• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Super Smash Bros. for 3DS commercials just started airing.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
The Little Mac one was funny. The other two were terrible other than the Dank Kang screech.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Those were pretty funny. I wish they had a different voice for the advertisers.
I also wish they would have one like the Japanese commercial, where people just blast off at full force. I was dying watching that one!

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
These commercials made my day. I always get a kick out of the "so bad, it's good" kind of commercials, especially when they're more funny than cringe-worthy.

Also, interesting reference to the Power Rangers with those transformation scenes.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
The sad thing is that these commercials have probably been the best advertising effort Nintendo put out this year. At least they were "so bad, its good" territory. I still think Nintendo should be taking lessons from the guy who made this awesome fake commercial:

See this was wonderful.

But I enjoy the commercials as well. Especially the Little Mac one.

SoraYoshi

Smash Cadet
NNID
xNinjaYoshix
3DS FC
0130-1855-1624
I've been inspired so much today to make a super close replica of Sam from that Mii fighter commercial to use online with all my other Miis.
I'm strange aren't I.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
90% of the commercials around here sucks anyway, so they were good enough for me.

And Doc Louis just makes everything x10 times better

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
I only liked the Little Mac trailer. The Bus one could have been good had they got rid of the Mii Fighter (Replaced it with Megaman or something) and got rid of the little girl at the end.

The Pizza one was just plain bad. Normal commercials are IMPOSSIBLE with Nintendo. They're either okay or terrible, it's astonishing, really.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
C'mon Sakurai, you have to have at least one more epic CGI Trailer...

They were funny, but I'd rather have an epic one over a funny one.

I quote Doc Louis,

"Smash ain't no joke"

D

Deleted member

At least these commercials got my attention when I saw them on TV. Most commercials don't even get me to look at the TV, but for some reason I watched these before I even knew it was for smash. They might be bad, but they are bad in a great way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom