• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Bros. Brawl Ultimate Tier War: Coming Soon!

_NiNTY

Smash Rookie
*Feel free to skip the first two paragraphs if ya don't like reading big walls of text XD*

At first with the original Super Smash Bros., people thought that tiers were a fad. Many people thought that tiers didn't exist and the skill of the player was more important. But when Super Smash Bros. Melee came out, that's when people began to truly believe in tiers. There were still the people who didn't believe in the existence of tiers, and to some extent... they're right. The skill of the player is indeed very important, but that doesn't mean that tiers don't have a say in anything. For example, let's say there's an extremely skilled Bowser player and a not-so-skilled Sheik player. Of course, the skilled Bowser player would beat the Sheik player. But now let's say that both the Bowser and Sheik player are skilled, the Sheik player has a much higher chance of winning than the Bowser player. It's not because the Sheik player was more skilled, it's simply because Sheik is a better character than Bowser. This is the context in which tiers do exist, there's a reason why you're always seeing top tiers in the finals of national tournaments. Some characters simply have better options than other characters. People eventually realized that tiers did exist with the original Smash Bros.. And this ongoing tier war within the Smash Bros. community was eventually expressed by SuperDoodleMan in 2007 when he released the "The Last Tier War" series of videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEm5F8R1U-c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkSM70A_H4&feature=related

These videos featured a battle between the top tiers and lower tiers, while cracking some jokes here and there. It was great stuff. Unfortunately, there was no more videos released of The Last Tier War after these two. SuperDoodleMan’s videos in general faded off into nothingness, and nobody knows why. And now with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, the tier war is more intense and controversial than ever before. People have gone as far as to ban an entire character from the metagame because of how broken he is (yes... I'm talking about MetaKnight). Now, I will express the intensity and pressure of the tier war with a brand new story called: Super Smash Bros. Brawl – Ultimate Tier War. This is similar to SuperDoodleMan’s Last Tier War, but also different than it in quite a bit of ways. Let me go over the similarities and differences that this story has to offer:

- It’s not in video form, it’s worded. But don’t be discouraged, it’s not like a book. It’s more like reading a script because it goes completely off of what the characters are saying and doing. It may sound weird and stupid right now, but trust me… You’ll like it. I may consider going through the trouble of putting it in video form if it’s demanded enough. Don’t get your hopes up too high for that though…
–You could call it a worded form of SuperDoodleMan’s Last Tier War. Except it has a slightly different story and it goes off of Super Smash Bros. Brawl instead of Melee. It’s A tiers, B tiers, and C tiers versus D tier and below.

I plan to release it right here on SmashBoards. on October 25th or November 3rd. It depends on how long it takes me to put it together.
I plan to release a new episode every 5 days or every week. So be hyped people of the Smash Bros. Community and SmashBoards! It’ll be awesome! :)

Oh yeah, and there's one more difference between this and The Last Tier War. It'll actuially be finished, lol. ;)

_NiNTY

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: Scratch November 3rd. I will be able to release it on October 25th (or maybe even sooner!) :)

_NiNTY

Smash Rookie
UPDATE: Please note that this will be going off of Tier List Version 6 and any other later changes to the Tier List will be irrelevant to this tier war.

_NiNTY

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Ultimate Tier War finally launches on Tuesday! Be ready for it folks!

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to this. :D I'll be torn between my top-tier Oli and bottom-tier Jiggz. Hmm.... decisions, decisions.

_NiNTY

Smash Rookie
Part 1 of Super Smash Bros Brawl: Ultimate Tier War releases tomorrow at 5 PM EST!

Top Bottom