• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Obviously and mala's scum read on me is basically a parrot of jack's.
Long and short of it is I cannot spend all day arguing with jack.
We need to find scum today.
I agree so going to give you a bit of space and see if you do anything, I don't mind Mala parroting my read since I'm the only one here who knows you so would expect people to listen to me a bit. He felt pretty pure yesterday as well and convienced me and Wisp. Maybe we are both wrong but not intrested in that today.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I agree so going to give you a bit of space and see if you do anything, I don't mind Mala parroting my read since I'm the only one here who knows you so would expect people to listen to me a bit. He felt pretty pure yesterday as well and convienced me and Wisp. Maybe we are both wrong but not intrested in that today.
Fair but I'm still not a fan of how their view of us both changed from D1 to D2.
Not lynching:
Jack
Deadbananas
Fonti
Sabrar
Malakandra - I'll table them for now working with Jack.

Working through this group today should provide results.
Xivii
Pythag
Trisscar
Cuthalion
Bessie
Spak

fontisian

Smash Champion
Logic, you feel a lot stronger out of the gate Today. Is this a reaction to the last minute vig vote swing to you Yesterday?

fontisian

Smash Champion
I buy Sabrar's claim. Not sure it was the best idea to claim Today, especially because me living implies scum have a way to deal with me.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Logic, you feel a lot stronger out of the gate Today. Is this a reaction to the last minute vig vote swing to you Yesterday?
No, time has been a factor and I actually have some time today.
I am not working and my wife is working.
I have to grill later but i unusually do mafia while I do that anyway.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok
Town:
Fonti
Jack

Town for claims:
Deadbananas
Sabrar

Town for behavior:
Trisscar
Cuthalion
Xivii

Leaves:
Mala
Pythag
Bessie
Spak
Logic

I need to look back at Wisp's legacy.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Jackrito Jackrito how much sorting of Xivii have you seen from Pythag slot?
This is not something I have thought about. I think this is going to be an iso kind of Day, and I will keep an eye for that when I do them.

Why are you asking Jack about this? You can wait until Jack answers to explain.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Not much but about to Iso them because being in and out of my scum leans for a while.
This is not something I have thought about. I think this is going to be an iso kind of Day, and I will keep an eye for that when I do them.

Why are you asking Jack about this? You can wait until Jack answers to explain.
Pythag - possible fake paranoia about Xivii being scum. Based on the below inwould expect them to be one of the top people trying to sort Xi. I dont remember that being the case but I'll be watching.
vote Xivii

I don't know if I could handle him giving us the fake outs again
yeah but I'm terrified of him being scum.

This from the notes i took during the night phase.
I do not see much if any real sorting of Xi fornhaving such a strong reply about being worried about Xi slot.
I did not read the entire thread during the night which is why I am getting others thoughts on it.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Pythag - possible fake paranoia about Xivii being scum. Based on the below inwould expect them to be one of the top people trying to sort Xi. I dont remember that being the case but I'll be watching.

This from the notes i took during the night phase.
I do not see much if any real sorting of Xi fornhaving such a strong reply about being worried about Xi slot.
I did not read the entire thread during the night which is why I am getting others thoughts on it.
Why not just iso them though, instead of reading whole thread at night you said that is how you did your intial read list. That vote on Xivii is weird though and feels like a scum interaction perhaps.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
This is absolutely screwing with my head.
@Wiisp

Bad is not necessarily scummy in my mind, but it's those that I don't have a good read on either.

Xivii - bad
Trisscar - good
LogicoftheVI - good
Deadbananas - good
Spak - bad

malakandra - bad
Cuthalion - good
Pythag - good
Fonti - good
Handorin - bad ( but probably town, eh?)

BoomFrog - bad
Jackrito - good
Sabrar - good
Bessie - good
This list is pretty bad tbh, I feel like he should be scum reading me off previous posts and not sure what makes Xivii scum for him when he saw Ran vs him as town town and nothing changed since. Read on Hando is possible TMI. Overall they is too many town reads espically with how he defins scuumy in this list as not having a good read on them.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I was also getting ready to vote Boom. I was really paranoid he was going to be scum.
I kinda blame Xivii for introducing that thought early on.
This is D1. If Xivii influenced you on BoomFrog, why didn't you reevaluate D2 after Xivii moved BoomFrog to a town read?

bessie bessie after Sab's claim what donyounmake of DB's claim? Why don't you have him as town core?
If you reread Page 68, you will see that I did not have Sabrar’s claim when I made my statement. I don’t like the way you jump to “why don’t you have him as town core” without giving me a chance to evaluate new to me information.

I am evaluating new to me information. I was suspicious of Deadbananas, but this was not something that was going to be resolved on D2 without a PR claim. And D2 there was no reason to out the vig because DB was not a lynch candidate (and I’m still suspicious of Spak for pushing this so much yesterday). There has now been a claim.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Pythag can be scum here sure, I was giving him a bit of a pass on the only doing questions thing, since he did this a lot in oasis. I expect some actual scum hunting though and he has done none. I can see why Wisp accused him of TMI as well he just seems to know more. Another issue is how scared he seems when pushed by anyone they is no confidence which a town should have. We also have how his read list never happened and how safe he has played on all his reads with no real pushing anything. Possible this is his playstyle though but it needs a lot more on day 3. I can lynch here today.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Pythag does have some ok analysis of Xivii mostly because of Ran pushing him, hard to say if this would of happened naturally. His view on Xivii feels very non commital though when he is looking at him. He is more defending him from Ran if anything so this was possible scum protecting another. His whole stance on Ran vs Xivii came off a bit TMI maybe and not wanting to cause issues with either. He clearly feels Ran was scum but never pushed it.

This should of came first and is more on Xivii view by Pythag

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag does have some ok analysis of Xivii mostly because of Ran pushing him, hard to say if this would of happened naturally. His view on Xivii feels very non commital though when he is looking at him. He is more defending him from Ran if anything so this was possible scum protecting another. His whole stance on Ran vs Xivii came off a bit TMI maybe and not wanting to cause issues with either. He clearly feels Ran was scum but never pushed it.

This should of came first and is more on Xivii view by Pythag
I'm about to be very busy for the next few hours.
RvX had me honestly go both directions.
First I was on xivii's side, and saw ran as scummy, then I was on ran's side and saw xivii as scummy. oh joy. glad I informed the thread of that mess. Everyone likes to see me waffle about.
Mafia makes me nervous for anyone I agree with, and I almost always try to distance myself from everyone cause I don't like being in a 'group'. I think it's easier to be taken advantage of that way. (barring claims such as 3DS or confirmed townies)

Now you can believe that or not. I still don't understand where all the claims are coming that I'm 'so confident'. I feel the exact opposite is true, and I think you're even picking up on that in my reads lists and posts.

I am working on writing stuff up for the game state but it might be way later tonight.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
If you reread Page 68, you will see that I did not have Sabrar’s claim when I made my statement. I don’t like the way you jump to “why don’t you have him as town core” without giving me a chance to evaluate new to me information.
It is clear you did not have Sab's claim info but I did at the time of the post so I included it.
Not really bother that you don't like it because it is a valid question.
You said he is not in your town core so I want to know why he was not and deserve and answer to said questions.
Now let's get to you processing the information tthat clearly I knew you didn't have.

I am evaluating new to me information. I was suspicious of Deadbananas, but this was not something that was going to be resolved on D2 without a PR claim. And D2 there was no reason to out the vig because DB was not a lynch candidate (and I’m still suspicious of Spak for pushing this so much yesterday). There has now been a claim.
care to elaborate on what made you suspicious of them D2?
Personally i felt the claim was genuine and that mafia wouldn't want to let wisp dictate their vote.
Why not just iso them though, instead of reading whole thread at night you said that is how you did your intial read list. That vote on Xivii is weird though and feels like a scum interaction perhaps.
Sigh.....things happen the way they happen I cannpt spend time worrying about who thinks I'll do it this way, who likes this, who like purple font.
I'm not here to appease anyone.
I honestly lost the will and stoppe even doing it due to the poor rexeption my previous night phase efforts received.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
It is clear you did not have Sab's claim info but I did at the time of the post so I included it.
You said he is not in your town core so I want to know why he was not and deserve and answer to said questions.
Now let's get to you processing the information tthat clearly I knew you didn't have.

Personally i felt the claim was genuine and that mafia wouldn't want to let wisp dictate their vote.

Sigh.....things happen the way they happen I cannpt spend time worrying about who thinks I'll do it this way, who likes this, who like purple font.
I'm not here to appease anyone.
I honestly lost the will and stoppe even doing it due to the poor rexeption my previous night phase efforts received.
You just said you were rereading thread last night though, so I don't get this last part. You either lost the will to do stuff at night and did nothing or you did something like you said. They should be no middle ground and you are not consistent. My issue was not you doing iso's its more that it did not feel you were. You are beyond confusing me this game.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
You just said you were rereading thread last night though, so I don't get this last part. You either lost the will to do stuff at night and did nothing or you did something like you said. They should be no middle ground and you are not consistent. My issue was not you doing iso's its more that it did not feel you were. You are beyond confusing me this game.
There is no middle ground just what is.
I started to read the thread taking notes.
Part way through I lost the desire thinking about how poorly received my precious efforts were.
Damned if I do damned if I don't....
The fact im confusing you should further tell you okm town as mafia i would be trying to pocket or buddy by making sure you understand me very clearly.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Dead Comrades:
LaserGuy - Town Vanilla, Died N1
3DSNinja - Town Imaginary Friend, Died N1
Handorin - Town Vanilla, Lynched D2
BoomFrog - Town Friendly Neighbor, Died N2

Town Core:
LogicoftheVi
Deadbananas - Regretful Kill Driver
Fontisian - Neapolitan
Jackrito - Vanilla Town
Sabrar - Odd Night Vig.

The Rest:
Malakandra
Xivii
Cuthalion
Bessie
Trisscar
Pythag
Spak

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Trisscar Trisscar give me something to work with here today.

Out of these 6
Cuthalion/spak/xivii/bessie/pythag/malakandrra
Who do you think is mafia and why?
Who do you think is town and why?
1 for each is fine.
Please give some detail.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I thought Deadbananas could be a serial killer that claimed as a precaution because they did not know what powers were in the game (watcher, tracker, etc). All these roles (sk, watcher, tracker) were somewhat common on my home site. Today, with Sabrar’s claim, I think it more likely both are town. I think mafia does not kill indie, at least not until much later in the game, but also does not cover for them.

Why not? It removes the responsibility for making that decision himself. If Deadbananas is mafia, he gave himself a little wiggle room in Post #1796. If he is serial killer, he doesn’t care who gets lynched.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Dead Comrades:
LaserGuy - Town Vanilla, Died N1
3DSNinja - Town Imaginary Friend, Died N1
Handorin - Town Vanilla, Lynched D2
BoomFrog - Town Friendly Neighbor, Died N2

Town Core:
LogicoftheVi
Deadbananas - Regretful Kill Driver
Fontisian - Neapolitan
Jackrito - Vanilla Town
Sabrar - Odd Night Vig.

The Rest:
Malakandra
Xivii
Cuthalion
Bessie
Trisscar
Pythag
Spak
Hum.
It may be time to play sudoku.

Ok so playerbase of 16.
3 vanilla town so far (mod info on deaths is correct as this is not a ******* game, also what my role is).
2 town information roles.
Therefore 5 town of relatively to very low power.
Neapolitan makes sense to exist if purely based on just how many vanilla town there are, however Fonti is not "confirmed" therefore not counting Jack results at this time.

2 kills N1.
1 kill N2.
Sabrar claims a weird variation on vigi that only kills on odd nights. This is not a basic role, but neither is imaginary friend. It IS a good way to limit attack power but still raises questions.

Neighbor exists. Raises the question of if a Neighborhood exists, though if it does the members have been doing alright at hiding it so far afaict.

LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI I have no idea what your role is, could you please claim.

Sabrar Sabrar May I ask which kill you are taking credit for, in case I missed it previously?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Neighbor exists. Raises the question of if a Neighborhood exists, though if it does the members have been doing alright at hiding it so far afaict.
BoomFrog’s role is “Friendly Neighbor” not “Neighbor”. So he doesn’t create a neighborhood, it’s more like an Innocent Child.

Sabrar Sabrar May I ask which kill you are taking credit for, in case I missed it previously?
I'm the Odd-Night Vig who took a shot at DB N1.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
.... I think there is no 3rd party killer in this game, or if there is they are heavily nerfed. This game feels very low power in general honestly.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I love these numbers and role spec as much as anyone normally . Can people maybe you know push people instead, we don't get anywhere by just looking at numbers and list of names.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Trisscar Trisscar give me something to work with here today.

Out of these 6
Cuthalion/spak/xivii/bessie/pythag/malakandrra
Who do you think is mafia and why?
Who do you think is town and why?
1 for each is fine.
Please give some detail.
I know you directed this towards Trisscar, and although I still think you are scum, I'm willing to work on this pool.
Most likely to be mafia is Spak. Has had little to no thread presence, their talk around the vig was odd since obviously it should of shot at Bananas had it been able to if they hadn't shot at him originally which is now confirmed they did. Their logic around that push was odd and also a good portion of their content from what I can see.
Most likely to be town, aside from me, is Cuth, since after coming in has contributed more towards game solving than the others on that list.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Also Font is confirmed for me, unless a mafia role cop or something. Even then he never clears me, when I was a good option to mislynch today. Perhaps some weird gambit,but not looking at that world unless needed.

So unless people see me as his scum teammate, we are both confirmed.

Possible Sabrar is a mafia vig but not looking at that today either.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I think I might advocate for a mass claim now.
The logic being that we are already close to losing majority theoretically, the game is low power enough in scope, and the roles are strange enough that I don't think targets would be obvious beyond who has already died.
That and Fonti not dying when they're claiming role cop, and instead Boom dying when they were arguably publicly viewed as more suspicious, is strange.
If mafia or neutrals have more killing power, they've been holding onto it for two nights now. That seems ill advised and inefficient, especially when maf could have easily brought the game near maf majority if they killed twice tonight.

IF Fonti is in fact what they claim, that is 4 vanilla town and 3 info roles out of likely 12 town roles total. Maybe 13 if part of the balance consideration is how much non-lynch killing power town has.
That is either way over half the town roles as low power.

We still have seven people hiding in the background and not claiming anything, and I'm curious just how many vanilla town we actually have, given that we have now hit 3-4 almost at random.
Five of those people have been scum read heavily for most of the game as well. Information is a nice idea about now it seems like.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
DB, Fonti, Jack and Sabrar should not be lynched today for sure.
Fonti, is there any reason you checked Jack last night instead of Triss?

Top Bottom