• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Hey, I won't be on much later today, I have a zoom graduation! Sucky timing but alas. If anyone has any questions for me I will try to answer them. Im fine with staying on Trisscar as I think this is the right play today.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
A lot of people referenced them having a weak scumgame during Oasis. Weak scum players like to keep their options open on who to go after and won't be the first to declare someone strongly town.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pinged as scummy or pinged as townie? Usually pinged means scummy...

Z25 doesn't seem like the type to give someone a strong town read when they are scum.
And I was remembering wrong. I attributed an old Xivii post (other game) to z25. I was incorrect.

I guess I use 'pinged' as "got my attention." It was odd that he just up and declared that about me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I do, Boom. In Sorcerers he had a weak entrance, but had improved his play to the point of being town read and only caught by Zens gambit. I was starting to town read him.

Trisscar

Smash Ace

The problem is we need accountability. For me to get a read of you I need to see your thought process and know what your reads are. As a VT, and a player with some level of suspicion on them, you are in no danger of getting night killed, so I don't see what the danger of sharing your reads is.
Ye but I'm used to certain town roles being quiet for town reasons, and am therefore reluctant to call them out specifically on the first day.

Spak Spak Have I played with you IRL before?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Spak is literally the first person to not misgender me this entire thread, now I'm curious how they got there.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I support a Z25 lynch. I am willing to move there. My main problem with him he is lacking conviction.

Unvote; Vote: Z25
Why Z25 over Trisscar? I think both could be good lynches for today but am more sold on Triss.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I don't think Triss flips scum here, if he does his teammates sucked and did not bother to help him at all. I don't think his play is great by any means, but I don't think someone who gets scum first time on forum thinks claiming VT of all roles first post is going to go well for them. I believe in a town doing that as some bs gambit more espically since seen it before off town. Part of this may be me not wanting to kill someone who is new as well.

If I'm wrong I'm wrong and ready for any potential backlash but this is my take on him.

I just relooked at the game he did in my home site and his play is so different, I don't think someone who is scum links to a game where they are town and played differently. like I said before though I find this game such a bad first mafia game for a newbie not sure how much to read into it.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

Ye but I'm used to certain town roles being quiet for town reasons, and am therefore reluctant to call them out specifically on the first day.

Spak Spak Have I played with you IRL before?
You should do it anyway, or you die here. Nothing you do here will out anyone well apart from if you are scum and bury your teammates.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Deadbananas Deadbananas Z has more potential to be scum over Triss for me and he is a scum read of mine. Z lacks conviction and vigor. In Oasis, he cussed more in frustration and there is much less of that this game.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
...Suppose my strat isn't valid at this point, if maf either have the numbers for a vote, or have convinced enough town for it.

My plan on receiving the notification that I was Town Vanilla, was that since Vanilla afaik has nothing but a day vote, and other town roles presumably had more things they could do, was to convince mafia that I was a powerful role attempting to convince them I was not worth a N1 kill. Therefore giving *actual* powerful roles more time to act and find things outside of basic discussion.

This has clearly not worked, and I blame not knowing this forums' meta and therefore not reading the audience correctly. I did not expect everyone to immediately dogpile on my claim like I had just claimed godfather and offered to let people take potshots. Seriously holy s*** people what the hell.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
But I guess *that* is no longer an option, and apparently Bessie has decided that decrying s***** practices is scum worthy for whatever reson.

Unvote, Vote Bessie

Jackrito

Smash Ace
...Suppose my strat isn't valid at this point, if maf either have the numbers for a vote, or have convinced enough town for it.

My plan on receiving the notification that I was Town Vanilla, was that since Vanilla afaik has nothing but a day vote, and other town roles presumably had more things they could do, was to convince mafia that I was a powerful role attempting to convince them I was not worth a N1 kill. Therefore giving *actual* powerful roles more time to act and find things outside of basic discussion.

This has clearly not worked, and I blame not knowing this forums' meta and therefore not reading the audience correctly. I did not expect everyone to immediately dogpile on my claim like I had just claimed godfather and offered to let people take potshots. Seriously holy s*** people what the hell.

I buy this actually since this is common play and what I thought you were trying to do with the VT claim. Stuff like that is very old school though and most people know how to play around it now and see it more of a true claim. Its a decent move just a couple of years too late imo

Jackrito

Smash Ace
lel, then your meta is truly strange to me. ;)
The issue with that play is kills are normally done on vocal players who scum can't mislynch, they are also roles that they can use to figure you out in most games without having to kill you. This strat only works in basic low level games where things are more by the book.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Triss, so was your defenses that seemed made up afterwords just lies to avoid saying your real plan?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
He was trying to pretend to be a powerole who was trying to avoid being Nk by being a VT. So they would waste a NK on him.
But also :
Nah, just that only scum would be trigger happy enough to immediately vote me after saying so. Not to mention that as vanilla town, i have no threatening abilities and therefore am only worth taking out as a vote against maf. Therefore using the vote as a way to get rid of me is probably a better use of maf's time than using any night-killing things.
Therefore the most efficient course of action is to label me as a "noob maf" and get town to off me themselves as soon as possible. ;)

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Said this like twice now and half the people who've commented on it don't seem to bloody *read*.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m going to have to bow out for the rest of the day guys I’m sorry, the situation with my grandma just got a lot worse and I need a breather.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I’m going to have to bow out for the rest of the day guys I’m sorry, the situation with my grandma just got a lot worse and I need a breather.
Sorry to hear that Z, best wishes man

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think I may be wrong about Pythag and Ninja.

Scum: Sabrar, Z25, Logic, Zen.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Best wishes man, sorry to hear that.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Deadbananas Deadbananas Pythag Pythag Do alla yall really not understand the meaning of "I get sarcastic when people are aggressive at me for no apparent reason"?
I assumed than was in regards to your post where you waved to boom not a majority of your defenses afterwards as well. It's hard to tell sarcasm online so I would recommend using a /s.

Top Bottom