• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito
I feel like you just love your scum reads, but your town reads are just sooooooooooooo... shallow?
Why is that?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
@ Mod request bessies mega posts be treated as multiple posts. Quality is the ultimate goal isn’t it, and policing quantity is just a means to that end?
god these posts are so god damn stupid
Xivii cares more about being the teacher's pet then playing the game
also where the hell did he go

Wiisp

Smash Lord
maybe the problem is the day lengths?
is 5 days that hard to commit to?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Triss jumped into their spat, in a non-partnery way
When they told both Xivii/Ran to get a private chat, and chill out its just a game
Looks like a natural way to try and diffuse the situation; I'd say Triss isn't scum if both of them flip scum (unlikely), but it could've been used to try and diffuse pressure/mutually assured destruction if one is town. If they're both town, I'd say it's town leaning since most of Town would want to diffuse it, but also scum would know that it would make them look good and Town would likely diffuse it eventually, but the benefit of sitting back and letting Town have at it way outweigh the benefit of instantly diffusing imo. I think Triss & (Ran | Xivii) is still possible, though. So I'll look back based on new info as it comes.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
man it is really hard to get anyone to agree on anything in this thread
Xivii Xivii
so that got your attention, nice

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito
I think I know why its so easy for you to push things as a wolf,
because you literally hate everything
also dont take that as an insult, you still my boy
Hey I like some things not my fault I have high standards. Cant meet my own standards which makes life hard, but you know mafia be like that. I also don't find it easy to push people as you think Ran last game for example is impossible to push because he is clean as hell.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
maybe the problem is the day lengths?
is 5 days that hard to commit to?
At least for me, the issue is mostly due to the timing of the game starting up lining up with moving/a friend's wedding/starting a new position/job search. I can't really shift much stuff around, so it's more just all of my free time has turned into this until my contribution to the game ends.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Trisscar (4) - Malakandra, bessie, Banana, Spak
Deadbananas (4) - Handorin, Jackrito, Pythag, , Sabrar
Z25 (3) - Ranmaru, LaserGuy, 3DSNinja
Handorin (3) - Z25, Xivii, BoomFrog
Bessie (1) - Trisscar

Not voting: Logic
Triss -> unvote
Pythag -> Hand
Malak -> Z25
DB -> Hand
DB -> Z25
Boom -> DB
Jack -> Hand
Hand -> z25
Bessie -> Hand

Trisscar (1) - Spak
Deadbananas (1) - Sabrar
Handorin (6) - Z25, Xivii, Pythag, Jackrito, Bessie, BoomFrog
Z25 (6) - LaserGuy, Ranmaru, 3DSNinja, Malakandra, Deadbananas, Handorin
Bessie (1) - Trisscar

Not voting: LogicoftheVI

Xivii Xivii
honestly, you posting time for Osie is like triggering, you have no right to call time
especially when twilight is a thing
Osie can correctly figure out the votes without ur intervention

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito
I feel like you just love your scum reads, but your town reads are just sooooooooooooo... shallow?
Why is that?
Town reads are harder for me to give also you don't know who my town reads are in full because I see no need to expand on them much. All you need to know is I won't lynch them, finding town does not help me win the game because like I keep saying town reads and cores to a degree lead to issues. I

I used to have big issues with the way Cross used to play back in the day because he brought the whole town core thing to our community. I'm more accepting because it does have benefits and merit now but to win the game you need to find the scum sadly that is harder when a lot of people just act summy to begin with.

My patience is low lately as well so don't have the tolerance I normally do.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii
I hate because you have the audacity to attack how me and Ranmaru play
when wtf have you done lately, seriously
I still only got you as town because AtE

Jackrito

Smash Ace
man it is really hard to get anyone to agree on anything in this thread
Xivii Xivii
so that got your attention, nice
I said what you did on Xivii a bit eariler today the stuff he responds to and makes a big deal of baffles me. They is a real lack of scum hunting today, I'm doing it to a degree and seen as the bad guy lol.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Trisscar (4) - Malakandra, bessie, Banana, Spak
Deadbananas (4) - Handorin, Jackrito, Pythag, , Sabrar
Z25 (3) - Ranmaru, LaserGuy, 3DSNinja
Handorin (3) - Z25, Xivii, BoomFrog
Bessie (1) - Trisscar
Triss -> unvote
Pythag -> Hand
Malak -> Z25
who cares who you called it for honestly

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Lel, good music indeed. For those who may be unaware, KISS stands for "Keep it simple stupid", and is mainly used in various physical science/construction/etc fields to remind people to not do crazy plans that have multiple failure points.
Here I was mostly just saying that going too many layers deep in thought without keeping the more confirmable info in mind is usually a headache, and perhaps Wiisp should start over from the beginning and see if that helped any.

Looks like a natural way to try and diffuse the situation; I'd say Triss isn't scum if both of them flip scum (unlikely), but it could've been used to try and diffuse pressure/mutually assured destruction if one is town. If they're both town, I'd say it's town leaning since most of Town would want to diffuse it, but also scum would know that it would make them look good and Town would likely diffuse it eventually, but the benefit of sitting back and letting Town have at it way outweigh the benefit of instantly diffusing imo. I think Triss & (Ran | Xivii) is still possible, though. So I'll look back based on new info as it comes.
I chose a variant on "get a room" for a reason. If they're going to have a personal argument about past games they can do it somewhere the rest of us don't have to scroll through it trying to find info relevant to this game. It was inconsiderate of both of them imo.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Also would like to note my vote is currently on Handorin, in case that was missed. An earlier post of Wiisps seemed to be the current count and mine was not there, so.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Xivii Xivii
I don't need deep breathes
I need someone in this game to help me solve this right now
you were ****ing great in Sorcerer's
like I dont get what you are doing here

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
can someone give me a reason to town read Xivii?
I read his interaction with Ran as genuine (and it doesn't look SvS, so my read on Ran's slot (sorry Cthulu, you haven't made enough of an impression as of yet for me to form an opinion on your play) strengthens that) and neither of them really like to go that hard at their teammates in-thread as much (unlike some other players like Soup), I thought that his resistance against playing your game immediately showed he wasn't really absent to coast/blend in and genuinely wanted to form reads on his own rather than throwing together a passable list from general thread opinion (albeit in kind of a snarky manner, although I think that's more his personality than indicative of alignment based upon my interactions with him in the social chat and I saw Ro exhibit similar tendencies while I was reading over that game last year (before replacing into a slot that was doomed by similar play lol)). That's a brief summary of the strongest points of my read on Xivii.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I've made my reads known throughout the thread. I'll probably consolidate things into a reads list tomorrow. But that's not the point. The point is since you don't have the RL schedule to interact real time with most issues, the next best thing would be a reads list.
I have been giving reads throughout the thread and answered questions directed at me, even if it hasn’t been real time. I'm not going to have time to do a complete reread until this weekend but I will try to post as much as I can before deadline.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Town Leans
Fonti - should self resolve
Trisscar
DeadBananas

Lesser Town Leans
Boomfrog
Sabrar
Logic

Not townie of their own merit, and can still hold a wolf
Xivii
Cuthalion

Possible scum in order of non-wanting to lynch:
Pythag
Jackrito
Malakandra
Bessie
Spak
Handorin

Wiisp

Smash Lord
ya well I dont have the benefit of that
Handorin could have died yesterday
and I dont have the benefit of an extra day
Honestly Idk why I even care

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I wanted to stay in spec chat, and not have to out
but Ninja was getting heat again
and its great that I came in because Ninja got killed

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, bessie: I remember you being super active and a Town lead in Crossover, and your play here seems vastly different (albeit I can't go back and check the game because of the current unfortunate circumstances). Please don't read this as trying to call you out or anything (this game's already over 2000 posts long and I'm a vast minority of them so I understand it's hard to keep up), but are you just busier irl/can't contribute as much time to the game? Please be straight with me; I don't want you dead atm because I can't get a good read on your slot yet and I'd love to see you take up the torch again (even if you can't devote as much time, town!Bessie would be a HUGE asset in LyLo imo), but I'm trying to figure out if you're coasting or if you're genuinely trying to be active and just can't up to this point.

And for real tho, this is pretty much everyone in the thread right now lol

Wiisp

Smash Lord
just kill Hand and go from there
if a vig never claims, then I still suggest not mechanically lynching DB unless you have actual reason to believe he is a wolf
his NA checks out given his thoughts though
him getting shot checks out as well from the perspective of a town!vig

Jackrito

Smash Ace
The focus should be on identifying and lynching the player who is most likely to flip red. And that is Hando.
Like I said earlier what if he does not flip red this was a wasted day. I can't believe how so many of you are just so sure on this and not at least using time to hunt other potential scum. He is not the only scum in this game if you are all right. You can still think he is the correct lynch today and do other stuff

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Then I'd prefer you say that over giving them a town lean. Nulls are fine to have, so long as you explain why you think they're null.
Um....they were bad in my list for wisp game?
LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI
give me a new readlist plz
I will try to provide this by the morning or in the morning but I make no promises.
Your reads just seem so underdeveloped the fact you admit as much is a concern for me. Explain to me your voting this game I have never seen you need confidence to vote someone. This game voting is a real issue for you. I expect a lot more from you then this.
Look man you're just barking up the wrong tree.
My biggest issue with you is even when I give you something it still is not enough.
Instead of talking about what I gave you you say you expect something different.
Instead of talking to me about what I posted in that readlist your focus is on 2 people not being talked about.
Before you asked me about boom I was very clear on why I would not join that train but again you need more than I've given to see mr how.
Look at my body of work.
Outside of the meta (which I admit is more to my PR/wolf meta) what do you come up with?
If it is scum.so be it but I think you will find that conclusion hard to come to of you remove your meta read.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I don't know who most people think is scum in this game apart from Hand and me. This bothers me a lot it should not be this hard to have multi scum reads and want to do stuff.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I will only except a lynch today on players not playing the game
Xivii/Hando/Bessie/Spak/Malak

I think I am going to drop Malak down below Bessie and Spak
and switch Spak with bessie

Pythag
Jackrito
Spak
Bessie
Malakandra

Handorin