• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's possible, but it's very rare for scum to do this. They would have to be very paranoid that they were watched to claim like this on D2. With 16 players the chance of scum getting watched doing the night kill is very low. It would have to be a very inexperienced scum team to make that decision to claim without promoting. I don't think I've ever seen it and it's hard to imagine.
Why are you assuming that Deadbananas would have to be on a team?

Talk to me about Bessie and Mal, since they both have a low amount of posts but you say you feel they are townie, why?
Question for you: why do you judge towniness by number of posts?

Reads are still mostly on Boom and Bessie, Boom because the sheer amount of pushing early D1, Bessie because that logic just drops nearly everything but what supports their point.
How about you actually explain your read of me. How does my logic not make sense to you, and how is it scummy?

fontisian

Smash Champion
Spak, when they have actually posted, has been towny in their logic and wording as I've parsed it. Jack is the only one who has been more so in a way I can actively quantify. Everybody else just has a lower internal "score" right now.

Yeaaaah but I'm seeing a lot of "being rude is fine as long as you win irregardless of team" opinions recently, and that is an automatic scumread for me.
Thanks. If there are any specific posts you remember from Spak and Jack that you felt were towny, it would be pretty helpful for you to quote them. That helps me assess both you and them.

And, just letting you know, I don't consider reading me off my predecessor to be rude at all, as long as you're also talking to me in the moment. It can be suboptimal, because obviously I can't explain anything Z25 did, but I don't think giving replacements a blank slate is the correct move either.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I prefer he, thanks for asking.
Ok here you say I had solid takes on people, but later in your top 4 scum I'm scum for not taking stances on people so which was it also, what takes did you like. I also find this scum push on Triss similar to Boom and it bothers me.
My post about you being the 4th most likely to be scum stated you hadn't posted in a while and hadn't taken a lot hard stances or followed up on most of them. You had solid takes at the point of my earlier message but you had not made a lot more since then and had not pursued your stances, the stances of yours I liked were: your stance on the 3ds most likely being real in post number 94, and I liked your earlier stances on Triss like in posts 154 and 161.

Where are you
[IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/258/258527.jpg?1460849643[/IMG] Spak
Hi 2-3 scum leans and explanations, thanks

Same to you Malak
Hi, am here now.
Solid scum leans are on Handorin, for their gameplay overall and especially at EoD, they seemed very hypocritical when pushing DB to try to role claim early on then not role claiming them self when they were a top wagon. They didn't seem to put a lot of effort into defending them-self either. My earlier reasons for him being scum about dismissive town and not a lot of game solving attempts also hold.
and on logic as I don't like that they didn't show up pretty much at all after D1 after their streak of posting which Admittedly I did like. I also find their defense of not talking about Laser and DB weird, as well as them going into detail about 3DS, because that either means they were reading later day 1 and not posting, or re read later and gave read info on a slot that they should of seen was dead and flipped town.

Vote Handorin

bessie

Smash Journeyman
bessie bessie
can you play my game?
Yes give me a minute, when I quoted your post it was blank I need to type it in.

Category 1 said:
Xivii - good
Trisscar - bad
LogicoftheVI - good
Deadbananas- bad
Spak - good

Category 2 said:
malakandra - bad
Cuthalion - bad
Pythag - bad
Fonti - good
Handorin - bad

Category 3 said:
BoomFrog - good
Jackrito - good
Sabrar - good
Bessie - good

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Xivii - good
Trisscar - good
LogicoftheVI - bad
Deadbananas - good
Spak - good

Category 2:
malakandra - best
Cuthalion - good
Pythag - good
Fonti- good
Handorin - bad

Category 3:
BoomFrog - good
Jackrito - bad
Sabrar - bad
Bessie - good

fontisian

Smash Champion
Malakandra Malakandra The plan is for me to check Handorin tonight and lynch elsewhere today, since he's claimed vanilla town. I can confirm him as either vanilla or scum.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Why are you assuming that Deadbananas would have to be on a team?

How about you actually explain your read of me. How does my logic not make sense to you, and how is it scummy?
gimme a mo please, quotes thing is occasionally fritz-y.

Thanks. If there are any specific posts you remember from Spak and Jack that you felt were towny, it would be pretty helpful for you to quote them. That helps me assess both you and them.

And, just letting you know, I don't consider reading me off my predecessor to be rude at all, as long as you're also talking to me in the moment. It can be suboptimal, because obviously I can't explain anything Z25 did, but I don't think giving replacements a blank slate is the correct move either.
Fair. Ranmaru was reading as scum for me, while Z25 was very much in the middle. I'll have to go back a ways to point out specific things.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Category 1 said:
Xivii- town
Trisscar- town
LogicoftheVI - scum
Deadbananas- town
Spak - scum

Category 2 said:
malakandra - scum
Cuthalion - town
Pythag - town
Fonti - town
Handorin - scum
Category 3 said:

BoomFrog- scum
Jackrito
Sabrar - scum
Bessie - scum

I hate this game my reads are never as clear as this, so some of these would be closer to null and others are just town off claims.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
also for those that don't know, no wolf can ever show up as vanilla, so any vanilla check is confirmed town

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Thank you fontisian and Cuthalion for replacing.
Trisscar- I was suspicious of Trisscar early in the game for overconfidence, for example I did not like post 131; she was questioned about that post by Pythag and I did not like her response in post 135, which didn’t answer the question directly. These posts gave me the impression of unwillingness to be open in reading the game. I discussed this in post 265. I felt that Trisscar’s content swings between reevaluating like in post 298 and more assumptions about how the game should be played like in post 292. In post 388 I discussed this and said that my impression was the Trisscar was looking for an excuse to scum read someone. Post 667 is an excuse for not giving reads. Trisscar’s reaction in post 760 was odd to me. Her vote for me was omgus without reason except that she didn't like my read of her.
Most of your referenced posts are very early on in the game (we're on like the 1400s now), I've already explained why I wasn't answering certain questions directly, and just because I don't give exact focused reads on people does not mean I am not reading them, it just means I am not confident enough in my assessment to throw significant public weight behind it.

While suspicion that everything I've said before was Thanos-chessing is valid, your arguments don't support it well and I'm wondering if there are things you are not saying, or if you are just sticking with your previous read for the sake of it.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
also kinda wish the quotes system noted which post a quote can from in terms of posts for this thread, as opposed to what looks like it might be posts literally ever, or posts on the entire forum ever.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
[QUOTE="fontisian, post: 23947450, member: 463453"] Malakandra Malakandra Malakandra Malakandra The plan is for me to check Handorin tonight and lynch elsewhere today, since he's claimed vanilla town. I can confirm him as either vanilla or scum.[/QUOTE]
Unvote
Thats a good plan. Stay alive brother.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ranmaru:
..........Okay that massive fight with Xivii just absolutely ruined their post history, I can't even tell what's what anymore. If that was a strat then congrats it worked, now I don't WANT to go through and try to read them back.

Suffice to say that I thought they were being extremely pushy for literally any game, much less a day 1 game of five-day-IRL forum mafia. The only thing that was keeping me from pushing back was the fact they had a badge and I figured they might actually know what they were doing and had good reason. I now very much disbelieve that impression.

Z25:
They spent a good deal of time going after Ran for not letting me know that edits are frowned upon, and otherwise kept to what most people were pushing as scum. That's the vast majority of my impression of them.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Im not judging towniness by number of posts, Im judging readability. You both had less said but he seemed to have them both in a higher town area and I was wondering more about that.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Yall might wanna make sure Osie doesn't skim through and take that as an actual vote move. XD

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Would have been nice if there was a say town kill busdriver to save me tonight, but what are you going to do.
:sadeyes:
Who do you actually think is scummy?
Category 1 said:
Xivii- town
Trisscar- town
LogicoftheVI - town
Deadbananas- town
Spak - town

Category 2 said:
malakandra - town
Cuthalion - scum
Pythag - town
Fonti - town
Handorin - scum
Category 3 said:

BoomFrog- scum
Jackrito -town
Sabrar - scum
Bessie - scum

To elaborate on you boomfrog you are more null to me currently than scum, so I am totally fine being a Wiisp proxy vote for this. If I disagree strongly with wiisp I won't vote what Wiisp says to vote, but they are confirmed town and have only one day so the more I can help them today the better. Guilt also plays a factor lol.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Solid scum leans are on Handorin, for their gameplay overall and especially at EoD, they seemed very hypocritical when pushing DB to try to role claim early on then not role claiming them self when they were a top wagon. They didn't seem to put a lot of effort into defending them-self either. My earlier reasons for him being scum about dismissive town and not a lot of game solving attempts also hold.
plz.
I claimed early in the game. As seen in my long post earlier today.

Wiisp, I'll get to the game, but I've been moving stuff and haven't had a ton of time, just trying to at least keep up on reading some posts right now.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Sabrar/Boom
just arent a thing with how Sabrar shades boom, especially given his meta

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
taking a break from catching up, on page 6 right now

things and faces are starting to coalesce in my mind a little

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Oh, I like this game:

Category 1 said:
Xivii - town
Trisscar - frustrating but town
LogicoftheVI - town
Deadbananas - town
Spak - town

Category 2 said:
malakandra - scum
Cuthalion - town
Pythag - town
Fonti - town
Handorin - scum

Category 3 said:
BoomFrog - scum
Jackrito - scum
Sabrar - town
Bessie - town...??

Bessie is there must uncertain but that's because of low total content and consistent style regardless of alignment. Spak is an outdated read and I'd like to see more from them D2. I'd also like to hear more from Sabrar to be honest. Sabrar Sabrar are you disengaged?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
possibly one of Boom/Sabrar is a wolf
still kinda doubt both

BoomFrog BoomFrog
do you normally meme by calling yourself a wolf?

Sabrar

Smash Ace
Category 1:
Xivii - town
Trisscar - town
LogicoftheVI - scum
Deadbananas - town
Spak - town

Category 2:
Malakandra - scum
Cuthalion - town
Pythag - town
Fonti - town
Handorin - scum

Category 3:
BoomFrog - scum
Jackrito - scum
Bessie - town

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Most of your referenced posts are very early on in the game (we're on like the 1400s now), I've already explained why I wasn't answering certain questions directly, and just because I don't give exact focused reads on people does not mean I am not reading them, it just means I am not confident enough in my assessment to throw significant public weight behind it.
The post you quoted was like two hundred posts ago, not in the 1400s. And that post covered only your D1 content, you didn’t have any D2 content yet, except posting the updated player list and correcting Logic on the spelling of Wiisp’s name. As for your reads, you had very few reads on D1, vague or focused, as I pointed out. And still you’re noncommittal on your reads.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
TBH right now I actually like Dead and Fonti's read the most
I like how the right half are the only people that put Malak as a wolf so far
and everyone hates hand

but if he is true claiming vanilla, then Fonti confirms him, if he is a wolf, he needs to kill Fonti
I want to assume we have some kind of protection coupled with our investigative

bessie

Smash Journeyman
Bessie is there must uncertain but that's because of low total content and consistent style regardless of alignment.
I’m kinda sick of getting picked on for what is low post count, and not necessarily low content. I don’t post fluff. And multiple posts to express a single train of thought not my style. I don’t open and read the thread all day, I play in the evenings. I said in the signup thread I would play 1-2 hours a night (and I have been playing twice that easily) and unlimited on weekends, which was a night cycle. I like to group all my reads from each sitting into one post and arrange them to organize my thoughts. But I’m breaking them up now, making what would have been my last post in to two.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
and if we can't confirm Hand going into day 3, then we just lynch him
\o/

Wiisp

Smash Lord
nobody is picking on you, this is a game of mafia
Learn to deal with pressure whether misapplied, tactical, or justified

Top Bottom