• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Of course the “insiders” are full of it, I stick to my theory that they’re being fed false information on purpose. We’ll find out tomorrow, stay hopeful Isaac bros (and sisters).

Honestly, its way too suspicious that most “insider” information seems to completely conflict with one anothers.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Firstly: A full-blown Smash Direct for whopping 40 minutes is coming in tomorrow 10 AM EST, and a Treehouse Live on top of it.

However, various reporters with insider sources are implicating the banner's somehow faked, and most of the characters shown in it are actually Assist Trophies in the game. Though this seems more a side symptom of how these guys are starting to finally realize how deep it has sinked in that they were probably given various sprinkles of false information.

Sadly a lot here started getting pessimistic after hearing these guys, I think. :urg:
There’s no way I’m going to doubt Isaacs inclusion for a second. He has so much going for him and tomorrow fills me with so much hope rather than all this dumb news coming from these so called insiders. Isaac is in. I just know tomorrow we will see him in his reveal trailer. It’s gotta happen. I’m staying strong and hopeful till the very end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When it comes to speculation, people can be very fickle. It's not on an indictment on them personally, but it seems like whenever some news happens, people switch gears.

The Grinch Leak hasn't been debunked, even after a whole week, and all of these other people, who were presumably believing that we'd get just two more characters, are claiming all sorts of things about how the stuff on the wrist bands are phony and that they'd put Assist Trophies in the roster.

They're scared.

They're scared of no longer having credibility in the future, which they loved. So, to save face, they're making all sorts of claims, hoping people will lap it up.

By tomorrow night, we will be going bananas. For the right reasons.

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I have to admit I'm being a little pessimistic with all these new info (being real or not, it just doesn't help)... But thinking about the Rathalos tweet, the great poll results for Isaac, the "growth" item, him being cut from Sm4sh (I consider that as "he was going to be in but we didn't have enough time", even the grinch leak....

It would be extremely depressing if after all this he is just an AT or something like that....

THE SUN THAT WILL RISE TOMORROW WILL BE THE SHINIEST ONE EVER!

Edit: I'm even thinking that some Nintendo employee just told a lot of people (leakers' sources) something like "oh...about the banner? yeah....they're AT btw, see those two? they're AT so that banner is fake" as fake info. So those sources told a lot of leakers what they had been told and so on.... Why the "they're AT!" came just 1 day before the direct when the banner leak existed for a whole week?....

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Keep the faith, Golden Sun-bathers!

You guys have a LOT going for you:

Issac has CONSISTENTLY been among the top voted characters throughout every ballot result, something Sakurai has put into mind with this roster
Any other characters higher voted, such as King K. Rool, Ridley, or any of the veterans are already in!
Issac and Golden Sun are a second-party representative, so while they aren't completely owned by Nintendo, they have priority!
Golden Sun has already been represented in Smash with Issac being an Assist Trophy and music being included!
Many other Assist Trophies have evolved into playable characters (Little Mac, Isabelle, Dark Samus), and Issac seems a prime choice to evolve next!
That mysterious item that popped up in the Wendy's promotional trailer points to a Golden Sun item.
The Rathalos picture Sakurai tweeted months back points to a Golden Sun reference. That can't be coincidence!

Even if the leak turns out false tomorrow, you guys still have a heck of a chance!

I would love the leak to be real because it would mean my beloved backpacking bear & bird would finally return to Nintendo in the coolest most unexpected way possible, as part of the BASE roster for Smash, after YEARS of telling myself it was impossible. That their ship had sailed. That Duck Hunt would be the only mammal & bird combination I would ever get. I can't guarantee that unfortunately despite wanting it more than anything. But if your Golden Boy makes it, I'll be happy for you all. It'll hopefully mean the bear and bird won't be far behind...

Last edited:

LegendOfDragoon

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I think these """"leakers"""" now are on full rampage because they know the end is near (at least talking about being trusted). They know their leaks were false or they know some of their info could have never been right so now they're trying to get their "last 5 seconds of glory" because they're fading away...

They're not going to shut their mouth without making a scene....

I'm not going to say that's just pathetic because I don't know if the leak is real or not but it's....kinda childish.
The weird part is no matter how many times they're wrong, people will keep coming back like they deserve to be trusted. Vergeben is a perfect example.

lexpic17

Smash Rookie
I'm doing my best to keep the faith with the Rathalos picture and the growth icon item... but honestly, feels a bit like I just found out Christmas is cancelled. Hoping against all hope that its fake.

I've never been anti-Vergeben, but hoped he was wrong (nothing against Incineroar and Ken, just not interesting to me). I must say, I'm rather disappointed in how he handled this. Cena mic drop after saying a character that thousands of people have been hoping to be playable? Especially one in which his home game isn't producing anything recently? It screams of immaturity to me. I know a lot of people have been rude to him, which is uncalled for. But he also is the one seeking attention. He isn't an actor or musician, who gain fame from their work and happen to have to deal with the public attention as a byproduct. He is choosing to leak this info, looking for the attention.

I can only hope...
1) Vergeben is wrong and Isaac is playable or
2) Isaac is an AT... but Felix or Matthew is playable.

Holding my breath until tomorrow...

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
Direct starts, showing the intro trailer for Isaac:

Presenting: Super Smash Brothers Ultimate X Golden Sun.

Isaac as base character and Garet, Ivan and Mia as echo.

The full party is here! They have different special attacks according their elements!

· New stage: Venus Lighthouse
· New arrangements: Isaac Battle Theme, Saturos Battle Theme
· New items: Venus Djiin, Mars Djiin, Mercury Djiin, Jupiter Djiin
· New boss: Alex
· Final Smash: Judgement, Meteor, Thor and Boreas.
· Assis Trophies: Kraden! He just doesn't stop talking (Nintendogs echo AT), Felix! He just stands in the middle of the battle checking his arms to know if they're in their place!

...what else?

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Well, the sense of finality is starting to set in. This is truly it for speculation. After this we'll ether have won, be in it for DLC, or, worse, trapped in snowglobe hell. It's been an honor. LET'S DO THIS.

When we see Sakurai

Edit: Wrong video

Last edited:

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Regardless of the outcome, if Isaac is an AT or not.
He’s in the game. Yes being an AT sucks, but nintendo knee we wanted Isaac in some fashion.

My advice, just expect nothing from this direct.
So if Isaac is an AT it will hurt less.

If he is an AT,
Act civil, don’t harass people and try to have an okay day.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Regardless of the outcome, if Isaac is an AT or not.
He’s in the game. Yes being an AT sucks, but nintendo knee we wanted Isaac in some fashion.

My advice, just expect nothing from this direct.
So if Isaac is an AT it will hurt less.

If he is an AT,
Act civil, don’t harass people and try to have an okay day.
If he's an AT, we just have to all vote for him again in the next ballot

Remember if he returns as an AT, it means Sakurai saw his popularity in the Ballot and brought him back, If we did it again, he would realize how much we want Isaac

We keep on going people no matter the placement

EndlessPillows

Smash Rookie
That's exactly the point, can't they just shut their mouth and let us enjoy the direct peacefully ? We don't need leaks especially contradicting ones a few hours before a direct we needed them weeks ago.
They want attention. That's why they "leak". The grinch stole their thunder, real or not.

Now Nintendo has put a timer on their ability to continue to hold this over our heads.

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
Guys, stop being negative. Isaac is in. We have the Grinch leak that only has insiders going against it. This leak is the only thing they agree on because they all say different characters are in. You can't take on your of their info at face value if they all contradict each other when the leak they say is fake has so much actually going for it.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
You guys are accepting he's an AT?

hahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

That's funny.

And no. Most of the counterclaims against his inclusion in base have been nothing more than disappointing.

No, I don't believe that he's an AT.

And I'm at least glad some of you are not giving up hope yet.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Coming from the Shantae thread. You guys really don't have anything to worry about, I highly doubt Sakurai took Issac out in Smash3Ds/WiiU just to turn him back into a AT for this Smash game.

He has a lot of love, I won't be surprise if he's either the first reveal or last revealed character in the direct.

Pwnapplez

Smash Ace
Attention gamers! Isaac is in great danger and needs YOUR help! To beat the Assist Trophy Curse and become a fighter, he's gonna need your credit card #, the three digits on the back, and the expiration month and year. But hurry, before the Nintendo Direct and Vergeben is right!

ProperlyBasic

Smash Rookie
Does a lot of people claiming to have inside info saying Isaac is an AT suck? Yes. It puts dread into the eager anticipation for the direct. But at the end of the day I have to overrule my emotions and go with the evidence I've seen. Otherwise I will be tossed to and fro by everybody with something to say.

The insiders have contradicted the leak, but I have not seen any evidence from them that erodes the evidence supporting the leak (Grinch or sprout). I haven't seen what these insiders claim to have seen or heard, so I have to go on what I've seen. Does that mean I'm 100% confident Isaac is in? No, but I'm cautiously optimistic. And honestly, that's a better place than I was at in with Brawl and Smash 4.

We have campaigned for Isaac, gotten this thread to 700+ pages, and spent tons of time because we think Isaac in smash is a good thing worth putting our time, energy, and emotions into. That doesn't change even if people come out and say they don't think Isaac is in. We still believe he would be good for smash. If that doesn't happen, there may be sadness, but there is no shame.

I'm here to celebrate with you if he is in and go down with the ship if he isn't. Tomorrow, whether I'm over the top in joy or crushed with sadness , I will have my head high with you guys.

Pyzlnar

Smash Apprentice
I don't think anyone is accepting he's an assist rather than acknowledging the possibility.
Because, you know it has always been one.

That said, I think being an assist would really really hurt this time around.

Sides how can you trust any of these leaks when none even mentions 50cent. >: (

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone is accepting he's an assist rather than acknowledging the possibility.
Because, you know it has always been one.

That said, I think being an assist would really really hurt this time around.

Sides how can you trust any of these leaks when none even mentions 50cent. >: (
Acknowledging the possibility is one thing, but this thread is so scared at the mere mention of it, they flee like a turkey with it's head cut off.

I'm just asking to be positive on here.

roydgriffin

Smash Rookie
Sakurai never actually revealed Isaac was an assist trophy in Brawl until after the game was released so it's not as if there isn't precedent for leaving us hanging.
He was revealed on the Brawl Dojo back then, several months before release

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Just wanted to drop by and wish Isaac good luck for tomorrow. Personally don't know what to think of the "leak", but I think Isaac deserves his day and has a few things going for him that give him a solid go at it.

I'm sure you'll all be as happy as many of the other fan-bases that this speculation is nearly over, lol.

Last edited:

Everlong

Smash Rookie
Man, it's only been a couple hours and today already feels like the longest day of my life. This suspense is going to be the actual death of me.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Remember guys, night is always the darkest before dawn.

The leaker are losing their crown, their crowd is doubting them and their are afraid of losing their fame, they forgot it was only temporary and now try to claim whatever could seem controvertial to keep peoples attention.
"Everyone on the banner is an AT" my ass they are. Don't listen to them, they don't know ****, most of them probably never did.
So kick back, chill, bake some sun themed cake for tomorrow and enjoy the reveal.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So what has Billybae10K Billybae10K said on this Verge stuff? Looking at all those times Verge has been wrong is telling, but just curious on Billys and papagenos papagenos ideas on whats going on. If they already said anything i appolgize for missing it

SkulltulaKid

Smash Cadet
I'm from the Skull Kid board and just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck! Isaac is looking like he has a really good shot! Hopefully both the sun and the moon will shine upon us tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom