• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
Welp since I don't want the mood to be killed by such BS here is a fun fact:

The building where I live in has one neighbor that looks exactly like Kraden. I always need to grin when I see him.
ANOTHER HINT FOR ISAAC

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Stealth refused to answer my question whether or not Isaac was an assist trophy. And looking at the specific wording of that tweet. "I imagined Isaac actually being in the base roster"

That suggests to me, that at the absolute least. He's not an assist. As that would be a death sentence.

Does he have a good track record or something
When it comes to smash Ultimate, Yes. Dangerously clean. When it comes to everything else? Good God no lol. I have seen some folks on reset era comment that "Welp this mean's he's in" joking about his track record. Also, I didn't know this till just now. But apparently Stealth has been banned from Reset Era? That's not a good look. Not at all.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I feel like everyone around the grinch leak tries to deny it without solid proof.

Like they try to kill everyones hype so no one is expecting any of it anymore as if it's real and they don't want to "kill the surprise". THAT'S suspicious to me lol.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
He seams as lost as any other insiders, says a thing, backtrack, gives no explications just plain statements.
Also after such a big leak being true or not I imagine Nintendo would have double the Ninja's number, false information and security rate.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He seams as lost as any other insiders, says a thing, backtrack, gives no explications just plain statements.
Also after such a big leak being true or not I imagine Nintendo would have double the Ninja's number, false information and security rate.
It would certainly explain the 180s and other nonsense coming from all these ""insiders"".

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
When it comes to smash Ultimate, Yes. Dangerously clean. When it comes to everything else? Good God no lol. I have seen some folks on reset era comment that "Welp this mean's he's in" joking about his track record. Also, I didn't know this till just now. But apparently Stealth has been banned from Reset Era? That's not a good look. Not at all.
The only thing I can find him correctly leaking for Ultimate is "a DK character." Is there anything else he got right? I'm not doubting you, I just can't find anything and I'm very curious.

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Stealth refused to answer my question whether or not Isaac was an assist trophy. And looking at the specific wording of that tweet. "I imagined Isaac actually being in the base roster"

That suggests to me, that at the absolute least. He's not an assist. As that would be a death sentence.

Well, while this is worrisome to me, I don't feel like Smash Ultimate has been that hard to guess, what with every character being highly requested so far. Unless I know his specific track record, I won't form an opinion on him.

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet
We're doom and gloom now?

Isaac and Geno are probably the two most likely to make it even if the leak is fake.

I'd worry about Banjo, honestly.
The hype train started after that stupid tweet and all it did is run into a stupid wall of crap and disappointment. third party crap is all they are care about from here on out.

Salocin

Smash Rookie
If the leak is fake, we still have...

-The Smash Ballot
-Rathalos’ pic
-Trademark renewal
-Potential Growth item
-The possibility of Isaac still getting in anyway

and if all that fails,

-DLC

If Isaac isn’t in the base roster, I can’t see him not being DLC.

Last edited:

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
The hype train started after that stupid tweet and all it did is run into a stupid wall of crap and disappointment. third party crap is all they are care about from here on out.
Timeout. One insider makes a claim without evidence and suddenly you lose faith that easily? Reminder: Nintendo renewed the trademark on the franchise this year BEFORE IT CAME DUE. This say something's up. The mindless musings of one insider does not effect whether or not Isaac is in. The only person that can is Sakurai. Until Sakurai personally comes out and says that Isaac is not playable, I won't lose hope. Don't lose hope, it's what we got left. We're so close to doing something amazing and a Direct is FINALLY coming fairly soon to clear the air. To quote my band director "pull together, not apart."

Delta64

Smash Journeyman
Watching a stream that has Artsy Omni talking on another channel about the leak.
Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-li-krpEWaw
Edit: Artsy Omni says that even if the leak is fake Shadow, Ken, and Isaac have the biggest chance (in his opinion).
Edit 2: Stream is over. Artsy says that he went from team real to team fake (when he made his videos talking about the discrepancies) and now he says he is team neutral.

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
So we have:
1-a supposedly crazy leak with a ridiculous amount of circumstantial evidence towards it
2-an insider (? Is he even an insider) saying it's fake with no proof

Hmmm it's tough to choose which one makes more sense to believe...

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Timeout. One insider makes a claim without evidence and suddenly you lose faith that easily? Reminder: Nintendo renewed the trademark on the franchise this year BEFORE IT CAME DUE. This say something's up. The mindless musings of one insider does not effect whether or not Isaac is in. The only person that can is Sakurai. Until Sakurai personally comes out and says that Isaac is not playable, I won't lose hope. Don't lose hope, it's what we got left. We're so close to doing something amazing and a Direct is FINALLY coming fairly soon to clear the air. To quote my band director "pull together, not apart."
You tell him man. We have come so far that you’d be crazy to see me give up. I’m fighting for Isaac and I just know he has to be in this time. We Isaac bros will not be swayed by this. At least I won’t!

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
You should not be so negative about unconfirmed information.
I mean, I get that we are all hoping that Grinch Leak is real because it is perfect for us but deep down we all know that it all can change at any moment.
Ultimately we won't know who is telling the truth until Nintendo themselves come out and reveal everything.
So we all should hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet
It is my natural response to take crappy news, and expect the worst results. But hey if he is in, as unlikely as it is, I guess I can take the l with pride.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
All these guys make me laugh. I can cite sources too.

Hey guys, my sources tell me that the Grinch leak is pretty much accurate, and that Felix was being worked on as an AT, but after the overwhelmingly positive response to the Rathalos pic and Golden Sun trending on the day of the September Direct, he was scrapped and is now on the list for DLC. Dixie and Ray are there too, Monster Hunter was cut due to Sakurai not figuring out his moveset.

For all you guys know, I’m also an insider with sources.

What kind of world do we live in where an asshole working at a small marketing firm has more balls than these so-called journalists?

spaceperson741

Smash Cadet
Okay. This is sorta getting sad. Could we get a formal compilation of ALL of the evidence for the leak? Not to debate it, but to give hope. We won't get anywhere with all of this doubting. I haven't been paying enough attention all throughout to compile it myself, but I think it'll help this thread get up to the energy it was when I got on.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
While I can genuinely understand skepticism. In fact I promote it. I don't think mocking Stealth is the way to go. As i've seen.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Imagine sitting in on a murder case and you are one of the jurors.

It's a murder that happened at a party and you get the eyewitness testimony of 10 different people all pointing to 'Bob' that killed 'Jane' in the bathroom. That's all they claim when they go up to the stand. Any questions from the prosecutors like "Well, what time did you see this occur?" or "What did he kill her with?" or "Why do you say he killed her in the bathroom" are met with silence or 'I don't know'.

The crime scene upon investigation shows a knife on the floor a puncture wounds that clearly match with the knife at the crime scene. That's without a doubt the murder weapon and the signs are that she was definitely killed in the bathroom.

The prosecutor comes out with two pieces of evidence. One is a security camera that shows that Bob left the party at 8:00PM. The second is a video someone had on their phone in the party at 8:42 that shows Jane is dancing in the living room. The security camera even up until the time of the supposed murder never shows Bob returning.

Somehow these 10 insiders to the party just keep insisting that Bob is for sure the one that killed her. They just know this. Any other suggestions as to who the murderer is comes back from these 10 witnesses as they say it's not true.

I'm sorry for the elaborate set-up here, but this is what I want to talk about. There's a reason that eyewitness testimony can not decisively prove the facts of a case. There are too many variables involved and even if people are not lying, they might be lead to believe something that is just not true. They can believe they're telling the truth, even. That's just human nature. This is also why you can't use eyewitness testimony in science. Because it's something you can't replicate to test for yourself. If you can't truly model the conditions, then there's no way you can even arrive to a reasonable conclusion.

There's a part to testimony that is okay. If your friend tells you that he ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich yesterday, there's no reason to disbelieve him. If he said that he ate with Sylvester Stallone, you'll probably doubt him a little and ask for proof.

This entire smash situation is very much part of the latter here. A bunch of insider claims that ask us to believe something beyond reason without any proof other than because they know.

Even a good track record means nothing, I'm sorry to say. You can have someone who is the most trustworthy and honest source in the world telling you something they know as a fact. You are still taking a risk in believing them. There's a reason they call it a track record. It means people are keeping an accounting book for truth which means there's a column there ready to be marked off as false.

Relating all of this to scientific method or judicial trial might feel a little overboard, but it's a useful tool in warning people that you only take people's word for something with a footnote in your head in the event that it's wrong. People lie all the time. People think they're telling the truth based on what they know all the time. That comes with a big footnote: It's possible they're telling the truth. It's possible they're lying. It's possible they don't know anything at all.

Gossip, hearsay, whisper-down-the-lane, he-said-she-said, knowing special information is all within human nature. We're social animals which feed off of knowing information and sometimes that can get us into trouble with far-reaching assumptions and superiority complexes.

TL;DR, Just make your own conclusions and if you care enough, weed out the evidence for yourself before you do make them. Don't let others dictate that for you. Not these insiders, not anyone in this thread, not myself.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I truly hope all these insiders backtracking is just misinformation that's going around and that Isaac makes it into the game. I might take a break from actually writing anything here until the next reveal/direct. Here's to hoping Isaac is in.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
It is my natural response to take crappy news, and expect the worst results.
It's a natural human mental defensive reaction. However, at this point where we have a leak entering its 7th day of not being disproven yet and all the insiders saying different things about what is and sin't in the game just doesn't feel right to me. Don't get me wrong, there is certainly a part of me that worries that Isaac isn't in, but that part won't control me or get me down. For too long this thread has been controlled by pessimism and fears that we will join Lyn, Waluigi, Ashley, and Shovel Knight in "snow-globe hell". I reiterate, "pull together, not apart".

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
While I can genuinely understand skepticism. In fact I promote it. I don't think mocking Stealth is the way to go. As i've seen.
If he’s gonna be a jackass when people point out his mistakes, people will mock. You’d think people who have inside sources and are still wrong would be humbled a bit.

MatthewVenusAdept

Smash Cadet
Okay. This is sorta getting sad. Could we get a formal compilation of ALL of the evidence for the leak? Not to debate it, but to give hope. We won't get anywhere with all of this doubting. I haven't been paying enough attention all throughout to compile it myself, but I think it'll help this thread get up to the energy it was when I got on.
There is nowhere else TO go, we are at the smash gates. We just have to wait and see If sakurai let's us on through or denies us. (God forbid he make us go through the AT doggie door.)

jweb23

Smash Journeyman
*SIGH*
I’m really getting tired of talking about this leak and I’m not even a content creator!

Anyways, I wouldn’t put much stock in any of these insiders because at this point it’s obvious some were most likely fed leak bait. We have insiders claiming it’s fake, while some are claiming it’s real, while others are claiming one of the characters on the leak is an assist trophy, while others are claiming it’s real but missing Incineroar, while others to that are claiming it’s missing some bigger name character, while even other others are claiming some are dlc!

And no I didn’t make up any of that! This is why we should all just enjoy ourselves discussing Isaac and his hopefully inclusion because even the insiders have misinformation among themselves so none of us will ever get to the bottom of this without Nintendo confirmation!

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I've pretty much gotten to the point of "wait for direct".
Which is a pain.
And also hopefully means the wait is over.
Not sure if it'll be the end.
Though it might be.
It's definitely been a long wait.
Somehow I'm still hopeful.
As long as hope exists.
And we all keep that hope.
Chances will come.

I didn't do anything silly here.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
In the interest of changing the subject, let's go back to an old chestnut: If Isaac is in the game, what would you like to see included alongside him? Personally, I've got two simple requests: a Golden Sun stage, and for Venus Lighthouse to be one of the tracks for said stage. Additional trinkets like a Felix echo, an assist trophy, or a boss would be nice, but if we get those two things I'll be very happy.

Last edited:

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I believe that when there's smoke there's a fire nearby. Leak aside, the all "pro", gamexplain and insiders scene is acting fishy lately and people are really feeling it.
If I were them I would keep a low profile till the next direct, it's not really a good time to claim random stuff like this right off the bat. They're taking so much backslash !

PS : both Shulk puns intended :dr^_^:

Top Bottom