• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
If we weren't already aware of this stage's return, it'd be a nice surprise.

The real surprise though is why didn't they make a Pokemon Stadium 3.
Maybe because the game doesn't exist, although Poké Floats doesn't exist as well, or Sakurai wanted to do something else. Or maybe we just haven't seen it yet. :p Seems unlikely, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Maybe because the game doesn't exist, although Poké Floats doesn't exist as well, or Sakurai wanted to do something else. Or maybe we just haven't seen it yet. :p Seems unlikely, though.
Kalos League is pretty much Pokémon Stadium 3 in function. Call it a spiritual successor, if you want.

I mean, it switches between four different types, each with its own quirks, alternating between no type and one of the four type.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787

Kalos League is pretty much Pokémon Stadium 3 in function. Call it a spiritual successor, if you want.

I mean, it switches between four different types, each with its own quirks, alternating between no type and one of the four type.
Pretty much.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Has anyone checked the My Music for Pokemon Stadium 2 and Kalos Pokemon League?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Has anyone checked the My Music for Pokemon Stadium 2 and Kalos Pokemon League?
We don't have any songs confirmed for Pokemon Stadium 2 yet.

For Kalos League we have, according to this:
  • Battle! Champion Diantha
  • Battle!(Champion) / Cynthia's Theme
  • N's Castle Medley
  • Pokémon Center

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We don't have any songs confirmed for Pokemon Stadium 2 yet.

For Kalos League we have, according to this:
  • Battle! Champion Diantha
  • Battle!(Champion) / Cynthia's Theme
  • N's Castle Medley
  • Pokémon Center
If anyone has a video of Diantha's theme playing, post it please!

Clipse

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone! its a long time that I dont come here :)
The songs section on the site (SmashBros-Miiverse) is driving me crazy. So many people is sending me songs, and Im only update those with proof (although, sometimes I publish the wrong one :(... so many songs!! :D :p)
The problem as well, is that I also have from before songs that it appears in trailers, so we dont really know if the songs are in the game or not... normally the one that have the stage are confirmed to be there... but now I start discovering that the event mode sometimes look like have a random song (Windy Hill with a F-Zero song....) so im getting confuse now :p

I have most of the emails of the songs that the people send, so I can show you where is from. If you see any mistake let me know, and If I dont find the proof I guess I remove it cos prob is a mistake ;)

So, for those who ask, polygon did remove the video.... in youtube, but not in the site: (but you cant hear any song)
http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/30/7131525/wii-u-sales-super-smash-bros-mario-kart-8-iwata

And the Battle! Champion Diantha you can find it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIEK3OI2b9A&t=5m30s

I hope that help. If anyone does find something wrong, please let me know ;)

EDIT: btw, I recive this image saying that is Chill (Dr. Mario) Ver. 2... anybody knows where is this video from? Cos it doesnt really show Chill.. only "ario Ver.2" .....

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Do we know how big the eShop version of Smash Wii U will be? Any estimates?

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Today's Nintendo Direct not only gave us Duck Hunt's reveal trailer, but a new stage as well. The new stage is based on, of course, Duck Hunt.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I missed the last few minutes of the direct (once the guy started talking about Pikmin animations). Did I miss anything else concerning Smash?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I missed the last few minutes of the direct (once the guy started talking about Pikmin animations). Did I miss anything else concerning Smash?
THE DHD TRAILER MY FRIEND

:4duckhunt: In fabulous HD and we got another new stage and its the DHD home stage duck hunt and its a retro stage like 75m

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
THE DHD TRAILER MY FRIEND

:4duckhunt: In fabulous HD and we got another new stage and its the DHD home stage duck hunt and its a retro stage like 75m
No, I saw his trailer and that. I meant after the guy was done talking about the Pikmin stuff.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
A kind soul uploaded a video showing all the default songs and what stages they're on in the wii u version. He even plays some of them

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
A kind soul uploaded a video showing all the default songs and what stages theyre on int he wii u version. He even plays some of them

Eight versions of DK Island Swing and a few rips from Returns and Tropical Freeze. Yep, pretty sure Sakurai hates DKC. On the other hand, that Mega Man selection is too good.

The guidance works an the alt characters as well

Ludwig is the demostration in this video
Who'd have though the KI cast would be Mega Man fans?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Duck hunt stage gameplay

It looks like a final destination stage

(However hazards/traveling could be turned off when you mexican standoff aginist one of the 7 unlockables)

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
A kind soul uploaded a video showing all the default songs and what stages they're on in the wii u version. He even plays some of them

Seeing both Ice Climber AND Gyromite/Stack-Up on the Wrecking Crew stage just irritates the heck outta me. ICies and R.O.B. deserve their own stages, and ICies deserve to be back in the roster.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
In case it already hasn't been put into the list, Flat Zone 2 and the original Flat Zone have both been confirmed for Smash Wii U.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, or if it's the right place to ask it, but does anyone know if the right stick can be used to do smash attacks on the Wii U gamepad/pro-controller?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Apparently Melee's Flat Zone and Brawl/Smash3DS's Flat Zone 2 did a Fusion Dance:

Say hello to Flat Zone X.
NICE! Interested to see any more of the various G&W related games returning from Brawl or Melee that will show up on this stage.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Do we know how big the eShop version of Smash Wii U will be? Any estimates?
Around 15GB, based off what people who have preloaded the game have said.

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, or if it's the right place to ask it, but does anyone know if the right stick can be used to do smash attacks on the Wii U gamepad/pro-controller?
Yes it can.

Also @ Frostwraith Frostwraith are you going to add the songs that have been featured by direct gaming or crunchii on youtube? Like quick man stage, shadow man stage, minor circuit remix, peaches castle melee, etc?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also @ Frostwraith Frostwraith are you going to add the songs that have been featured by direct gaming or crunchii on youtube? Like quick man stage, shadow man stage, minor circuit remix, peaches castle melee, etc?
Yeah, I will do it.

I'm going to update this thread soon with the lots of new information on the Wii U version.

Samus Harang

Smash Cadet
Is Nintendo making a Smash bundle guys? I rather save as much cash as possible because I want to play Smash and that's all really. But there are a lot of good games for Wii U too but I can't afford them right now. :crying:

Last edited:
Top Bottom