• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS: Single Player Options Revealed

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
I thought that the intensity meter in uprising, sakurai, thanks for bringing it back.

Also it makes sense that you will fight random miis on your system for multiman smash.@

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
So Miis are making it into Multi-Man, eh?

I hope the ones you make in Mii Maker will appear. Then I'll have a reason to beat up celebrities I hate and fight Hank Hill.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
You know, I actually like the Miis on multi-man; it makes a lot of sense.

The wire-frames and alloys were great, but I can see no downside to fighting a horde of Miis. Presumably each one would be randomly generated, so they're all going to be a little different with three completely different base movesets. How is this a bad thing?

Well, I guess every online community needs something to whine incessantly about.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
This Miis, they are ruining every game they step in......Also, I'm sure that the Kremlin trophy thing was unintentional, so King K Roll is NOT confirmed. The Meta Knight thing was intentional, Kremlin trophy is not.
Why do people complain about SBB4 feeling like Uprising? Subspace Emissary IS feels like Kirby Super Star and nobody complains, and Uprising actually feels like Brawl, so I don't see the reason of complaining.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Wow. I must say, Sakurai has thought of everything.

I like Target Smash a lot better than Break the Targets. In Melee, I'm betting it was a real pain to create a unique Targets stage for every single character. And in Brawl, the Target stages were blandly designed because they were made to accommodate the abilities of every character.

Also, I like how the Miis are used for the Multi Man Smash instead of another Fighting "Whatever" Team consisting of copies of other characters. I fancy the wide variety of the Mii Fighter's moves will add some challenge.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
This Miis, they are ruining every game they step in
Not as much as the Mii hate is ruining this forum. They are the new ROB; in a couple of years time we'll be looking back on these opinions wondering what all the fuss was about.

Can we just give it a rest? Can we wait until we've played the game before we claim that it's ruined? Are we really that petty?

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Well, the entire game is not exactly ruined, but the fact that Miis appear and take over some things for the sake of being in trigger those statements. In Mario Kart 7 for example, the Miis have 3 stages dedicated to them, and they are not even Mario characters. The Polygons, Alloys and Wireframes had a charm, fighting those faceless mook instead of playable fighters made Multi Man special. But now Miis replace the entire faceless mooks concept and ruined some of the magic of Multi Man.

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
Y'know, Classic mode is the one single player mode I spent the least amount of time with in Brawl, but it looks like I'll have more than enough reason to replay it: the paths. I'm one of those people who wants to see every single outcome, and this mode will drive me CRAZY trying to see all of them.

(also, I would totally pick the captain falcon route here, if it was my first playing.)

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Well, the entire game is not exactly ruined, but the fact that Miis appear and take over some things for the sake of being in trigger those statements. In Mario Kart 7 for example, the Miis have 3 stages dedicated to them, and they are not even Mario characters. The Polygons, Alloys and Wireframes had a charm, fighting those faceless mook instead of playable fighters made Multi Man special. But now Miis replace the entire faceless mooks concept and ruined some of the magic of Multi Man.
Eh, Miis have their own charm.

I don't know if you were around then, but when the Alloys were revealed, a bunch of people were up in arms about the loss of their precious Wireframes. The test of timed showed that actually, nobody really gave a s***. The same will happen here.

Until we all realise that we don't care, everybody can feel free to stamp their feet and cry about it, I guess.

Last edited:

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
Look in the bottom right hand corner of the picture showing the multiman smash and home run contest, it has 3 dots. Could that mean you can scroll through pages

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
It's nice to see that Classic mode has some more variety (I just played Classic Mode in project m a couple times. What a convienince!).

My question is are the multi-man melee fighters now Mii fighters? That would be a really nice touch if so!

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I don't know if you were around then, but when the Alloys were revealed, a bunch of people were up in arms about the loss of their precious Wireframes. The test of timed showed that actually, nobody really gave a s***. The same will happen here.
Yes, I wasn't around.

XakYm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
XakYm09
3DS FC
0018-0121-2348
It would be really interesting if there you can access secret stages by completing certain requirements and unlock rare items/trophies.

SuperDS64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDS64
3DS FC
1676-3810-3884
Damn, if they're giving coins en-mass, I doubt the 9999 coin limit will be a thing, like in Brawl (though we didn't have anything to do with them cept continues).

YamiKitsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1006-0928-7336
Warning Received
Personally, I don't dislike classic modes like target smash, board the platforms etc. But regarding the people complaining about it... I don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. The polygons, wireframes, and alloys were cool and interesting. There are only three Mii movesets so it's not like there is any more variety here.
~Mii's~

1.Changable Appearance
2.Three different types of character
3.Each Character has 4 different moves for Neutral, Up, Down and Side Special.
4.Different Heights changing speed and power

Porygon and Wireframe were cool, but saying Mii's don't have much variety than them I can't agree with that.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If you're real, you'll go 9.0 intensity every time.

#ShovelKnightNoCheckpoints
This guy knows what's up.

Also, people, STOP HATING ON MIIS FOR GOD'S SAKE, AT FIRST IT WAS ANNOYING, now it's really infuriating, if you don't like them, that's too bad, they're major Nintendo All-Stars!

Oh, and the Fiend's Cauldron is one of the best difficulty sliders I've ever played with, it's up there with Shovel Knight's checkpoint system. So if you're going to keep insulting Kid Icarus Uprising and Smash, don't.

Last edited:

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Is anyone else wondering what the different colors of the paths means?

Also I think it's safe to say that Target Smash is going to be exclusive to WiiU

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
A combination of Brawl and Kid Icaus Uprising, this game is going to be awesome!

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
~Mii's~

1.Changable Appearance
2.Three different types of character
3.Each Character has 4 different moves for Neutral, Up, Down and Side Special.
4.Different Heights changing speed and power

Porygon and Wireframe were cool, but saying Mii's don't have much variety than them I can't agree with that.
Here here! ...or hear hear...
I don't know how to spell it, but either way... word.

Exaggeratedhonesty

Smash Champion
Not as much as the Mii hate is ruining this forum. They are the new ROB; in a couple of years time we'll be looking back on these opinions wondering what all the fuss was about.

Can we just give it a rest? Can we wait until we've played the game before we claim that it's ruined? Are we really that petty?
People hated ROB?

Ignorance

Smash Rookie
There's three pathways in classic mode, three members in the red team, and there the intensity is set on 3. 3+3+3=9 Now we divide it by the number of modes 9/3=3 Half-Life 3 confirmed :troll:
What are you trying to tell us Sakurai?!

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Wait this is based off of the 3DS version, so what about the Wii U? Will it have the same modes as the 3DS as well? Will it have different ones? Then again I know Sakurai is working on some campaign mode for the Wii U version (not like Brawl's Subspace Emisssary sadly), but oddly I haven't heard of many single-player modes for the Wii U version...yet. /:

Top Bottom