• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I have the biggest reason why we shouldn't lynch Jack over Hand
He is actually doing something
lol

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I honestly am not sure what to make of that slot?
Then I'd prefer you say that over giving them a town lean. Nulls are fine to have, so long as you explain why you think they're null.
Spak seems to be a the kind of player that reads a lot, and then states his opinion
but he barely does that, a lot of the time he is just agreeing with others, or bouncing his thoughts off others
Yes, unless I'm on break or have a lot of free time. Unfortunately, neither of those apply nearly as much as when I signed up for this game lol.
and arguing dead bananas is bad mechanically is the easiest way for wolves to hide, since finding real reason to call someone a wolf when you know they are town is hard
It's also the easiest logical play. It's hard to believe a person who says they were targeted by scum if they had no reason to be targeted by scum, and no townies are claiming to have any killing power. I don't think we should kill him toDay because the vig might have some mechanic that would cause him to want to remain anonymous for now, but a townie with KP doesn't claim (after which I'd personally believe his claim and he'd go to a weak town read due to his intentionality in seeming to try to figure things out), his story is a little hard to believe imo.
he is still hung up on Triss
Because Triss hasn't given me any reason to believe them. They have literally floundered in D2, D1's contribution was a poorly explained early game that doesn't make sense from a town mentality and a wagon suspiciously swinging off of them, along with Laser being offed while his primary contribution appeared to be sticking up for Triss (which seems like an IRL Mafia move to swing perception, but that's all WIFOM).

Wiisp

Smash Lord
lmao Laser died because he was protecting Triss?
I think we should just put you out of your misery then
Why is it so hard to believe maybe a town vig wouldn't shoot DB?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
and his read of Ran is just a rehash of what has been said over a hundred times now
and he uses a meta read in there, which is again easier to justify then naturally reading someone if you are a wolf
And that's fair, but it's still my honest-to-God perception of the slot.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
lmao Laser died because he was protecting Triss?
I think we should just put you out of your misery then
I'm saying that's a strat that people use in IRL Mafia all the time, and based on Triss' experience, I don't think we should put it out of the question. It's not good skilled play, but not everyone here is skilled.
Why is it so hard to believe maybe a town vig wouldn't shoot DB?
Because none has presented itself. If a town Vig flips or claims I'll change my stance on DB in a heartbeat (I've said that the vig should claim in the past if they don't have any more shots iirc), but that's why I want Banana around another couple days at least.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
first off, NKA is garbage 95% of the time
the above read only works if Triss himself is pushing it, which its not
and its not something you do early on, its something you do going in lylo to wifom
I've seen players like Mantichora push that in video mafia, I know it all to well

Deadbanana's in himself isnt scummy enough to assume he created a fake role to hide his kill
he was honest, so I will wait for that vig claim
I am more mad that people think their PR is more important than clearing up this confusion

Spak is a wolf, prove me wrong

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Wrong reason in itself for Spak to suspect Handorin, as is calculating Handorin's contribution by number of posts.
Fair enough, but that was more clarififcation as to why I called him inactive than why I was suspicious of the slot. Plus, the fact that most of his posts were just memeing didn't help his case.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
first off, NKA is garbage 95% of the time
the above read only works if Triss himself is pushing it, which its not
and its not something you do early on, its something you do going in lylo to wifom
I've seen players like Mantichora push that in video mafia, I know it all to well
Like I said, you're assuming it was a skilled play.
And like I also said before you're saying I'm relying entirely on NKA, I also said it's WIFOM
And before you say there was no reason for me to say that aside from wolf!Spak throwing shade, my posting style is very stream-of-consciousness in case you haven't noticed. Lots of commenting on things and making mental notes.
Deadbanana's in himself isnt scummy enough to assume he created a fake role to hide his kill
he was honest, so I will wait for that vig claim
He could've been doing it as a preventative measure in the case of a tracker. And I'm not aiming for him for a few days for the alleged vig to show.
I am more mad that people think their PR is more important than clearing up this confusion
In the vig's case, I think it's because it doesn't exist. If this is blowover from Boom, it's because it is.
Spak is a wolf, prove me wrong
I'd love to, but I'd have to show you my PM :p

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Spak/Hand/X/X
I'd probably put Cthulu here over pythag

so Spak/Hand/Cthulu/X

Pythag/Cthulu never w/w given earlier posts

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
Like you, as I've said, I really dislike the walls and reads Spak's posted, but my hangup is that there are a few little tonal pieces that I think are mildly >rand v in a way I would feel bad for lynching if a villager. Either way, don't think it's the best lynch today.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I just want your views on everyone, I will throw you a bone and say Boom Pythag, Malak , Sabar and culthu for now.
quick off the top of my head can read them and give you more in depth later (maybe tonight).
Boom is town for me. I didn't really like his triss vote but he felt like he was trying to fit in. Now I like his D2, I dont mind how he moved his vote EoD1, and I like his reaction to Fonti's claim.
Pythag - inhave tonwonder what I like about them because I disagree with a lot of what they are saying.
I think boom did looks town they dont like his vote hoping. Will need to iso this is back to neutral. They have made a few mistakes and not sure what to make of if they are AI or not?
Malak - I havent went indepth here but what I noticed as I was reading was that I liked their posts when I did see them. Not really sure why they have me as a scum lean currently tho? I definitly need to work on developing my read and seeing if my gut is correct. As I was reading I see early they had me town now scum...what changed?
Culth slow catch up is meh, first reads without reasoning is eh...seems to get. Better as thing profess but I need to read more.
Sabrar - mainly I hated I stance on 3DS. I likes my interaction with them at the start of D2 but another I will need to reevaluate.

I appreciate you asking me about them.
It has shown me I need to spend more time looking over these players a developing my read on them.
Ok here you say I had solid takes on people, but later in your top 4 scum I'm scum for not taking stances on people so which was it also, what takes did you like. I also find this scum push on Triss similar to Boom and it bothers me.
Now that im actually rereading some things they did the same with me today.
You are really telling me you were isoing and seeing where it took you on this site, which both me and Wisp have complained about the Iso system. It is surely easier to just read thread which I assumed you were doing based off your other posts.
Yes it is very difficult but that's how I spe t my night 1.
Lynch me to see what I'm saying is real if need be.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'll make an ordered list off this.
I didn't even get to finish everyone.

Reads in no particular order: 3DS - they feel like a new player but they feel more nee!town than new!scum. The claim and all posts about it feel very genuine (not sure how thia role could work for mafia but town or tpr makes sense to me?) and honest. #829 says he knows ran is town? #835 says neither should be lynched until D2? Kind of a weird way to put things if town?
Bessie - there posts are easy to follow and understand. #736 feels particularly townie to me.
Malakandra - townlean I just like what I'm seeing from this slot.
Pythag - tho I didn't reply to them i kind of like pythag inquiring in what i was looking for in #133.
Jackrito - his handling of me is quite different here than in babysitter mafia. I didnt notice him throwing shade at Z's townread on me in #155. Now the early town read surprises me even more than before. I will lhabe to get him to talk about what he thinks of the rest of my D1? I take Z's side of the argument in #160 notnsure what it means for Jacks alignment tho?Talking about feeling bad for mafia teammates if 3DS and Handor were mafia feels off. I could see scum!jack doing this, maybe spew town of jack flips scum? I like jack calling out pythag in #1093 feels like a town post. I dont like #1098 aren't we supposed to lynch scummy people?
Xivii - I think I want to give them town points dmfor #42? What mafia gives a townread on someone's first post?
Deadbananas -
Laser -
Trisscar - claim feel genuine. Game state surrounding the train on this player kind of leads me to believe they are town here.
Handorin - early vote on jack feels off seeing as others were also questioning the roles existence. Not sure what he thinks Jack derailed tho since it was actually game related discussion? I dont have much else on this slot at the moment
Ranmaru - early focus on the 3ds's shadow more than 3ds themself. #144 is a generic post that can come from either alignment. #162 is a generic why aren't you voting post. I am not a huge fan of these 2 posts but they can come from either alignment. I kind of like the vote switch to Bananas in #215 they lay out their reasoning in #214 and after checking the posts in question I agree. While #344 is justified but also kind of weird seeing how focused they were on what the shadow had thought earlier? Not going to spend much more time on this slot as they asked to be replaced out in thread and last time someone did that in an Osie game they were modkilled (Phantom of the Opera I believe). Subbed out huh? Well I'm not liking this slot they have work to do.
Sabrar - I am not sure what to make of them just glossing over 3ds role claim as something unannounced and out of game? I also still feel like #104 says a lot with out really saying anything. And I dont feel like their posts prior to that are very AI (rvs vote, rvs talk, timeline post). Really not a fan of the 3ds vote I doubt a scum team makes that type of play (at least in the way sab is trying to paint it) I do not like the reply in #315. If the role is not proved by a certain group specified time that is when we should be pushing this PR claim imo. This could certainly be scum.
Spak - #891 bothers me as this has been talked about a lot by 3ds and other. I k lnow they entered late but to still be "confused" at this point seems off. Maybe they arent reading the thread?
Boomfrog - seems to have a similar meta to a certain someone I know from MC, where if they alive later in the game people will try to lynch them (Xivii said this). Wasn't a huge fan of their early posting or the push on Triss. Kind of felt like looking to fit in but the attention they drew to themself made that feeling dissipate. Gotta look into the circumstances of their final vote change that was a second too late? The move from dead to Hando doesn't look scummy.
Z - the EoD felt town and the roleclaim should be provable if his slot makes it to another day. So Fonti will start with a town read let's see what they can do. Like pythag, Z also handled my #133 in a townie manner.
here I have issues with a couple of the reads like I said before my bigger issue is that this is not how Logic plays or scum hunts and the follow up is lacking

Jackrito

Smash Ace
quick off the top of my head can read them and give you more in depth later (maybe tonight).
Boom is town for me. I didn't really like his triss vote but he felt like he was trying to fit in. Now I like his D2, I dont mind how he moved his vote EoD1, and I like his reaction to Fonti's claim.
Pythag - inhave tonwonder what I like about them because I disagree with a lot of what they are saying.
I think boom did looks town they dont like his vote hoping. Will need to iso this is back to neutral. They have made a few mistakes and not sure what to make of if they are AI or not?
Malak - I havent went indepth here but what I noticed as I was reading was that I liked their posts when I did see them. Not really sure why they have me as a scum lean currently tho? I definitly need to work on developing my read and seeing if my gut is correct. As I was reading I see early they had me town now scum...what changed?
Culth slow catch up is meh, first reads without reasoning is eh...seems to get. Better as thing profess but I need to read more.
Sabrar - mainly I hated I stance on 3DS. I likes my interaction with them at the start of D2 but another I will need to reevaluate.

I appreciate you asking me about them.
It has shown me I need to spend more time looking over these players a developing my read on them.

Now that im actually rereading some things they did the same with me today.

Yes it is very difficult but that's how I spe t my night 1.
Lynch me to see what I'm saying is real if need be.
Your reads just seem so underdeveloped the fact you admit as much is a concern for me. Explain to me your voting this game I have never seen you need confidence to vote someone. This game voting is a real issue for you. I expect a lot more from you then this.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Just for the record:

Vote: Handorin

He doesn't seem to be taking this game seriously; he was before my time so I have no clue if this is typical behavior (I know a lot of people (like Tom/Kevin) who have similar memey strategies, then reading people's reactions to those actions are how they respond to their outlandish play), but it's not useful to town, and especially nonuseful without a strong meta read with said person. I'd be fine with him going toDay, but would still prefer Triss because they're also really sus imo and Hando will leave us D3 at the start of D3 with pretty much no info again. I won't be around much tomorrow and I figure I don't have the presence to swing Triss (especially with Wisp's presence seemingly bending the entire thread's opinion away from Triss), so I'm putting down my vote on a slot I'm fine with dying and is feasible to kill.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if Triss is a wolf this game
I will take the biggest L, but I doubt it

Wiisp

Smash Lord
isoing on this site is too hard, I am just going to reread the whole game

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm not changing my vote today apart from to confirm a lynch or self pres. I'm commited to this now unless something something happens but not saying what.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
isoing on this site is too hard, I am just going to reread the whole game
Yeah, pretty much the worst part of playing Mafia this site imo. Quoting isn't too bad once you get used to it and linking to posts is fine, but ISOing slots is a nightmare.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
our site is literally this site, but better lmao
Jackrito Jackrito

well I probably vote u then, which sucks
IDK why voting Hand is so god damn hard here
the dude literally gave up

Wiisp

Smash Lord
GAME WINNING READS

View attachment 272284

TOWN [Laser > Pythag > Handorin > Sabrar > Malak > Deadbananas > Logic > Boom > Bessie > Jackrito > Spak > Trisscar | > Z25 > Ninja > Xiivi] SCUM

Trisscar: After Triss was pushed, he's still been active in thread, while doing nothing. Yet he wasn't trying to improve his image within the town. This means this doesn't progress a scum win condition, yet it still requires us to sort him later, as in he put himself in a bad position. Not someone I'd lynch today, but someone I feel should be resolved down the line. Null-town.

Pythag: I found Pythag's concern about my play to make sense, since he always towns reads me when I'm more active. Something I've realized with this playstyle, is that town will be more pinged by it even if I state before hand I'll be posting less. (Example: FrozenFlame) I also think he's been pro-active. I also never thought his RVS was awful, because I could tell it was early game sarcasm. I took that as genuine and confident. Town.

Handorin: From the start, I felt he was the first person to have a substantial vote in the game. (#88) I think he's been consistently scum hunting with the little presence he has. That's all really.

Sabrar: At first, I had concerns with Sabrar since he didn't have a push, but this push on Ninja I agree with. I think he's focusing too much on the role aspect, and should be looking at Ninja's individual play.

Laser: The first good post that stands out to me is his #63 which he makes a good observation. (Z didn't ask new faces in Oasis but has here) He is also more active compared to the previous game, and I also think is showing his stubborness when he is town. (#242) He also has a good question and is scum hunting in his #93. Overall, I find his tone and direction pro-town.

Boomfrog: I think he and I both have different but similar reactions to Triss. Yet he votes him. #73 I find it to be pre-mature. He uses a noob scum tell for Triss, but when corrected on it by Jack, he continues pushing without re-evaluating. His #211 makes sense along with him rushing to vote Triss instead of asking like myself. I don't think he'd make a pre-mature push to have to back out as mafia. Therefore, I find it genuine that he backed off, and was honest that it was full of hot air, to pressure Triss. Lean town.

Malak: Malak doesn't post often, yet he was proactive with his questioning to Triss, which I felt was natural. #107 Yet his vote was reactive in response to my question as to why he wasn't voting. #192 He also had a fair response to Pythag. #203 Slight town.

Deadbananas: From seeing his #337, I find it reasonable and it also helps strengthen my read on Malak.

Bessie: I never had a ping from Bessie from the beginning, yet I considered her posts null. I'm aware she takes a while to catch up, and I know she works quite a bit. So far it's questioning Pythag's vote. I can only give her a slight town due to this post so far: #265 Part of it was her reaction to my request to explain why she wasn't voting, and her observation of Trisscar.

Logic: Seems to feel genuine trying to piece things together, yet that's it. Unlike Bessie, I have nothing else to sort Logic with, and he also doesn't have a conclusion or read that can help me read him better. Otherwise, I find him as slight town.

Jackrito: I have him as slight town, merely due to his #161. I didn't have much stick out to myself either, so I think it's pro-town to bandwagon to pressure until we gain more discussion and leads from that direction. Nothing else pings me about him.

Spak: Has had a solid entrance, and has a push. Slight town for now, but want to see more of his play before I have a better grasp of him.

Z25: Alright, there is a stark difference between his town game, and his mafia game. In the previous game, he'd tunnel on Boom and Maven, and I re-read, and I always noticed these signs. He was town. Yet here, his reads are very wishy washy, and he has no sense of conviction with his stances. #263

Ninja: First off, he's still making the same mistakes as the previous game, which I'll be taking as null. He is leaning towards the opinions of his shadow, and sidelining. His #47 seems forced, because Pythag's post never seemed awful at all. He also unvotes Pythag now without an explanation why, or any interaction with Pythag at all. I also think his Shadow isn't really using the role to it's full potential. #345 Is the worst post, because of his shadow holding back reads because it would only be full of nulls, when we have enough content to sort people by. I think it's also possible he may not be lying about his role but is still mafia, which is why he claimed it. It only makes sense to claim it as mafia, who wants town credit, but doesn't use it to it's fullest. Scum.

Xiivi: #42 This post pinged me because he's giving Bessie a town read when it was null, there was nothing to read from that post that was townie. Rather, I think it was too early to judge and this implies Xiivi has TMI. His #129 doesn't sound like he believes in it or is confident in it. Now he posts his reads list #393 which isn't comparable to his play in Sorcerers. [Town!Zen Reads Post] [Scum Zen Game] Notice that his play here is disengaged, and the pay off isn't there. Now his push on Handorin is notably weak. Most importantly, Zen isn't looking at intent or trying to determine who is actually scum here. There is no conviction to this posts here, and his tone is different, especially when interacting with me. He's taking each opportunity to sling mud (I'm not sure of the term, so I say that) on my slot when I ask him a question of his play. If he had a genuine concern with my play, he'd bring it up previously, and have it reflected in his lynch list. #397 #402 Finally, Zen never had an explanation for why Pythag became better to him to be placed in the do not lynch list.
First off, this did not age well at all
Handorin: From the start, I felt he was the first person to have a substantial vote in the game. (#88) I think he's been consistently scum hunting with the little presence he has. That's all really.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Xivii/Ranmaru/Triss
never holds more than one wolf, ever
Please elaborate? Xivii/Ran makes sense (that spat didn't seem manufactured), but I don't see how Triss ties into the two of them.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Please elaborate? Xivii/Ran makes sense (that spat didn't seem manufactured), but I don't see how Triss ties into the two of them.
Triss jumped into their spat, in a non-partnery way
When they told both Xivii/Ran to get a private chat, and chill out its just a game

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jackrito Jackrito
I think I know why its so easy for you to push things as a wolf,
because you literally hate everything
also dont take that as an insult, you still my boy

Wiisp

Smash Lord
might actually be bessie
your content isnt as great as you think it is
and 1-2 walls per day hasn't been a thing for you

when I think walls, I dont think one paragraph