• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Deadbananas Deadbananas no worries I didn't take it that way, that's very kind.

PPFA: Regarding Jack and Triss defending each other

I case why Jack could be scum and why we should shoot him. Triss responds not by addressing my points but by voting me. Page 70
Jack preventively deflects a Triss wagon. 3116
Despite coming to scumread Triss and never following up on it (reasoning that his biggest scumread also was scumreading her). 2912

Note that PPFA is meant for a post-flip evaluation, it is simply posted ahead of time. So it is NOT a reason to scumread either of them UNLESS one of them flips scum.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Logic knows Trisscar is town here, he's attacking Triss for "poor play" and not outlining his when he voted Logic, not actually being scum.
I wish I knew they were town that would make dealing with them a whole lot easier.
Do you feel they were making a mea ingdul contribution by ducking and dodging bessie and my queations?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
"I never advocate for Triss lynch"
Proceeds to advocate for a Triss lynch
One time I said I thought something wa was scummy
One time I asked for people to show me the town mindset.
I never said let's lynch Trisscar today.
I guess you cannot see them actively if ignoring requests to give some actual behavioral reads?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Priority lynch should be logic IMO since that would facilitate a check on you to confirm.

To steal some words from Xivii

Lynching Triss Logic to check Logic Triss

Vote Logic

I'm more confident Triss is town than Logic and this needs to resolve tonight.
You think you have a better chance with triss in the late game than me?
Yeah I should be killed here then.
Wtf is this game?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I hate stagnate gamestates like this they make me feel like t/t leading trains.
Disagree. As I said in Oasis, voting during the day can easily leave false papertrail, especially in an environment where last minute CFD-s are common and expected.

I think we either lynch sab here or leave him alone for another day.
Is there a third option? What is the purpose of this observation?

Priority lynch should be logic IMO since that would facilitate a check on you to confirm.
Why? The reverse works equally well in my opinion.

Going with my main preference for now.

Vote: Trisscar

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Vote Logic

I may be around for eod not really sure. I need to go with my best scum read just incase though.

I agree with everything Fonti posted during the night

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Jackrito Jackrito I need you to promise me that when you see my town flip you are going to go back look at my post and actually use them to help you win the game.

@ everyone else I need someone to hold Jack accountable.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Mate if you're town my view on this game is going to resemble an Exterminatus.
I am indeed town so prepaid yourself. Q
These posts here are the classic stuff I get scumread on can really see why tbh, it is a bad look.
Are you saying you post these types of things as mafia?
Or are you saying you get scumread when posting like this as town?
The distinction is kind of important.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I do a full review on the game state and look more at the people I have being letting pass like Bessie and Spak. I also rethink my stance on Maka. I feel that my other scum reads still have merit though.
Honestly you could have do that today.
I kind of feel that was your job as mostly confirmed town today.
You're just out for my blood.
I'd call it more trying to get them involved in a meaningful way more than an actual push
fontisian fontisian please take this into consideration.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Every interaction you do with Pythag just feels so weird to me this game, they is a possiblity this is because I'm in a biased mindset you are both scum. You both just feel so forced when interacting with each other though, it does not feel real.
Weird as in what?
We are teammates who interact awkwardly together?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Bessie is about the same for me I don't feel strongly either way, I partly forget they exist at times, this is the slot that I keep flipping on in my mind internally the most. I just don't feel any scum intent issue is I don't feel any intent at all. So I lean more bad town. Sadly A lot of people are in a similar area to this for me though which is why this game is annoying.
Well you're lynching a town who actively tried to push the game today over someone who gives you no intent either way?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI Your input has seemed valuable thus far. With a theoretical Ran/Malak scum core, what other people do you think would be included (or do you think Ran/Malak is feasible)?
I hate preflup associations.
It very rarely actually works out in town favor.
Until we have a red flip I really prefer to try and look at things independently.
I tabled Malak today in an effort to work with Jack but that looks to have maybe not been the best idea.
Ran's slot is such a confusing cluster.
Not really sure what to make of Ran, inhaled how they just put men in as scum if Handor flipped town without explaining why that would even be plausible.
Cuthalion never really stood out to me.
I know I was not a huge fan of their slow catchup amd first few posts stating town and and scum with no details, after that their contribution is a blur.
The replaceout was very surprising.
Toko rubbed me wrong upon their entrance.
It felt like they just wanted to stir the pot commenting on things without trying to understand the context of given situations (namely that shade push on me).
I completely agree.
If they are town we need to get them headed in the right direction.
If they are scum we need them posting about players so we can find the discrepancies and inconsistencies.
fontisian fontisian this is my reasoning for all my posts towards triss today.
Did you miss it?
How do you feel about it?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Disagree. As I said in Oasis, voting during the day can easily leave false papertrail, especially in an environment where last minute CFD-s are common and expected.
fair enough
I appreciate you input in the site meta

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I'm headed to work
3 hours until phase change
I doubt I'll be able to be here but I'll try to be around
If I do get lynched here please reread dead players posts and see if any of us were on to something.
Focus on catching one mafia at a time team building isn't going to help us until we see red.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
Explain to me how a Vanilla town claim is good, its like the best option for scum to claim in this setup. I'm not saying he can't be VT, but someone claiming that being enough to change your mind is weird to me.
This is why the cop exists though for this sole purpose, do you believe logic is lying?

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
I dunno man, it just kinda hit me in the gut.

He's not panicking, or angry, he's just kinda laying it out there. I know you want more of an explanation, but that's all I got for you right now.
This is how I am seeing it.

Explain to me how this felt right, this is pretty basic role claim. I'm not having this used as a basis for someone to change their read. You don't have to agree with me, but saying this was enough to make you change your mind something is wrong.
It felt genuine, and it wasn't like he was in a major situation where he had to do it.

- Malak has mostly just been mirroring thread opinion this whole game; I haven't really seen anything unique come out of his side of the court. Could be that he's just new to the game, but I'd hope to see at least some critical thinking on his part
If this really is the case then malak should have a train going for him too.

I never advocate for triss lynch.
I hate their vote it looks bad.
Their dodging me and bessie sucks.
Mech talk is confusing and sometime justboff the mark.
But honestly none of this conclusively makes them scum for me.
It's a weird state of affairs.
What makes a person scum then, because this is stuff that I would normally scum read a person for.

I honestly just always assumed it was something that all mods did. If a game looks unbalanced to the point where it's unfun, there's no reason to waste a good setup on it. Then they would just click the random button again and pretend it was the first roll. I wasn't ever trying to defend anyone with it, I was just genuinely convinced that's how people did things lol.
The problem is you tried to force a read into it, especially knowing a reroll didn't happen. Stuff like that should just not be talked about in thread and brought up directly with hosts.

Also, I hate you blaming Xivii for going after Hando when literally everyone thought Hando was scum. The guy basically scumsided.
Could someone explain this to me?

Okay I think I can post this game now? It literally just ended, Osie please tell me if I'm supposed to wait longer or something.

https://www.mafiacolosseum.com/threads/one-night-in-bangkok-game-over.305/

This is also what I assume Jack was referring to a while back about changing their stance on me, probably?
Ehhh, you were town in this game. That doesn't make you town this game. Jackrito Jackrito YOu were in this game, what do you think?

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
Is there a third option? What is the purpose of this observation?
My third option would be triss or xivii.

Tsumugi Shirogane Tsumugi Shirogane of everything I've done is my claim really the towniest thing you have seen from my slot?
You have alot of posts and I have not had the time to go back through all of them, out of all your current real time posts that have caught my attention that was easily the towniest post by you.

This is a big stretch, no one here knows anyone is town besides who the cop has checked.
That being said, I am still very hit or miss on logic. If the cop isn't gonna check him tonight I would rather logic be lynched today.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Premium
It felt like they just wanted to stir the pot commenting on things without trying to understand the context of given situations (namely that shade push on me).
Maybe its because there were 2000 posts when I replaced in and no one has the time to reread all those posts. So, this led me to do small iso on people to get a general idea of where I stand with them.

I still haven't had the time to iso everyone. The following day ill have a better grasp on where I should be looking independently of other's views, but right now I rather trust the people who have had more time to play the game to guide me. That being said, I wouldn't just blatantly lynch another player solely based on other peoples reasonings

bessie

Smash Journeyman
A lot of posts overnight, I won't have time to read them in detail before work.

Spak did not respond to my post #3085 yet.

Trisscar did not respond to my post #3092 where I gave my reasons for wanting to lynch her. Nor has she elaborated on her scum read of me, or of Logic. She did have time for several posts of analysis of a game on another site.

Entirely different site, therefore not relevant here.

Alright you read Fonti town for other reasons besides his claim.

Could you now please give me a town lean who is not: Deadbananas, Sabrar, Fonti, Jackrito, anyone else who has had any sort of mechanical interaction that could clear them.
Ok, from the wording of your question I thought you meant non mechanical reasons but not excluding any players, and I gave non mechanical reasons, including my read of Z25 which was before he claimed. Now you have given me a list of players to exclude which makes your intent more clear. I have a town lean on Xivii and on Logic from players not on your list.

I have to work but I will try to check the thread before deadline.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
This was really defensive. I hope you're not tilted any more, Logic, because this stuff alone isn't convincing.

The bolded was literally one of the main points of Xivii's case, not a point against it. Weird for Pythag to be siting the case as a reason to scumread Jack, while also not understanding a major part of it.
Xivii was claiming D2 that all scum was busing
Jack wasn't busing
D3 Xivii claims that Jack was just trying to look good on the flip.
It just looked like Xivii wanted to find Jack scummy no matter what. It's not goalpost shifting, but it felt like it.

Jackrito Jackrito Did you talk about what the his playstyle was like in that game? How is it so different here? Do you think you can be relied on to read Triss in this game?

First, can you quote the questions from spak that you were agreeing with as you were reading? That kind of defense is unconvincing without anything to back it up. Is that really the only reason you're suddenly so sure he's town?
[/quote]
currently, no. I didn't think to do it at the time and it's a very long game, I don't really wish to go wade through that again right now. apologies.

Additionally, why are you certain DB and I are town? And why Mala? Also, like, why do you think there are exactly two scum in Logic, Jack and Xivii, especially when Jack is likely town. I also don't get how you think Xivii/Jack could be a thing. Like, you think scum successfully fooled me into clearing Jack, and then his partner Xivii immediately decided to try to get him killed anyway? That makes no sense.
You keeping using your scumreads' reasoning to scumread each of them. Jack is scum for Xivii's reasoning, Logic is scum for Jack's reasoning. We just need Logic to scumread Xivii and you could have a scumread trifecta.

Also, I hate you blaming Xivii for going after Hando when literally everyone thought Hando was scum. The guy basically scumsided.
You're just saying that everything revolves around those three because they were the ones doing most of the talking. Why would that mean two of them have to be mafia? And I do not trust this claim that there are only three mafia, that's the kind of thing that will bite us in the ass when four mafia go for the win.
Yeah fair points, all of them. I admit later that I jumped the gun thinking there were 2 scum in that group of three, because for that to be true is the exact situation you're outlining above. I'm not currently advocating that. Sab mentioned that to me, and I realized I had moved away from that idea but failed to say that in thread.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
This is how I am seeing it.

It felt genuine, and it wasn't like he was in a major situation where he had to do it.

If this really is the case then malak should have a train going for him too.

What makes a person scum then, because this is stuff that I would normally scum read a person for.

The problem is you tried to force a read into it, especially knowing a reroll didn't happen. Stuff like that should just not be talked about in thread and brought up directly with hosts.

Could someone explain this to me?

Ehhh, you were town in this game. That doesn't make you town this game. Jackrito Jackrito YOu were in this game, what do you think?
I was not in it, I was host of it. I feel that her being vanilla town for the first time makes more sense then her rolling scum first time and playing this way. So the defense gave today makes a bit of sense.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm not going to sit here and defend Triss I don't have the time. I'm not a expert on her so can be wrong. All I'm saying is Wisp Font and myself see then as town. Now look at the people pushing them also thar I predicted this happening.

I won't be back because at work.

fontisian

Smash Champion
You know what I mean, but I guess since you believe logic is scum this actually makes sense from your POV.
I do not actually what you mean.

I am saying "Logic is scum because he knows Trisscar isn't." You are saying ???

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 3.3

Sorry, that message still wasn't quite accurate. Let's try again.

You know my HIL is barely alive at any other time, but despair is lost. Spurn me, and stop halting backwards.

- My Vicious Nobody Wisp​
Pythag (2) - fontisian, LogicoftheVI
LogicoftheVI (4) - Malakandra, Trisscar, Deadbananas, Jackrito
Xivii (1) - Pythag
Trisscar (4) - Xivii, Spak, Sabrar, bessie

Not voting: Toko Fukawa

Xivii Xivii Trisscar Trisscar Deadbananas Deadbananas @Spak @Malakandra Tsumugi Shirogane Tsumugi Shirogane Pythag Pythag fontisian fontisian LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI Jackrito Jackrito Sabrar Sabrar bessie bessie

Day 3 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, June 5th at 10:15 AM PST. (About an hour from now.)

D3.C2 (#2865-#3062):

Trisscar (2)
LogicoftheVI (2)
Jackrito (2)
Toko Fukawa 6+
Malakandra 6+
Pythag - (2)
Bessie - 4+
Xivii - (2)
Deadbananas - 6+
Sabrar - 3+

fontisian (1)
Spak - 0

- fontisian has used her prod.
- Spak can no longer regain prods and will be expected to meet 3 posts per 24 hours or will be replaced/modkilled.

Last edited:

Trisscar

Smash Ace
A lot of posts overnight, I won't have time to read them in detail before work.

Spak did not respond to my post #3085 yet.

Trisscar did not respond to my post #3092 where I gave my reasons for wanting to lynch her. Nor has she elaborated on her scum read of me, or of Logic. She did have time for several posts of analysis of a game on another site.

Ok, from the wording of your question I thought you meant non mechanical reasons but not excluding any players, and I gave non mechanical reasons, including my read of Z25 which was before he claimed. Now you have given me a list of players to exclude which makes your intent more clear. I have a town lean on Xivii and on Logic from players not on your list.

I have to work but I will try to check the thread before deadline.
https://smashboards.com/threads/sumting-sumting-maifa-day-3.504676/page-76#post-23957974
Good to know this post, and others it references, and even more that I like missed, do not in fact exist and I am hallucinating. Thank you for letting me know, I'll go delete this now to fit your strange view of reality. *throws up hands*

You say this about xivii linked game, but then you're trying to use another game to clear yourself?
Hm? No they linked some mafia role wiki or something. I've been using a common role list from the Mafia Colosseum forums (which is where the game I just posted was) which was thrown at me by Osie so I could reference it and not ask literally hundreds of questions about different roles. I'm not going to use this apparently random wiki site to try to predict how roles in this game are working over said common role list, that would be silly.

Top Bottom