• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Summer of Smash Week 14: Shine and Dubai Dojo

NNID
User7a1
WaDi :4mewtwo: 3-1 Zinoto :4diddy:
ANTi :4mario: 2-3 ESAM :4samus:
EDIT: Light :4fox: 3-1 VoiD :4sheik:
EDIT 2: WaDi :4mewtwo: 3-1 ESAM :4pikachu:

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I saw Larry 2-1 Wadi when I was tuned in too. Wadi threw away the set by going ROb against Larry game 3. Like...what?
I didn't watch the set but neither Mewtwo nor ROB does particularly well against Fox. I'd personally say Mewtwo's the better choice but hey, I'm not the one who's played Larry and just beaten Zinoto and Esam.

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
So I am back from Shine. Below is my run in a spoiler for the curious.
Game7a1 :4gaw: 2-0 Plyr3 :4marth::4sheik: (I let him go to FD as Sheik. Whoops.)
Game7a1 :4gaw: 2-0 McLoud :4mario:
Game7a1 :4gaw::4jigglypuff: 0-2 Marss :4zss:
Game7a1 :4gaw: 2-0 Tarn :4feroy: (Funny enough, I eliminated him in round 2 pools in Shine 2016. Also a streamed match.)
Game7a1 :4jigglypuff: 1-2 Redeemer Z :4rob: (First game 3 of the day for me. Don't know why the bracket uses the check mark instead of the game count.)
Placing: 97th
I saw a lot (more than I expected) of NE and MA PR players get upsetted in round 1 pools (such as Ntarps, DM888, Tsage, and Chavo), so of which didn't go to round 2. If you need me to list them, I can. A bit in a rush right now.
So you were the guy that kept taunting his opponent on stream lol... you almost fell to the taunt to get bodied combo I was rooting for it not gonna lie lmao

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
So you were the guy that kept taunting his opponent on stream lol... you almost fell to the taunt to get bodied combo I was rooting for it not gonna lie lmao
Yeah, I did it a bit too much. Don't know why.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
People talking Bayo saturation when two of the best players start pocketing Diddy? Rly makes u think :nifty:

Illuminose

Smash Ace
man, this is a disappointing top 8 so far...sucks to see most of the players not playing well. the top 8 is filled with star players, but the level of play is not reflecting that.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Leo bringing out Bayonetta

... now Toon Link

What even are the top pros doing this tournament

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Just went on to see that Nairo and Ally have a Diddy Kong, MKLeo has a Bayonetta, and Tweek 3-0ed MKLeo with DK and also 3-0ed Salem and is about to 3-0 Nairo. What the heck?

blackghost

Smash Champion
Just went on to see that Nairo and Ally have a Diddy Kong, MKLeo has a Bayonetta, and Tweek 3-0ed MKLeo with DK and also 3-0ed Salem and is about to 3-0 Nairo. What the heck?
I think that game confirmed that he doesn't have a bayonetta. Be could barely combo dk.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I can't see cause I'm at school, what on earth happened at Shine?
Everyone suddenly got amnesia and completatly forgot what their mains were, so they all just picked a bunch of random characters and hoped they would win.

chaos11011

Smash Lord
NNID
IDSeason
People talking Bayo saturation when two of the best players start pocketing Diddy? Rly makes u think :nifty:
Because he does well against Bayo. Even Sceptile with HP Ice was used in a metagame where Gliscor, Tyranitar, and Vaporeon was the most most popular core in early Gen 4 OU. Or Hariyama in the beginning of Genesect's reign in Gen 5. Doesn't mean the counter is oversaturated.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Yay, Pokemon metagame references! (I really miss the Gen 4 and 5 metas)

And there's absolutely no problem with top players picking up Diddy to counter Bayos, whose players have really been causing upsets as of late.

Top Bottom