• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Sentai ideas

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I've been getting into tokusatsu and it made mull over potential Super Sentai themes. So that's why I made this thread! If you're at all familiar with Super Sentai and/or Power Rangers, then this is the thread to let your ideas shine. As for mine:
  • Earth Squadron Gaiaranger (地球戦隊ガイアレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Seasons, elements
  • Strategy Squadron Chessranger (戦略戦隊チェスレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Chess, role-playing games
    • The heroes are based on shogi (Japanese chess) and the villains are based on Western chess
  • History Squadron Epoch Ranger (歴史戦隊エポックレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Different periods of Japanese history
  • Heaven Squadron Rock-Onger (天国戦隊ロックオンガー)
    • Motifs: Angels, rock-and-roll
    • The villains would be demons with classical music motifs

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
This isn't something I've ever really considered before, but I feel like I may as well give it a shot! (Even if my experience with this sort of thing is very limited.)

That said, my basic idea would probably be named something like Jack Squadron Fantasy Ranger, with the general motif being traditional European and American "fairy tales" and "fables". The heroes are each based on a different "Jack" - namely Jack Frost (silver), Spring Heeled Jack (purple), Jack and the Beanstalk (green), Jack-O-Lantern (orange), and Jack of Hearts (red), with each having slightly different motifs and design elements to reflect their sources. Ideally, I'd also suggest that each of their weapons would be slightly unique, too - though to what extent is limited a little by budget, I'll admit. Also, to change things up from what's typical, Silver would actually be the "leader" of the group.

To contrast this, the villains would be based on a variety of other folk tales of the sort. I can imagine some you'd expect, like Baba Yaga or Rumpelstiltskin, but then a couple of others that make little to no sense, like Jack the Ripper as some sort of comically psychopathic "inverse" of the main group. It'd also be fun to see some fights have pretty unique solutions beyond just blowing the opponent up with a mecha, considering the history of riddles as a part of folklore.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I've been getting into tokusatsu and it made mull over potential Super Sentai themes. So that's why I made this thread! If you're at all familiar with Super Sentai and/or Power Rangers, then this is the thread to let your ideas shine. As for mine:
  • Earth Squadron Gaiaranger (地球戦隊ガイアレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Seasons, elements
  • Strategy Squadron Chessranger (戦略戦隊チェスレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Chess, role-playing games
    • The heroes are based on shogi (Japanese chess) and the villains are based on Western chess
  • History Squadron Epoch Ranger (歴史戦隊エポックレンジャー)
    • Motifs: Different periods of Japanese history
  • Heaven Squadron Rock-Onger (天国戦隊ロックオンガー)
    • Motifs: Angels, rock-and-roll
    • The villains would be demons with classical music motifs
I never watched Super Sentai, but I think it would be cool to have a season where the theme is classic horror monsters, the villains are a death cult that wants to collect fear to revive their evil blood god and the heroes are escapees of said cult and rather than kill the monsters of the week they instead try to purify them and remove them of their fear to make them better people. The heroes all have zords/mechas based off classic monsters like bats, scorpions, demons, sharks, and wolves, and the heroes could have a light and dark form as powerups.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I'm not a Super Sentai fan,even i'm fan of superhero genre,but i heard some franchises these type as Power Rangers and a game called Chroma Squad

Here's my idea of a Super Sentai Team

Hyper Warriors
Motif: i don't know,but each member wears a different weapon and are based on a different archetype

Red Swordsman Warrior (Red Ranger)
Blue Lancer Warrior (Blue Ranger)
Yellow Hammer-Wielder Warrior (Yellow Ranger)
Pink Archer Warrior (Pink Ranger)
Whip-Wielder Warrior (Black Ranger)
Green Magic Staff Warrior (Green Ranger)

And this team have a kinda of Megazord,it's called: UltraBot

Top Bottom