• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunny coast smashing.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Does anyone from the sunnycoast host brawl LANS anywhere? Big or small? I was recently in Brisbane at Lansmash and saw how fun it is then I thought that I'd rather not travel to brisbane all the time to smash if I can avoid it :p

So yea anything organised in the region?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Hey Calibur. Good to see you found us again.

I know they are out there.
I'll see if I can dig up their user profiles tonight at some point.

I think Atria is somewhere on the Sunshine Coast, though, I can't be sure where Atria is exactly.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
yea cept I don't have my P's lol and I dont wanna have to rely on my parents. It all depends on how often u guys get together I guess. Anyway Vyse that would be great if u found something for me, thx

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I'm looking into saving a bit of money and getting some equipment together then maybe doing a monthly or bi-monthly lan.
I will definitely be hosting some smash/comp lans over the next 2 months, simply because I cant get better by vsing bots. -_-.

Real issue is finding a venue that doesn't charge too much, and then theres advertising to see if we can get more people interested.

Have been looking around to see if i can get some mini sponsers mostly for advertising sakes.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I will travel down there for some games when you guys are free.
I like that area as it is anyway, and if more Smish can be involved the better. :)

Interest level for Smash in QLD has just increased like crazy. :chuckle:

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Awesome. I talked to the manager of EBgames nambour today asking to see if I could advertise in there store and they said yes. Along with they will help fund it if I can find a decent venue,Timeslot and confirmed players.

Only problem so far is that I will require a large amount of Wii's and TV's.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Speaking of TV's i have like 5 in one room of my house... i need to get rid of one, any takers?

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Ok well, from the looks of It, it wont be that hard to set up assuming its not to pricey for the venue.

Really the only thing we need to do is advertise and find people who want to get GOOD!

And I might see if I can bring them down to wintersmash and the real confident ones to rocky.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Awesome thanks heaps vyse.
I might be able to drive around the coast this weekend to see who would let me put them up, and I can get some hours on my logbook too :3.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
sweet sounds awesome. I can take my wii and possibly my tv if needed. I got 32inch LCD 1080p Samsung so it pretty sweet :p If you need any help advertising just message me and I'll see how I can help :)

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Make sure the TV has little or NO lag. if it does any Crt will work.

But yeah 13/14th and 20th/21st should be fine

depends on work.

EDIT 13/14th Can't be anywhere for it as parents are interstate and cant get anywhere/host.

20th/21st should be fine but will confirm at a closer date.

twate20

Smash Rookie
Ad Win?

Hi guys,

Actually found the site from one of the posters from EB in nambour. So sign two slightly unreliable players up to the S'Coast Guild! My little brother and I (13 and 17 respectively) wuld love to kick the living crap out of brissies Guild.

Chalk one win for epic advertising! :bee:

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Man the homo EB's in Brisbane didnt put up my posters, what a bunch of douches!

ProngedBurito

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I live on the Coast and would love to join in, I haven't been to EB in Nambour... didn't even know there was one... I've always gone to Maroochydore or Kawana. Where is this happening?

Top Bottom