• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Jack is actually pushing things, I'm sure this is town jack, more sure than I was last time when I was wrong

Wiisp

Smash Lord
When I say KP, I'm not assuming a factional kill or a 3P, it can be a vig

Once the person who shot DB comes forward I'll think about where I want to put them

Boomfrog just feels super wrong this game, he might be a wolf

I don't really see why handprint is a wolf lean, unless the case is, "well he did nothing"

And at this point I'm not certain how ant to evaluate either of the two trains, since it tied, and y'all were flip flopping so hard, and I feel like y'all deserve this

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm interested in which of my reads you think this about.
None this game, in terms of hedging, but I like how you are handling Logic, despite everyone calling it dumb, logic could still very well be town

Pythag Pythag
Outline for me your wolf reads, that's not handorin

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think how logic handled my vote is pretty town though, I stated this before, that's all I got, I don't think his lean list can't be faked, and the blank reads will always bother me

Jackrito

Smash Ace

Once the person who shot DB comes forward I'll think about where I want to put them

Boomfrog just feels super wrong this game, he might be a wolf

I don't really see why handprint is a wolf lean, unless the case is, "well he did nothing"

And at this point I'm not certain how ant to evaluate either of the two trains, since it tied, and y'all were flip flopping so hard, and I feel like y'all deserve this
I want to know your view on Boom voting me, I feel like it is a bit forced. I can understand being paranoid of me last game, but on the flip it creates such a easy way to push me as scum using last game as a way to make people distrust me and make me a target. It feels more the latter then actually believing I'm being scummy this game.

fontisian

Smash Champion
fontisian fontisian in a world where there is no slip because I am not town. What does that do to your read of jack if anything?
Doesn't really change anything. If you're a wolf, Jackrito is probably town, so I suppose if you are town, his wolf equity goes up, but town!Jackrito could absolutely believe this case against town!you.

Fast question why do you not have a read on DB but do on 3DS. The only other person you don't is Lasorguy who died. This says to me you assumed he was dead.
The original accusation for Pythag Pythag .

Jackrito Jackrito , I'm also interested in your read on Boom, when you get around to it.

bessie bessie , thanks for the response, sorry if I was just asking you to restate things.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I think it's horrible of this is town!boom, I think it's more likely to come from wolf!boom atm

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I need to get back to work, I need to ignore this game for the time being, it keeps distracting it

fontisian

Smash Champion

Are you saying the person who shot bananas should come forward? I don't think that's a great idea to force.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
actually I'm fine with a vote on Boom for now ,the start of my reread has reminded me how much his push on Triss felt so different from last game. It was way too agrro last game he was more passive until the whole thing with Sabar but even that he backed out of. It does not feel town motivated his push on Triss and current one on me. Going to keep rereading and see if more comes up but fine with this for now.

Vote Boomfrog

Jackrito

Smash Ace
You felt vaguely scummy all game last game and turnedd out to be scum. And you feel vaguely scummy to me all game this game.

Vote Jackrito
Just going to call this out instead of playing around it. What exactly has being vaguely scummy this game, and how does it compare to my vaguely scummyness in the other game. You want to compare the two so give me some comparisons unless this has no basis and just cheap shade.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Are you saying the person who shot bananas should come forward? I don't think that's a great idea to force.
at one point yes, not yet of course, but the longer they wait, the less inclined I will to believe it's from town

I do want handorin to claim as he was a train that was almost lynched

Handorin

Smash Hero
(Some quotes may have been formatted for emphasis)
Seeing the word wolf in a mafia game is making my old brain hurt. It's my Italian mafia genes at work.

At first glance/skim, I didn't love the bananas claim. What experienced mafia would kill someone that was heavily suspected? Then I realized it was probably a vig. So my opinion is that vig should potentially claim. We either get a mostly cleared person, maybe a counter claim comes out, and it might draw the mafia kill for the night who are fishing for other power roles (and maybe a doc save a long with it?)

I'm not town reading you anymore you lost that by no showing most of day one and never voting. I liked your intial burst but I know you can fake that.
Too easy of a point to make. Mafia probably isn't hiding in the openness of the sole no vote. They're hiding in the wagons.

If there are no competing wagons today we should lynch between Handorin and fonti, the information gained from the end of D1 is lost otherwise.
This was a quick jump back to the easy wagons. We don't lose anything by lynching someone else, and we now have plenty of new information to gleam from night actions.

This is my problem with your statement. You're pushing people to go after me and Handorin, but absconding responsibility for the push. You appealed to this idea of not wanting to waste Day 1, as if failing to lynch a town D1 and then lynching them D2 wouldn't be super wasteful. I guess this isn't terrible if Handorin is mafia, since you're pushing for his lynch without trying to get credit for it.
Bravo. Noncommittal mafia is mafia. (Referencing Sab, if I wasn't obvious here)

If he's town that cocidence is too large though. DB was heavily suspected true so Logic having nothing on him bothers me even more.

If Banana was an attempted vig shot it was a bad shot. Hador should always be the shot based off play style and was one of the tied lynchs. Now we are stuck with him.
Aww. I love you too.

If you could directly link me to what slip you're talking about, I'd like that, because this :

looks pretty damning to Jack imo.

For some reason I could see a Hando/Sab scum team, but I would rather go for Hando first and look at Sab later, cause I like Sab's posts today.
I believe Bananas claim.
I don't like how Boom was jumping wagons EoD
I like Logic,
I want to like Bessie,
I think it holds that Triss' early strategy is from a more IRL playstyle, but I'd like some reads.

Vote : Handorin
Pythag should have the experience with me to know what I play like and see past it. So I don't love that he continues to push it now, even if it was cute in the beginning. And now he's softening up on Sab a little bit when Sab actually doesn't look any better? Get outta here

Welcome to my playstyle.
I love a copycat.

Handorin Handorin
Should also claim, since he should've claimed yesterday
... Vanillas claim vanilla, power roles claim vanilla (except maaaaybe cop????? but doubtful), mafia claim vanilla, and I claim mafia (naturally). ...
I'm vanilla, specifically.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
None this game, in terms of hedging, but I like how you are handling Logic, despite everyone calling it dumb, logic could still very well be town

Pythag Pythag
Outline for me your wolf reads, that's not handorin
offhand this is what I'm looking at
Boom>Malarkey>Hando

I could see a world where Jack is scum. I thought it was weird that he kinda wanted to deflate the DB wagon, but then still found DB sus. Me believing the DB claim puts jack more null, with a very poor meta read on him. (cause I don't know him)
I'm less interested in him right now though.

I did NOT like Boom's willingness to jump on another wagon EoD.
Malarkey hasn't been present, or consequential. With the difficulty some people are having making reads, I see Malakandra's D1 to be feeding into that.
Hando similar reasons, but I also don't like how he voted EoD.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag should have the experience with me to know what I play like and see past it. So I don't love that he continues to push it now, even if it was cute in the beginning. And now he's softening up on Sab a little bit when Sab actually doesn't look any better? Get outta here
Man I haven't played with you in ages. I wasn't great shakes at mafia then, and I'm not now. I barely remember anyone's specific meta from then

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Ya I'm not touching a vanilla claim, when we have a vanilla cop

Protect fonti, and she can confirm him

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Boom>Malarkey>Hando

I could see a world where Jack is scum. I thought it was weird that he kinda wanted to deflate the DB wagon, but then still found DB sus. Me believing the DB claim puts jack more null, with a very poor meta read on him. (cause I don't know him)

Malarkey hasn't been present, or consequential. With the difficulty some people are having making reads, I see Malakandra's D1 to be feeding into that.
Wait when did I deflate the DB wagon. I was on that for most of the day and tried to defend it when others said it had too many people too fast.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I can check Hando tonight if we don't lynch him.

Would have been nice if there was a say town kill busdriver to save me tonight, but what are you going to do.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait when did I deflate the DB wagon. I was on that for most of the day and tried to defend it when others said it had too many people too fast.
Oh shoot, that was Boom. I keep getting my wires crossed

Handorin

Smash Hero
Boom>Malarkey>Hando

I was diehard Bananas, but I changed out of self-preservation. Had I not, I would have died. Would you have done different?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was diehard Bananas, but I changed out of self-preservation. Had I not, I would have died. Would you have done different?
I guess we have different definitions of diehard. You came across as really nonchalant to me.
Do you believe Bananas' claim?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Logic appears to be actively working on going through the game and trying to solve and has been giving his takes. Jack has also had solid takes on other players in the game. Triss IIRC has only role claimed to apparently set a trap, saw boom jump in but only really pushed him mentioning his name once, then went off on some tangent about everyone role claiming before giving up an apparent other trap for boom by voting because he wanted to appease someone? He also states the second trap for boom to be aggressive, presumably for the purpose of catching scum, was not as high a priority as appeasing someone who wanted him to vote.
Ok here you say I had solid takes on people, but later in your top 4 scum I'm scum for not taking stances on people so which was it also, what takes did you like. I also find this scum push on Triss similar to Boom and it bothers me.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Same goes for Tris, but I already had a town read on him so
How confident are you with this town read on Triss, a lot of my reads are going to live in the world where Triss is town I feel, so sort of worried my whole game state is ruined if he is not.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I was against the Z25 Lynch and trying to decide between Handorin and DB. They both seemed like players who would be scummy regardless of alignment (Hando on purpose DB on accident) so it was hard to decide between them. Jackrito convinced me that the "too easy" logic wasn't solid enough reason to not lynch. Basically, it was hard to decide between all the mediocre choices and EoD was hectic. I switched to DB before I realized Jack had switched to Hando.

Actually, why were you so confident in your choice?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Just going to call this out instead of playing around it. What exactly has being vaguely scummy this game, and how does it compare to my vaguely scummyness in the other game. You want to compare the two so give me some comparisons unless this has no basis and just cheap shade.
I'm on mobile so no time to pick through previous posts. But didn't you already agree that you were "Vaguely scummy" as your style? So which is it? Do you agree that you were vaguely scummy this game or was that just defensive deflection?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Shout out to Matt my driver for giving me a chance to participate in this game today.
Dead bananas and lasor were blank in your read list, why? Because u talked about them before? So why wouldn't u say, "I already explained these", in the post
Instead you left them both blank and one is dead, and the other probably also got hit, by KP that could very well also be mafias

I think it's a dumb slip, I wouldn't ever do it, but at least acknowledge the fact that they are there, and it's weird
I had a list of all the name I got to some players others I didn't
That is all no special reason some have more info than others other than that is all I was able to do.
Laser I did not
Dead I did not
It is just happenstance but you guys want to make more?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm on mobile so no time to pick through previous posts. But didn't you already agree that you were "Vaguely scummy" as your style? So which is it? Do you agree that you were vaguely scummy this game or was that just defensive deflection?
I think that I'm scummy in general yes, because that is what people always say even though I don't agree always. You are the one voting me for it so that should mean you believe I have being so are able to prove it

Top Bottom