene in a hurry, on his way to deal Zelda some heavy-duty interrogation.

There was an impatient knocking at the door. Immediately, Zelda knew who it was and was promptly mortified. She hoped Ganondorf would just let what happened earlier between them fade into obscurity, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case. She wished so badly that she had just kept that premonition to herself. It wasn't going to happen anyway, she thought to herself.

Suddenly, the door flew opened. Ganondorf simply stood in the doorway with a glowing arm, glaring at Zelda, who was sitting on her bed, on edge.

"I tried bein' nice about it." He said, taking a step forward, and pushing the door closed behind him. It was just the two of them, now.

Zelda could see it in Ganondorf's eyes that he wasn't planning on leaving until he found out exactly what he wanted to know. But what he wanted to know, Zelda didn't want to tell him. There was no reason to because it wouldn't happen, she figured. She knew Ganondorf definitely wouldn't settle for that as an answer, though. She could only wonder if she'd be able to hold out long enough for Ganondorf's interest to fade and his frustration to grow, convincing him to give up.

"Aight, Zelda." Ganondorf began. Already, this simple "greeting" had Zelda's heart pounding. She wasn't going to last long... "I know you know exactly why I'm here. I know you know exactly what I wanna hear." Ganondorf stated. "And I know you know you're gonna tell me everythin' you need to tell me."

Zelda started her defiance by turning away from Ganondorf. He chuckled a little.

"Okay, I guess you don't know yet." Ganondorf said. "I got time, though, shortie. I ain't goin' nowhere." He stated while pulling up a chair that was by the door and took a seat.

They sat in complete murky and awkward silence. Actually, only Zelda sat in complete murky and awkward silence. Ganondorf was actually sitting quite comfortably, leaning back with his hands folded behind his head, just waiting for Zelda to crack. She proved she wouldn't be that easy to break, though, as she refused to even make eye contact with her captivator. But thinking she could accomplish this task was so much easier than actually doing so. She quickly started to feel even more uncomfortable than before. It was like she'd been sitting there for an eternity. Only five minutes had passed since Ganondorf first arrived, though...

Zelda suddenly heard the legs of the chair scrape against the floor. Involuntarily, she looked toward Ganondorf's direction, but briefly. She saw just enough to determine that he was turning the chair around so that he could lean his chest against its back. This was a bad sign, Zelda thought to herself. He wasn't getting frustrated, as she hoped. He was getting more comfortable.

"I saw that." Ganondorf observed Zelda's quick glance while taking a seat.

She let out a sigh of frustration. She wanted nothing more than for Ganondorf to just leave, preferably in a hurry. Even though she wasn't looking at him, she knew he was simply staring a hole right through her temple. She could literally feel the mocking glare.

Zelda knew how she could end this: one of two ways. She could fight. But immediately, Zelda knew that was the worst possible option. Outside of a Smash environment, she wouldn't last fifty-nine seconds against Ganondorf.

Or she could just tell him. So what if the premonition wasn't going to coming true? The biggest reason she was so reluctant to tell Ganondorf anything was because she wished to be taken seriously. As a child, when Zelda had premonitions of the future, no one would believe her, simply labeling her dire dreams as symptoms of an overactive imagination. She knew Ganondorf would label her similarly if she told him what she dreamt wouldn't come true.

But was it worth being treated like a prisoner and kept in her room? Even though Zelda basically was a prisoner since Ganondorf took her against her will, she enjoyed a pretty decent degree of increasing freedom within the confines of Ganondorf's castle. She had gotten used to this and was deeply offended that Ganondorf would go as far as watching her like this. She was a princess, after all. She shouldn't be forced to stay in her room like a grounded child.

"I noticed you ain't tryin' as hard to avoid eye contact." Ganondorf interrupted Zelda's thinking. "You been thinkin' a lot. Weighin' yo' options." He speculated, getting out of his chair and slowly taking steps toward Zelda. "You think they all suck, but there's only one option that you can actually deal wit'. And you're 'bout to turn that option into a choice: the right choice."

Zelda didn't show any outward signs, but she was stunned by how accurately Ganondorf nailed her thought process. How could he know me so well, she wondered.

"If there's at least one thing I can guarantee wit'out question, it's that I know you and Link like I know my own greatness." Ganondorf boasted. It was as if he heard the question Zelda had asked herself.

Ganondorf now stood directly in front of Zelda with crossed arms. The plan now was to just keep his ears open and wait for Zelda to tell him everything.

Even though there was only one thing left for her to do, she still decided against making eye-contact. With a defeated and reluctant sigh...

"...there was a battle..." She meekly muttered.

Ganondorf simply nodded. "I f***in' knew it..." He sighed. "Keep goin'."

"It would have tremendous effects on Hyrule's balance..." She continued.

"Yep..." Ganondorf nodded.

"If it comes true, Hyrule could be thrown into an era more dark and more sinister than anything even you could possibly comprehend." Zelda said.

"I dunno 'bout that..." Ganondorf disagreed, slowly shaking his head. "Well, this'll probably brighten yo' day: it ain't comin' true."

"I know." Zelda simply replied.

"Oh." Ganondorf was slightly surprised. "Aight, then. I guess DK already told you Link murked Nightmare and saved Hyrule."

This is when Zelda finally broke her "no eye-contact" rule. Immediately, Ganondorf knew something was wrong. The satisfied glow in his eyes quickly dulled as the concern started to settle in.

"We were talkin' about the same s***, right? We were talkin' about Nightmare comin' through to kill Nabooru and completely f*** up the balance y'all sages keep up, right?" Ganondorf frantically asked, involuntarily uncrossing his arms.

"Who is... Nightmare?" Zelda honestly asked.

This simple question set Ganondorf off. "S***!!" He shouted, taking a wild swing at the air. A dark-purple trail of energy followed his fist.

Zelda was confused, to say the least. She truly had no idea who Nightmare was. She didn't even know Hyrule was in danger. ...or at least in any more danger than it already was in, with Ganondorf in power.

"Ganondorf, please..." She pleaded, standing up. "Who is Nightmare?" Zelda repeated, facing Ganondorf's back.

"If I tell you this, you gotta tell me what your premonition was. And DO NOT bulls*** me." Ganondorf demanded, turning back and pointing a threatening finger right at her face.

Zelda gave a hesitant and slow nod, taking a seat on the edge of her bed once again.

"You remember that day I left in a hurry?" Ganondorf asked.

"Yes. Bowser said you had business to attend to." Zelda remembered.

"I caught this guy causin' straight chaos in Kakariko Village. I was offended. No one causes chaos but me!" Ganondorf asserted. "So I had to get down there and show him a lil' somethin'..."

A flashback ensued...

Ganondorf's Interdimensional-Warp Machine dropped him off right in the heart of a devastated and burning Kakiriko Village. Immediately, he was greeted by a wave of screams. Looking around, he saw a large majority of people running for their lives, fleeing the village. Whether it was because of the new threat that was decimating the village or because of his unexpected arrival, he couldn't tell. Although there were a notable number of people panicking, there was also a decent amount of villagers who actually seemed relieved to see him. It seemed that they knew Ganondorf was going to take care of this problem for them.

D***it, I look like the good guy, he thought to himself. He'd deal with this image-misconception later, though, as he saw an explosion of dirt coming from the graveyard. Immediately, he swam through the sea of people escaping from the scene and made his way to the epicenter of disaster, occasionally literally throwing those that got in his way out of the town.

"...f*** outta my way!" is what he'd say when he did so.

Upon arrival, Ganondorf saw that the graveyard no longer existed. All the graves were obliterated and the graveyard, itself, was reduced to a smoking crater. He couldn't believe only one person could cause all this damage.

Suddenly...

"PLEASE!! NO!!" A terrified voice screamed.

Following almost instantaneously after the begging outcry was a choked-up mix between a scream and a gurgle. Ganondorf followed the dying cries and stopped at the edge of the crater to find two people in the deep center. One man was being held up off his feet, dangling from his throat in someone else's hand. Someone else's mutated, monstrous hand...

"I'll show you the greatest nightmare!" The owner of the arm proclaimed.

"Nightmare..." Ganondorf muttered. He remembered Link once telling him about a man who referred to himself as a nightmare.

As the person dangled, wildly flailing his legs in an attempt to escape, Ganondorf caught a glimpse of some sort of green stream flowing from the helpless man's body to the mutated arm, and from the mutated arm, it continued to a weapon unlike anything Ganondorf had ever seen before, which was being held in Nightmare's human arm. It seemed to be living, donning characteristics of both a sword and some type of living creature. It even had an eye...

Soon, the man's struggling quickly ended as he hung lifelessly from the midnight-armored foe's hand. Figuring it served no further purpose, Nightmare carelessly tossed the body aside and thrust the living sword above him. It suddenly flashed into a burst of flames and sent a wave of power down into its wielder.

"More..." He rasped, slowly bringing the sword down to his level. "...need more souls..."

Ganondorf wasn't having that. Letting a ball of dark energy grow in his hand, he launched himself straight at his armored adversary. He introduced himself with a powerful fist, sending Nightmare off his feet and practically rolling up the crater walls. Then, Ganondorf pitched the dark-energy ball at him. The stunned foe went up in a smoking explosion, giving Ganondorf a reason to let a victorious smirk occupy his face.

That sneer quickly vanished as Nightmare rose to his feet with his back toward Ganondorf. Ganondorf noticed Nightmare wince as he rose, though. He expected this match to last no more than two minutes.

But suddenly, without even saying a word, Nightmare charged at him, preparing a crushing, jackhammer-like swing to respond to Ganondorf's greeting. Easily reading the move, Ganondorf sped toward his enemy to counter with a Gerudo Dragon. The two attacks met with incredible force; Ganondorf literally punched the descending sword. But he was found himself on the receiving end, pulling his fist back in pain after he struck the blade. That actually hurt!

In an unexpected follow-up, Nightmare swung his blade around and delivered a mighty sword-uppercut. Ganondorf was sent soaring into the air, but not for long. After reaching the apex, he backflipped and whipped his cape up behind him. Right then, after momentarily floating in the air, Ganondorf came crashing back down toward the heavily-protected fiend. Nightmare reared his weapon back, preparing to bat his Hylian enemy back into the sky. In a surprise maneuver, Ganondorf reached behind him and unsheathed his own sword: the Rune Blade. He slammed his blade mercilessly into Nightmare's living edge, sending out a powerful shockwave. He met it with so much force that Nightmare's weapon actually looked like it flinched while his own legs gave out from trying to withstand the attack. Ganondorf looked down on his opponent. Two minutes was giving him too much credit, he thought to himself. It had barely reached one and he was already on his knees.

Nightmare seemed to disagree, though. Tightly grasping his blade in both hands, he jumped up and unleashed a flurry of swings and slashes, all in an attempt to take down Ganondorf. Regardless of how fierce Nightmare's attacks were, Ganondorf dodged them with mocking ease. Ganondorf's cool, collected, and cocky mindset was easily able to counter Nightmare's enraged and exacerbated.

Finally, Ganondorf had enough fun. He threw his blade hard into the face of the living sword, sending Nightmare stumbling clumsily to the side. Immediately after, Ganondorf sent a powerful fist into his enemy's chest: a weaker, yet still debilitating, Warlock Punch. Nightmare was blown away, tumbling backwards and finally stopping facedown in the dirt.

Total time: one minute and twenty-two seconds.

Ganondorf chuckled to himself as he slowly approached Nightmare, watching as he struggled to rise to his feet.

"The Soul Edge yearns to be completed! We thirst for souls! You will not stop our restoration!" Nightmare snarled on his knees, ready to dish out another round of attacks even though he knew he was outclassed.

Ganondorf threw the tip of his Rune Blade to Nightmare's face, but stopped mere centimeters from the nose of his helmet.

"Ease out and listen up, Nightmare." Ganondorf ordered. "I can easily send you back to whatever Hell you came from. Seriously. Don't sleep on the curved tip. If I thrust, you'll be dust." A familiar smirk then took over his face. "...but I'ma save that for another day. I like you. No one's been able to wreak havoc like that before. What you did actually rivals some of the s*** I do. I'm so impressed, I'ma hook you up, my man. I'ma tell you exactly where you can get an unlimited supply of souls to feed yo' sword." Ganondorf offered, reaching his hand out to help Nightmare to his feet as he sheathed his sword.

There was a tinge of fiendish satisfaction in Nightmare's frightening eyes as he reached up to grasp Ganondorf's hand.

"Yes..." He hissed, rising to his feet. "This is it..."

"Nah, buddy. This ain't it, yet. I do favors for favors, so this is what yo' gonna do for me..."

"The deal was I'd send him to the Spirit Temple to power up, and he'd deal wit' Link when he got there. On the real, I never expected Nightmare to win, anyway. He was jus' supposed to murk Link enough so I could deal him the finishin' touch swiftly when he got here." Ganondorf slowly began shaking his head. "But this f***in' guy almost f***ed up the entire plan! He OD'd on souls and got ridiculously strong. Luckily for me, Link got ridiculously strong, too. The match was even 'til Nightmare suddenly revealed that he was usin' Nabooru's soul as a shield. That s*** was not part of the deal. I wasn't gunnin' for Hyrule's destruction, and we all know that woulda went down if Nab died." Zelda nodded, knowing the results would be beyond catastrophic. "In the end, though, my boy pulled through. Nightmare got deaded hard; he caught a sword through his neck. Link got severely f***ed up in the process, too, and so did the rest of his crew. But don't worry about 'em; they're still breathin'."

Even though she already heard the outcome earlier from Ganondorf, Zelda sighed in relief. Hyrule definitely was in some amazing danger, but luckily, it was no longer a threat. She was also more than relieved that Link was safe, but also more than surprised that he would end the battle so violently.

"That s*** was intense..." Ganondorf sighed, finally taking a seat. "While I was watchin' the match, I thought about what you said: about Hyrule bein' in danger and s***. Everythin' that was happenin' fit the description, so I thought that was it. But now I know it ain't." Ganondorf leaned forward, inching a little closer to Zelda, signifying it was her turn to tell a story.

"As I said before..." She hesitated a little before she continued. "...there was a battle. It was between you and Link..."

"Yo... I've been havin' premonitions about that since I kidnapped you! Everyone knows that s*** is gonna happen." Ganondorf stated.

"But that's not all." Zelda continued. "During the course of the battle... the Triforce..." She trailed off.

At the sound of that word, Ganondorf's ears perked up, more attentive than before.

"What about the Triforce?" Ganondorf urgently asked.

"The Triforce..." Zelda wanted to complete her thought, but she found it so hard to say out loud. This would be the first time she actually had to put it into audible words. "It..."

"SPIT IT OUT, ZELDA!!" Ganondorf demanded with a startling shout.

"The Triforce is destroyed!" Zelda blurted out, immediately letting out a slight weep after saying it.

At the completion of that sentence, Ganondorf's face was drained of all color. He had a myriad of curses, questions, and exclamations he wanted to shout out, but the only thing he could conceive at the time was staying in his seat and asking "...how?"

"I..." Zelda paused again. This was the part of her premonition that frightened her the most; more than the possible destruction of the Triforce. She let her lips part a bit, preparing to tell Ganondorf how it would come to be.

But she couldn't do it. It was hard enough for her to say the Triforce, the sacred symbol that served as a bond between the Goddesses and Hyrule, would be destroyed. But for her to say the rest of what she knew... it was impossible. Just thinking about it pained her heart and bought tears to her eyes. Zelda knew Ganondorf wanted an answer, though, and he wanted one immediately. Not able to think of anything else, she muttered...

"I don't know."

Upon those words, Ganondorf went berserk. He jumped to his feet lunged at Zelda, grabbing her by the arms and shaking her furiously.

"HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW?!!" He lividly bellowed. The rage in his eyes would've terrified even the most hardened of men.

"I never saw that far into my dream!" Zelda screamed immediately, tears of fear freely flowing from her eyes.

Ganondorf roughly shoved Zelda back and made his way to lean on a wall by the door, beside himself in disbelief.

"...it isn't going to happen." Zelda murmured. Her heart was pounding so hard, she could barely keep her voice from shaking. Ganondorf simply turned in her direction. Forcing herself to calm down, she continued. "I saw Link when I last came to speak to you. He was on your television screen. The Link I saw and the one I dreamed about are two different people. My premonitions happen exactly as I had dreamed them."

"Don't forget that it's still gonna be a while before this actually happens." Ganondorf pointed out. "I guarantee you there's a whole lotta time for s*** to change. Some s*** might just come along between now and then and force s*** into happenin' exactly as you saw it."

Zelda's heart sunk as she held a hand over her mouth in grim realization. She was so sure that the differences between what she saw in her dreams and what she saw recently were too great. But Ganondorf was right: anything was possible.

"Where are we fightin'?" Ganondorf inquired.

"...in a pit below this castle, completely surrounded by lava." Zelda replied.

Ganondorf nodded. "Aight." He violently pulled the door opened. "This s*** ain't happenin'." Zelda heard him say before he left, slamming the door behind him.

Zelda was finally left alone in her room while Ganondorf set off to figure out a way he could guarantee that Zelda's cataclysmic premonition would never happen. The premonition seemed to occur only because he and Link were fighting. He didn't know what made this fight so different from any other battle they had, but if he could find a way to stop this inevitable encounter before it even starts, he would.

But regardless of how brilliant his plan could be, it'd be even better if he knew about the imperative information Zelda withheld...

Slowly, the world blurred back into perspective, but it looked different from how he saw it before unconsciousness struck. As he faced up, on his back, he saw that instead of the spacious, sandstone, searing battleground he had grown accustomed to, he found himself in a comfortable, clearly calmer, and comparably cooler room. It was also a lot brighter than he could remember. He hadn't been exposed to any sunlight for a long time.

"...how'd I get here?" Link groggily wondered to himself, recognizing this was a room in the infirmary of the Gerudo Fortress.

He rose up in his bed a little, but cursed silently from the sudden burst of pain that shot through his right shoulder. He quickly gripped his shoulder, immediately surprised to feel a material that felt different from his tunic. He checked out his arm: it was tightly bandaged up. Link was surprised to see the bandage wrapping around not only his arm, but also around his chest as well. As soon as he noticed this, he realized his ribs actually did feel a little tender, with a slight discomfort as he breathed. He also noticed he wasn't wearing his black tunic. In fact, after glancing underneath the blankets that were covering him, he found that he wasn't wearing anything at all!

"Where the hell are my clothes?" Link asked himself, patting his blonde hair to check for his hood. Even that was taken from him.

There was an open doorway leading into the hallway of the facility Link was staying in. Right when he looked out, a woman walked by: a Gerudo woman.

"Hey!" Link called out, trying to get her attention.

The woman took a nonchalant glance into the room and kept on walking.

"HEY!!" Link shouted, refusing to be ignored.

She slowly walked backwards and returned to the doorway. She had an annoyed look in her brown eyes. Now able to have a good look at her, Link saw that she was kind of pretty, though she couldn't compare to Raznia. She was a normal Gerudo woman with short, red-orange hair. She also had a relatively plain body. Not to say she wasn't nice to look at: her tight-fitting midriff bought some attention to her top curves, but there was nothing that demanded a double-take.

"Yes?" She asked. Her tone sounded like she had an attitude.

"How'd I get here?" Link asked.

"It's pretty obvious that you didn't walk here." She sarcastically replied.

Link's nose flared in displeasure as his mouth turned to a subtle frown. He didn't appreciate the rudeness she was giving him for seemingly no reason.

"What's your name?" Link inquired.

"Does it matter?" She counter-inquired after sucking her teeth.

"Yeah, it does. I wouldn't be askin' if it didn't, right?" Link shot back.

She let out an annoyed sigh. "Mida." She finally muttered.

"Aight, Mida." Link began. "I know I didn't walk here. I just got through the battle of my life and I passed out before I could figure out what to do next. Right about now, I'm hurtin' like it was goin' outta style, and I'm disoriented and confused as hell. I know I don't gotta say this, but I had a pretty f***ed up day. You don't have to add to it, alright? Just answer my questions without the bulls***."

Mida could only direct her eyes away as she let out a "hmph" like she didn't deserve that verbal beat-down.

"So, let's start again from square one, Mida... How'd I get here?" Link asked one more time. "We already ruled out walkin'."

She let out an aggravated sigh. "It's easy to figure out that we bought your shattered-a** back here." Mida finally said, still not looking at Link.

"Thank you, baby. That wasn't so hard, right?" Link said with a taunting smile.

"Whatever." She huffed as she turned away, about to leave.

"Wait up! I'm not done with you, yet!" Link called out.

"What?" She practically spat. "I'm actually really tired and you're keeping me from my bed."

"This won't take long. I just got three more questions for you." Link said. "First question: why'd you guys go to the Spirit Temple? I know Raz musta told you guys to stay put."

"Yeah, she did. But she couldn't expect us to sit tight after what we saw." Mida said. "I was part of the lookout crew last night. We saw a green pillar shooting up from the Spirit Temple. Put that together with the fact that that's the last place Nabooru said she was going, the fact that Raznia was heading in the same direction, and the fact that that's just not normal. It'd be smart to think that we all got a little worried." She explained. "At first, we all thought we were overreacting. It was the first time we saw anything like that. But then that pillar turned red... It was a no-brainer, after that: we grabbed our weapons and went to see for ourselves what was going on. I guess it's a good thing we didn't find out what was really happening, but seeing the results wasn't too much better. Nabooru, Raznia, you, and your two friends were a mess. We also found Nightmare dead. Serves his a** right. That's what he gets for messing with us."

"Dead..." Link muttered to himself. This was definitely against what he wanted earlier. Link decided he'd find out more later. "Next..." He continued. "Where are my peeps? They're all alright, right?" Link asked this question solemnly. He prayed the answer nothing less than favorable.

"When we found you guys, you were all pretty beaten up. Raznia was the only one still awake. Well, she was awake, and she wasn't awake, if you can get that. For a little while, she'd look at us like she didn't know us. It was kinda scary..." Mida admitted. "But luckily, it was nothing. I guess she was just really shaken up about something she saw during the fight. I dunno if she's over it, but I can tell she's trying not to let it get to her.

"Nabooru actually recovered the quickest out of all of you. She woke up as soon as we were on the fortress grounds. I guess it was the sage in her that wouldn't let her stay down. She didn't even have any injuries like you guys did. She just said she needed some rest. Nabooru's been sleeping ever since then, and that was about seven hours ago.

"As for you and your friends... Well, you know your situation. We tried healing your wound with Fairies and red potions, but it wasn't working. We just wrapped you up and decided to take you to the Great Fairy when you woke up."

"And Mario and Luigi..." Link was wary of Mida's hesitation.

"Why do you look so worried?" She wondered with raised eyebrows. "Take it easy, they're fine. Nothing a few Fairies couldn't handle."

Link let out a deep sigh of relief. Everyone was fine, just as he hoped. The plan now was to see them all.

"Alright, I gotta go see them." Link decided, about to jump out of his bed. He suddenly stopped in his tracks. "Oh snap... That actually brings me to the most important question: where the f*** are my clothes?!"

"Hey, you said you were only asking three more questions. That last one makes four." Mida pointed out.

"Can you count? I only asked three!" Link argued.

"Let's recap..." She began, counting on her fingers. "You asked why we went to the temple, where your friends were, and if they were alright. 'Where the f*** are my clothes' makes number four."

"Wow..." Link was actually stunned. "You're a b****."

"You're not the first one to think so." Mida smiled as if Link complimented her.

Even if she was a b****, Link had to admit that she had a pretty smile. Perhaps too pretty for someone like her. It was so sweet that it was taunting.

"Seriously, where are my clothes? I can't be walkin' around this place naked, and we both know why." Link said.

"Not my problem. I did everything I said I'd do. There's no reason for me to tell you anything else." Mida said. "...unless you give me a reason to."

Link didn't trust that suggestive smirk slowly spreading across her face.

"I don't trust you..." Link said, holding the blanket tighter against his body. "Whatever you want gets a resoundin' 'Hell no'."

Mida began strutting into the room, slowly inching closer to a vulnerable Link. Link's heart began to pound. He actually considered summoning the Sword of Darkness to fend off this Gerudian offender.

A moment later, Mida was standing at his bedside, still with a smooth, mischievous grin on her face.

"Come on. Let's see that sword of legend." She teased, slowly creeping her hand onto Link's blanket and threatening to pull it off.

"This s*** ain't comin' off for no one!" Link asserted, throwing Mida's hand off his covers and protectively wrapping himself up in most of the blanket's surface area.

She laughed a little at Link's actions.

"I'm serious. My s*** is stayin' under these covers." Link stated.

"I always get what I want." Mida said.

The only part Link didn't account for was the bottom half of the blankets, and Mida caught that fatal error. She threw that portion of the blanket up, leaving Link stunned and helpless as she took an extended gander at Link's "weaponry". Link could only see her eyes as she stared, and momentarily, he caught her looking at him. It seemed she enjoyed what she saw, judging from the grin in her eyes.

While this should've been a boost for his ego, he wasn't at all happy with how this transpired. Link slapped the blanket out of her hand and thoroughly entangled himself in the covers, looking like some sort of slug on its back with blonde hair and elf ears.

"Your old clothes were looking real raggedy and dirty, and your tunic smelled like blood, so we're getting you some new stuff." Mida said. "Don't worry, we're not gonna dress you in a midriff or something. We figured you'd appreciate a new tunic uniform. The only thing is that we couldn't find your sword and shield."

"Don't worry about that." Link assured her.

There was a second of silence. That smile in Mida's eyes just wouldn't go away.

"You can go now." Link stated, feeling Mida was just staying to mock him.

"Don't be such a sore loser." Mida winked and headed toward the exit. "After we get your clothes, I'll show you where everyone is. See ya later." She closed the door behind her.

"What a b****..." Link muttered, turning to his non-injured side as he figured there was nothing left to do but catch some more shut-eye.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
That was a rather quick update.

Anyway it was a good follow-up chapter. You brought alot of humour into this chapter. Keep the good work coming.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
*Punches Zeeke* Could you cut stuff like that out! Act...8? I believe was bad enough. :mad: :psycho: Also you misspelled something. Just letting you know.

keeeen

Smash Cadet
Great update but you severely tormented me with the double post, I thought it was another episode! I hope you update soon, I can't wait to see how Ganandorf is going to keep the Triforce from being destroyed, especially now that we can assume the new "uniform" the Gerudo are giving him will be green, like the one in Zelda's vision!

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, this update was short, but short isn't bad, just a bigger cliffhanger ;) I liked it. Oh, and we havent heard from mewtwo and Doctor Mario in a while...

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
Your talking about the Doctor Mario/Mewtwo timeline aren't you? I think that Zeeke said at one point that the Doctor Mario timeline will be concentrated on in the sequel. It would be good if they were mentioned again in this story.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
DarkLink567 said:
Your talking about the Doctor Mario/Mewtwo timeline aren't you? I think that Zeeke said at one point that the Doctor Mario timeline will be concentrated on in the sequel. It would be good if they were mentioned again in this story.
Oh, alright thanks, I must have missed that part.

LinkMaster12

Smash Journeyman
i remember that part i got mad a zeeke cause it was confusing...any way zeeke have you concidered putting the story on another site? id be willing to do it for you. lots of sites out there lots more critics.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I post this story on three other sites. I'm always looking for new places to post this at (and I'd rather post it myself), so if you have a place, let me know.

keeeen

Smash Cadet
*chants* WE NEED AN UPDATE! WE NEED AN UPDATE! WE NEED AN UPDATE! *chant goes on for awhile*

Seriously though I'm going through SSBO withdrawl as I'm sure we all are... I for one am dying to see what happends next, and I absolutely love this story. I was even thinking about making a sprite movie out of it, or at least a sprite comic strip if that was ok with ZeekeXIV.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
A sprite comic/movie is fine by me. I'm always up for fanart and such.

And sorry for the lack of updates. College is picking up and I'm suffering from a severe case of writer's block. A terrible combination, my friends...

If I don't have an update ready for the end of this month, I'll definitely have something for y'all early in November (1st or 2nd week). Just hang in there. I thought you guys would be used to my sporadic updating schedule by now.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I've gotten used to it, though I am getting impatient.

Oh, and check out my new signature.

keeeen

Smash Cadet
Heh, well I only have gotten caught up since the episode before last, so I haven't really had time to get used to the random updates. I too am in college and I just find reading this story eases some of the stress even though reading it all the way from the beginning is a MAJOR time sink. But, since it's ok with ZekeXIV I'll start thinking about a comic or something.

Golgibodies

Smash Cadet
yo guys i've just finished reading what you've wrote so far, man this **** is crazy and i like it!!! **** we do need an update this story has been goin on for about 2 yrs. if im correct so lets get on it! ty this really is a great tale.!!!..........

Golgibodies

Smash Cadet
o God cmon Zeeke ur killin me no update since sep 20th?
i neeeeed that update tahts like a month and 11 days w/o ur story and i've been dying to know the rest... i must read onwards!!!!! *chivilaryously points his sword forward and into the air with a strikingly majestic pose to fit*

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Don't complain. He's obviously busy or if he's writing, he's taking time to make it good. He wouldn't be writing so well if he just rushed his updates right? If you want a good update then give him time.

DarkLink567

Smash Journeyman
A month and a few days isn't exactly that much time, he usually takes longer breaks between his acts anyway, it really isn't something to worry about. Just hold out for the update, it'll be great no doubt.

*eagerly awaits next post*

Golgibodies

Smash Cadet
o god okay sorry i dont want the post.... PSHHHH PLEASE my arse dont be all homo on me just say "yes i concur although i must merely inquire that you allot our suspensful authour more time."
jeez ok thx....

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
Welcome, Golgibodies. I should create a warning in the beginning of the thread or something. I'm very prone to long droughts between chapters.

The reason for this one? Same as all the other ones: writer's block is back at it. Once I get over that hill, I'll be posting very soon. I know I promised an update around the beginning of this month. It can still happen! There'd be an infinitely better chance of it showing up next week, though.

So like I said many times before, just chillax. Especially you, Golgi. That update is coming.

Best101

Smash Ace
I like the story, and I only read one paragraph. I have made two stories based off of Paper Mario. Part 1 (Based off of the first game) is halfway finished. Part 2 (Based off the 2nd game) only has 1 of its 8 chapters completed. But your story is good so far.

keeeen

Smash Cadet
lol

Honestly, I can't wait for an update so I understand golgi's sentiment. On the other hand though, I can only imagine how much inspiration it must take to write such an awesome story, so I'm sure it takes an extremely long time to even figure which part of the story you want to focus on. I'd much rather quality over quantity as that is what has separated this fic from all the others I've read.

Basically, I'm dying for an update, but would be crying if it was rushed and not as good.

ZeekeXIV

Smash Journeyman
I can guarantee you that the next update will not sound rushed. I've been working on it little-by-little since I finished the last chapter. My problem is that I've been busy. I haven't had a chance to really work on anything, so I only have 6 pages on this chapter.

This is gonna be a long one. I plan on getting a lot done in this chapter. When can you expect it? Soon. I know I said I'd get it to y'all around the beginning of November, but as y'all know, that time as passed. It's coming soon, though. All I can say is try and be patient.

Oh yeah, if you're mad at me or something, you'll be able to take out some rage. Mario Kart DS. Tuesday. Online. Look out for ZeekeXIV, of course. You'll be able to pummel me with turtle shells and bullet bills, as well as embarrass me in a race. Well... no you won't. I'm too nice to lose. But it'll make you feel better thinking you can. I'll let y'all know my Friend code when I get the game. Hopefully, I'll see some of you guys on the tracks.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
^Lol. Well, you'll have to wait till Christmas for me, thats when I'm getting it. Zeeke, you'll be on my "need to challenge list." And yeah, this next update from what you said seems to be lookin' good!

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
*Chanting*
WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE! WE WANT AN UPDATE!

DarkKirby26

Smash Journeyman
One word.....awesome. ****, I should have read this a long time ago. This is the most hilarious thing I've read in awhile. And, it actually has a good storyline. Can't wait for another update Zeeke.

Keotalf

Smash Cadet
I forgot to mention. I'll be leaving to go to Scotland for a while on December 10th and won't be back until January 1st. I won't be able to read it until I get back so I beg you to have it done by the time I leave.

keeeen

Smash Cadet
You're right, I don't want to sacrifice quality for quantity. I hope this long drought means that Zeeke will give us a rather lengthy update though, or at least a faster turn around time for the next couple, I'm still on the edge of my seat to find out what's going to happen next.

Golgibodies

Smash Cadet
how long has it even been im too lazy to figure it out.... ****

EDIT: its been between 91-93 days dang zeeke i suppose im gonna piss myself when i read this endin..

Top Bottom