• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Okay, I think I missed your reference. My bad. Lol.

Smooth Criminal
You know when, like, people say "Oh the humanity!" Like it's something swoon-worthy?
I was making a jab at our common foe, the bureaucracy, by pointing to your comment about red tape and invoking said bureaucracy upon it in sarcasm.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If you are going to bash Trayvon's past, might as well do the same to the person who shot him. Zimmerman was accused of domestic violence and arrested for resisting an officer with violence. Not to mention, lying to the judge about money he was hiding.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
If you are going to bash Trayvon's past, might as well do the same to the person who shot him. Zimmerman was accused of domestic violence and arrested for resisting an officer with violence. Not to mention, lying to the judge about money he was hiding.
None of this changes the fact that I cannot take the trial seriously any longer. It's a joke. A somber joke.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I gave up in that trial months ago. Why its going on STILL is stupid.

Speaking of stupid, did you know Kanye named his daughter North....
That means her name is North West...NORTH WEST. ( I personally would have went with Key West, but hey)

He named his child after a compass direction...
I would have named her Adam.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The trial is bonkers. Too embarrassing to watch. The knock-knock joke, the witnesses. I am just going to wait for the verdict.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
In other news: Luxottica is making a monopoly in the glasses market through incredibly successful business.
Incoming trust-busters and statists!
I saw part of the 60 Minutes before turning it off in disgust, instead, have this article about the interview and economics.

In other other edit news: The immigration bill passed the Senate. Pet projects, pet projects (purpose built to gum up the works) everywhere. That's only part of it, though, there's. . . a lot. Too much to read.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
In other news: Luxottica is making a monopoly in the glasses market through incredibly successful business.
Yeah; they spend like 14 dollars on making a product and mark it up anywhere from 90 to 300 dollars depending on the logo they decide to print on it.

Eyewear is a scam unless you buy generics or stuff that's not made by Luxxotica. Knockaround and/or Warby Parker are great and inexpensive if you really want brand name eyewear that's also high quality and reasonably priced.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey I got a trophy! . . .

It's muh birfday :3

I should go to bed, my mom is making crepes in the morning.
Just a few more articles.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If I recall correctly, the clones in Melee were added because of extra time. Not sure about the Brawl clones.
About Melee, something I wouldn't know. I never knew about the game until my cousin got it for my birthday, and I never really did any research on Melee's development.
Sakurai said he's going to work hard on balancing Smash 4, let's hope he'll remove all true clones and not add any new ones as well.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yeah; they spend like 14 dollars on making a product and mark it up anywhere from 90 to 300 dollars depending on the logo they decide to print on it.
Brand name eyewear is a scam unless you buy generics. Knockaround and/or Warby Parker are great and inexpensive if you really want a brand name eyewear that's also high quality and reasonably priced.
You REALLY should read that article I linked. It's chock full of goodies. An example:
In her investigation, Stahl also interviewed Brett Arends, a columnist for Smart Money and MarketWatch.com. Arends noted that, “the whole point of a luxury brand is to persuade people to pay $200 for a product that cost $30 to make.” Although the intent was to make the listener cringe, this is a noteworthy achievement, setting aside the vague but fiery “persuade” semantics. If an entrepreneur can take a lump of raw materials of relatively low value and employ labor and capital to transform it into something of high value to consumers, is this not a service to mankind?
It's all sorts of incredibly intelligent and at the same time somehow funny (but by no means satirical) scholarly writing.
I wear glasses too! :O

Edit: D'aww, thanks guys!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
During melee's development I wasn't involved in any internet communities so I just searched for info on the internet.

The only place I could find was a Japanese web site I checked daily. I checked the daily updates and saw all the new characters

I imagine if I was restricted to a Japanese site again I'd think Ridley and Little Mac were characters in Brawl

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
During melee's development I wasn't involved in any internet communities so I just searched for info on the internet.

The only place I could find was a Japanese web site I checked daily. I checked the daily updates and saw all the new characters

I imagine if I was restricted to a Japanese site again I'd think Ridley and Little Mac were characters in Brawl
I envy you.
I used the internet back in 2001, but I didn't pay attention to SSBM until 2004.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

Happy Berfday Monk
Which is funny because I regularly spar with my friend who knows Jeet Kune Do and Wing Chun.
He also has cerebral palsy. Though very minor, an expert said the most minor he's ever seen.
Oh how we've bled. Hehehe. Punching each other sure is great.

Lucky first page post twice in a row! w00t.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ironic you all were talking about some person named "Zimmerman" when I am watching star trek voyager

Zimmerman is the man who made the EM Hologram doctor and whose image it's based off of

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can I touch a different organ than his heart with a birthday wish?

Happy birthday

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Thank you so much. I was thinking about quitting teh interwebs foarebur because of the ickyness I've seen of it as of late. Maybe I'm just getting summer stir crazy. But you've all strengthened me once again, my vigil and watch will continue.

On a side note, I seriously do not get it when individuals get offended when I say "you people" to them.

I really should go to bed, guten nacht!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Actually it's more like "On a boring afternoon..." and then the lewd fluff. Not to mention mayonnaise is normally not involved, usually it's something more along the lines of chocolate or honey.
The ones involving jam/jelly, some type of frosting, and whip cream number into too much to count on one free hand territory.

Anyway for some reason people are happy that you're a year closer to expiring, so I just hope these people haven't ruined your day, Monk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom