• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Sabrar and Spak were also guilty of that, I give both more benefit though since they were on high wagons at the time of their vote. The more suspect voters are Boom and Bessie because they created the tie more. I stand by my postion yesterday on Z25 and think making the Hando vote when I did was the right move personally.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
you cant suspect people for creating a tie
well it kinda depends on if they knew what the vote count was
if they knew, and created a tie, this is obvious T/T, unless that tie was a direct result of all town, which means no wolves were around at EoD

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Day 1 had no information and town had a vast majority by most usual portions of maf v town players. That is not the case today.
Mafia is not a game of numbers it is a game of detective work and logic. You can have all the numbers adv in the world but if nothing is done by those numbers the small side scum will still win.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I'm not following you here, why would a town vig be trying to get Deadbananas lynched? If a town vig targeted Deadbananas they would know there is there is a good chance he is telling the truth at least about his ability.
Because that vig was confident enough to shoot them in the first place I assume.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Mafia is not a game of numbers it is a game of detective work and logic. You can have all the numbers adv in the world but if nothing is done by those numbers the small side scum will still win.
.......Soooo, MyLo and LyLo as concepts don't matter?

Mafia is very much a game of numbers, the detective work and logic are what you use to change those numbers, as opposed to literally the only things that matter in the game.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
you cant suspect people for creating a tie
well it kinda depends on if they knew what the vote count was
if they knew, and created a tie, this is obvious T/T, unless that tie was a direct result of all town, which means no wolves were around at EoD
Bessie swapped from Z25 to Hando in the last min that messed things up a lot. I'm not blaming anyone just doing a tiny bit of VCA because bored, I knew we need more flips for VCA but I don't care . Booms switch to agree with me and then back to Hando was weird as hell also. I don't understand why he does that in the last min when he was so anti the DB lynch before and DB was not even a option anymore.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
.......Soooo, MyLo and LyLo as concepts don't matter?

Mafia is very much a game of numbers, the detective work and logic are what you use to change those numbers, as opposed to literally the only things that matter in the game.
Those concepts matter once you are in them or near them. Not on day 2,

Jackrito

Smash Ace
if Bessie new the wagons would tie, that vote is really bad
I have no idea what anyone knew eod was a mess. Bessie and Boom were the worst though. We all knew Hando was voting Z last min he said as much. I potentially messed stuff up voting hando as well but I was not letting Z25 die there and wanted to avoid a tie if possible. So it could of being my fault also but you know I have my dumb mafia ideals and ****.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Bessie swapped from Z25 to Hando in the last min that messed things up a lot. I'm not blaming anyone just doing a tiny bit of VCA because bored, I knew we need more flips for VCA but I don't care . Booms switch to agree with me and then back to Hando was weird as hell also. I don't understand why he does that in the last min when he was so anti the DB lynch before and DB was not even a option anymore.
Also, if Hando's scum, wouldn't think clear Bessie? That's a weird thing to do to a partner.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think someone posted a vc before their vote?
so I would say yes

their vote was close to seconds before EoD

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Wait is Handorin really voting himself?

Vote Handorin

Yah if you were town and knew you were going to get checked for a clear by fonti you wouldn't give up rn.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I have no idea what anyone knew eod was a mess. Bessie and Boom were the worst though. We all knew Hando was voting Z last min he said as much. I potentially messed stuff up voting hando as well but I was not letting Z25 die there and wanted to avoid a tie if possible. So it could of being my fault also but you know I have my dumb mafia ideals and ****.
Not a dumb ideal.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
So, could she have known the wagons would tie? What was the timing of her vote like compared to others?
it was last min, I think my vote was a couple of mins before and Booms to Db also. The person who made the tie was Boom doing it after deadline though. If Bessie stayed on Z25 it would of pushed the lynch over. When Bessie voted it made hando 5 Z25 6. it was a weird move to make so late in

Jackrito

Smash Ace
wait, so she broke the tie?
No she made it closer to a tie at the time hando had 4 and Z had 7 I think. She made it 5 6 and then Boom tied it. Its hard to know the exact timing now how close it was.

Hando had just voted Z to make it 4 7 though so maybe bessie did not know that but still that would of tied it to 5 5 anyway. so Yeah her vote is pretty bad. We could have a case of her just coming back and not realizing what the count was. I don't think any of us did

Db also had a real weird vote swap from Hando to Z25 a bit before all this.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Triss -> unvote
Pythag -> Hand
Malak -> Z25
DB -> Hand
DB -> Z25
Boom -> DB
Jack -> Hand
Hand -> z25
Bessie -> Hand

@Xivii
honestly, you posting time for Osie is like triggering, you have no right to call time
especially when twilight is a thing
Osie can correctly figure out the votes without ur intervention

fontisian

Smash Champion
Looks like Hando voted for Z at the :59 mark, then Bessie changed from Z to Hando at the :00, making it 6 votes on Z, 5 votes on Hando. If Hando hadn't voted, Bessie would have made it a 5v5 tie. Then Boom voted Hando and actually made it a tie.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Right, but I've also been in a noob game that they should've rerolled:
https://smashboards.com/threads/salt-mini-mafia-game-over-victors-town.407942/
Not saying it can't be fun, but experience tends to be really useful in mafia. I'd prefer a game be close than a blowout, and would do everything in my power to ensure that (wh).
The only players I know on that list are you and Maven (and don’t have time to read it). I think this is more a theoretical argument about the game anyway we can discuss later (we had a whole thread discussing what makes a game ******* on my home site). What I didn’t like about your statement was that it was like you were using an assumption about the setup (and mod choices) as a factor in selecting your scum team.

It's also the easiest logical play. It's hard to believe a person who says they were targeted by scum if they had no reason to be targeted by scum, and no townies are claiming to have any killing power. I don't think we should kill him toDay because the vig might have some mechanic that would cause him to want to remain anonymous for now, but a townie with KP doesn't claim (after which I'd personally believe his claim and he'd go to a weak town read due to his intentionality in seeming to try to figure things out), his story is a little hard to believe imo.
There is no reason for a vig to out themselves now when it makes no difference to the current game state.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Man, that was a really nasty eod.

Mala and Bananas's Z votes look bad.
Bananas vote bothers me because he said that Hand was a better choice for him. I can only assume what Boom said about vote Z25 anyway changed his mind. Which was weird anyway since he did not want Z25 to die.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Wait is Handorin really voting himself?

Vote Handorin

Yah if you were town and knew you were going to get checked for a clear by fonti you wouldn't give up rn.
he actually said it didnt matter, because in his words, "Fonti will probably die, and then he will be lynched anyways"

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
The only players I know on that list are you and Maven (and don’t have time to read it). I think this is more a theoretical argument about the game anyway we can discuss later (we had a whole thread discussing what makes a game ******* on my home site). What I didn’t like about your statement was that it was like you were using an assumption about the setup (and mod choices) as a factor in selecting your scum team.
Fair enough, we can discuss it later.
There is no reason for a vig to out themselves now when it makes no difference to the current game state.
The potential gain from learning that there was a vig (who theoretically wouldn't have any more power to use) is important to clearing DB in my eyes (unless we just pray the vig gets shot toNight to confirm DB's story), and they theoretically wouldn't have any power left by this point, so their PR would now be useless aside from setup info and a flip. The theoretical town!Vig claiming toDay is the way to go imo, and the longer it's held off the more suspicious I get of the claim (unless they have a really good reason for not clearing the slot earlier). Only thing is that it narrows down one more person that it's a protective PR, but I think that it's worth the slot clear/association (or maybe wait until start of toMorrow).

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if we try to lynch DB today
the vig should claim to save him
that would be a fun experiment
else the vig is playing against his win-con

Wiisp

Smash Lord
There can't possible be all town in Triss/Hand/DB/Z25
the wagon movements make literally no sense if that is true

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Well we start by solving that grouping
Triss/Hand/DB/Z25
that should be the game plan, if we can solve some of those people via mechanics, that would be great

Top Bottom