• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Jump revamped

Depster

Smash Champion
Well, I tried to do Chaco's DR>Shield (which is quite snazzy), and I just did a DJAD from the ground and from there could do the second double jump.

D

Deleted member

Wow this looks interesting, you could go high enough to chase a recovering snake, then if u miss you could down b aerially and its likely u'll either hit him or he'll be hit by the stars when he lands.

Good find son.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
It's completely useless. You get BARELY more height from that "triple jump". When I say barely I mean, less height than you would get from your 2nd egg throw in the air.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Well, I'm pretty sure that on stages with platforms you'll be able to jump much higher than normal if you can DJAD right before you land on a platform. Battlefield is a good example: Jump from the bottom level to one of the middle platforms, DJAD right before you land on the platform, then Superjump. >.>

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
yep, but instead of doing that... you can just land on the platform to regain your 2 jumps again. It's alot easier to pull off (duh), you do not waste a jump by air dodging, and you can adapt to your opponent's action better. The only drawback is that it takes slightly more time to get to that double jump height. Not significant enough to start using it tho.

Depster

Smash Champion
yep, but instead of doing that... you can just land on the platform to regain your 2 jumps again. It's alot easier to pull off (duh), you do not waste a jump by air dodging, and you can adapt to your opponent's action better. The only drawback is that it takes slightly more time to get to that double jump height. Not significant enough to start using it tho.
Go troll the peach boards or something, your pessimism is irritating. Super jump is a reliable surprise KO setup and maybe 1 in 100 smashers know about it.

So yeah, just a quicker way to do it instead of taking that little short hop first.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Go troll the peach boards or something, your pessimism is irritating. Super jump is a reliable surprise KO setup and maybe 1 in 100 smashers know about it.

So yeah, just a quicker way to do it instead of taking that little short hop first.
I'm being realistic.

And i don't think anyone has ever used it successfully. Show me a "triple jump" ko from a real match. You are not going to find one.

Let's say, you miraculously do land one (that's not to say that you wouldn't have by double jumping normally), if you are playing an opponent that can think, he will realize that you can only do it after airdodging near the ground or platform. So next time he's in the air and sees you "randomly" air dodging, you can be sure that he will expect it, avoid it, and hopefully punish it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
DJAD?

Hella nice!

We have a new techer.

Alright at the pessimism in this thread, Yoshi needs everything he can in his disposal. So don't start knocking things off. We need everything we can get.

Also, this is useful! Ever tried to get a Uair kill and couldn't get high enough? Problem solved.

Depster

Smash Champion
DJAD?

Hella nice!

We have a new techer.

Alright at the pessimism in this thread, Yoshi needs everything he can in his disposal. So don't start knocking things off. We need everything we can get.

Also, this is useful! Ever tried to get a Uair kill and couldn't get high enough? Problem solved.
Exactly, everything helps. And yes, I've gotten several KOs with it. Like I said, 1 in 100 know about it.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: As rarely as I use it, this technique does actually net the occasional clutch up air KO.

Any more ways to get it out and abuse it would be beneficial, I think.

Also Chaco, I am still thinking about what you suggested to me. Give me a few days to sit on it.

Depster

Smash Champion
well, with my new way of doing it, it becomes much less situational and more useful. I don't know about you, but roughly half of my KOs are from uair

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
somebody told me the same about the wavedash in melee, that it would be useless
and now? it´s used by every advanced melee player

i think the big breakthrough of the DR will come later, but i´m sure it will come ^^...
the same thing^^
atm it´s not really usefull, but i think that it´s great to enlarge the range of the uair, just like Chaco said: "Also, this is useful! Ever tried to get a Uair kill and couldn't get high enough? Problem solved."

and thats just one possibility, i think that there will be some other ones too in a few time^^

auroreon

Smash Ace
Even if this is very situational and isn't very useful most of the time, I can think up quite a few situations where it would be useful. Any new tricks you can add to your Yoshi is good.
Pulling out this moves makes you unpredictable and it can confuse your opponant into doing something stupid. Even if you can only make use of this once every few matches, at least your gaining something out of it.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
yeah i actually have tried the super jump works best with platforms, but even when i want to toy aorund and try it i just can nail it perfectly but i have been trough cases in wich i need it, anyways the move doesnt sound bad and like said before any new Yoshi move that we get is just another option we can use instead of the simple decision, these habbits on picking what we always do lead us in being predictable doing these so called *useless* things every once in a while will give variety, sure fial to pull them off and your gonna get countered and punish but im starting to think Yoshi game style is *Risk and Reward* if you risk trying something you might never acomplish anything, Master those moves and your going to be one tough dino ^_^ this move comes in handy for high fliers so lets only use it on those

Top Bottom