• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Next Game Predictions - Cuts, Nerfs, Buffs, and New Characters

What new comer do you think will stay

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Da_Dook_Hoont

Smash Rookie
NNID
MAC_KyngCole
:4ryu:Hello there! Please, have a seat. We need to talk about things...

This is 100% my opinion. If you want to share what you think on this thread please do so.

Now, I've been thinking and have made some predictions 'bout the next Smash Bros. game. I can't predict what characters I think are going to be the best on tha tier list but, I have some thoughts on what characters will be cut and which ones will stay. I even have some thoughts of new characters.

Let's get this mess started ~

Cuts: Obviously... :4darkpit:

:4greninja:Greninja is on my list for cuts because of one thing. When the new Smash Bros. and Pokemon game get revealed Greninja will not be relevant anymore unless he gets a mega evolution or some thing. I honestly think that a new Pokemon will be in Smash taking Greninja's place.

:4lucina: How much I like Lucina, it's was hard for me to put her on this list. Just like Greninja, With the new Fire Emblem game a new character from that franchise will take her place. As for Robin .I think he/she will stay because of their unique moveset.

:4roy::4larry::4wendy::4morton::4iggy::4lemmy::4ludwig: Adding the Koopa Kids as alt. costumes for Bowser Jr. was a pretty cool idea but the fact that there all different sizes makes some of the models look strange to me. Other than that I have no other reasons they would be cut (it's just a feeling).

:4ryu: Shoryuken! Even though Ryu is a Unique character I think he will be cut partly because he is a 3rd party DLC character. I know that's a silly thing to say but, I doubt some one who is known to be from another popular fighting game is just going to stay being in a different one along with the one they're currently in.

:4lucas:enough woes. let's get to sum hype fun fast action... :4sonic:

New Comers:

I don't have any specific characters but, I have predictions on what games we will see these new characters from...

Fire Emblem: Fates
Pokemon
Super Sanic Adventures Extreme Ultimate 4: Sanic's Return
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda

Buffs:

:4palutena: Extreme waifu buff...

Give me YOUR OPINION on this thread. Who do you think will be cut from Smash? Who do you think will be added to Smash? Nerfs? Buffs?

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
is it really neccessary to make a Smash 5 predictions thread when Smash 4 is 8 months old and is recieving dlc and balance patches?

Da_Dook_Hoont

Smash Rookie
NNID
MAC_KyngCole
is it really neccessary to make a Smash 5 predictions thread when Smash 4 is 8 months old and is recieving dlc and balance patches?
Well really It's just FOR FUN! but, it doesn't matter how long a game has been out to make FUN predictions even when people been making predictions before this gme was released...

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
At least I like the thread, if that's any consolation.

My predictions for Newcomers (If none of these guys become future DLC)
From Starfy: Starfy
Mashtooth

From Fire Emblem: Lyndis
Chrom

From Golden Sun: Isaac

From Zelda: Skull Kid
Impa

From Pokemon: Genesect (or possibly even a Gen 7 Pokemon)

From Punch Out: Great Tiger

From Mario: Paper Mario
Fawful

From Donkey Kong: King K. Rool
Trixie

From Earthbound/Mother: Porky/Pokey
Jeff Andonauts

From Metroid: Ridley (Like that's gonna happen)

3rd Party: Bomberman

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Cuts: The clone trio (:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:). DLC characters will be lower priority, but they still have a chance (:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:) :4greninja: may also be low priority.

Additions:
Rep from the newest Fire Emblem (In this case, I would choose Corrin from Fates)
Gen 7 Pokemon (Game Freak is hinting at a new pokemon, so it could be just around the corner)
Captain Toad or Waluigi
Zelda rep (We haven't gotten ANY since Brawl)
Balloon Fighter (R.I.P. Iwata. Sakurai was really close to him.)
Bandanna Waddle Dee
New Metroid rep
Etc.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
Well really It's just FOR FUN! but, it doesn't matter how long a game has been out to make FUN predictions even when people been making predictions before this gme was released...
I could understand characters that you think would get cut, but buffs, nerfs, and new characters are gettting added to this game in the form of updates and dlc

Da_Dook_Hoont

Smash Rookie
NNID
MAC_KyngCole
At least I like the thread, if that's any consolation.

My predictions for Newcomers (If none of these guys become future DLC)
From Starfy: Starfy
Mashtooth

From Golden Sun: Isaac

From Zelda: Skull Kid
Impa

From Pokemon: Genesect (or possibly even a Gen 7 Pokemon)

From Punch Out: Great Tiger

From Mario: Paper Mario
Fawful

From Donkey Kong: King K. Rool
Trixie

From Earthbound/Mother: Porky/Pokey
Jeff Andonauts

From Metroid: Ridley (Like that's gonna happen)

3rd Party: Bomberman
hmm... that's a pretty unique list :D

Da_Dook_Hoont

Smash Rookie
NNID
MAC_KyngCole
Cuts: The clone trio (:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina:). DLC characters will be lower priority, but they still have a chance (:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:) :4greninja: may also be low priority.

Additions:
Rep from the newest Fire Emblem (In this case, I would choose Corrin from Fates)
Gen 7 Pokemon (Game Freak is hinting at a new pokemon, so it could be just around the corner)
Captain Toad or Waluigi
Zelda rep (We haven't gotten ANY since Brawl)
Balloon Fighter (R.I.P. Iwata. Sakurai was really close to him.)
Bandanna Waddle Dee
New Metroid rep
Etc.
for the dlc characters. I think that ryu will be the only one cut because the other 3 were brought back by fans.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Cuts:
95%: (Starting from here they are very likely)
:4drmario:: Clone, and have no potential uniqueness. (Being a Melee Mario ofc isn't enough)
:4lucina:: Clone, corresponding series is already over-represented, and have no potential uniqueness. (It's like Chrom, but a slightly higher priority)
90%:
:4darkpit:: Clone, corresponding series is already over-represented, but have potential uniqueness.
85%: (Starting from here they are a possibility)
80%:
:4ryu:: Already the borderline of 3rd Party representatives, and is hard to implement.
75%: (Starting from here they may be low-priority)
:4greninja:: One-time popular character.
70%:
:4megaman::4pacman:: Guest Stars. I feel like they wouldn't stay, like what happened to Snake. (Of course if he comes back it's another story)
65%: (Starting from here they just could happen)
:4wiifit::4villager:: Kinda just for surprise. Not really representing an important series (retro, popular franchises).
60%:
55%:
:4shulk:: A fairly new IP, may be lower priority like Roy in Melee.

... Ok I'll stop.

Newcomers/Returning Vets (If they didn't come as SSB4 DLC):
85%: (Starting from here these are for sure, unless SSB4 problems happen again)
:wolf:: Unless the game is rushed again like this one, the top priority would be to bring back characters who had no excuses to cut.
80%:
:popo:: The problem should be fixed by the time SSB5 comes.
75%: (Starting from here these may be brought out by popularity)
Inklings: New IP, though may be appearing just once if the popularity decreases
King K Rool: Highly requested character. Supplementary representative
70%:
Krystal: Supplementary representative
Bandanna Waddle Dee: Supplementary representative
65%: (These are secondary choices)
Dixie Kong: Alternate choice
Captain Toad: Alternate choice if there are no new Mario characters
60%: (New or Old Franchise possibilities)
Pokemon new reps
Xenoblade new reps
Zelda new reps
RH new reps
55%: (De-AT possibilities)
Ashley
Waluigi
50%: (These may have some problems that are not as likely to be resolved)
:snake:: Konami issues.
Ridley: If Sakurai allows (or Sakurai no longer manages Smash stuff).

And I'll stop here.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4drmario:: They're either going to cut him (in which case I'll cry) or keep him and Luigify him, since he does have the moveset potential for it.
:4bowserjr:: They might cut him for being unnecessary. Or they might bring him back. Either or.
:4darkpit:: They literally have no excuse for not Luigifying him.
:4robinm:: See Bowser Jr.
:rosalina:: I have no doubt in my mind she'll return for being a fan-favorite character. Also, she's unique and new, so there's no good reason for cutting her.
:4villager:: Would probably return if AC is still relevant.
:4lucina:: She would definitely be cut for being a straight up clone with no unique moveset potential.
:4wiifitm:: I actually couldn't tell you.
:4littlemac:: Definitely would return for being such a highly requested character.
:4duckhunt:: Probably going to return as the series' joke character.
:4megaman:Undoubtedly going to return. The fans love him too much.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
When Swordfighters are considered, we already have plenty, and as Sakurai has tried and said, making another one (Chrom) is already hard without making them end up as a mix of Ike and Marth. With Roy taking the spot on semi-clone, Lucina really have no chance to be unique, nor could she be a semi-clone in a way no one complains.

For this I would say the same for Dr Mario, at least I cannot see any way he could be unique, since he is *literally* Mario in a costume. The pill is already the most I can think of. Even if he gets a way to be decloned. Same problem as above, no one wants a second Mario semi-clone.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Cuts
:4greninja:(for new gen 7)
:4myfriends:(for chrom or a new heavy swordsman/flavor of the month)

Alts
:4drmario::4lucina::4alph::4wiifitm:

(Villager get's a New Leaf update with new alts and the Kooplings get re used from sm4sh)

[collapse= Newcomers...don't hate me]
Mario: Paper Mario and King Boo with their own victory themes. Waluigi is never happening due to that jab Sakurai did woth the WAAA plush in that one Smash Direct.

Zelda: Impa, character from the new Zelda for Nintendo shilling

DK: Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong

Kirby: Bandana Dee. The most likely Kirby character Sakurai could add next. Plus we have no spear fighters yet so it adds more variety to the weapon fighters.

Metroid: Insert Bounty Hunter here...

Starfox: Wolf, Slippy Toad, Peppy Hare with their SF0 designs (Fox and Falco too). This complete's the Original 4 in Smash. Slippy's in due to having a larger in SF0 and is a favorite of Miyamoto's, which to be fair could or could not help his chances if compared to Miyamoto wanting :4pacman: in Smash. Peppy's in because of Sf0 and being promoted to official meme status by Nintendo. Wolf's back due to being the most likely SF character we get. Yes I'm aware that's 5 SF characters. With Nintendo putting the series in the spotlight again it's likely they will do whatever they can to advertise Starfox.

Takamaru: been considered since Melee

Dillon: Get's promoted to playable character along with a new stage.

Medusa: She should've been in smash 4 instead of Dark Pit.

An important Character to Nintendo's history: If Sakurai wants to go really obscure he could pick Mini Kngaroo. She would fight with some of the toys Nintendo made from the 70's along with some kangaroo fighting shenanigans.[/collapse]

I would add more but the list would be pretty long. I honestly have no idea what newcomers Sakurai will add in SSB5.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm really loving the fact that so many people list Impa on her prediction lists <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom