• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Malakandra

Smash Lord
He said he targets someone else and if one dies the other dies. So they switch, I think. And he said if he killed anyone with it, like if he got targeted for a kill and it went to the person he targeted and killed them he would get vanillaized.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
ill do all that later, it seems someone was quite creative with that chart.

So, if I am reading roles and actions correctly based on your post jackrito is confirmed town?
Xivii thinks there could be a framer or tailor at work, and only fonti gets the result and announces it. But fonti was right about boom not being vanilla, so I think Jack is confirmed town.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xivii thinks there could be a framer or tailor at work, and only fonti gets the result and announces it. But fonti was right about boom not being vanilla, so I think Jack is confirmed town.
Fonti can still be told that he got a vanilla result and not know that the someone had been disguised. Xivii is not questioning fonti's legitimacy

Pythag Pythag Can you give me 3 people you think are scum and reasoning why.
I'm working on this as I'm rereading. I'm not ignoring it.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Trisscar Trisscar not to be rude but most of your play here has revolved around bad mech analysis and incoherent logic. I mean some of your posts make little to nonsense at all and aren't talking about behavior. So if you would please show where others are using incomplete logic (not just say it) it would be greatly appreciated.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Can someone give me a run down of any important messages/info I should know. For example, any claims or night actions that were talked about, as well as, any other relevant info I should know.
Dead Comrades:
LaserGuy - Town Vanilla, Died N1
3DSNinja - Town Imaginary Friend, Died N1
Handorin - Town Vanilla, Lynched D2
BoomFrog - Town Friendly Neighbor, Died N2

Town Core:
LogicoftheVi - Town
Deadbananas - Regretful Kill Driver (swapped with 3DS)
Fontisian - Neapolitan (checked boom N1 jackrito N2)
Jackrito - Vanilla Town
Sabrar - Odd Night Vig (shot DeadBananas N1)

The Rest:
Malakandra
Xivii
Cuthalion
Bessie
Trisscar
Pythag
Spak

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Huh, interesting executioner variant.
Lyncher is an actual role.
Link to another site: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Lyncher

It reads like you're expecting me to Thanos Chess my way through this one
This is the second time you’ve used this term and I don’t understand the reference.

And you didn’t answer my question. Again.
How about you actually explain your read of me. How does my logic not make sense to you, and how is it scummy?
Why am I scum? Please explain your read. Exactly how does my logic not make sense to you, and how is that scummy? And why did you vote for me D1?

'Xactly. The stuff they *have* posted makes me susp of them, but they also basically aren't here most of the time, so....
Exactly what stuff that I’ve posted has made you suspicious of me? How?

Went over Xivii and bessie earlier when they asked, each used an individual post as example of the things I was noting; but honestly all four of you are putting off scum vibes simply by ignoring arguments (not posts), using bad or incomplete logic, or saying things that make no frickin sense, or starting pages long arguments for seemingly no reason. All of which are scummy to me, regardless of current host-site meta.
Can you give an example of how my logic does not make sense to you? And how is you not understanding my logic make me scummy?

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
...I guess the Font can be town, for his role as well. Does Osieorb make a scum aligned neopolitan, probably not.
Trisscar Trisscar not to be rude but most of your play here has revolved around bad mech analysis and incoherent logic. I mean some of your posts make little to nonsense at all and aren't talking about behavior. So if you would please show where others are using incomplete logic (not just say it) it would be greatly appreciated.
This shade, why does it exist? My master would eat you alive if he was playing this game with you. From the short ISO I did on you, it seems you really love shading people. Any Particular reason why?

Xivii Xivii
He said he targets someone else and if one dies the other dies. So they switch, I think. And he said if he killed anyone with it, like if he got targeted for a kill and it went to the person he targeted and killed them he would get vanillaized.

My head Hurts reading this, but I do want to believe that mechanically a kill switch only exists as a counter to Mafia having ways to kill outside of a factional kill they most likely have. This is me implying that the odd night vigilante has some scum equity due to mechanics!!!!

Xivii Xivii What reason do you have to believe the cop is mafia? How well do you know osieorb as a host to actually pull that BS read?

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
There is no reason for a vig to out themselves now when it makes no difference to the current game state.
This is wrong, it's quite scummy to out info for no reason. It's mostly done by scum to prevent themselves from being read as scum or having fingers pointed at them. How are person claims their role can easily be used to catch them as scum or town.
All the claim does is out the vig which with or without a shot gives scum information they can use tonight, I am suspicious as to why you are pushing this point.
Explain this for me???
I am against a mass claim for reasons. One is that it outs the town’s PRs. And an experienced mod would probably have some anti mass claim mechanic.
Nothing wrong with this unless you believe the Cop claim is scum, we don't need the PR roles to beat mafia we just need to lynch correctly. Am I right or am I right?

Why are you so paranoid?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
First of all, thank you Toko Fukawa for replacing.

I said I was against a mass claim, one reason was that the mod might have some anti mass claim mechanics. I was asked for an example, so I gave a lyncher as an example.
I think you’re still mixing up Neighbor and Friendly Neighbor.
Anti mass claim mechanics. One example, a role like a lyncher that has a target they need to kill, but they don’t know the player name only the role name.
The mafia scum link was for info because Trisscar had not heard of a lyncher.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
First of all, thank you Toko Fukawa for replacing.

I said I was against a mass claim, one reason was that the mod might have some anti mass claim mechanics. I was asked for an example, so I gave a lyncher as an example.

The mafia scum link was for info because Trisscar had not heard of a lyncher.
Thank you for the quick response!!!!

Though, what does a lyncher have to do with a mass claim? Lyncher target is a player, so mass claiming doesn't do much there.

What anti-mass claim do you think exists that just screws town over so hard that they shouldn't ever claim. If one exists its normally a claim vigilante that could exist, but why? In a game where Vanilla Towns exist and the number that exists is unknown, that is an anti claim mechanic, because mafia can just claim to be vanilla. The Anti-Claim Mechanic is the Neopolitan in my opinion.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Toko I'm not sure what it is you're talking about. I don't think cop is mafia. Also can you resize your images: https://resizeimage.net/

Pythag I had no reason to think of it before. It only occurred to me because of my scum read on Jack.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Xivii Xivii why did you wait until this day to mention the possibility of a disguiser?
Toko I'm not sure what it is you're talking about. I don't think cop is mafia. Also can you resize your images: https://resizeimage.net/

Pythag I had no reason to think of it before. It only occurred to me because of my scum read on Jack.
You brought up a disguiser, so I assume you think the cop is scum, no?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
This is wrong, it's quite scummy to out info for no reason. It's mostly done by scum to prevent themselves from being read as scum or having fingers pointed at them. How are person claims their role can easily be used to catch them as scum or town.

Explain this for me???

Nothing wrong with this unless you believe the Cop claim is scum, we don't need the PR roles to beat mafia we just need to lynch correctly. Am I right or am I right?

Why are you so paranoid?
I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. I agree, it’s scummy to out info for no reason. That was why I was against the vig claiming yesterday. The reason there was a push for the vig to claim yesterday was to try to verify their target’s claim. Their target was Deadbananas and he claimed at the start of D2. If the vig claimed it would support his power and town claim. But Deadbananas was in no danger of being lynched yesterday so there was no need for the vig to claim to save him from the lynch.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
My head Hurts reading this, but I do want to believe that mechanically a kill switch only exists as a counter to Mafia having ways to kill outside of a factional kill they most likely have. This is me implying that the odd night vigilante has some scum equity due to mechanics!!!!
Interesting take. I find it unlikely considering I would of been a rather easy person to lynch so I don't see mafia targeting me, but I do see a vig targeting me as more likely if not what I think the best play was.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What happens if the results on jack are wrong? Like what would your next step be? Xivii Xivii
The role I'm thinking of is someone that messes with cop results: tailor/framer/saboteur. If the results on jack are wrong, then we would have killed scum and we know that the cop results can't be relied on unless the above role is killed.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Toko, is you talking about a master a role thing or just something you do?
My master is the most handsome man in the world, the love of my life, a person I wish to be stepped on by. My master is Byakuya.

Day 1 had no information and town had a vast majority by most usual portions of maf v town players. That is not the case today.
This post is disgusting, you need to create info. If your town, the solution is very well not to shade the people
Not been voting till now cause I didn't want to have hammer suddenly happen and have Wiisp get booted before time was up.
9 People to Hammer, let me bold that for you. You were worried about a hammer when it took 9 to reach the majority? If the town were able to come to a collective decision that would be a great wagon, not a bad one. Have you seen a 9 person majority ever get reached early before?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the quick response!!!!

Though, what does a lyncher have to do with a mass claim? Lyncher target is a player, so mass claiming doesn't do much there.

What anti-mass claim do you think exists that just screws town over so hard that they shouldn't ever claim. If one exists its normally a claim vigilante that could exist, but why? In a game where Vanilla Towns exist and the number that exists is unknown, that is an anti claim mechanic, because mafia can just claim to be vanilla. The Anti-Claim Mechanic is the Neopolitan in my opinion.
Lyncher was just the first example I thought of for an anti claim mechanic. Lyncher that doesn't know the player name, but the role name.

I don't think there was any reason for a mass claim first thing on Day 3.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
The role I'm thinking of is someone that messes with cop results: tailor/framer/saboteur. If the results on jack are wrong, then we would have killed scum and we know that the cop results can't be relied on unless the above role is killed.
Do you not believe a framer could randomly frame town causing us to kill a town player? What then?
lol Wisp if Hando is scum, I literally led the lynch on him both days.
If pythag is scum, I've been the only one pushing him

What is your deal with me
Its cute to see you trying to give yourself credit here.

Why do you feel the need to point out said information?

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
Trisscar Trisscar My bad I think you were referring to a hammer on Day 2, which still if the town could collectively get 8 people on a train on d2 that would be even better than d1, the mafia would never just accidentally hammer or jump on a wagon without reason.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Do you not believe a framer could randomly frame town causing us to kill a town player? What then?
if Jack was framed as a town member to a neopolitan what would that change? Its not like Fonti can get a scum result, so I doubt a framer would exist because it would what just make a fake PR check on a vanilla, or a fake vanilla check on a PR?

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
if Jack was framed as a town member to a neopolitan what would that change? Its not like Fonti can get a scum result, so I doubt a framer would exist because it would what just make a fake PR check on a vanilla, or a fake vanilla check on a PR?
I am just trying to understand why Xivii thinks a framer/disguiser exists. What reason does he have to think one exists, unless hes informed by his own role what could he possibly know?

Lyncher was just the first example I thought of for an anti claim mechanic. Lyncher that doesn't know the player name, but the role name.

I don't think there was any reason for a mass claim first thing on Day 3.
There can be many reasons for a mass claim. I was about to say I've personally never seen a lyncher have a flavor as a target, however, I've had a role that had a win condition as exactly that.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I may have changed my mind on Trisscar because of stuff I can't talk about fully just yet because in regard to a ongoing game. I think could be scum here and I was giving them to much of a pass. Still think this slot should of being checked by now though since it is a big issue in the game state a lot more then mine own was.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Lol, most of the stuff people are saying they've never seen before or don't think Osie would do have been in my last game that Osie helped mod and balance.
Modgaming is useless, lets move on.
Triss definitely needs to be checked tonight. I am leaning towards them being more town since they seem super easy to lynch and if they were on a scum team they could get some help and advice.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
...I'll try my best to provide my thoughts in a little bit. For now though, Jackrito Jackrito I would very much enjoy it if the only confirmed town would step on me.

I don't have real issues with your slot at the moment apart from it has had two replacements and one of them spend all his time tunneled on me. I feel Ran who was in the slot first was ok even though he had a bad start. The end of day one makes me see your slot as town even though I should maybe not,

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Lol, most of the stuff people are saying they've never seen before or don't think Osie would do have been in my last game that Osie helped mod and balance.
Modgaming is useless, lets move on.
Triss definitely needs to be checked tonight. I am leaning towards them being more town since they seem super easy to lynch and if they were on a scum team they could get some help and advice.
This was why I was anti the hando lynch to a degree because too many people have hated them this game, and the only people who actually liked Triss a lot were Wisp and myself maybe some others to a lesser degree. I feel like my last thing aside I just can't see who their teammates could be and who is not helping them this much.

Maybe time to look back at the wagons day one and see where things changed.

Tsumugi Shirogane

Ultimate Cosplayer
I don't have real issues with your slot at the moment apart from it has had two replacements and one of them spend all his time tunneled on me. I feel Ran who was in the slot first was ok even though he had a bad start. The end of day one makes me see your slot as town even though I should maybe not,
I don't know about the original user of this slot, but the replacement before me provided nothing and I feel ashamed I have to carry their tainted body forward. You are mechanically town until something comes forth that proves otherwise.

This was why I was anti the hando lynch to a degree because too many people have hated them this game, and the only people who actually liked Triss a lot were Wisp and myself maybe some others to a lesser degree. I feel like my last thing aside I just can't see who their teammates could be and who is not helping them this much.

Maybe time to look back at the wagons day one and see where things changed.
My Master and I personally suggest you look back at trisccar, from the quick ISO of him he doesn't look that good.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I ask this ^ because all of Jack's frustration in my reread reads really well imo

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
This shade, why does it exist? My master would eat you alive if he was playing this game with you. From the short ISO I did on you, it seems you really love shading people. Any Particular reason why?
So you apparently haven't read Trisscar yet.
I'll give you time to do that then you can retract this statement.
I guess you could stand by it too but eh.
Read triss then you will maybe understand why it exists?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why specifically is Jack scummy?
1. The way he treated the Hando wagon as if he were going to flip town despite also being for the hando wagon. Elaborated on here.
2. His reads don't seem to have essence behind them. Specifically, there doesn't seem to be any reason behind his read on me. Elaborated on here.

Top Bottom