• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Blog Updates | NEWEST: Ditto

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Japan also got an exclusive Bomberman update! Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , you you'd be ever so kind to lend your translation services.

【きょうの思い出】ボンバーマン
当時の説明書にはボンバーマン=ロードランナーと記載されていました。

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Today’s Thoughts: Back in that time, Bomberman was listed as “Lode Runner” in the instruction booklet.

I think. I lack familiarity with bomberman and it’s history so makes me a little unsure about it.

Last edited:
New Link is nice. was worried they would get rid of the old moveset, but im totally fine with what we have because it's still the same old Link I love.

And we get the new costume AND the old one. Nice.

:061:

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
Today’s Thoughts: Back in that time, Bomberman was described as “Lode Runner”.

I think. I lack familiarity with bomberman and it’s history so makes me a little unsure about it.

Basically, from the NES Bomberman, once you beat it Lvl. 50 a screen shows that Bomberman turned into Runner and was going to be in Lode Runner. Bomberman was initially touted as a prequel to Lode Runner.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
It’s somehwere between 12 pm and 7 pm here in Japan. So that’s 11 pm and 6 am in the States Eastern Time. The updates seem to come at different times of the day with, for now, three per day. Also, it’s Saturday today so we will see if there will be any updates on the weekend.

In addition, the Japanese site has different blog updates (and more) compared to the US version. I can help translate the ones that’s not featured. Source Gaming @PushDustIn seems to be the man for the job, though.

https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/blog/index.html

Edit: Stickied the thread for now.
For those of us in PST then its anywhere from 8PM-3AM

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
PlayerOneTyler PlayerOneTyler

Ice Climbers was updated with video.

Also from the japanese blog

2018.6.22金

【きょうの思い出】15:アイスクライマー
いつも一緒のポポとナナですが、1985年当時のパッケージにはナナしかいませんでした。

Today’s Thoughts: 15: Ice Climbers
Ice Climbers has always been both Popo and Nana but back in 1985, the game package showed only Nana.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Ice Climbers was updated with video.

Also from the japanese blog

2018.6.22金

【きょうの思い出】15:アイスクライマー
いつも一緒のポポとナナですが、1985年当時のパッケージにはナナしかいませんでした。

Today’s Thoughts: 15: Ice Climbers
Ice Climbers has always been both Popp and Nana but back in 1985, the game package showed only Nana.
Do you mean Popo, or is it Popp in Japanese? lol

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the developers will actually make the iconic Star KOs/Screen KOs only occurring count as already KO'd after crossing the blast zone instead of waiting for the animation to finish... That'd be an amazing announcement from now to December 7th, 2018.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
These guys are REALLY inconsistent, huh?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeesh, and I thought POTD's were inconsistent...

What if they're taking so long because they got a BIG reveal tonight? :0000000

...Nah.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's bizarre that we got nothing today, though. Fridays were always the biggest days, in both the Dojo and POTD days.

Beh. Who knows at this point.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
PotD typically occurred around 3-5 pm Japan time so that’s 2-4 am America ET without daylight savings. This seems sporadic with some updates happening later in the afternoon or mid-morning. So technically, an update that happens at 10 am Monday here in Japan would be 9 pm Sunday ET time.

Maybe this is Sakurai’s way of punishing us for when a PotD was late or sub-par and we ******* and whined about it.

But then again we are sometimes getting 3 a day. That’s nice. What was even more bizarre is that we didn’t get any update last Monday. It was Aloan Vulpix until Tuesday.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
For each of the eight fighters already introduced through these blog posts, you can see on their individual pages that there's a link to the blog archives with all (?) the updates involving those characters. Could it be that we'll get more updates beyond these "fighter of the day" dailies? For detailing misc. changes to their movesets that Sakurai couldn't go over during the Direct? That could sound completely underwhelming at first, but remember that this blog has been known to have multiple updates a day, which allows them to cover a broader variety of info...

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Looks like they'll go through the demo roster first to me.

PlayerOneTyler

New music from Snipperclips up today! Interestingly, it doesn't have a series symbol... so stage and character disconfirmed?

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
Shot in the dark guess: Snipperclips music will play on PictoChat.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

2018.6.27水

【きょうの思い出】スカポン
1993年にファミコン用に発売された格闘ゲーム『ジョイメカファイト』の主人公です。一応お笑い芸人ロボットだそうです。

Today’s Thoughts: This the hero of the game “Joy Mecha Fighter” which first came out on the NES system in 1993. It is more or less a comical robot.

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

2018.6.27水

【きょうの思い出】スカポン
1993年にファミコン用に発売された格闘ゲーム『ジョイメカファイト』の主人公です。一応お笑い芸人ロボットだそうです。

Today’s Thoughts: This the hero of the game “Joy Mecha Fighter” which first came out on the NES system in 1993. It is more or less a comical robot.
Thanks for the translation! :) First post is up to date.

Remember when Sukapon was brought up like one time back in the Brawl days by Sakurai and suddenly EVERYONE wanted him?

NTDO89

Smash Apprentice
Remember when Sukapon was brought up like one time back in the Brawl days by Sakurai and suddenly EVERYONE wanted him?
I do. I smiled when I saw his Assist Trophy in the E3 video. Sakurai finally got him in the game outside of a sticker.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Lunala the Pokemon (from a Pokeball) has been posted.

EDIT: Solgaleo was posted too.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We knew about these but still awesome to get some information. I like how some blogs have multiple slideable pictures

rlwrgh

Smash Apprentice
It’s somehwere between 12 pm and 7 pm here in Japan. So that’s 11 pm and 6 am in the States Eastern Time. The updates seem to come at different times of the day with, for now, three per day. Also, it’s Saturday today so we will see if there will be any updates on the weekend.

In addition, the Japanese site has different blog updates (and more) compared to the US version. I can help translate the ones that’s not featured. Source Gaming @PushDustIn seems to be the man for the job, though.

https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/blog/index.html

Edit: Stickied the thread for now.
interesting i wonder why japan has exclusive posts.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
【きょうの思い出】02:ドンキーコング
1981年にアーケードゲームとして発売された『ドンキーコング』。移動とジャンプだけで障害物を避けながらドンキーコングに連れ去られたレディを救うゲームです。後ろにいる男は何者でしょうか…?

Today’s Thoughts: O2 Donkey Mong
The arcade game “Donkey Kong” was released in 1981. It was a game where there was only move and jump in order to obstacles constinlusly thrown at you by Donkey Kong in order to save the lady. Who is that person in the background...?

Source gaming also has translations, too. We might have different ones but the meaning remains the same to feel free to use whichever one you want to.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I’m expecting July to pick up the pace a tad. Especially if there really is 6 new characters yet to be announced. I’d say we get one a month until release. I’m anxious to find out what stages we are getting two. I’d like to see New Donk City in action next month.

PlayerOneTyler

Updated with the Donkey Kong stuffs. The order they're showing the characters in is sorta weird and random. I can't really detect a pattern other than the fact that they're all from the demo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom