• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I lost you at "context of what I spoke of."
But ok, I didn't want an argument anyway.

So how bout something we can all agree on?
Like... Fire Emblem maybe Kid Icarus? Or Earthbound maybe?
Medusa and I can't think of any decent Mother choices at this point in time. Porky, maybe. I want an actual villain or no one from the Mother series. It already has 3 games and two reps. I think it's sitting well. F-Zero and Metroid seriously need a true second rep.(Zero Suit barely counts as it's literally Samus and doesn't even have her own slot. :facepalm:)

Geno doesn't have that many copyright problems. It's just asking Square to use Geno again, like they did before. You want real problems? Sora. Who owns him? Square? Disney? Both? He's just as viable of an addition(as in he would fit easily), but he's a real copyright nightmare. The problem with Geno is that he's also a Mario character, which taking a 3rd Party slot while still repping the Mario series is a kick in the teeth to others. So unless Nintendo somehow buys him, I wouldn't call him likely. I'd say a regular Square rep could get in first.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
I lost you at "context of what I spoke of."
But ok, I didn't want an argument anyway.

So how bout something we can all agree on?
Like... Fire Emblem maybe Kid Icarus? Or Earthbound maybe?
Earthbound has enough characters already

Maybe Pokey

(More FLAME SHIELDS UP)

but seriously, although I love the game to bits, I didn't get a good loving character story out of Earthbound unless it was Lucas' family, and Claus is a clone. And of course Ness was a no brainer.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Medusa and I can't think of any decent Mother choices at this point in time. Porky, maybe. I want an actual villain or no one from the Mother series. It already has 3 games and two reps. I think it's sitting well. F-Zero and Metroid seriously need a true second rep.(Zero Suit barely counts as it's literally Samus and doesn't even have her own slot. :facepalm:)
I'd personally rather have Dark Pit, only because he could make use of the rediculous amounts of weapons in Uprising.
Other than that though, Palutena gets my vote just for a mage-ish light user.
And while I personally don't like Porky, I agree that he's the most viable character in line.
I also don't really care about Metroid or F-Zero; to be honest, I think they're fine the way they are, but I know I'm alone in this thought.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
F-Zero rep? Personally I think all it needs it Captain Falcon. Metroid needs Ridley, maybe in later Smash games it could get Dark Samus and/or Anthony.

And Kid Icarus could either use Palutena or Medusa. I'd prefer Palutena, but Medusa would be a nice change as a playable female villain. I think Palutena is a bit more deserving personally.

oh, and for a Square Enix rep, Sora or Black Mage. Nuff said.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I'd personally rather have Dark Pit, only because he could make use of the rediculous amounts of weapons in Uprising.
Other than that though, Palutena gets my vote just for a mage-ish light user.
And while I personally don't like Porky, I agree that he's the most viable character in line.
I also don't really care about Metroid or F-Zero; to be honest, I think they're fine the way they are, but I know I'm alone in this thought.
I actually just got Uprising on Monday, and I love it. I'm not done with the story yet, I'm at chapter 20. My friends and I also think Dark Pit would be a great rep, because the weapons in KI:U actually give like infinite moveset potential. The only possible problem with that is recolors. I wouldn't mind Palutena as playable, and if she isn't playable, I'd love a sort of codec thing between Pit and Palutena. The dialogue in that game is possibly the best ever.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
F-Zero rep? Personally I think all it needs it Captain Falcon. Metroid needs Ridley, maybe in later Smash games it could get Dark Samus and/or Anthony.

And Kid Icarus could either use Palutena or Medusa. I'd prefer Palutena, but Medusa would be a nice change as a playable female villain. I think Palutena is a bit more deserving personally.

oh, and for a Square Enix rep, Sora or Black Mage. Nuff said.
Ew Kingdom hearts

just no
gross
Black mage though, yes

Palutena deserves it more yes, but there is like, no female villains in smash.

Metroid is good how it is IMO, doesn't need more people unless maybe Ridley if they feel like it that badly

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I just realized how silly the wording of my question originally was. I could have just said:

Name your four favorite retro picks you want in Smash 4. And gotten similar results.

So, do that thing I bolded! ;)
I 'd love to see these (even if they might seem impossible). Cuz I love obscure characters and they're all pretty cute!

Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)

Hakkun (Sutte Hakkun)

Muddy Mole (Mole Mania)

One of these characters from Shigesato Itoi's No.1 Bass Fishing series (they appear in a tv commercial for the game as well):

Or Itoi himeself, because apparently the game allows you to play as him. If this is true, than that's pretty awesome. But, um, dunno if he'll still count as a retro then haha.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Lol when Paper Mario has the potential to use his partners, hammer, star powers, items...

I doubt he'll jump around the stage punching people.

I don't see why people think he'll just be a clone of regular mario just because he's a different incarnation. It's like saying Majora's Mask Link will be as much of a clone of Link as Toon Link. I'm grump about Toon Link.

Love you all too.

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice
Lol when Paper Mario has the potential to use his partners, hammer, star powers, items...

I doubt he'll jump around the stage punching people.

I don't see why people think he'll just be a clone of regular mario just because he's a different incarnation. It's like saying Majora's Mask Link will be as much of a clone of Link as Toon Link. I'm grump about Toon Link.

Love you all too.
That because he will

saying something uneducated because I can't think of a witty comeback at the moment

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is making me think of a Super Smash Kart. I'm not sure if I hate or love that idea.

It's pretty obvious that Sonic fanboys would call it a ripoff Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing like how the Mario Kart fanboys called it a ripoff Mario Kart. :lol:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't think I'll ever has as much fun as when Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, again. Going through those posts, I'm not sure Sakurai could possibly troll us better than he did then (really hope he does). I literally looked like this GIF for that 15-20 minute frenzy.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Midna and Wolf Link for me. IDC if Midna isn't playable in Smash, I want to play as Wolf Link again.
That too.

Ganondorf... who would he ride? Tingle? Ingo? Volvagia?

Also, can you imagine if the King of Red Lions had wheels added to him for Toon Link to drive? :awesome:
Yes, yes I can. :awesome:

Sheik could ride the Spirit Train. Because it makes as much as sense as Black Shadow using a Falcon Punch. :troll:

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Midna and Wolf Link for me. IDC if Midna isn't playable in Smash, I want to play as Wolf Link again.

Also, can you imagine if the King of Red Lions had wheels added to him for Toon Link to drive? :awesome:
No, **** logic.
Have the KoRL surf on gravel. He could have a floaty feel because of his boat nature. Add WW styled waves around him and the iconic swaying and BOOM, awesome unique character.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Waluigi: "Oh do so, Mario fans/Waluigi haters. Being annoying is my job. I'm like that little puppy who barks all day or unicorn's horns shoved up your ass or pancreatic cancer."

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just want more diversity in the Star Fox roster. I feel like Krystal and even Slippy could bring that.

Even with being slightly Luigifed Falco and Wolf don't over too much different from Fox IMO.
Falco and Wolf play totally different from Fox in Brawl, and on top of that, Falco was super exciting in Melee, and still very different from Fox.

On top of that, Falco only has like 6 of the same attacks as Fox (most of which act differently), whereas Wolf has like 4 moves tops (all that act different, sans the shine).

Why not instead of fixing the characters that work, fix characters that don't, like Zelda, ROB, and the Pokémon Trainer=???
\\

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
In other news, **** playing Project M using a Wimote (+ Nunchuk). Been trying to tolerate that, but no matter how much I fiddle with that I cannot find a sweetspot. This is especially painful when you cannot even preform L-cancelling or Wavedashing because of the awkward placements of the buttons.

Gamecube controller is not an option, playing the game on a Wii U. Thank you Nintendo, you ****ers.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
In other news, **** playing Project M using a Wimote (+ Nunchuk). Been trying to tolerate that, but no matter how much I fiddle with that I cannot find a sweetspot. This is especially painful when you cannot even preform L-cancelling or Wavedashing because of the awkward placements of the buttons.

Gamecube controller is not an option, playing the game on a Wii U. Thank you Nintendo, you ****ers.
I play fine with Wiichuk.
Happy birthday, Horsetail, and.. AH I HAD A REASON WHY TL SHOULD BE THE ONE THAT CHANGES FROM GAME TO GAME BUT COPYPASTA TROLLED ME WHY
And.. you guys have a skype chat?

[Catlord] Kazoto Skytear

Smash Apprentice

brosif

it's okay

just downgrade back to Wii

IT'S THAT SIMPLE

[Insert corny advertising speech here]

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 2783
Super Smash Kart with bikes? Anyone? Anyone??

Seriously, that'd be awesome.
I bet he calls it Epona. :awesome:

Also, Twinrova riding on Boar Ganon(TP). >_>

Shadow Link(Adult) riding on Morpha. Alternatively, Thunderbird. Another option is that he(Toon-style Dark Link)'s being carried by Four Link(or whatever the term was for when he's split in 4).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, Kaz is Kaz from the Skype chat.
Swamp and John and Manly can back me up. Haberno too.

He's just trying to fit in is all.
Yeah, I remember him and him trying to fit in.

Like that time he made that very descriptive fan fic about the first sexual relationship and encounter between Fastblade and Roy! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom