• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Jackrito

Smash Ace
idk why are your wording this as if you want us to say something?
I think tonally he is fine

what about his readlist bothers u?
well the fact he has a novel on Ranmaru, but only one line on Xivii who most of Ran's interactions were with, The town lean on Mala is weak as hell and he gave no reasons. The one on me feels like he was trying to convience himself I'm scum. also his read on Pythag just feels weak as well.

I just don't think this feels very Logic like I would expect a bit more if he went to that much effort on some people, the one on Xivii is espically weird to me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
feels the same as Oasis to be brutally honest
talks when he wants, and most of the time does absolutely nothing
Pressure seems to be the only way to get him to post more
Was he really this bad in Oasis I felt like he posted more and was more open on his thoughts. This game he just seems to focus on a couple of things and people and not a wider picture. I was scum in that game which makes my view on him a bit weird, but I did not think I could get him lynched because he felt townie. This game not so much.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The town lean on Mala is weak as hell and he gave no reasons.
I too agree his town lean of me was very... odd. Especially since I'd argue my content has been somewhat similar to bessy and he only said one post was townie for her.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Idk Why Ranmaru vs Xivii matters, but I guess I would actually need to see his post
in terms of Malak, I would expect a weak town read
He might be right on you? /shrug
No idea what he said about Pythag either

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'll make an ordered list off this.
I didn't even get to finish everyone.

Reads in no particular order: 3DS - they feel like a new player but they feel more nee!town than new!scum. The claim and all posts about it feel very genuine (not sure how thia role could work for mafia but town or tpr makes sense to me?) and honest. #829 says he knows ran is town? #835 says neither should be lynched until D2? Kind of a weird way to put things if town?
Bessie - there posts are easy to follow and understand. #736 feels particularly townie to me.
Malakandra - townlean I just like what I'm seeing from this slot.
Pythag - tho I didn't reply to them i kind of like pythag inquiring in what i was looking for in #133.
Jackrito - his handling of me is quite different here than in babysitter mafia. I didnt notice him throwing shade at Z's townread on me in #155. Now the early town read surprises me even more than before. I will lhabe to get him to talk about what he thinks of the rest of my D1? I take Z's side of the argument in #160 notnsure what it means for Jacks alignment tho?Talking about feeling bad for mafia teammates if 3DS and Handor were mafia feels off. I could see scum!jack doing this, maybe spew town of jack flips scum? I like jack calling out pythag in #1093 feels like a town post. I dont like #1098 aren't we supposed to lynch scummy people?
Xivii - I think I want to give them town points dmfor #42? What mafia gives a townread on someone's first post?
Deadbananas -
Laser -
Trisscar - claim feel genuine. Game state surrounding the train on this player kind of leads me to believe they are town here.
Handorin - early vote on jack feels off seeing as others were also questioning the roles existence. Not sure what he thinks Jack derailed tho since it was actually game related discussion? I dont have much else on this slot at the moment
Ranmaru - early focus on the 3ds's shadow more than 3ds themself. #144 is a generic post that can come from either alignment. #162 is a generic why aren't you voting post. I am not a huge fan of these 2 posts but they can come from either alignment. I kind of like the vote switch to Bananas in #215 they lay out their reasoning in #214 and after checking the posts in question I agree. While #344 is justified but also kind of weird seeing how focused they were on what the shadow had thought earlier? Not going to spend much more time on this slot as they asked to be replaced out in thread and last time someone did that in an Osie game they were modkilled (Phantom of the Opera I believe). Subbed out huh? Well I'm not liking this slot they have work to do.
Sabrar - I am not sure what to make of them just glossing over 3ds role claim as something unannounced and out of game? I also still feel like #104 says a lot with out really saying anything. And I dont feel like their posts prior to that are very AI (rvs vote, rvs talk, timeline post). Really not a fan of the 3ds vote I doubt a scum team makes that type of play (at least in the way sab is trying to paint it) I do not like the reply in #315. If the role is not proved by a certain group specified time that is when we should be pushing this PR claim imo. This could certainly be scum.
Spak - #891 bothers me as this has been talked about a lot by 3ds and other. I k lnow they entered late but to still be "confused" at this point seems off. Maybe they arent reading the thread?
Boomfrog - seems to have a similar meta to a certain someone I know from MC, where if they alive later in the game people will try to lynch them (Xivii said this). Wasn't a huge fan of their early posting or the push on Triss. Kind of felt like looking to fit in but the attention they drew to themself made that feeling dissipate. Gotta look into the circumstances of their final vote change that was a second too late? The move from dead to Hando doesn't look scummy.
Z - the EoD felt town and the roleclaim should be provable if his slot makes it to another day. So Fonti will start with a town read let's see what they can do. Like pythag, Z also handled my #133 in a townie manner.
Just posting this so people can see what I mean.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Imagine calling your own posts trash
sometimes u just have to reach a little deep for a town read, else you'll be scum reading everyone that plays like Malak

Wiisp

Smash Lord
well his read on Xivii is trash lol
ok is read on Malak may be a hell of a reach
outside that, I think his readlist is fine

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Idk Why Ranmaru vs Xivii matters, but I guess I would actually need to see his post
in terms of Malak, I would expect a weak town read
He might be right on you? /shrug
No idea what he said about Pythag either
How can you say if Ran vs Xivii matters it was one of the main things on day one and the Xivii read should be based around that since it was his biggest interactions.

I don't think Malak is town he does not impress me at all but said this before. You clearly like him though so you can do you.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
well his read on Xivii is trash lol
ok is read on Malak may be a hell of a reach
outside that, I think his readlist is fine
I feel Logic is town with real time interactions, but that list bothers me because it just felt unlike him does he normally do these readlists start of day because I don't.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
its hard to impress you anyways
I dont think anyones read has to be based on anything

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Imagine calling your own posts trash
sometimes u just have to reach a little deep for a town read, else you'll be scum reading everyone that plays like Malak
I mean, so far a majority of my gameplay was jumping on Triss who I was fairly confident was scum, but then ending up going off that and I'm kind of floundering a bit now. Can't seem to get any stronger scum reads than Handorin.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also, people are ok with calling Ranmaru stubborn
Stubbornness is literally human nature, we all want to be right
and he is definitely not the only person guilty of this

Trisscar

Smash Ace
With how at ease literally everyone is with me checking Hando, I think something is going to happen to interfere with it Tonight. That thing is probably going to be me dying. It's better to share this info now than to die with it.
This does jive with the lack of after-death will mechanic tbf.

ohh know, she outted a possible PR, that could be a wolf, or town
that wasn't playing like a PR, who is also suspected as a possible wolf, by many people
what ever shall we do, the horror
This tbh.

How can you say if Ran vs Xivii matters it was one of the main things on day one and the Xivii read should be based around that since it was his biggest interactions.
Still remember almost nothing about Xivii from D1 other than that argument.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I feel like you are not taking me seriously here, because you have decided I'm scum and that is very frustrating
please you know how I handle even my scum leans
I will never shut down your opinion

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Malakandra Malakandra
hmm for someone reason when I went to ping u, I wrote mandarin lmao
what is your level of experience again?
I've played a fair bit of IRL mafia and other online voice chat social deduction games. Mostly blood on the clock tower and secret hitler. This is my first forum mafia game and its a lot more different than I was expecting.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
please you know how I handle even my scum leans
I will never shut down your opinion
When did I become a scum lean for you, I have being rereading while doing all this and on page 34 you said I was town because I was pushing things. Just wondering what changed between then and now?

I hate this gamestate.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I've played a fair bit of IRL mafia and other online voice chat social deduction games. Mostly blood on the clock tower and secret hitler. This is my first forum mafia game and its a lot more different than I was expecting.
ok thanks, I think I remember you saying this now
I think your reads are on par with how I expect them to be, given this info

still think Malak is town

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito
I mean nothing in your iso screams town, or a wolf, and finding either is probably easier to do with associations
so with no wolf flip yet its kinda rough

I hate and I like your posts
me FoSing you is simply because of a post from Pythag that bothers me to no end
so it's an associative based lean

Jackrito

Smash Ace
feels the same as Oasis to be brutally honest
talks when he wants, and most of the time does absolutely nothing
Pressure seems to be the only way to get him to post more
You came into today by voting him though because tone was off what happened to that?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I hate how I agree more with my scum reads then my town this game that should not be happening. Sabrar I see as scum but agreed with so much he said this game.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
vote : Xivii

Ok he has done nothing this game apart from the Ran tunnel, he is also spending so much time focusing on things that don't matter and don't help us catch scum. All I'm seeing in my reread is commentary mode with no stances. Apart from a couple of posts from today which are ok.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Xivii - good and gets a gold star
Trisscar - good
LogicoftheVI - good
Deadbananas - good
Spak - bad

malakandra - good
Cuthalion - good
Pythag - bad
Fonti - good
Handorin - bad

BoomFrog - good and gets a gold star
Jackrito - good
Sabrar - bad
Bessie - good and gets a gold star
Ok explain to me why Boom and Bessie get gold stars because both have not being great imo.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
its possible he is still a wolf, like he has literally dont nothing
like he can pretend he has done a lot, but he really hasn't, and maybe that alone doesnt make him a wolf
but when does he do something?

his reaction to Ranmaru still kinda feels townie
either way, I will laugh at his attempts to attack my skill as a player though

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian
can u talk about Jack/Pythag for me
and ur top wolf lean atm

it would be much appreciated
Top wolf lean is Hando. This feels like him just giving up:
Dang, I get busy for one day (still busy, btw), and I already come back and people say I'm inactive.

Oh, I'm getting lynched now? Sounds good. Sure. This game is getting boring now. Too little thinking, just the auto bus of me with meaningless jabber around it, nothing real.

I will refer you to my last town/scum post. I have not had time to keep up with the past, I dunno 5 pages that have been posted since I was last able to log in?
I have "words bounce of my brain" in my notes for Jack. I don't see anything from him that feels towny or that I even ever really agree with. It's just blehness. I was hoping his push on logic would have some tonal beats I could read, but it was super flat.

Pythag, I still kind of like. Here's the post that sold me on him initially:
Ran, your recent posting makes me think you're town, but I disagree with your reads.

Sab was also in the game we played with 3DS. I think he should know better than how he's pushing him exactly. Focusing on the role and not the gameplay is a way of doing that. I think that's kinda scummy.
I also didn't like him siding with Triss in Triss v Boomfrog.

Hando's posts read like a vintage wine tastes to me. Very nostalgic. you mention yourself that he has little presence. I'm kinda shocked you put him as town rather than null. I want to town read hando, but I don't have enough.

This one I'll actually agree with, I was holding off on deadbananas until he gave his reads list, as it looked like he was just kicking the can down the road, and never delivering, but I actually liked most of his reads. I have a problem with his town read on me, just because like Groucho Marx said : "I would never join a club that would have me as a member." I'm just suspicious when people town read me. Or I should pull a Wiisp and say "I don't like when people try to figure me out D1. (jp wiisp)

I think you're giving too much of the benefit of the doubt here. Jack's play looks very similar to me of last game. But I was only with him for a day. ::shrug::

Being active and doing nothing isn't a town read for me. Also note how you town read Trisscar for this and you scum read Ninja for similar play :

Ninja was town last game. How can his same 'mistakes' be leading you to a scum read?
Ninja's only reads we got D1 was, it pinged him how much people moved around during RVS, and the like. This strikes me as definitely in character for him.
Plus ninja is in essence playing as two people.
His 345..he's so transparent in his own self interest I almost respect it. He's trying. I think he's town.

I may give credence to this one.
My counter argument that in a game this large it's not a complete sin to have a lot of nulls.

So, I read through the Scum Zen game. (lol did you really post your phone number?!)

Xivii looks and sounds almost exactly like he does in Socerers Open. WAY more than in that other game.
Here's the closest thing I've found in similarities :

In the scum!Zen game I see a lot of ad hominem and implications. A desire to get others To connect the dots, not connect the dots for them.
Maybe it was the size of the game, or maybe it's an evolution of playstyle, regardless, I don't see a meta connection.

He was suspicious of me in Sorcs, and he was suspicious of me in this game too. I don't have a problem. He seems to be a man of few words, so I'm not too bothered by him.

You're upset at Xivii not necessarily showing his work, and I get that. you have every right to find him scummy for that.
You're also upset that his pushes lack drive.
But in the scum game you listed, he's pushing HARD for people, and using arguments to push people to be lynched.
I don't know if you are allowed to have it both ways ran. I get that you want a case, but the closest one I'll agree with you on could be Z25.

Can you elaborate on this one, Xivi?
... I don't actually remember why I liked this so much. Maybe the way he ripped up Ran's Sabrar, Handorin and Xivii reads? I also like him having a problem with bananas townreading him.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Worth noting, Wiisp, I've been way more focused on townhunting than scumhunting so far, but I'm happy to try to figure out scumreads with you.

Can you talk about Xivii's reaction to my claim? The crumb thing in particular was so weird.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I liked his reasons for Boom today and I have agreed with a lot of stuff he said this game. If he was playing like this in Oasis like Wisp said that makes him more likely town. I wish laser was still alive because I would trust his view on him more then my own.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
What was the point of outing that...
If you died, your crumb from before would have been enough. Like this just isn't the way to play Neap. The goal is to trap vanilla claims. And the idea that he's not playing like a PR is just what?
And there is probably at least a couple of more PRs given that Neap is in the game for the sake of false positives. And one of them is probably a protective. Outing here was a negative. Just tells mafia who to kill.
Wisp, the problem with you and Ran is yal don't know how to how to chill and be subtle. In yals eyes, the only way to be town is hyperactively throwing out every little thing that comes to your mind, which just isn't true.
You had three people in it correct, including Hando? We knew it wasn't Hando cause you would have outted. Based on the claims and play of the other two, your treatment of the slots, and the night kills, we could have come to a reasonable conclusion.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think he is refering to your crumb of saying the check was in your bads
but I don't know why he thinks that crumb would be enough if you had died
it doesnt really make sense

and then he attack for my thoughts on the matter, which is literally a contradiction to what he latter says in regards to me and Ranmaru
like he wants me to take his opinion as the one and only, and attacks me for thinking my opinion is correct.
and somehow he pretends like he knew it was hando?

I dont think he has any idea how to use a Neopolitan

also I can get behind your thoughts on Hand giving up

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I think it's time.

Boomfrog is not vt. I don't know if that makes him mafia, but he hasn't been playing like a power role.
Well that certainly changes my plans. Frustrating, but I get why you claimed. My starting push on Triss was to get the game going but also to get a medium amount of scummyness on myself D1. ToDay I haven't been concerned about it since you are the one getting shot, and with a Vig out there I don't want to be near the bottom either so "pretty townie" is the safest place to be. People who know my reputation tend to get parinoid about me anyway. Xivii's Procomaition of Doom D1 also gives scum hope that I'm lynchable D3 if we misslynch toDay.

And no I'm not going to claim.

Top Bottom