• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer of Smash Week 9: Dreamhack Atlanta

NNID
User7a1
There's not much going on this weekend other than DH: Atlanta and post-EVO monthlies, but the Summer of Smash must go on.

Dreamhack Atlanta (July 21-23; Georgia)
Bracket: https://smash.gg/tournament/dreamhack-atlanta-2017/events
Pools stream: www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Top 8 stream: www.twitch.tv/DreamHackSmash
The top 4 of each pool is listed in the spoiler (thanks to ARGHETH for making it).
A1: Zero:4diddy: vs HyperKirby:4feroy:, Kman:4falcon:, Russky:4diddy:
A2: Larry Lurr:4fox: vs saj.:4bayonetta2:, Player-1:4diddy:, Earthboundy :4ness:
A3: Ally:4mario: vs Cosmos:4corrinf:, Blank:4sheik:, Rango:4cloud2:
A4: ESAM:4pikachu: vs Ned:4cloud2:, Eldin:rosalina:, BigLou :4luigi:
B1: MKLeo:4cloud2: vs Mekos:4lucas:, Vinnie:4sheik::rosalina:, Kamikaze:4yoshi:
B2: Nairo:4zss: vs Mew2King:4cloud2:, Peabnut:4megaman:, Mr. Speedman :4sonic:
B3: Mr. R:4sheik: vs Wrath:4sonic:, Mysterica:4bayonetta2:, YuCas :4fox:
B4: ANTi:4mario: vs RFang:4mario:, RosaGetsFit:rosalina::4bayonetta2:, Jabe:4olimar:
C1: Salem:4bayonetta2: vs LordMix:4bowser:, ChillyChilli:4mario:, MarioKid:4mario:
C2: Tweek:4cloud2: vs Ryuga:4corrinf:, Chez:4sonic:, Poyo:4luigi:
C3: CaptainZack:4bayonetta2: vs ScAtt:4megaman:, Ross:4tlink:, CC:4sonic:
C4: falln:rosalina: vs Manny:4sonic:, Sinji:4pacman:, MisterMan :4diddy::4cloud2:
D1: Dabuz:rosalina: vs K9sbruce:4sheik:, RougePenguin:4mario:, Shade :4falcon::4link:
D2: VoiD:4sheik: vs MVD:4diddy:, SaltOne:4falcon:, AGman :4mewtwo::4diddy:
D3: Fatality:4falcon: vs Mr. E:4marth:, Rideae:4pikachu:, Envoid :4sheik:
D4: Samsora:4peach: vs WaDi:4mewtwo:, Sonido:4sonic:, Tachyon:4pikachu:

If M2K drops, then B2 likely becomes
B2: Nairo:4zss: vs Peabnut:4megaman:, Mr. Speedman :4sonic:, Oken :4marth:

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
DHA's an S Tier event? Right after EVO? That's incredibly strange, and makes me wonder how the next one or two remaining S Tier event (s) will be planned.......
Also, something worth noting (while not being semi-relevant) is that while it has been said that this summer is incredibly taxing on players, it should be this past week mroeso than any other part of summer. Do well at EVO? Take a week off. If not, here's an A Tier for you to do well at, and the people who did well at EVO probably wouldn't be there bc it's an A Tier and they just had a good run at an S Tier. But now...hey guys, next week we're having ANOTHER S Tier event! You know the kind that determines your pgr rank!
To have to try to repeat your performance at EVO, or to try and do better than you did at EVO, just a week after, must be incredibly tiresome.
I imagine we might get a few notable upsets from dha.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Salem :4bayonetta:Ryuga :4corrinf: 2-0 ZeRo :4diddy: Nairo :4lucina: in Doubles.

I would not call it another upset since Salem just won EVO and all
Still. Ryuga winning that 2v1 in Game 1 and Salem just destroying stocks while keeping all of his until the last 40 seconds..

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
DHA's an S Tier event? Right after EVO? That's incredibly strange, and makes me wonder how the next one or two remaining S Tier event (s) will be planned.......
Also, something worth noting (while not being semi-relevant) is that while it has been said that this summer is incredibly taxing on players, it should be this past week mroeso than any other part of summer. Do well at EVO? Take a week off. If not, here's an A Tier for you to do well at, and the people who did well at EVO probably wouldn't be there bc it's an A Tier and they just had a good run at an S Tier. But now...hey guys, next week we're having ANOTHER S Tier event! You know the kind that determines your pgr rank!
To have to try to repeat your performance at EVO, or to try and do better than you did at EVO, just a week after, must be incredibly tiresome.
I imagine we might get a few notable upsets from dha.
EVO is an S+ Rank now and other tournaments that meet the criteria will also be S+ (more effect) even without the change it would of been treated the same just now it is more known and not less noticeably

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
EVO is an S+ Rank now and other tournaments that meet the criteria will also be S+ (more effect) even without the change it would of been treated the same just now it is more known and not less noticeably
Still, it's like having your final exams one day and then having the final exams for the next semester one week later. It's incredibly taxing on players to have such stacked tournaments so close to each other.

JB333

Smash Apprentice
Vinnie:4sheik: 2-1 Mkleo:4cloud2:

That's a BIG upset, props to Vinnie for pulling it off.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just tuned in to see Zero lose to Samsoa...alrighty.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Oh man..what an unfortunate SD on ZeRo's end... but still mad props to Samsora he played amazing.

Now ZeRo and MKLeo are fighting in losers bracket for 24th....wow

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's this? ZeRo eliminated from winners bracket by my girl :4peach:? A right shame, that, but I do believe there's still time for him to stage a comeback.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Man, Samsora almost got to not only send ZeRo to losers but also VoiD. He's shown some amazing clutch factor this tournament, but a shame he couldn't close this one out.

Top Bottom