• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The hype is REAL! Only hours before Smash Wii U releases in my country! Even though I'm not getting it day of release, I'm still totally hyped for this! Hope those of you who get it earlier than me have fun.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is buffering on the Wii U version better than the 3DS? 3DS can only buffer your last input, so you can't buffer a double jump+fair for instance, and instead will only buffer a fair.

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble with event mode. I have only tried a few of the events (on hard difficulty), but they keep ending in failure. I'm not getting smashed off the stage, and their doesn't seem to be a time limit (because it doesn't always happen at the same time), and the event instructions aren't mentioning any specific goals I have to achieve other than fighting.
This has happened so far on the stages immediately left and right of the starting event.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'm having trouble with event mode. I have only tried a few of the events (on hard difficulty), but they keep ending in failure. I'm not getting smashed off the stage, and their doesn't seem to be a time limit (because it doesn't always happen at the same time), and the event instructions aren't mentioning any specific goals I have to achieve other than fighting.
This has happened so far on the stages immediately left and right of the starting event.
The right one "Four Swords Adventure"is basically deplete the health of the 3 other Toon Links, before they deplete your own.

The left one "The destroyer cometh", you have to kill all the Ganondorfs before they destroy all the breakable terrain on the skyworld stage. Thats why they usually spam Down B in the air and Up tilt, since they destroy the terrain (or blocks, I guess you can call it) fairly quickly.

nottl

Smash Rookie
I'm not really sure where the best place to ask this is, so I apologize if I screwed up.

I'm new to smash but not to FGC, and I've noticed that platforms generally lead to much higher damage combo potential in the game. However, I've found almost no information explaining why this is- like, what happens when a juggled person interacts with a platform, what thier options are (if any), what the attacker is supposed to do to combo off platforms... in general I just don't understand the mechanics of platforms at all outside of really basic stuff (double tap to fall through, up+b passing through)

I thought I heard a commentator say on a stream one time that you can't tech on platforms? I don't actually have the game yet, I play it regularly at my neighbor's, so I don't have a way to test if this is true.

Is there an article or thread explaining the mechanics of platforms and how to use them for combos?

XxBHunterxX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bryan
3DS FC
2766-9402-2187
Are the 3ds controls available
P for single player, there are no more gc adapter available so this is my best option really

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Updated list with stages and modes.

Song listing and character unlock requirements for the Wii U version coming soon.

TopSecretZone

Smash Cadet
Skimmed the thread and couldn't find anything on linking systems. Does linking the 3DS version to the Wii U version carry over your Classic, All-Star, and Stadium Clear Records?

the8thark

Smash Lord
If this could be added to the original post release dates I and others would be happy, thank you.

New date (and time) for Australian digital release 28/11/14 @ 21:00 AEDT

That is NSW and VIC time. Other states will have to convert this to their own local times.

Source:

This photo I took from the eShop. SInce the eShop can't suspend itself like a game can, you can't post a screenshot of it in Miiverse to get a screenshot here. But the photo will do.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Can you still do NinjaLink's Home button exploit? I'm challenging myself to not use it and get all the customs the hard way, but my Wii U crashed when i tried playing Sonic Boom so i can't check(more reasons to hate that game).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is there any sign of Chunky or in the game, or shall it remain a urban legend?
As noted, he's unfound. However, let's note that Sakurai this time around removed most of the leftover data, so we might not be able to find him in the files if he was removed. I believe the person who reported it, but it does question while the heck he removed a DK AT...

He also removed that part of the song. I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Chunky, but it's not entirely impossible that Rare complained, or Microsoft got involved.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As noted, he's unfound. However, let's note that Sakurai this time around removed most of the leftover data, so we might not be able to find him in the files if he was removed. I believe the person who reported it, but it does question while the heck he removed a DK AT...

He also removed that part of the song. I'm pretty sure Nintendo owns Chunky, but it's not entirely impossible that Rare complained, or Microsoft got involved.
Anything Rare created for the Donkey Kong series is wholly owned by Nintendo since Rare's sellout to Microsoft.

As for the DK Rap being cut, it was cut like several other songs to meet certain time requirements, so I heavily doubt there's any correlation.

About Chunky AT, that's nothing but a rumor that was never confirmed.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anything Rare created for the Donkey Kong series is wholly owned by Nintendo since Rare's sellout to Microsoft.

As for the DK Rap being cut, it was cut like several other songs to meet certain time requirements, so I heavily doubt there's any correlation.

About Chunky AT, that's nothing but a rumor that was never confirmed.
Well, I don't believe Wildvine would lie, but yes, was not confirmed. I don't think there's any correlation, but it is odd. If he was real, it is strange that his party was cut. I forget, does he at least have a trophy now?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I don't believe Wildvine would lie, but yes, was not confirmed. I don't think there's any correlation, but it is odd. If he was real, it is strange that his party was cut. I forget, does he at least have a trophy now?
Lanky and Chunky's parts, as well as the instrumental part before the loops were the parts cut from the DK Rap.

They also happened to be the parts easiest to cut without sounding so obvious.

I know Lanky has a trophy, but I can't say the same for Chunky. It's unknown if he has one or not.

Several other songs, including a few from Xenoblade and Fire Emblem were also cut and, like the DK Rap, also had originally 3 minutes of length.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lanky and Chunky's parts, as well as the instrumental part before the loops were the parts cut from the DK Rap.

They also happened to be the parts easiest to cut without sounding so obvious.

I know Lanky has a trophy, but I can't say the same for Chunky. It's unknown if he has one or not.

Several other songs, including a few from Xenoblade and Fire Emblem were also cut and, like the DK Rap, also had originally 3 minutes of length.
Well, the cut was logical, for the new time limit. They were the last two characters in the rap, right? If so, then yeah, it's impossible for a conspiracy, regardless. If they weren't, then I guess it could be suspicious. Although to be fair, Tiny is Dixie's expy, so... who else would they keep in. :p

john!

Smash Hero
new **** has come to light: i found a piece of equipment for king dedede that reduces aerial lag time upon landing. if the lag reduction can be applied to all characters, it probably would make it a lot easier to create a melee-esque mod for this game.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
new **** has come to light: i found a piece of equipment for king dedede that reduces aerial lag time upon landing. if the lag reduction can be applied to all characters, it probably would make it a lot easier to create a melee-esque mod for this game.
Equipment name? And did you find this on the Wii U or 3DS version?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I don't wanna be hanged for this...but man, I hate mods. Just my opinion, I don't really care for Project M (now everybody's coming after me...), and I honestly don't want a mod made outta this game. This game looks really good gameplay wise already, and I don't think it needs to be changed.

C100

Smash Rookie
Hi, does anyone know how to beat the Event Mode 'Luigi's Time To Shine'? in under 30 seconds? I cannot do it in that time limit as required to unlock the reward :(

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I don't wanna be hanged for this...but man, I hate mods. Just my opinion, I don't really care for Project M (now everybody's coming after me...), and I honestly don't want a mod made outta this game. This game looks really good gameplay wise already, and I don't think it needs to be changed.
My personal opinion on mods is that it enhances the experience for people who want it enhanced, for those that don't really wish for it to be, just ignore it of course.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"smooth lander hammer" on wii u

actually i just searched for it without "hammer", and it looks like people are already thinking about using this in competitive play
Ah, okay. Thanks. I like that, because we do need something to remove lag. L-Cancelling is no option, so...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Mods are an option. You don't have to play/like them. Just play vanilla Smash as you prefer.

Personally I'm glad mods exists because they add new life to the games, giving me more and more reasons to come back to them. I'm not competitive (yet) or hardcore or anything but I wasn't simply a fan of Brawl's physics as I felt it was too slow and dull for my liking, I enjoyed Project M a whole lot because they fixed my complaint and also managed to bring in fresh new content to add to the longevity (like an expansion to Brawl). It doesn't play a lot like Melee IMHO, but it played fast and exciting, which is what I love in Smash Bros games.

I see modding Smash Bros no different than rom hacking games, which I'm sure many enjoyed playing (depending on a hack). So I am a bit confused as to why some people wish Brawl mods shouldn't exist?

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Melee-esque mode? Why would you want a mod to be inferior to the actual game?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This isn't the thread for discussing Melee/Mods, get back on topic.

Considering the game is out, I'll leave it up to Frostwraith over the fate of this thread.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering the game is out, I'll leave it up to Frostwraith over the fate of this thread.
Well, this thread is now a general info thread. It has character, stage, music, Pokémon, Assist Trophy and item listings, unlock criteria for characters (only 3DS at the moment, will update the Wii U ones later) and other general trivia about the game.

That's why I changed the name to "Information Thread" from "List of Confirmed Stuff". It has a different purpose now.

Edit: Updated thread with unlock conditions for the Wii U version and confirmed more information on the voice actors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom